Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133068 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ACMTEN: 11:36am On Apr 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Lagos city(not State) is the most developed area in Nigeria followed by Abuja city(not FCT). The rest are still coming up. No State in Nigeria (including Lagos and the FCT) is anywhere near developed. This topic is like bringing 2 one-eyed men(Lagos and FCT) and 35 blind men then asking who has the best sight.

I agree with your comment. Frankly, I am disappointed with all the states in Nigeria. Development is a foreign term to Nigerians. This is more like comparing the degree of government mediocrity. Nigeria is a disgrace and a huge embarrassment to Africa. Our leaders are not even ashamed. Giant of Africa(sic) embarassed

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by eyzeberg: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2013
it's amazing how the ops used the word 'developed'. how could you say a state in Nigeria is developed when NNigeria as an entity herself is being refered to as underdeveloped or third-world. Lets use the word 'developing'. A simple disparity to distinguish whether a state is developing or urbanised is the level of economic activities and contribution to GDP. the only developing states in Nigeria are those states that can significantly and gainfully provide employment through the real sector. lagos and .ph are developing, while oyo and edo is urbanising. e.g after graduation from school, almost everybody h3ads towards lagos or .ph. boko haram has eroded all northern states of any developments process. don't crucify me abeg , just my thought.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by eaglechild: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2013
ChuckBoi93: @OP
It seems like you were born and bred in Lagos hence you know nothing about anywhere other than Lagos (and maybe Abuja thanks to Nollywood). As far as I'm concerned, Anambra shouldn't be in that list. If your topic was about the most populated states in Nigeria then I would have caved but since it's otherwise, I refuse to budge.
There are no shopping malls in Anambra!
There are no good roads in Anambra; not even in Awka where the governor lives. You need to see the deputy governor's street - pathetic.
No skyscraper (I haven't seen any) in Onitsha nor Awka.
Enugu's much better in terms of development than Anambra, Delta, Edo or Oyo. Good road-networks, awesome buildings, lots of supermarkets, shopping malls (like Shoprite) and yes, nice people.

Get your facts right, dude.
Not true
The OP says developed states not state capitals.
Outside, Enugu city, Enugu is basically rural wasteland apart from parts of Nsukka and Agbani unlike Anambra that is most urban/ semiurban and developed.
Anambra has the best intra state roads in the east.
Yes some parts of Onitsha may be subpar but u can drive to most towns in Anambra without stress.
Same cannot be said for Enugu.
Enugu city is ok but u need to get around more to see what i'm saying.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Heanry(m): 11:40am On Apr 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Lagos city(not State) is the most developed area in Nigeria followed by Abuja city(not FCT). The rest are still coming up. No State in Nigeria (including Lagos and the FCT) is anywhere near developed. This topic is like bringing 2 one-eyed men(Lagos and FCT) and 35 blind men then asking who has the best sight.
Thoughtful
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ifechez: 11:46am On Apr 21, 2013
abdulkayus: Hey dude, ur list is trash. D only develop states i will say are Lagos, Abuja and den maybe Kano.
All d Anambra, Akwa ibom, oyo, delta and Edo are still glorified town. Which malls dey Anambra. Anambra is overhyped abeg.

onitsha main market is far bigger, global and more patronised than all the big malls in northern nigeria put together.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by splashbaby(m): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2013
Evestar200: Delta nd edo states hv best road in nigeria
Are you sure?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by presiade(m): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2013
asha 80: what about edo,ogun?
I expect vehement and vigorous 'attack' and opposition from Edo people for this, but it's the truth!!! Edo State is not developed; I had my youth service (NYSC) there, so, I know what I'm saying.
Take away Benin, Ekpoma, Auchi and maybe Uromi from Edo state then you have seen all there is to see in Edo!!!
If you agree with this, like this post.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by EPOMA(m): 11:48am On Apr 21, 2013
el bin manny: Uyo is like heaven! Ikot-Ekpene a paradise, Abak is cool, Eket is wonderful, Itu is coming up! The way development is spreading in Akwa-Ibom I won't be surprised if LGAs won't be able to identify their boundaries cos the whole state will turn to one Major city grin

what do you call development, This is still why we can get developed because we don't even know how to develop,This places that you called developed, do they have the following to mention a few.

Running water not bore holes

housing for people

access to hospital

communication

Education

Roads.

A place like Uyo with all the billion have been spent on roads, there are no proper pedestrain crossing, traffic lights, road sign (except for julius berger B logo). It takes more than a childs play to develop a state or a town
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ifechez: 11:53am On Apr 21, 2013
punche: If Ogun state and Abia state isn't inclusive then the list is wrong... industrialisation is a major factor.

thank you and one hero for you
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Ola17: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2013
Evestar200: Delta nd edo states hv best road in nigeria

Are you high on postinor or something? undecided

Delta state having the best roads in Nigeria? shocked

Wetin peron nor go hear! cry
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Libkid(m): 11:55am On Apr 21, 2013
asha 80: define what you mean by development.
gud question
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ifechez: 11:57am On Apr 21, 2013
el bin manny: but young man not definitely above Akwa-Ibom !!!!!! cheesytongue

apart from oil industries, name one manufacturing outfit in the entire akwa ibom state.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by eaglechild: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ola17:

Are you high on postinor or something? undecided

Delta state having the best roads in Nigeria? shocked

Wetin peron nor go hear! cry
High on postinor!?
LWKMD.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
KATSINA??
How?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by livebullet(m): 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
Edo is improving....in 4yrs time we'll be ahead of many states... Auchi is currently the fastest growing town in Edo....4rm my observation.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ifechez: 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
el bin manny: but young man not definitely above Akwa-Ibom !!!!!! cheesytongue

and again, i will appreciate it if you would mention any settlement in akwa ibom state that has good roads, better accomodation and aesthetics than the onitsha GRA and its extensions including 33 housing.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Gabrinoz: 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
It very obvious u didnt visit CALABAR, ask anybody that has be here: Good road network, school building, water suppy, CLEAN & GREEN, Good health care centre, nice nitelife, people with developed minds...

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by mayorxxx(f): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
U.Cyril:
Ebonyi,lol
Ebonyi ehn? Abi wetin u talk? No even talk am again
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Abagworo(m): 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
A developed country or "more developed
country" (MDC), is a sovereign state that has a highly
developed economy and advanced technological
infrastructure relative to other less developed nations.
Most commonly the criteria for evaluating the degree of
economic development are gross domestic product
(GDP) , the per capita income, level of industrialization,
amount of widespread infrastructure and general
standard of living.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_country
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Abbey2sam(m): 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
Urbanisation and development work hand in hand,
As far as this is concerned in nigeria, we have only but few states

1: lagos
2: abuja
3: kano
4: kaduna
5: Akwa ibom

I've been to this places
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ifechez: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
asha 80: apart from owerri which other place is developed?

guy, orlu is developed with the kind of onitsha houses, okigwe and oguta are there too. couplef with rochas magic in orlu that town is turning into something big. i may hate okorocha but he has really done alot in orlu and okigwe. i noticed more than 10 dualised roads and a stadium too.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Abagworo(m): 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
ifechez:

and again, i will appreciate it if you would mention any settlement in akwa ibom state that has good roads, better accomodation and aesthetics than the onitsha GRA and its extensions including 33 housing.

Ewet housing is cool. Very cool. Uyo is not really developed. The Governor just built roads and painted them.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by mrtoms: 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
wetn du ekiti na
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
It seems like you were born and bred in Lagos hence you know nothing about anywhere other than Lagos (and maybe Abuja thanks to Nollywood). As far as I'm concerned, Anambra shouldn't be in that list. If your topic was about the most populated states in Nigeria then I would have caved but since it's otherwise, I refuse to budge.
There are no good roads in Anambra; not even in Awka where the governor lives. You need to see the deputy governor's street - pathetic.
Enugu's much better in terms of development than Anambra, Delta, Edo or Oyo. Good road-networks, awesome buildings, lots of supermarkets, shopping malls (like Shoprite) and yes, nice people.

Dude, Anambra is highly developed, and still has d 2nd highest number of economically viable cities after Lagos. Think abt it.
Enugu esp enugu town is cool just as u put it.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by BrokenTV: 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ucheosefoh: go figure guy Anambra is more develop than Enugu state
why are u replying that kid ronneyboy.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by nairaman66(m): 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Whoever compiled this list is a village champion!how can you say Akwa-Ibom is more developed than Edo? To even see Delta state on that list means the op really does not understand what development really is!

For all I care, the only state nearing anything called development in Nigeria is Lagos. Abuja comes closest but still years always from being a developed state. All others are glorified towns still developing.

For those peeps clamouring for the removal of Delta from the list should dream on! I am from Delta State, just because you don't like the Governor, doesn't mean the state is under-developed.

Delta State has the most friendly/happy people in Nigeria. They are extremely accommodating and friendly people. They coexist in peace and harmony. All these qualities are only found in an Urban/Developed environment.

Conclusively, I believe Bayelsa, should not make the list, ask me why and I"ll tell..
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ucheosefoh: We are talking about developments like markets, industries, roads, etc not shopping malls (shoprite) awesome buildings those things are not real development BTW apart from Enugu which other town is develop in Enugu state in the road issue take ur time drive around the two states u will discover that no town in Anambra that is not connected by road network but that cant be said of Enugu many towns are not connected by roads in Enugu
The world has moved beyond open air markets which you take for "development". They are actually a sign of backwardness. Modern shopping malls are the current and future of retail. They also provide employment to thousands of people directly and indirectly, including high level formal employment for graduates and so on. States should build MORE of such facilities, and less open air markets vulnerable to filth, flies and hoodlums.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Akgunner(m): 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
Remove Ibadan from it even the city itself is not worhty to be one the list if you now go to other town there is nothing developing @ all i school in Eruwa a town in oyo state and ve been to many town in oyo state

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by NwaAnambra(m): 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2013

its natural to av a biasd mind abt Anambra....bt a few flashy buildings in Enugu d state capital only hides d enormous underdevelopment faced by d entire enugu state! In terms of even development,Enugu doesn't come close to Anambra...FYI,am a studnt of UNN,and dat means i stay in Enugu state.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by bloggernaija: 12:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
This list is a joke. These guys are putting one city state as the most developed. Apart from the state capitals, the rest of those states are creaking villages with absolutely no social amenities .even some of the capitals are glorified villages.
My list is
Lagos
Ibadan
Rivers
Kano
Abuja
And the rest.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ifechez: 12:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Ewet housing is cool. Very cool. Uyo is not really developed. The Governor just built roads and painted them.

most nigerians dont really know onitsha. there are places you will see in osha that will make you think you are in ikoyi. people take the disorderliness of upper iweka as hw the whole town is. but i know wen obi is done with the beautification of upper iweka and expressbut will definitely change peoples' petception.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by nicebarry: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
why do I always see southern bias'''''ln every indices relating to developement in nigeria-----i grew up in lag'schooled in abeokuta had my higher -education in zaria served in abia hung out in ph calabar''''and now working in gusau zamfara'''trust me d south is overated in terms of quality of living lagos I dare say is d worlds biggest ghetto 2nd to mumbai,,,,,I d
nt tink any city in d south can match d planed nature of abuja ati kaduna both on infrastructure and quality of li

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.