Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship (12109 Views)

Bode George: Tinubu Has Begged Me For Forgiveness / Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Bola Tinubu Has Chronic Mouth Odour - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoAtlantic: 4:10am On Apr 19, 2013
No Regrets Making Fashola Lagos Gov – Tinubu

Fri, 19/04/2013 - 2:15am

A former Governor of Lagos State, Chief Bola Tinubu, said yesterday that he has no regrets pushing for Mr Babatunde Fashola as his successor in 2007.

“When I was pushing for him to become governor in 2007, they said that he could not do anything.

“Today, I am vindicated. Thank you for not disappointing me and Lagosians and for not putting me to shame,’’ he told thousands of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) supporters in Lagos at the party’s convention.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 4, 691 delegates from the 36 states and Abuja converged on Onikan Stadium on Lagos Island for the event.

Tinubu said, “ You (Fashola) have actualised our vision and dreams. We are proud of your performance.’’

He also commended some political leaders, including retired Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 elections, for their efforts in deepening the country’s democracy.

Tinubu also named former governors of Kano State and Ogun, Ibrahim Sekarau and Chief Olusegun Osoba, respectively,  as among those helping to deepen the nation’s democracy.

On the merger of four parties into All Progressive Congress (APC), Tinubu said the initiative was to bring about the necessary change in the polity.

“We demand a change in the governance of the country. Nigeria must be a prosperous, safe and secure nation.
“The challenges facing us as a nation – insecurity, kidnapping, mass poverty, unemployment and poor wages – must be addressed.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/52384/2013/04/19/no_regrets_making_fashola_lagos_gov_tinubu.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoAtlantic: 4:11am On Apr 19, 2013
Haters beware

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by saintneo(m): 4:31am On Apr 19, 2013
Absolute power corrupts.....fear of losing power corrupts

Tinibu just showed he influenced the LASG election against the will of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by koruji(m): 4:48am On Apr 19, 2013
When Akpabio openly confessed to changing the name of za winner where were you?
Everybody already knew the role Tinubu played in Fashola becoming the governor.
However, Tinubu did not do anything to influence the actual election and that is not what he said - although I am sure you do understand what he was saying.
If Lagosians did not think Tinubu was right they would have gone with the People Deceiving People (PDP) candidate!!!
Stop making yourself look extremely foolish.

saintneo: Absolute power corrupts.....fear of losing power corrupts

Tinibu just showed he influenced the LASG election against the will of the people.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoAtlantic: 4:55am On Apr 19, 2013
saintneo: Absolute power corrupts.....fear of losing power corrupts

His endorsement for BFR paved way for fash's victory. Name anyone who has supporter in Lagos than Tinubu that can serve as barrier to Fashola's victory as Lagos governor. None.

Supporting a candidate is not the same as electing him through dubious means like that of the ruling party which Akpabio confessed.

Wasn't the victory of the girlish voiced governor in the east the handiwork of their sage(Ojuku)? Does it mean he got him into power through a dubious manner?

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoAtlantic: 4:59am On Apr 19, 2013
koruji: When Akpabio openly confessed to changing the name of za winner where were you?
However, Tinubu did not do anything to influence the actual election and that is not what he said - although I am sure you do understand what he was saying.
If Lagosians did not think Tinubu was right they would have gone with the People Deceiving People (PDP) candidate!!!

Your post was submitted earlier. I have just stated the bolded part.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 19, 2013
EKO oni BAJE cool

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by saintneo(m): 6:40am On Apr 19, 2013
Hey Eko-atlantic, you sound exactly like Akpabio.....I see no difference.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by saintneo(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2013
koruji: When Akpabio openly confessed to changing the name of za winner where were you?

don't be deceived by the mere filtration you receive. Let's be civil and avoid using insults and tribalism.

Tinubu is very influencing in the SW. A man that was able withstand the pressures of OBJs government, yet he produced results - BRT scheme, etc.

If a family eats amala & ewedu 24/7, with no experience of any food will believe that amala is the only food in the universe. And if this food is cooked by the same cook, is it not proper to say the cook has influenced the choice of food.

What am I driving at? What is my perspective? What is my insight? Humans are like herds, they tend to be influenced easily. If Tinubu and his protégés remain in this relay-marathon, Lagosians will never experience anything different for the many years to come.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoAtlantic: 7:05am On Apr 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: EKO oni BAJE cool

i see you man
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by ba7man(m): 7:08am On Apr 19, 2013
You don turn Nigerian finish. What are you still doing in Cameroon??
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoAtlantic: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2013
saintneo: Hey Eko-atlantic, you sound exactly like Akpabio.....I see no difference.

Remove your shades
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Temismith(f): 7:32am On Apr 19, 2013
Beeeni!
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Kolade9(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2013
FUFU nko? :/
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by omiobo: 8:14am On Apr 19, 2013
Kolade9:
gringringrin
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by PointB: 8:19am On Apr 19, 2013
So Tinubu made Fashola Governor? How about crediting the good people of Lagos?
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by dridowu: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2013
Eko oni Baje ooooooo
Ipinle Yoruba oni daru oooooo
Orilede Naijira oni parun ooooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Symphony007: 9:23am On Apr 19, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Haters beware
wow!! I see eko ile has had a fellow lap dog. You guys should form a fashola's lap dog association.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoAtlantic: 10:32am On Apr 19, 2013
Kolade9:

cheesy
Symphony007: wow!! I see eko ile has had a fellow lap dog. You guys should form a fashola's lap dog association.
Hater
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Onlyhandsome(m): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2013
how can i post a job advertisment here in d forum?? Pls help
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by NEROSKY(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
Corruption begins @home
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by marabout(m): 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
Success has a big family!
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by imsuboi(m): 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by kingingkinging: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
This is his greatest achievement because it was Fashola's success that brought 5 more governors, senators in Anambra, Benue, Ondo, etc.

Success with a good successor.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by lacasa: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
Tinubu, wise n calculating choice jare grin

How i wish Fashola is my own State governor i.e Kaduna state to be precise.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by gregg2: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ok, we hear you, Oga Tinubu.
Atleast your boy Fashola introduced street light to Nigeria.

But wait oh . . . is Tinubu admitting he rigged elections for Fashola?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by dejgan: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
Wondering why people are always critical of what is good....Eko Ile and Eko Atlantic are just stating the obvious. Like them or hate them, Tinubu/Fashola succession program is the best thing in this democracy since 1999. Even OBJ wished he had a Tinubu in PDP. They may not be perfect but if all the clueless PDP people are performing as half as they loot the treasury, we wont be here talking boko haram rubbish today. When we cry, we see!

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by neksummi(m): 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
Thumps up Fashola!
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by miqos02(m): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
how will he regret, when fashola is working for lagosians and for Oga at the top
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Goddex: 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
gregg2: Ok, we hear you, Oga Tinubu.
Atleast your boy Fashola introduced street light to Nigeria.

But wait oh . . . is Tinubu admitting he rigged elections for Fashola?

Fashola brought street light to Nigeria

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahhahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaHaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahhahahahavHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha . . .

can't stop laughing . . . my ribs!
When I saw that comment from one ACN peep, I was like, that guy
must come from the same village with Eko-Ile, Gbawe, Dayokanu,Kuroji,
Seanet, Demdem and co. I never beleived a Naija peep could be this timid.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by CyberG: 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
You know the folks east of the Niger will cry about the SW trying to create distractions while nothing is happening in their enclaves. AC, ACN and now a bigger APC while some people have been stuck on gear ONE since 2003. Their only governor was rail-roaded into position by their "leader" who polled a mere 3.3% in a national election! Wish APC success and more crying and whining from you folks.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoIle1: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ongoing Violence Between Nasarawa And Benue States / Just Got Back From Ibadan Yesterday And This Is What I Saw First Hand / ANAMBARIANS (not all though), Pls Stop Disgracing Ndigbo!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.