Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim (1039 Views)

Pope Francis: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam And Eve Are Not Real / “there Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real” - Pope Francis / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by swiftycool(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2013
Hey Nairalanders!
I was just thinking about this and thought to bring it to the table. I know some Christian sects already believe this but am asking you, who don't .

What if there was no hell fire, to burn up all wrong doers or sinners, unbelievers etc. as many followers have been taught to believe; and your soul either goes to heaven or just completely ceases to exist after death, would you still strive to be a committed christian, muslim; running away from all forms of sin or would you live a different kind of life.

Let's hear it
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by kenny1795(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2013
swiftycool: Hey Nairalanders!
I was just thinking about this and thought to bring it to the table. I know some Christian sects already believe this but am asking you, who don't .

What if there was no hell fire, to burn up all wrong doers or sinners, unbelievers etc. as many followers have been taught to believe; and your soul either goes to heaven or just completely ceases to exist after death, would you still strive to be a committed christian, muslim; running away from all forms of sin or would you live a different kind of life.

Let's hear it
if diaz no hell, dn dia cnt b a heaven. Religion wil b a fallacy den.
And yes my life would hv been vry different
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by ezme(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2013
swiftycool: Hey Nairalanders!

Let's hear it

If there was no hell and also no heaven, religion would lose it appeal. Take away the reward and the punishment and everyone would be indifferent about it. Even those who claim to love God so much right now.

I once asked here "How appealing is the promise of eternal life?" Even the most vocal of Christians down here couldn't even give reasonable response.
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by mumumugu(m): 8:59am On Apr 21, 2013
Seek you first the kindom of God. Without it, no christianity
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by swiftycool(m): 9:13am On Apr 21, 2013
ezme:

If there was no hell and also no heaven, religion would lose it appeal. Take away the reward and the punishment and everyone would be indifferent about it. Even those who claim to love God so much right now.

I once asked here "How appealing is the promise of eternal life?" Even the most vocal of Christians down here couldn't even give reasonable response.

So in your opinion, you believe that most people are into a faith because of a fear of possible eventual destruction, rather than love for the creator of the Universe?

Is there a christian or Muslim here with a different opinion?
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by swiftycool(m): 9:16am On Apr 21, 2013
mumumugu: Seek you first the kindom of God. Without it, no christianity

Please can u explain what exactly u understand or mean by the above. Or is it just a repetition of what you have heard in Church?
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by bizmahn: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2013
Exclude hell & u have christians that claim to love God soo much fully yielding to flesh gratifying sins,vengeful,inwardly wicked & justify it with claims that since God as a father loves them He'll accept whatever gives them joy as u already have in all churches that don't mention or believe in hell.The summary is hypocrisy cos immediate or eternal adverse consequence of sin is one of d greatest deterent to sin.
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by swiftycool(m): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^^ are u aware that the Jehovas witnesses don't believe in hell yet still seem steadfast in their commitment to whatever it is they believe in.

Does it mean the fear of hell is d reason why many others still worship God? I kinda believe if it is, people are into a faith for fear, is that how it should be?
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by ezme(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
swiftycool: ^^^ are u aware that the Jehovas witnesses don't believe in hell yet still seem steadfast in their commitment to whatever it is they believe in.

Does it mean the fear of hell is d reason why many others still worship God? I kinda believe if it is, people are into a faith for fear, is that how it should be?

there is a promise of a paradise on earth, that is the bait
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by ninja4life(m): 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
Religion delusion simple many people are into a particular religion not because dey wish but its wat dey are born into and brought up with so dey believe d promise of heaven and hell for not believing only few are able to really question those teachings while some are forced into religion because of hell its easier for dem to leave d religion wen dey know there is no hell or dat its just a delusion,am a living example.
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by swiftycool(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2013
ninja4life: Religion delusion simple many people are into a particular religion not because dey wish but its wat dey are born into and brought up with so dey believe d promise of heaven and hell for not believing only few are able to really question those teachings while some are forced into religion because of hell its easier for dem to leave d religion wen dey know there is no hell or dat its just a delusion,am a living example.

Not everyone was born into a religion, though many have been forced into one by people using threats of hell as a warning if they refuse but some actually change to a faith based on some form of divine spiritual experience or encounter they have had rather than threats, some faithfuls really seem excited about their faiths and are not in it just to avert damnation I would have expected to find someone like that on here or is it just a smoke screen?
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by wazobiaforu(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2013
Reward - Punishment = Religion

-Reward - punishment = -Religion

Simple fact but some ppl will still disagree just to show blindness in their religion

But for me, i will still be good minus religion because i hardly bliv in Religion
Re: If There Was No Hell Fire, Would U Still Be A Christian/muslim by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:50pm On May 03, 2013
@Op, if there is no hell, religion will become irrelevant because everyone will start living their life as they see fit, knowing fully well at the end of their lifetime they will all go to heaven.

But to answer your question, I will rather stay a Christian because it's more flexible than Islam in many ways.

(1) (Reply)

What IF / Osun Osogbo Festival Holds Despite Ebola Scare / Why Jesus Is Not Lord/god

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.