₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,135,409 members, 4,634,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 01:39 AM

Canadian Visa Experts is a scam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Visa Experts is a scam (69053 Views)

Turkish Visa Experts Needed / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Dubai Visa Experts: 48hrs Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by yinkavelli(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
hello lovely people of nairaland, i am very concerned about a Canadian immigration website i visited 6months ago in regards to getting a work visa there....this is the site Canadian Visa Expert tho i applied a long time ago, i had forgotten about it when all of a sudden they just started bombarding me with calls this past week, asking me questions ranging from my educational, work back ground and how much i earn presently. i tot all was well until it got to a point when they stared to ask me for my MasterCard details, for an assessment fee of more than $600 which they said will be deducted from my atm. anytime the funds gets there. i don't mean to sound paranoid but it sounded dodgy to me, i guess this is maybe asper sharp naija boy. well, i asked my bank to block my ATM till i can ascertain the authenticity of this company or website...please nairalanders, i need your comments flowing in as reasonable, rational and responsible also helpful comments about them will be immeasurably appreciated. God bless the works of our hands, and may our good dreams come true. Yinkavelli undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by omega25red(m): 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
I personally don't know how people get visas in Nigeria but i think if an agency is claiming to be an accredited visa agency their information will be registered with the Canadian embassy. so, to check their credentials start with the Canadian embassy.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by Chinwem(f): 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
$600 for an assessment??!? Then how much for the visa itself?!?
Use your head o!
If it looks like a fish, smells like a fish.....then it's a fish (scam)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by ifegy: 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
It's a scam. Have a look at this site:
http://www.scambook.com/company/view/98638/Canadian-Visa-Expert

Quote from the above site:

"Canadian Visa Expert Summary
This Canadian Visa Expert page was created on Dec 09, 2012. Since then the page has accumulated 15 consumer complaints. On average users reported $323.00 of damages. Scambook's investigation team reached out to this company a total of 2 times, Scambook Investigators last contacted them on Feb 05, 2013.
Company InformationAddress: 70 East Beaver Creek Road, Suite 201
Richmond Hill ON L4B 3B2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
yinkavelli: hello lovely people of nairaland, i am very concerned about a Canadian immigration website i visited 6months ago in regards to getting a work visa there....this is the site DELETED tho i applied a long time ago, i had forgotten about it when all of a sudden they just started bombarding me with calls this past week, asking me questions ranging from my educational, work back ground and how much i earn presently. i tot all was well until it got to a point when they stared to ask me for my MasterCard details, for an assessment fee of more than $600 which they said will be deducted from my atm. anytime the funds gets there. i don't mean to sound paranoid but it sounded dodgy to me, i guess this is maybe asper sharp naija boy. well, i asked my bank to block my ATM till i can ascertain the authenticity of this company or website...please nairalanders, i need your comments flowing in as reasonable, rational and responsible also helpful comments about them will be immeasurably appreciated. God bless the works of our hands, and may our good dreams come true. Yinkavelli undecided

They are real but the question is...do u need them.
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
ferdimako:

They are real but the question is...do u need them.

How do you know that?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by yinkavelli(m): 10:24pm On May 14, 2013
Chinwem: $600 for an assessment??!? Then how much for the visa itself?!?
Use your head o!
If it looks like a fish, smells like a fish.....then it's a fish (scam)

i get your drift. to your question, i was told the actual visa would cost 3000dolls...babe? how far? e make sense?
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by yinkavelli(m): 10:40pm On May 14, 2013
ifegy: It's a scam. Have a look at this site:
http://www.scambook.com/company/view/98638/Canadian-Visa-Expert

Quote from the above site:

"Canadian Visa Expert Summary
This Canadian Visa Expert page was created on Dec 09, 2012. Since then the page has accumulated 15 consumer complaints. On average users reported $323.00 of damages. Scambook's investigation team reached out to this company a total of 2 times, Scambook Investigators last contacted them on Feb 05, 2013.
Company InformationAddress: 70 East Beaver Creek Road, Suite 201
Richmond Hill ON L4B 3B2

nice one pal..your addition here is soooo valuable. i checked...my trust in them has dwindled massively.
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by oyewoleIshola: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hello house can any one give us a genuine and authentic report/ assessement or comfirmation about canadan visa expert if the agency is genuine or scammer
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 06, 2013
oyewole Ishola: Hello house can any one give us a genuine and authentic report/ assessement or comfirmation about canadan visa expert if the agency is genuine or scammer

It is tricky. An immigration agency may be operating from Canada and scam you while NOT breaking any Canadian law. A lot of those agencies prey on desperate people and are ready to charge exorbitant fee for a service you could easily do for yourself.

For instance, they may advertise that they can help you obtain permanent resident status in Canada and ask you to send $1000 for assessment and fill a questionnaire. There is nothing wrong with that under the law.

However, after you have send the money and have answered their questionnaire, this is when they would tell you that you don't qualify for permanent residence in Canada (under family class neither under the skill program). In other words, you have paid them $1000 for them to tell you that you don't qualify for permanent residence in Canada whereas you could have found that out by yourself if you did visit the Canadian immigration website.

My advise would be to deal directly with the Canadian embassy if you need information on how to move the Canada. All the applications are ONLINE and you can do it by yourself. Even better, you may post your questions on Nairaland where the community would assist you.

If you choose to deal with an agency, chances are you will be throwing your money through the window. Good luck.

Thanks,

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by Greatken007(m): 4:26am On Aug 07, 2013
the money is available bt hw do i go about my admission seeking and visa in canada
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by ifegy: 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
Greatken007: the money is available bt hw do i go about my admission seeking and visa in canada

Check this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
Greatken007: the money is available bt hw do i go about my admission seeking and visa in canada

You may immigrate to Canada under any of the following categories:

• Federal skilled workers
• Federal Skilled Trades Program
• Quebec-selected skilled workers
• Canadian Experience Class
• Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed
• Family sponsorship
• Provincial nominees
• Live-in caregivers
• Refugees

Do your homework by visiting the following website to determine if you do qualify to immigrate under any category.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

According to the Canadian Immigration Webstite, when immigrating to Canada, you don’t have to use an immigration representative to represent you. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/index.asp

Don't be a victim of Fraud. If you need further help, you may post your questions on Nairaland and the community on here would be more than happy to assist you.
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by santafe(m): 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
I used an immigration consultant in Sept 2009 and was defrauded to the. Tune of 2500usd. Since then, I vowed I would never use a consultant again. I decided to do personal research and I got a lot of useful inf. From cic.gc.ca the official website of the Canadian govt.I filed my application myself under FSW in March 2010 and I got my immigrant visa in september 2012. Left Naija with my family in Dec and the rest is history. A lot of folks do not want to spend quality time in research and are not organised that is why they fall into the hand of false immigration agent.
Also go to canadavisa.com and register with the forum. You will get everything u need to process your visa. Even the so called visa agents come to these forums to get info.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by odetganda: 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
3hours ago a certain samantha from canadianvisa expert called me for pre assessment for canada immigration..working in canada is one of my dream so i entertain the call..shes asking my educational background,present job,monthly income etc...i give her all the details she needs until she ask my account status..according to her just to check if i can pay the assessment thru my atm.i hesitate at first but she tried to convince me it will not affect anything ..shes asking for the 6 digits of my card number just to check if my account is localized or international according to her..so i entrust her my 6 out of 16 digits and right away she check and tell me my bank name..then she told me they dnt have access on my bank coz its local base..she send me an email where can i send my payment.its their bank account and asking to pay $425 for the package of the assessment..after the call.curiousity knocks me to browse their agency and i read one of the statement of your follower telling this canadianvisaexpert is a SCAM!!!!!huhuhu...im afraid now coz ive given this 6digits of my card number..i dnt have any cash on my atm at the moment coz my salary is still on next week..what should i do?need some piece of advice please......
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by ifegy: 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
odetganda: 3hours ago a certain samantha from canadianvisa expert called me for pre assessment for canada immigration..working in canada is one of my dream so i entertain the call..shes asking my educational background,present job,monthly income etc...i give her all the details she needs until she ask my account status..according to her just to check if i can pay the assessment thru my atm.i hesitate at first but she tried to convince me it will not affect anything ..shes asking for the 6 digits of my card number just to check if my account is localized or international according to her..so i entrust her my 6 out of 16 digits and right away she check and tell me my bank name..then she told me they dnt have access on my bank coz its local base..she send me an email where can i send my payment.its their bank account and asking to pay $425 for the package of the assessment..after the call.curiousity knocks me to browse their agency and i read one of the statement of your follower telling this canadianvisaexpert is a SCAM!!!!!huhuhu...im afraid now coz ive given this 6digits of my card number..i dnt have any cash on my atm at the moment coz my salary is still on next week..what should i do?need some piece of advice please......

Well, you didn't give her all the digits so it's unlikely she can take money out. The first 6 digits are specific to the bank, not your personal account. You can ask your bank if they provide a service whereby they can 'stop payment' if that particular agency tries to take money out. And remember: never, never, never give out your account or credit card or identity details on the phone if someone calls, or online if you get an email supposedly from your financial institution. Always go back to your financial institution to ask if they really did call or email you. And if it's some random person calling, like Samantha, just hang up and move on.
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by twaintoy(f): 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
Please, who have heard or knows Jonathan King Limited? I filled a form for me and my fiance today for canadian immigration. I just want to know if they are real? And how migration to canada work. Reponses would be appreciated, i don't want to fall any victim of scam and dis is my first attempt of migrating. Suggestions and advices please. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by justwise(m): 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
twaintoy: Please, who have heard or knows Jonathan King Limited? I filled a form for me and my fiance today for canadian immigration. I just want to know if they are real? And how migration to canada work. Reponses would be appreciated, i don't want to fall any victim of scam and dis is my first attempt of migrating. Suggestions and advices please. Thanks.

Don't waste your time and money on those people, you are about to be added to the list of victims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by twaintoy(f): 3:28am On Sep 26, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Don't waste your time and money on those people, you are about to be added to the list of victims.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by Hibabashar: 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hello every one

I have the same problem with some diff. Details I registered with the canadian visa experts website and they also called me and ask me the same questions then she took my atm number and she ask me to pay 1147 $ I told her that I can cover that amount with in two days but after that my freind advice me and told me this web site may be fake so I did not cover the amount during this period so they called me again and ask me to send the money and after that they send me email with warnning as bellow :
(During the telephone conversation, which was legally recorded for your protection and for our protection, our agent read you a transaction script, asked you several questions and you responded that you agreed to everything, including paying for our services 1147$ .

Please note, this balance is a legal debt owed by you to our company.

As our valued customer, we are willing to work with you to try to make it as easy as possible for you to pay off your balance. Therefore, I would like you to respond to this email within the next 10 business days and provide me with the best day, time and phone number for me to contact you so we may reach a mutually-satisfactory solution to this matter.

If I do not hear from you within the next 10 business days, I will have to turn this over to our legal department for further action. )

So please can you tell me if this true or not and if those people have legal right to take a legal action against me or not and how can I behave with them

Thanks for your advice
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by justwise(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hibabashar: Hello every one

I have the same problem with some diff. Details I registered with the canadian visa experts website and they also called me and ask me the same questions then she took my atm number and she ask me to pay 1147 $ I told her that I can cover that amount with in two days but after that my freind advice me and told me this web site may be fake so I did not cover the amount during this period so they called me again and ask me to send the money and after that they send me email with warnning as bellow :
(During the telephone conversation, which was legally recorded for your protection and for our protection, our agent read you a transaction script, asked you several questions and you responded that you agreed to everything, including paying for our services 1147$ .

Please note, this balance is a legal debt owed by you to our company.

As our valued customer, we are willing to work with you to try to make it as easy as possible for you to pay off your balance. Therefore, I would like you to respond to this email within the next 10 business days and provide me with the best day, time and phone number for me to contact you so we may reach a mutually-satisfactory solution to this matter.

If I do not hear from you within the next 10 business days, I will have to turn this over to our legal department for further action. )

So please can you tell me if this true or not and if those people have legal right to take a legal action against me or not and how can I behave with them

Thanks for your advice

If they call you again tell them to go to hell, they are fraudsters, don't give them a penny, listen...there is absolutely nothing they can do to you, don't fall for cheap empty intimidation.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
justwise:

If they call you again tell them to go to hell, they are fraudster, don't give them a penny, listen...there is absolutely nothing they can do to you, don't fall for cheap empty intimidation.

I concur

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by LadyAp: 3:06am On Dec 26, 2013
Hello , i just want to check about visa canadian expert , forcing me to pay the remaining balance or else they will send it to legal action , its that true? Or just a scam . I already paid 100usd .. I never thought it was like that .. What should i do . Pls help .
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by LadyAp: 3:47am On Dec 26, 2013
Its me again , after they took 100 in my account they send me some CD to study french ..
Then they keep on calling and started to commmunicate with because im scared of what she said , because i really dont know that this is scam after i read this messages here. I got the same messages with hibabashar , and same adress beaver hill , like that .. And i message them
That this is scam .. Should i just ignore them ?? Please help
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by ifegy: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
It's a scam. They can't do anything to you. They can't take you to court, and they know it. They're hoping you don't know, and that they can intimidate you into paying more money. If they call back, tell them you've found out they're a scam and will report them to the appropriate Canadian Immigration authorities if they don't leave you alone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by LadyAp: 1:19am On Dec 27, 2013
Thanks for your help , I really apreciated that .. i cannot believe that .. I did message them that i found out that it is scam . And i told them that im going to report them .. Thank u
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by ifegy: 2:42am On Dec 27, 2013
No worries
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by justwise(m): 7:17am On Dec 27, 2013
ifegy: It's a scam. They can't do anything to you. They can't take you to court, and they know it. They're hoping you don't know, and that they can intimidate you into paying more money. If they call back, tell them you've found out they're a scam and will report them to the appropriate Canadian Immigration authorities if they don't leave you alone.

Well said!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by DJDOLA(m): 8:29am On Dec 27, 2013
LadyAp: Its me again , after they took 100 in my account they send me some CD to study french ..
Then they keep on calling and started to commmunicate with because im scared of what she said , because i really dont know that this is scam after i read this messages here. I got the same messages with hibabashar , and same adress beaver hill , like that .. And i message them
That this is scam .. Should i just ignore them ?? Please help
imagine
Re: Canadian Visa Experts is a scam by mytestimony21: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2015
Am glad to stumble on this thread. I was going to be a victim. Now I know better

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traveling To Mexico General Enquiries / Is Ojodu-Berger Bus Stop Toilet The Most Sophisticated Public Toilet In Nigeria? / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.