Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Just Bought A Rover 75,...i Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Just Bought A Rover 75,...i Need Help (763 Views)

Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 / Overheating In Rover 75 V6 2.5 Liter Engine / How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Bought A Rover 75,...i Need Help by mrtobismart(m): 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
i need help, i just bought a Rover 75 from a close friend, according to the papers i have with me (original) he bought from a first owner in france, shipped to nigeria to give to his legally married wife as a gift, but one thing led to another and he changed his mind even before the wife could even set her eyes on the car. (long story which i am well aware off), so he decided to sell off and travel back and i offered to buy. It's a 2000 model diesel engine, 80,000km,it works fine and my fiance is really enjoying it. i joined nairaland 3hours ago and started seeing threads on the same car and it has prompted me to read every available document on K-series engine on the internet and also ask questions. a friend has told me to double the gasket and change the thermostat, another has told me to look for a seller before it starts giving me issues becos the issues are inevitable, another has told me to change to 3 series BMW engine and i have refused to be confused but i still need help.
Re: Just Bought A Rover 75,...i Need Help by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 20, 2013
What help do you need?
Re: Just Bought A Rover 75,...i Need Help by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 20, 2013
@ OP: You must have read my write-ups on the Rover K-series engine issues. However, these issues only relate to the petrol engines. Your 2,0 diesel engine is no other than BMW's excellent common rail direct injection turbo diesel.

You're in good hands, enjoy!
Re: Just Bought A Rover 75,...i Need Help by mrtobismart(m): 10:24am On Apr 20, 2013
@siena, *breathes a sigh of reileve* God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

ACURA MDX '02 Goes Of when I Apply Break / Where Can I Get A Synthetic 15w-40 Engine Oil In Lagos / When R2 Million Burns Behind You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.