Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship (2379 Views)

American News Media Huffington Post-biafra Nationhood: Unfinished Decolonization / My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! / PHOTO: 1940 Mugshot Of 'criminal Lesbian' In USA, When Homosexuality Was A Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by delvinmaya(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
Dede1:

From the above post, it is safe to conclude the poster has written like a third grader who was fed with subliminal and feel-happy history of USA. USA’s so-called diversity is only real to a fool. USA is English nation and English culture and ways of life hold supreme.

Really? Am so ashamed. I didn't know. Like you said I have written like a third grader. That's why I refuse to banter words with you over the so called diversity. According to your logic then, its only the english culture that holds sway. I am so clapping for you sire. You amaze me. You truly do. You with your ivy college education.
Afam, yes its not about being from another country, but rather seeing if the culture of the place they reside has been adopted more or less by them. I agree with you on that. But does not change who they are. They would still identify themselves with their true nation. Just as Nigerians there will still claim Nigeria.
Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by Dede1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
delvinmaya:

Really? Am so ashamed. I didn't know. Like you said I have written like a third grader. That's why I refuse to banter words with you over the so called diversity. According to your logic then, its only the english culture that holds sway. I am so clapping for you sire. You amaze me. You truly do. You with your ivy college education.
Afam, yes its not about being from another country, but rather seeing if the culture of the place they reside has been adopted more or less by them. I agree with you on that. But does not change who they are. They would still identify themselves with their true nation. Just as Nigerians there will still claim Nigeria.

It is will amount to waste of my precious time to banter with a person who regurgitates every crap he\she hears from Radio or TV commentaries. I guess you would have cited UK as example of your deluded country of diversity.
Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by delvinmaya(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
Dede1:

It is will amount to waste of my precious time to banter with a person who regurgitates every crap he\she hears from Radio or TV commentaries. I guess you would have cited UK as example of your deluded country of diversity.

I think the delusional person here is you.
Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
Dede1:

From the above post, it is safe to conclude the poster has written like a third grader who was fed with subliminal and feel-happy history of USA. USA’s so-called diversity is only real to a fool. USA is English nation and English culture and ways of life hold supreme.

Dendemoron I feel your pain Imagine you share the same cesspit of a country with him
Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by Dede1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Dendemoron I feel your pain Imagine you share the same cesspit of a country with him

Dayolodo.

The deluded jackass would have sorted not-too-good clues from you who sojourned in one of those backwater areas of USA. It is good to know you are still breathing after the terrifying fertilizer factory explosion near Waco, TX.
Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by delvinmaya(m): 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
Dede1:

Dayolodo.

The deluded jackass would have sorted not-too-good clues from you who sojourned in one of those backwater areas of USA. It is good to know you are still breathing after the terrifying fertilizer factory explosion near Waco, TX.
Touchy one we got here. Tsk tsk tsk, pity that you had to keep moaning. Real touchy you are. But then, am used to the likes of you. Trust me on that. They are abound on this forum. @dayokanu, wanna pose a question to you jare.
Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by Eziachi: 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
thelastPope:

You are talking nonsense! Anybody can just come to a faceless forum and post nonsense and that is exactly what you are doing right now. You speak like there is a vacuum in life. You know absolutely jack about social systems. Go and read a good history book about the kingdoms of the world and the methamorphsis of societies.

Not every one will fall for this your cheap post. I have told you already, if you believe a war will solve it, start one, instead of whinning like a lady on a faceless forum and claiming you fought by the side of aldof hitler or napolean bonapat!

We are here to debate about Nigeria and collectively proffer solutions to either move it forward or bring it to a close. Not beat out lean cyber chest hanging on an anonymous moniker. You need some more social education. You sound bitter and petty! Shift go one side joor!

Like I said previously, I don't like people that tie others with same rope as they tend to tie themselves. Just because you're faceless in your opinion, doesn't mean everyone else is. I respects every opinion even when they varies from mine, but your attitude is to attack, insult, dismiss- unless someone agrees with your supposed superior opinion.
Just because you believe in Nigeria now that the person in charge is your favorite, doesn't mean every Igbo man wants the same thing.

Even any attempt to justify myself to you, is totally out of the question. What you want is a mirage united one Nigeria. What I want, which everyone on this forum that has been around for at least five years knew is the Biafra I sacrificed my innocence, plus 13 members of my immediate family and the all the physical and mental scars to show for it. Whether you believe me or not, maybe simply because it has bust your bubble of being a hero on a computer is the least of my concern.

Any day you are dreaming about your mirage of united one Nigeria just because an Ijaw man is in power, just ask the elders in your community, they will tell you that we're hardly adults, when we all went out to fight for the privilege of you to be able to talk today with dignity as an Igbo man.

This is my brief repeat my so-called faceless story:
Yes my brother, believe it or not, I was at young student of Bishop Shanahan College Orlu, when the war broke out, Yes I fought at Oguta, Ogoja and I was at Obudu the night the war ended, Yes i walked from Obudu to Orlu for 2 week to get home. Trekking in the night because it was safer from being caught and possibly executed by the victorious trigger happy Nigerian soldiers and sleep in the bush in the day.

Yes I had the privilege to be among some youth soldiers Caritas took abroad as refugees,in Sept 1970. ( I still have that copy my UN/refugee passport and never had Nigerian green passport until I became a British national in 1974).
Yes I studied Orthopaedic medicine, where I first met and later married the beautiful scottish girl, that is still my wife since till this day.

Worked at various the NHS hospitals in Scotland, Southampton, Kent and finally Kings College hospital London for more than 36 years before opening my own private practice along with my son and Swedish partners in Harley Street London.
Opened a private Orthopaedic hospital at Ikenegbu layout Owerri in 1981, sold it later IN 1984after the military coup to an old friend, a German trained surgeon from Mbieri and his German wife.
He was a colleague of mine in the Biafra 53 infantry brigade trained in Oron under Major Ephraim Henshaw, a school headmaster before the war, from James Town in the present Akwa Ibom state.

All these years, I have seen Igbo brothers like you, who get enthusiastic about one Nigeria. Its always difficult to talk to them, not until they exhaust their enthusiasm. This may be a simple online forum, but there is a lot you can learn, not particularly from me, but after reading about you calling me a faceless cheap poster, that I should go and read about social system etc- I had to chuckle-because that is the great thing about the internet. As you don't really know who is who. But just so kind that I am retired, so I have so much time on my hand now.

I wish you well with all your big plans for one Nigeria,we had seen it all before with the likes of Azikiwe and Ironsi's of this world.

1 Like

Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by Eziachi: 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
delvinmaya:
This has got to be the most stupid post ever in the history of forums. Do you really have to stoop so low to fabrications? Damn man. You need to get a grip and get a life.
And as much as most of you will argue that Nigeria is no nation, I laugh at you in Swahili. Truth is your arguments and thoughts don't go beyond this forum. Nigeria has been before you were born and will be after you are long gone. Only posterit can judge Nigeria, not your deluded fallacies. Funny thing is you all got monikers and hide behind it. The day Nairaland servers crashes, that's the day you lose your identities (hoping that in such eventuality, Seun will not have your details backed up). Deluded people. And for your information, the US is as diverse as Nigeria, when you talk about the homogeneous heterogeneous people living there. So shut your trap and ask what you can do for your country to make it great
I respect your opinion and I wished respect mine too. I hope you are right.
And hopefully we all live to see the fulfilment of your prophesy.
Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by Dibiachukwu: 12:04am On Apr 23, 2013
Nigeria must divide. The question is, how long and how brutal will the war be. As usual the people that would suffer the most, are people that do not live amongst themselves. Everything would be brought to a screeching halt. Even the hope of some foreign nations to come in and secure their investments would be futile. Everything mining would be either destroyed or infected. I pray to Chukwu to save my people from war. We all know who will loose the war. We all know which peoples would wish, they were better beggars. Kele CHUKWU.
Re: Lessons From The USA - When Nationhood Supercedes Partisanship by Eziachi: 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Nigeria must divide. The question is, how long and how brutal will the war be. As usual the people that would suffer the most, are people that do not live amongst themselves. Everything would be brought to a screeching halt. Even the hope of some foreign nations to come in and secure their investments would be futile. Everything mining would be either destroyed or infected. I pray to Chukwu to save my people from war. We all know who will loose the war. We all know which peoples would wish, they were better beggars. Kele CHUKWU.

If anyone is honest with oneself, you don't need to be brilliant to know why Nigeria was doomed from day. Like a leaking roof, each new part of roofing introduced brings a new hope, until it rust and become brown like the rest and then back to square one.

What is keeping one Nigeria is the use of the greatest weapon to man-FEAR. The northern elite, so drunk and obsessed with the southern oil, along with their southern collaborators had used weapon of fear of the unknown to keep Nigeria going just for their benefit alone.

I honestly believe that the biggest casualty of one Nigeria is the northern masses. Used by their crooked elite to keep power for years without anything for them to show for it.
Suppressed their God's given agro based economy that can feed the world if well developed because of the easy oil money of invest at 12pm and bank it at 1pm. An agro economy that will employ millions of both their educated and the unlettered, unlike oil based economy that employs few handful skilful people, mostly foreigners.

All it will take one day is a Moses, among them to open their eyes. But it may never happen as the northern elite last wish is to be isolated with their own people with no southerners around again, especially Igbo as their political bait.
And then their people will start to ask them SOME SERIOUS questions and with their violent dispositions, the likes of Babangida will either stay to die or run into exile. Hence they need the south, as long as there is North vs South to divert attention, their masses will never realised how they've been used.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

History Of Aisha Buhari ( Buhari's Wife) / Bricklayers Display Unusual love to General Buhari at UITH (photos) / Official Breakdown Of Votes In Each States- INEC (UPDATING!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.