Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? (1084 Views)

Is Christianity A Fraud? / Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? by damosky12(m): 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father but by me" - John 14:6

A lot of folks believe Christianity is one of those religions through which anyone can contact God. Now, I tell them categorically through this medium that Christianity is not a religion but the "only" way to God. In fact, it is God's way. Perhaps, growing up, you were brought up to believe christianity is one of the religions we have, you have seen it in books, in movies etc but I tell you now that "this is one of the lies through which the devil blinds the hearts and minds of these people so that they will remain ignorant and ultimately perish without ever getting to know God and have Him fellowship with them.
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" -1Corinthians 4:4. In the text scripture, Jesus said: "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH..... NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME". Superb! I want you to know this is not a make-believe neither is it a scam what so ever. NO! It is the truth reserved by destiny for you.

Christianity is not about attending church services neither is it about trying to call reach God for help. CHRISTIANITY IS EXCHANGING THE HUMAN NATURE FOR THE GOD NATURE. This is more than a religion! 1cor 5:17 says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are past away; behold, all things are become new". Whao! The bible uses the phrase "a new creature".

Chaaii!! what do you think the bible meant by that?? Do you think the bible was just talking. No! God means it!! "A NEW CREATURE", that is "A NEW TYPE OF MAN". When anyone recieves Christ Jesus, he exchanges his kind of life for the God -kind of life. Folks, this is more than religion. It is a life

1Corinthians 15:45-49 says: 45. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit 46. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual 47. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly such are they also that are heavenly"

Whao! According to the portion above, there are two types of Adam, the first Adam was the real Adam (that was the first man who sinned in the garden) and the Last Adam which is Jesus Christ. The bible says: the first Adam was just a living being while the last Adam (Jesus) is a Spirit. Verse 47 says the first Adam was eartly and the second Adam was from heaven then 48 says As the earthy (Adam), such are they that are earthy (not bornagain) and as the heavenly (Jesus), such are they that are heavenly (born-again)!!!!!!!. Whao!!!!!!! This is more than a religion, it is the recreation of life. So being born-again means being recreated, born-a-new , bearing the image of Jesus. The normal human (the non-bornagain) being is from Adam (who is a sinner, struggler and a slave) and therefore He(the non-bornagain) is just like that Adam a struggler, sinner and a slave.
It takes being bornagain (born in the image of Jesus) to be free from the bondage of the first Adam.

Jesus was righteous, rich and stupendously blessed. So are those who becomes bornagain. No wonder the bornagain man in the bible said ".....because as He (Jesus) is, so are we in this world" -1John 4:17.

Friends, religion is man's idea but Christianity was God's idea Himself "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGGOTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE". Look, if you are not bornagain, you are simply as Adam was. Just living etc. A man from Adam can be killed by the devil anytime he wills but a man from Jesus has eternal life. A life beyond the devil (John 10:10), . The man from Adam is a sinner but a man from Jesus automaticaly subtitutes his righteousness for Jesus'. He has the gift of righteousness. ROMANS 5:17.

My friends, if you have read this, Jesus is simply telling you to break yourself loose from the nature of Adam. "He said "come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest"-MATT 11:28. An unregenaratd man is bound to struggle no matter what level he belongs or how rich he thinks he is because of the image of the first Adam he bears. Come to Jesus, he wants your freedom. He is aware of your struggles, He wants to regenarate you into his own image and likeness. If you are ready to accept him confess this with all your heart

lord Jesus, I recieve you into my heart, I accept you as my Lord and saviour. I declear you as the lord of my life, the saviour of my sould. I declear that greater is He that now in me than he thats in the world.

1 Like

Re: The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? by damosky12(m): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
Your comments and questions (based on and outside this topic) please post them.
Re: The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? by damosky12(m): 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
I tolerate all kind of questions, constructive crititism and correction on this thread. Please let them come.
Re: The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? by Mesopotamia(f): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
damosky12: I tolerate all kind of questions, constructive crititism and correction on this thread. Please let them come.
Re: The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? by UyiIredia(m): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
I suspect you're from Christ's Embassy since I've come across Pastor Chris stating that clichè in a message I saw on MITV.

Comment: I catch the drift. Truth be told it involves toying around the definition of religion and I intently did it and stated I was doing it when calling Atheism a religion. Given a strict definition of religion, Christianity is a religion and atheism surely isn't. Given elements of dogma, ceremonies, sacred or wholly respected writing etc even certain aspects of science, art etc are religious. I think saying that Christianity is not a religion is to counteract the growing association of religion with undesirables eg blind followership, bland rituals, followership etc. I can agree with it in the sense I agree with the 'There's no bias in science' statement.
Re: The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? by damosky12(m): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I suspect you're from Christ's Embassy since I've come across Pastor Chris stating that clichè in a message I saw on MITV.

Comment: I catch the drift. Truth be told it involves toying around the definition of religion and I intently did it and stated I was doing it when calling Atheism a religion. Given a strict definition of religion, Christianity is a religion and atheism surely isn't. Given elements of dogma, ceremonies, sacred or wholly respected writing etc even certain aspects of science, art etc are religious. I think saying that Christianity is not a religion is to counteract the growing association of religion with undesirables eg blind followership, bland rituals, followership etc. I can agree with it in the sense I agree with the 'There's no bias in science' statement.
Please, read the post.
Re: The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? by UyiIredia(m): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
^^^ . . . and reply in 'Christianese' (ie the manner in which Christains_especially of the Pentecostal sect_speak) >>> I think not >>> As I said >>> I get (and quite agree with) what you are saying but it runs against a strict definition of religion which DEFINITELY includes Christianity >>> In fact >>> your post cements this >>> You believe in a deity >>> You quote from a text you hold to be holy >>> You require people who want this new nature to (most likely compulsorily and in all honesty) request for such in the form of a prayer.

(1) (Reply)

Shameless Pastor Murders Harmless Snake In Idemilli / ... / How Can I Have Evil Spirits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.