Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral (32214 Views)

Residents Set Alfa's House On Fire After They Found Baby's Placenta (PHOTO) / Grand Opening Of The Largest Single Building in Lagos State.“Rock Cathedral” / The Experience 2009 (pastor Paul Adefarasin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by foyeks2001(f): 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Elueme: 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
Whether it's 4, 5 or 13 billion naira or even dollars shouldn't be your headache provided your money was not forcefully taken from you to support the project. I worship in that church and I am blessed for it. Just give it a try and your level of reasoning will change.. I congratulate the founder, the pastors, members and the christedoms in general.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Aifey(m): 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
FXKing2012: To all the haters:
Matt. 16:18 "... and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
bible na wash. A big deceit.
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by dabossman(m): 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
I don't know what some peeps are complaining about o! This church took 9 years to build with about 5 billion, yet your Vice President wants to build a house that he may vacate in 2 years time for 16 billion.

Besides, who says these churches don't help the poor? Many of them have outreaches that cater to the needy. Every project has it's own budget (including church building, welfare packages, humanitarian work, mission work etc), and they do a better job at utilizing their budget than the Federal Government does.

I think some of us need to school ourselves on what budgeting means, building a sports stadium doesn't have to affect building power station or schools as long as they are all in the budget, just as building a church cathedral doesn't affect the funds used to help the needy.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by siobahn: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
@OP, it is a 10,000 seater, fully air conditioned church which was dedicated on the 20th April as a centre for justice and reformation and on the 21st April as the Metropolitan of all HOTR churches. Knowing Pst Paul, I wasn't expecting anything less, he is a man of excellence. Besides that building was supposed to have been ready since 2000. Congrats to Revd Paul Adefarasin and all HOTR members.

1 Like

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rev. Paul Adefarasin
he is not a reverend but a pastor
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by COMPAQ(m): 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
I just hope that there is enough parking space for everyone!! Next thing is that they will begin parking on the adjoining streets and cause a nuisance for the neighborhood like MFM in Akoka and deeper life in Gbagada!!

1 Like

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
slim fit :

Bill Gate is poor abi, yet he is helping the needy. I can tell you a lot of churches mostly white churches that makes sure offerings are used for the needy, they use their money on homeless people charities and so on. The church needs to know what their priorities are.
Kai, if only u knew the lives these churches impact physically? Some of them don't even do all the media hype that your likes want to hear and see. Bros! Do your bit. Na weekend we dey so, before you buy that beer, pepersoup etc? Open your eyes and look arround you, some people neva chop and you even know some of them.
What about your clothes? (The ones who won't wear again, cos they aint trendy no more)...brother! Open your eyes, do your own bit and shush!
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by searchcorp(m): 9:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
mehn, the fact that Goodluck Jonathan attended that launch means he has my vote for 2013, i tell u, i am so voting that man!
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by NLGwoodey: 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
You sure say God go gree visit other smaller churches after e don taste this mansion?

I thought God is everywhere. DO we need such edifice to glorify him or is it business?

Maybe, the pastor knows something we don't
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
The outside makes it looks third-ish! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by crackhouse(m): 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
can they allow somebody with bathroom slippers in there? or a beggar? looks like the church is meant for those that wear high class cloths and spray high class perfumes
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by sobastical: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
jammyng: Good! A place of worship for God should always be the best.

Yes, but the real church which is me and you should be the best to see and glorify God not the building bro.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by deelobe: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
splashbaby: waoooo...That is above Osun and Ekiti state monthly federal allocations put together. Churches must be taxed in a way. Even the bible didn't shy away from allowing this obligation.

I am disappointed in you. It's obvious you are a pessimist and adverse to rejoicing when something good happen. What was all that crap about. That's the. Only part you know in the Bible.
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by sobastical: 10:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
God have mercy on me, who are am I to judge?? Hope God will be glorify in this. Praise Jesus!
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
The church building is nice. I like d pastor as well. Congrats sir and GOD bless u sir
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by sobastical: 10:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
Adekay2011: NO PROBLEM, THEY REMAIN IN THEIR CATHEDRAL AFTER RAPTURE

Why the hates now?
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by sobastical: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
skyfall: Nice structure! Some men are building factories, some are building churches. All na business!

Chao! See wtin dis one dey talk again ooo, una no go kill person oo
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by sobastical: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
kuss: Thank God churches are building monuments and buying private jets .imagine what the world would look like if they were promoting and supporting terrorism.

Which one be this again??
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by ldpele(m): 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
slim fit :

Bill Gate is poor abi, yet he is helping the needy. I can tell you a lot of churches mostly white churches that makes sure offerings are used for the needy, they use their money on homeless people charities and so on. The church needs to know what their priorities are.
keep waiting for churches to help the poor,when u avnt even done any lil frm wat God has blessed u wit,if u cnt b faithful in lil,u cnt been in plenty
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by splashbaby(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
2nychymes:

if i were you i will pay more attention to how to solve the looting of public treasury by government officials and leave churches alone.
Thank God we weren't alike. Public officials appears to be getting their inspirations from places like that...I might be wrong though many of them are very religious(Christians and Muslims)
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by splashbaby(m): 10:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
deelobe:

I am disappointed in you. It's obvious you are a pessimist and adverse to rejoicing when something good happen. What was all that crap about. That's the. Only part you know in the Bible.
Sorry to have hurt your religious ego. Most of these churches are now business centre where blessings, miracles and healings are auctioned for the highest bidder...I'm not making refrence to this church which I hold in high esteem. But many of them doing business should pay tax.
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by bamvik(m): 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
wow 9000 capacity?, guess it shud be the biggest or one of the biggest auditorium in nigeria
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by bamvik(m): 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
foyeks2001: Hmmmm
and you dont know there are members who are far richer than pastors/general overseer
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Onyocha: 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
why did adefarasin invite a war criminal (tony blair) to open his church? I hope he is not one of the fanatical Christians who believe bush and blair were doing a good to Christians for attacking Iraq? and for those who do not know,the situation of Christians in Iraq was way better before the American invasion,which put them at the mercy of Wahhabi terrorists.afterall i'm not surprised to see blair attend.its all about oil and money,as was the Iraq war.but its really a shame that a war criminal is an honored guest in opening a place of worship.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by upchair(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
I have only one ting to say....WOW.

1 Like

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by degbads(m): 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
Praise to God and congrats to all HOTR members. Nothing is too good for God.
Please ignore all the bad belle people here hiding under the guise of '... Money should have been given to the poor'.(Dont they remind us of Judas and the alabaster box incident in the bible) this they say not because they love the poor or as a matter of fact do anything to help the poor but some just hate to see the Church prosper. They would rather the church remains poor and beggarly and when they cant make this happen they hide under the 'helping the poor trash' they always spue. Try reading about the billions david and solomon spent in building the temple of God in the bible, there were poor people in israel in the day yet God approved of it. Most of these folks dont even read the bible or attend church they just join bandwagoners to say what anybody with half-sense will naturally come up with without thorough logical thinking. And this is one of the problems with our country, we destroy our heroes, and celebrate the dead, and this stems from a spirit of witchcraft and jealousy. Thumbs up to people who give to God, thumbs up to Christians with a honest and bible based prosperity mentality, thumbs to HOTR and its inspirational G.O. And yes, i am from Christ Embassy

5 Likes

Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by SEYIKP(m): 11:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
12 inches!:
If building churches is what christianity is about then I dnt want to be a christian. Christianity has lost their priority. We as christians should be christ like. There are many poor people around us. Many orphans, sick and disable people. Jesus came and healed them and made their life better. He didn't come to the earth to build churches. Materialism and christianity have now become one.
I HATE HYPOCRATE DID U KNOW BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DAVID LEFT FOR SOLOMON TO BUILD D TEMPLE OF GOD? WHEN DAT CERTAIN WOMAN USED ALABASTER OIL TO WASH JESUS FEETS, ONE OF IS DISCIPLE SAID THE OIL WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD TO CATER FOR D POOR, WHAT WAS JESUS RESPONSE? DID U EXPECTS THE CHURCH TO ANNOUNCE ON CNN THAT DIS IS OUR DONATION TOWARDS THE POOR? GO TO SAUDI ARABIA OR ANY OF D MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES (THE MUSLIM) DAT HAVE HELD ON ERROR THEY BUILT BILLIONS OF DOLLAR EDIFICE TO WORSHIP THEIR goddess, WHENEVER A PASTOR BUY OR DO GOOD HE OR SHE HAS COMMITTED A SIN, IS BETTER U COME OUT FRM ILLUSION.
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Vansnickers: 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
SEYI_KP: I HATE HYPOCRATE DID U KNOW BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DAVID LEFT FOR SOLOMON TO BUILD D TEMPLE OF GOD? WHEN DAT CERTAIN WOMAN USED ALABASTER OIL TO WASH JESUS FEETS, ONE OF IS DISCIPLE SAID THE OIL WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD TO CATER FOR D POOR, WHAT WAS JESUS RESPONSE? DID U EXPECTS THE CHURCH TO ANNOUNCE ON CNN THAT DIS IS OUR DONATION TOWARDS THE POOR? GO TO SAUDI ARABIA OR ANY OF D MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES (THE MUSLIM) DAT HAVE HELD ON ERROR THEY BUILT BILLIONS OF DOLLAR EDIFICE TO WORSHIP THEIR goddess, WHENEVER A PASTOR BUY OR DO GOOD HE OR SHE HAS COMMITTED A SIN, IS BETTER U COME OUT FRM ILLUSION.

LOL!!!!! Someone missed the School Bus. grin grin grin
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by Vansnickers: 11:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
Man builds 13 billion Naira Church. Why should i care?! it's your Money. You live in Face me i Face you , while Daddy G.O lives in a mansion, Yes! I can indeed see the blessings and fairness of your Lord.
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by ekolina(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Hey peeps, it's a joyous fin 4 d houz of God 2 b perfect. King Solomon spent far more dan 13b 2 erect d temple of God
Re: Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral by mollie12: 1:00am On Apr 22, 2013
The King Solomon references are irrelevant. THAT was with the Old Covenant system. Christians are partakers of a New Covenant, and in this system your body is God's temple, not a building.

I was expecting the defenders of the church to point out that the facility is not just a bogus grandiose structure to boost the pastor's ego but a multifunctional center to offer humanitarian services in the area of health, education, recreation, etc. Or at least that's what one of the previous topics described it to be. I had initially written a response based on the incomplete information this OP gave but had to modify it when I saw the full details.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Who Ordered Guests Without Asoebi Out Of Her Party Apologizes / A Nairalander's Court Wedding Reception Photos / First Photos From Eyo Festival In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.