Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Any Different Between Ond & Nd? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Different Between Ond & Nd? (34964 Views)

Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt / Workforce Management Centre Massive Recruitment For OND & HND Graduates / Vacancy... Baker Hughes Is Recruiting OND Graduates.. Apply Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by spetem(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2008
Pls i want to know the different between OND and ND?

Wic one is More recognized or higher than each other?

I am confused!!!!!
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by TATPRESS(m): 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2008
Your question explanation is simply,

What is the difference between 6 and half of a dozen.

OND- Ordinary national diploma

ND- national diploma

4 Likes

Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by hisgrace2: 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2008
you no dey think? the difference is the "O".

2 Likes

Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by kubby: 9:31am On Apr 10, 2008
[color=#770077][/color]national diploma is acceptable throughout the nation and inter-nation while ordinary diploma is like a pre degree or pre nationa dat give u acces to further education.with ND U CAN DO hnd OR bsc BUT ORDINARY diploma can only be accepted for hnd or bsc after one year of nationality in school like nasarawa poly,spend a year then change ond to nd
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by chukz4real(m): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2008
kubby:

[color=#770077][/color]national diploma is acceptable throughout the nation and inter-nation while ordinary diploma is like a pre degree or pre nationa that give u acces to further education.with ND You CAN DO hnd OR bsc BUT ORDINARY diploma can only be accepted for hnd or bsc after one year of nationality in school like nasarawa poly,spend a year then change ond to nd

Are sure there are polytechnics where u are making this post from? Dude, there is no difference between OND and ND outside the fact that an "O" is missing from the "ND". Anyways, I'll definitely contact the law enforcement agencies to go after the miscreants that removed the "O".

@Poster
There's no difference between OND and ND (they simply means Ordinary National Diploma and National Diploma), the first one is full while the second one is merely in short of the letter "O". The question I suppose would have been: What is the difference between a polytechnic non accredited Diploma and that of OND or ND that is accredited by the NBTE. Well many polytechnics (if not all) in Nigeria runs their respective DIPLOMA programms for people with deficiencies in their O'Levels (maybe with a maximum of 4 passes). Its worthy to note that such self arranged Diploma awarded by these polytechnics are not recognised by employers.

However, the self awarded diplomas are still used in the Northern part of Nigeria mostly within their local government secretariat for lower jobs, and sometimes in their ministeries as very junior staffs. But don't be decieved further. A self awarded Diploma certificate from any Nigerian Polytechnic outside that of the well known OND certificate is like obtaining a certificate from a road side computer institute and hoping to work in shell along with computer scientists as a computer science graduate! shocked grin

5 Likes

Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by Biokidofficial: 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
Please I beg in the name of God o no shenking
I think it's right to ask what you don't know
Please an experienced person should encourage me about this today I went to fill my jamb form and due to the financial issues I didn't pic any University all I choose is tech cus I think I can afford that so I went to lesson today and our teacher said I should have choose lasu that is very cheep as well like poly but I don't know �� was thinking I now the wrong way but I want to ask if I study for like two years in poly can I further more in uni with my results rather ND or HND and land in 200 level please advise i take God beg���
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by zanjorrg(m): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
Biokidofficial:
Please an experienced person should encourage me about this today I went to fill my jamb form and due to the financial issues I didn't pic any University all I choose is tech cus I think I can afford that so I went to lesson today and our teacher said I should have choose lasu that is very cheep as well like poly but I don't know �� was thinking I now the wrong way but I want to ask if I study for like two years in poly can I further more in uni with my results rather ND or HND and land in 200 level please advise i take God beg���

I do not know much about Lasu, but if you are going to Poly, after two years, u will have OND certificate aka ND. With this you can take direct entry (DE) to 200 level in any Nigerian university... But I advise you to just determine to go to Unveristy at once...
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:16am On Jan 29, 2020
Biokidofficial:

Let me help a brother out.

OND is the same thing as ND. Ordinary National Diploma, most times, people shorten it to be National Diploma.

It's not bad if you have decided to start with OND and gradually move up the ladder, nothing wrong with it.

However, you must aim to finish with an upper credit at least to stand any chance of going for a Direct Entry into the university. Upper credit is from 3.0 to 3.49. While from 3.50 to 4.00 is Distinction.

If you are to move into the university with your OND, you would go straight to 200l in the university. But, with your HND, you would go directly to 300l.

After your OND, if you want to go in for your HND, you would have to do an industrial training for a year (compulsory) after which you can proceed for your HND which is also 2 years.

I hope this helps.
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by airminem(f): 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Let me help a brother out.

OND is the same thing as ND. Ordinary National Diploma, most times, people shorten it to be National Diploma.

It's not bad if you have decided to start with OND and gradually move up the ladder, nothing wrong with it.

However, you must aim to finish with an upper credit at least to stand any chance of going for a Direct Entry into the university. Upper credit is from 3.0 to 3.49. While from 3.50 to 4.00 is Distinction.

If you are to move into the university with your OND, you would go straight to 200l in the university. But, with your HND, you would go directly to 300l.

After your OND, if you want to go in for your HND, you would have to do an industrial training for a year (compulsory) after which you can proceed for your HND which is also 2 years.

I hope this helps.
YEAP
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2020
airminem:
YEAP

Are you in the same dilema?.......... By the way, I'm a big fan.
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by asunmon(m): 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
The difference is clear. National Diploma(ND) is accepted everywhere nationwide even internationally, while the Ordinary national diploma (OND) certificate is recognize only within the state of study mostly for the civil servant that just needs promotion most time the courses are not accredited by the regulatory body. This certificate is commonly awarded as a certificate course that can't earn you direct admission for HND.
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by airminem(f): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
#Endsars
CsRockefeller:

Are you in the same dilema?.......... By the way, I'm a big fan.
I believe it starts from here
Re: Any Different Between Ond & Nd? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:28am On Oct 15, 2020
airminem:
#Endsars I believe it starts from here

what starts from here?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Nigerian Graduate Who Shared CVs In UK Subway Now Hiring (Photo) / FIRS Recruitment: Breaking News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.