Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,495 members, 7,781,482 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:19 PM

136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row (23283 Views)

Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane / Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release / Can Nigerian Deportee From Usa(overstayed Visa) Apply For Canada Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

@Kobojunkie,

Mr CAPITAL PUNISHMENT . . . .
I still havent put u to the sword properly . . . .
In all honesty, i feel you are just a sadist fot championing death penalty for anyone.
How do u justify the killing of a man by killing another one?
Lets face it. . . . You don't have a clue, do ya?

Look, if you have to label me the bad guy so you can be happier with yourself, I am cool. I do not need you to be accepting of my opinion for me to live and thrive. I stand where I stand on issues and if you do not like it, I am sorry, I can not help you there cause I am not you and so can not think like you do.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

@ D-reloaded,

This is hilarious. . . . But where would u want deportees to be? In a bloody canoe?

They should have special planes for them, Jackal

I hear Iberia has terrible molue-ish planes. Let them ride on that.  grin

There's no way you can tell me that if you heard someone go on and on about death for an entire flight of 8 hrs, you wouldnt be ticked off at botgh the person and the damn airline for allowing such noise to take place. Children sef, I expect something to be done if I hear them cryiong for more than 25 mins. Shio

Furthermore, The Nigerian geezer that was bounced out for complaining musta gone over the top.

If there's proof stating that jhe made a ruckus ie screaming at the odfficers or trying to get physical in the situation. I'd be the first to say he deserved it. However if it was just merely concern over the fact that the noise of the detainee was persistant, then I have a problem

The Nigerian deportee was just making a scene. . . .

I understand that, typical Naija way. However I just don't find it fair that people should be forced to deal with that. Paying customers are entitled to epace and quiet. Is that really too much to ask for

Infact they should have sedated the bastard after the first 10 mins of the whining. Gosh afterall isnt that better than having to deal with noise for hrs on end. That shouldnt be hard to understand.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by abbeyart: 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2008
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You complain about things not being right according to YOU in NY where you live and I ask you to move to free your mind. I myself have moved around a lot myself. I moved from Delaware to NY to Alabama to Georgia and so many places until I ended up here. My move has been for me to find a place where I can best fit in and thrive and I suggest you consider that instead of sitting down in the same place and blaming government and everyone else for your misery. There is so much world out there that there is no excuse for you to remain living a miserable existence in anyplace at all. If your state is not thriving, move out to the other states where the economy there happens to be booming even NOW.

Where did I say that? and as for the rest of that sermon, um I fail to see how any of that has anything to do with the situation at hand? who said anything about moving or what not. I'm talking about how things are done on planes and you are saying a whole lot of garbage about changing states and other rubbish. What concerns where I live or Ny with Briotish Airways? My friend. Go take a nap and if you like re-read what I wrote and next time try to make sense

Thanks.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Where did I say that? and as for the rest of that sermon, um I fail to see how any of that has anything to do with the situation at hand? who said anything about moving or what not. I'm talking about how things are done on planes and you are saying a whole lot of garbage about changing states and other rubbish. What concerns where I live or Ny with Briotish Airways? My friend. Go take a nap and if you like re-read what I wrote and next time try to make sense

Thanks.

Look, fact remains, you have to make a point but have succeeded in going on and on about nothings. When addressed, you feel the need to attack. Regardless of how you want to slice and dice it. What happened happened as it should did and should have been worse if the book was to be thrown on the man who felt it was his place to ACT AS SAVIOUR when the law is clearly against such acts.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Kobojunkie,

Label u the bad guy? Thats a bit charitable.
What if i say u are a sadist? Please don't preach morals here. . . . U can take that to the church.
Blimey, u shoulda kept ur opinion to urself rather than come to a forum to misinform the public.

@ D-reloaded,

Illegal immigrants are not necessarily criminals. . . . .
Why should they ride on a molue-ish aircrafts. . . . Just because they don't have papers?
Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyum, why do all American-residents lack human feelings?
Some of these illegal immigrants are happy to go back to their country of origin. . . . so not all of em make noise n cause ruckus.
It is only some minority few that loves the James Bond drama. . . . .I go die(the same geezer that didnt die hunting grasscutters in Nigeria). grin
Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze, it's a facade.

Paying customers have the right to some peace and tranquility but i wouldn't be doing a macho man if i was on board.
People should sometimes mind their business. . . . Mr Omotunde got too emotional and wanted to prove he knows too much.
I would bet me life if Mr Omotunde woulda complained if the immigrant was Indian or Iraqi.
Lets call a spade a spade. . . . .Nigerians love drama and that schitzo makes me skin creep.
Sedate the dude? Honestly, i need to teach u the basic fundamentals of the Human Rights.
Your government is doing a pathetic job telling u what it really entails. tongue tongue tongue
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Kobojunkie,

Label u the bad guy? Thats a bit charitable.
What if i say u are a sadist? Please don't preach morals here. . . . You can take that to the church.
Blimey, u shoulda kept your opinion to yourself rather than come to a forum to misinform the public.

Ok Jackal, I am done with the Airline issue. Now to you. Why are you having a hard time rapping your mind around the fact that I happen to believe Capital punishment should not be banned?? Is there some place where it is written that all those who do are evil and so should not preach morals?? I don't get it. This is an open forum where everyone can come in to post opinions. Why do you believe I should not be allowed to air my opinion just as you can?? Cause I do not see capital punishment as you do?? Are you seriously sure the problem here is me and not you
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by CityBoy: 8:09pm On Apr 14, 2008
I have read this post and comments with keen interest. @Elosela,you are a very intellegent woman(drop us a line when next you in London and we should do coffee, Nigeria needs people like you). I am very surprised Mr Omotade is a British citizen(I wonder how he got that status) as the very first lesson of BRIT101 is that never interfere with police business. I have been on several trains, planes and buses where the police have had to enforce an arrest/deportation and have never for once seen the civil population try to interfere. If we have no respect for the laws of our own country, we cant blame the Brits for enforcing their own laws. Although I am yet to hear BA's side, I am 99% confident that no UK policeman would arrest a person for just saying "please dont kill him"(UK police wey dey give illegal immigrant cab money to go report himself for Home Office Lol!).

Nigerians, if we continue thinking the way some of us do, no one is ever going to take us serious! Maybe Mr Omotade wan show off to him fellow Naija say im be Britico.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2008
sharrap jare.  tongue

Paying customers have the right to some peace and tranquility but i wouldn't be doing a macho man if i was on board.

I assure you if the crying persisted after an hr, someone else would have spoken up and you've yet to say that you would have been fine with someone whining like a shot dog for 8 hrs

and what exactly is wrong with sedation? If said person wants to be disruptive, sedate them and have 'em wake up in Murtala. What's the problem? I say either sdeate or get a different plane for them. Simple. Im sure most of the people on that craft didnt pay to be entertained by Monsieur CryBaby.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by EloSela(f): 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2008
@D-Loaded aka Ms. Gibberish

You read ALL. Stop trying to front! . . .LOL!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2008
Oh look. The arrival of more ass licking wannabe Brits. Big surprise there!   grin

What happened happened as it should did and should have been worse if the book was to be thrown on the man who felt it was his place to ACT AS SAVIOUR when the law is clearly against such acts.

Riight. Why didnt they book him then. Why didnt he pay a fine? Why isnt he in court? After all he went against the "law" and all. Abi? Why not lock him up and throw away the key if he truly broke the law?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2008
Elo-Sela

Until you are ready to tell me why I wrote "Ny" in the original post and not "United States" since you claim that's what I meant I'd rather you not bother me.

Thanks. wink
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Oh look. The arrival of more ass licking wannabe Brits. Big surprise there!   grin
Riight. Why didnt they book him then. Why didnt he pay a fine? Why isnt he in court? After all he went against the "law" and all. Abi? Why not lock him up and throw away the key if he truly broke the law?

If you are not sure if he broke the law, look it up instead of continuing this baseless debating of yours. What he did was not right. He could have easily be slammed with obstruction charges and slammed for it. He was fined. I believe the article states that. He was asked to appear in court, even. Did you read the article??

The passengers were booked on to later flights but Mr Omotade was told by BA staff he was banned by the airline for life.

English-born Mr Omotade, married with a daughter aged four, was handcuffed and kept in police custody for eight hours after his arrest. He has not been charged and is seeking an apology from BA.

He was travelling from Heathrow’s Terminal 4 to Lagos for his brother’s marriage and had in his luggage the groom’s wedding ring, shirt and suit. He missed the ceremony.

He told the Mirror: “There were agonising noises from an individual being restrained. It went on for 20 minutes.

“I pleaded with the officers and my exact words were, ‘Please don’t kill him.’

“I was not swearing or threatening. BA staff said the officers were doing their jobs and nothing was going to happen. When he was removed we thought it was the end of the matter.

“But police officers came back and I was handcuffed and dragged off the plane.”

He claims his luggage has been lost and £1,600 cash he had for relatives has been taken and not returned.

Scotland Yard confirmed: “A man was arrested for affray and causing a disturbance and was bailed.”

Ba said: “Police were called to the BA75 service to Lagos on March 27 after a large number of passengers became disruptive.

Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by EloSela(f): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2008
@City Boy

Hey na waO, Tenks sha! I am well chuffed grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

If you are not sure if he broke the law, look it up instead of continuing this baseless debating of yours. What he did was not right. He could have easily be slammed with obstruction charges and slammed for it. He was fined. I believe the article states that. He was asked to appear in court, even. Did you read the article??

he's going to court because he's protesting how he was treated

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why he wasnt kept in the slammer.

He was NOT charged. He was later on bailed. Why? He "broke" the law and "interfered" with police business right? They should have charged him, dont you think?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why he wasnt kept in the slammer

Because the system allows for you to roam free until your court date. Call the police department to ask them of these things please. I find it hard to believe that someone who lives in the United states is asking me these questions. I thought everyone knew you could be charged with a crime and still be allowed to roam until your court date and all,
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Kobojunkie,

I just can't phatom out why an individual or a group of individuals can justify the killing of a man by killing anutha man!!!!
Capital punishment shoulda been abolished in the States. . . . Knowing it normally takes u peops a millennium to change your evil ways, lets hope y'all would stop by year 3000.

I have no problem with u airing your opinion. . . .However, this is a public forum where there are no age restrictions.
It means children could be reading your heap of prattle and thinking u are right. . . .
In other words, keep your evil opinion to yourself.

@ D-reloaded,

The poor lad was crying out because he knows people would afford him the attention.
If he'd cried with no one paying attention, he would keep quiet after a while.
I mean. . . . . .some Nigerians cannot even try this fuckery in Lagos and yet they come here and take the piss!!!!

As per Mr Omotunde, i am sure he woulda been cautioned or taken to court to pay some dough to HRM!!
People dont mess about with police business here. . . . .Just move on and let em do their job.
If they go over the top, there are 2 million CCTVs watching their asses and they wld be brought to book.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Because the system allows for you to roam free until your court date. Call the police department to ask them of these things please. I find it hard to believe that someone who lives in the United states is asking me these questions. I thought everyone knew you could be charged with a crime and still be allowed to roam until your court date and all,

Dude are you lucid?

Didnt you just post the article that specifically says he wasnt charged?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

The poor lad was crying out because he knows people would afford him the attention.
If he'd cried with no one paying attention, he would keep quiet after a while.

I see what you are saying obviously. My question is how are you so sure this "after a while" wouldnt have been 6 hrs? How long should passengers have to wait for such jackasses to be quiet?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Kobojunkie,

I just can't phatom out why an individual or a group of individuals can justify the killing of a man by killing anutha man!!!!
Capital punishment shoulda been abolished in the States. . . . Knowing it normally takes u peops a millennium to change your evil ways, lets hope y'all would stop by year 3000.

I have no problem with u airing your opinion. . . .However, this is a public forum where there are no age restrictions.
It means children could be reading your heap of prattle and thinking u are right. . . .
In other words, keep your evil opinion to yourself.

Well, if you are really concerned about the children, why not be a better example to them by showing how you are able to tolerate others who do not see the world through the same peach colored glasses as you do?

Anyways, glad to know you care so much for your children that you are willing to play GOOD guy while others who do not see things your way are the BAD. Best way to raise your kids is to teach them their way is always the good way and any contrary view is EVIL and needs to be quelched, good for you!!!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Dude are you lucid?

Didnt you just post the article that specifically says he wasnt charged?

uumm, He has not been charged is not same as HE WILL NEVER BE CHARGED or HE HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED TILL THIS DAY SINCE THAT INCIDENT. I still ask that you go get information instead of continuing this rambling. This is just become nothing but childish. I think will wait to discuss this further with other mature minds who are able to at least reason better,
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Kobojunkie,

Are u this fickle?
So u want me to justify killing to ma kids because a sadistic group of ponces feel its ok?
Dude, pass the spliff u are smoking to the left hand side.
There r no 2 ways about KILLING. . . . It is EVIL.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2008
Please do so and wait for other senile people of your age group. You know the ones dealing with dementia.

First off your claim that criminals are allowed to rioam free to court date. That depends on the situation. NOT ALL criminals are allowed such

Secondly, I still want to know why he wasnt charged immediately. After all they have "evidence" that he "interfered", couyt is where you know whether the charge STICKS or not and your article says nothing about his court date having to do with the police. If anything the article just proves he was held for a while then after a few hrs he was later just released.
Other articles show that the court arrangement was made by HIM in regards to protesting his treatment by them in regards to BA

All these agbayas can't even admit when they are wrong. Pitiful. Instead they rather play games.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Kobojunkie,

Are u this fickle?
So u want me to justify killing to ma kids because a sadistic group of ponces feel its ok?
Dude, pass the spliff u are smoking to the left hand side.
There is no 2 ways about KILLING. . . . It is EVIL.

Look, It is fickle mind that is not able to wrap itself around the fact that all persons will not have and share the same opinions and see the world as it does. I do not agree with you on this issue and that is that. Keep playing GOOD guy all you want, it will not force me to change my view or mind on this issue. Either you learn to accept that I am not you and so should not see the world are you do Or you continue playing this game of yours. I am tired of it myself and would now want to move to dealing with mature discussions. You have a nice life
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal, what happened to the capital punishment thread? Was it deleted?

Why are you bringing it here?  
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ D-reloaded,

I can't find the capital punishment thread. . . .  grin grin grin

@ Kobojunkie,

You keep talking about maturity. . . . What has that gotta do with this.
Besides, whats a matured discussion? Gray hair? Menopause?
For someone moderating the POLITICS SECTION, u are a tad mentally-shallow.
I ma let u be for now.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2008
he's actually moderating Poltics, Jackal embarassed
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2008
what is you people's own.
believe me if I paid $1800 to fly delta non stop from Atlanta to Lagos the last thing I need is to hear someone shouting "Make una come O" from  behind me.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2008
nwando:

believe me if I paid $1800 to fly delta non stop from Atlanta to Lagos the last thing I need is to hear someone shouting "Make una come O" from behind me.

Please help me tell them o. Imagine that for hrs on end?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ D-reloaded,

What is so bad in a guy wailing in his sonorous voice . . . .

Y'all Nigerians make me laugh. . . .
Do u complain when bus conductors wail. . .Yaba, Oshodi, Ikeja in Lagos?
Blimey. . . . what are the chances of such happening while on a plane? Me thinks 1/600.
Its tolerable. . . . i won't move a muscle if i encounter such incident.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why he wasnt kept in the slammer.

He was NOT charged. He was later on bailed. Why? He "broke" the law and "interfered" with police business right? They should have charged him, don't you think?

Knowing how uncouth Nigerians can be the guy obviously did more than saying "please don't kill the guy"
He must have called them out of their names,and constituted a nuisance to the flight crew and like the article says,he became a spokesman for the ocassion.
They ought to deal with him and teach him a good lesson on etiquette.

In this day of terrorism,no hoodlum should be tolerated on an airplane since we don't know who is who.
Next time he'll learn not to cry louder than the bereaved.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

@ D-reloaded,

What is so bad in a guy wailing in his sonorous voice . . . .

Y'all Nigerians make me laugh. . . .
Do u complain when bus conductors wail. . .Yaba, Oshodi, Ikeja in Lagos?

Jackal. Terrible comparision. When people take such buses (I dont), they KNOW what they are getting. They know they will get the loud Alfa or the obnoxious Jehovah Witness or the Yem-Kem man. Such is a given when using such transporation and last I checked people dont pay over a thousand dollars or pounds or whatever for such transports/

Dont know why people keep saying "it wouldnt bother me", that's you. Dont speak for the rest of us that WOULD be bothered by such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

To Move Back From America Or Not... / Fuel Tanker Falls In Cross River, Residents Rush Out With Their Gallons. Photo / The “Lagos Light Rail” Project: 27 Things You Should Know About This Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.