Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate (63373 Views)

Results On Comparing Fixed Deposit Interest Rates Between First Bank And Gtbank / Zenith Bank: Fixed Deposit Account / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by Ohonba(m): 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2016
Fixed deposit (fd) is more risky than Treasury Bills(tb), but with a reputable company and understanding investment tips, fd is more rewarding than tb, you can easily roll over you fd, but tb cannot be rolled over, in other word at maturity you will need to rebid for tb, but this is not same with fd.

you cant cash in on your tb investment before maturity except you either take a per cent age cut from bank most time at their own rate or get some body to buy it off you at a reduced rate, but you can with your fd,

the treasury bill rate is current lower compare to some rates offered by some finance (a leasing and financing)

even higher than bank rates.

the challenge people really have with a non banking financial company is confidence issue, but then, distress in a finance company does not start and blow out the same day, its a gradual and period (months or even years). so how do you go round this symptom.

1, do a back ground check on the company you intend to place our funds

2, what business are they into, ie risk level

3, is the rate been offered realistic (40% for your investment in one month is too juicy to be true)

4, Apart from the fund you are placing can you buy or do any other business with them?

5, asked for your funds before maturity as a test on their liquidity level, they may charge a per cent age of your interest as penalty it is better to loss a fraction of your interest than the entire funds.

if it takes longer than 24 hours or at most 48 hours if is a hugh fund to pay you then technically there is a problem, so at this point you can decide on the next step to take.

non banking financial institution are not like bank so their payment time is a little longer than the over the counter bank payment.

Their banking procedure is also a factor (issue you a cheque to go and queue up to collect you money)

be guided accordingly
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by walexy14(m): 6:41pm On May 02, 2016
ernie4life:

I totally agree with you, investment houses offer higher rates.
tbills are cool trust me, in fact am bidding tomorrow but it has its own short coming. fixed deposit are more flexible than tbills, what I mean is this, I can fix my money today and tomorrow an urgent issue may come up, all I need do is walk to my investment houses and instruct them to liquidate it and give me back my money and it will be done, Yea the may charge me preliquidation charges but it's on accrued interest meaning my capita is still intact.
but Tbills is different not all banks/investment house will agree to buy my tbills at a discount.

Secondly fixed deposit offers you short time investment unlike tbills which has a minimum tenure of 91days, fixed deposit has a minimum tenure of 30days.

So always consider all this before you decide where to put your money.
Bros , You can guve us a try (Rosabon Financial services 32 Montgomery Rd Sabo yaba) Fantastic interest rate
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by Ohonba(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2016
bro, this T/B biz is risk free because its government borrowing, thus, every one wants it, it is sometime not readily available to invest in. if the bid is more than the offer you will have to wait for another time (usually two weeks),even after that it is still not guarantee you will get on the next bid so what happens to your money if your bid was not successful, in between bids your money earns nothing
the simple calculation is like
Rate: 7%
Amount: N1m
Tenor: 91 days
by simple interest 7/100 * 91/365 *1m = N17, 452.05 less charges that your bank introduces and the balance is paid to you.

but where i work Rosabon Financial Services limited, yaba, we do better than that in our treasury department as our rates are competitive, depending on the tenor 90 days, 120 days 180 days 365 days. your transaction is booked immediately, and its starts counting immediately and you are give a certification to that effect.

Your fund is very safe and prompt payment at maturity without any hidden charges. we only charge statutory of withholding tax, as in all investments in Nigeria.

Leasing and financing is our core business
figment232:
Pls a laymans view of dis T/B biz .if i invest N1M hw much do i get in a month?
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by makdcash(m): 4:04pm On May 17, 2016
Is this the profit for a whole year.....please I don't get it break it down,am really interested and in what percentage did u calculate this.....waiting for your response asap.

by simple interest 7/100 * 91/365 *1m = N17, 452.05 less charges that your bank introduces and the balance is paid to you.

Ohonba:
bro, this T/B biz is risk free because its government borrowing, thus, every one wants it, it is sometime not readily available to invest in. if the bid is more than the offer you will have to wait for another time (usually two weeks),even after that it is still not guarantee you will get on the next bid so what happens to your money if your bid was not successful, in between bids your money earns nothing
the simple calculation is like
Rate: 7%
Amount: N1m
Tenor: 91 days

but where i work Rosabon Financial Services limited, yaba, we do better than that in our treasury department as our rates are competitive, depending on the tenor 90 days, 120 days 180 days 365 days. your transaction is booked immediately, and its starts counting immediately and you are give a certification to that effect.

Your fund is very safe and prompt payment at maturity without any hidden charges. we only charge statutory of withholding tax, as in all investments in Nigeria.

Leasing and financing is our core business
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by Ohonba(m): 3:37pm On May 18, 2016
[quote author=makdcash post=45733679]So plz tell me.i I invest 1m with d 7percent how would I get at the end of d year

1m at 7% for one year 7/100 x365/365x 1m = xxxx less 5% withholding tax. do the maths, that is what you will get at 7%

but in rosabon for one year, we can give 11%

break down

Rate: 11%
Tenor: 365 days (1 year)
Amount: 1m

11/100 x 365/365 x 1m = 110,000 less 5% withholding tax balance of this is what you earn with rosabon. the terms of placement will be spelt out in the certificate that will be given to you once we consummate the trasaction. your fund very safe no story
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by joskina: 10:25pm On May 26, 2016
Y Not Go For Insurance, Which Have A Better Interest Rate, It Is Tax Free And So Many Other Benefits. This I Do And Never Regret Having Two Of Insurance Plan With Me Since It Is From A Company With A Name ( You Know What I Mean)
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by edorhe14(m): 11:46pm On May 26, 2016
Elai147:
You better cancel fixed deposit from your thought and embrace Treasury Bills. Keystone bank gives 8.5% for 3 months F/D but it is still no where close to T-Bills.
Kindly Enlighten me on how treasury bills work. Thanks
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by Elai147: 4:48pm On May 27, 2016
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by edorhe14(m): 6:16pm On May 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by power900: 1:21am On Aug 09, 2016
Tbills koor, Tee bliz tiwa savage Ni....mtcheeew
hello people, Two words for you all ""BE CAREFULL"

these guys go brain wash all of una with little or sweet details but make you all remember say the devil is in the real details and if you don't pay attention ,he will win....I have seen a few people benefit from all these magical stunts and I know a lot who lost woefully,my dad was one of them back then in the 90s......so me now, I am just happy with my small 7fugure wet dey ma account, when e reach to build something, I use am build ,not some smokes screen investment

let me shock you all, all these funds still ends up in buildings and real estates, abi all those estates una dey see,who una think say get them......

lol, after they collect your 10m, they just issue you a piece of paper, something wet rat fit chop....shiooooooor!
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by Chibuking81(m): 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
ernie4life:

I totally agree with you, investment houses offer higher rates.
tbills are cool trust me, in fact am bidding tomorrow but it has its own short coming. fixed deposit are more flexible than tbills, what I mean is this, I can fix my money today and tomorrow an urgent issue may come up, all I need do is walk to my investment houses and instruct them to liquidate it and give me back my money and it will be done, Yea the may charge me preliquidation charges but it's on accrued interest meaning my capita is still intact.
but Tbills is different not all banks/investment house will agree to buy my tbills at a discount.

Secondly fixed deposit offers you short time investment unlike tbills which has a minimum tenure of 91days, fixed deposit has a minimum tenure of 30days.

So always consider all this before you decide where to put your money.
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by oluwaiye2017: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2016
tinkinfela:
I wrote Zenith bank to ask about their fixed deposit interest rate and got this response.

Fixed deposit rates:

TENOR AMOUNT RATE PER ANNUM
30DAYS 1M 4%
60DAYS 1M 4%
90DAYS 1M 3.25%

Someone please confirm if this is standard rate or there are far better rate elsewhere or maybe I should try to negotiate for more?

This is an opportunity to introduce Rosabon Financial Services Yaba to you.
If you have money in a savings account and are reading this article, you’re probably disappointed in the 1% (or so) return you’re getting lately. Surely you can do better than that? The best option available to you is to invest in :
ROSABON FINANCIAL SERVICES YABA .

Are you looking for the best investment plan that would yield great returns? Rosabon Treasury Note – (RTN) is just for you! With this plan, not only are you availed with highly competitive rates, you also get the opportunity to negotiate your interest rate on all deposits above N1,000,000.The RTN is a fixed deposit account that guarantees higher interest rate and a flexible investment plan. This account is for all fund managers and portfolio investors, due to the present economy recession we advise you to place your funds by transferring your investment risks to Rosabon financial services and be very sure of your returns on investments at maturity. Rosabon is a financial company licensed by the central bank of Nigeria to carry out financial services. We have been operating in the past 23years and still waxing strong.

BENEFITS
• Attractive interest rates. • Interest rates on Deposits over N1, 000, 000 can be negotiated. • Flexible investment opportunities.

TO OPEN A RTN ACCOUNT, SIMPLY Determine how much you want to deposit (Minimum of N250,000) Choose the Tenor of Your investment Plan (90 days, 180 days or 365 days) Send an email to o.isaac@rosabon-finance.net Call us on these numbers, 081-083-54-503. Walk into any of our branches in Lagos and Port Harcourt
For more information, visit www.rosabon-finance.com
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by jessyb: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
why invest in a system that yields little? Have a long term projection that can give you double. Real Estate is the deal this days. Land is forever appreciating. Buy a land in Ibeju lekki for a discount price of 1.5m with guaranteed C of O and a year from now, you can sell for double. Ibeju Lekkiis hotcake now. Dangote is acquiring a large share of that axis. It will become an industrial centre and will attract more and more investment in the area. Get a piece of the action. I am Gbemi from Rich life Estate and Gardens (www.richlifenigeria.com). We can be verified through any means. Our integrity speaks for us. Call or Whatsapp me on 07084910289
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by bizhop01: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
Fixed deposit depend on banks,my bank give me 13% for 1million in 12 month, far better than Treasury Bills
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by ihedioramma: 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
bizhop01:
Fixed deposit depend on banks,my bank give me 13% for 1million in 12 month, far better than Treasury Bills
Who told you? your 13% is #13,000 why Treasury Bills is 17.5/18.50% thats #170500 Or #180500
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by Nfchi73: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2018
Can I get the official website of zenith Bank to confirm this.
Thanks
Re: Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate by iikkeennaa(m): 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
dbucas:
Bank managers see people that partakes in fixed deposit as fools. When you fixed your money in banks, what they do is to invest it most especially in forex trading and make fortunes out of it, giving you u only 4% of your money at the end of the year, whereas they have made more than 200% of that money within a year, IMAGINE. call me on 08036812455 to learn how professionals trade the forex market.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Binance Responds To #BinanceStopScamming With A Letter To Nigerians / How Safe Is NNN Nigeria? - Man Asks EFCC. See EFCC's Reply / URGENT NOTICE: For Participants Of MMM And Other Ponzi Schemes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.