Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? (22214 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / How Many Men Think This Way ? (pic).. / Why Do Men Think Their Extramarital Affairs Are Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 26, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Really? My blackberry can do that too?

You don't have to be a lesbian for me to crush on you and don't ever feel that you need to apologise for your orientation no matter how disappointed you think I would be.

What's wrong with “baby” it`s patronizing, seriously, what kind of person are you? Ease up a bit

As for Onila (who ever that is) and her admirers - good for her (I guess), she's worked for them. You can see here that I'm on a different path?

And for derailing the thread (which u appear to be obsessed with), traffic is slow but if you have something to get it back on track with - please.....
lol there are many nut cases on nairaland dnt mind any of them. Keepp doing u, i like ur write ups :-)
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 26, 2013
Rotflmao
Raggedy_Ann:

Really. Pot...kettle....black. If she's “parked” posting comments and you're “parked” reading them, how are u employing yourself any better? Dimwit!
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 26, 2013
Another Nl dumb woman on the loose
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Another Nl dumb woman on the loose
lol am not surprised coming from a lil kid. Have u not got any homework to do?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 26, 2013
Yaba left someone is stuck on the elevator , please come take your patient .......
We have a dumb woman on the loose
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Yaba left someone is stuck on the elevator , please come take your patient .......
We have a dumb woman on the loose
Rotflmao so u know abt Yaba left? Oh i forgot your mom was there. Is she having the same problems again! She is stuck in the elevator. Jeez pls becareful(i"m starting to understand why u are the way u are( family history)) aww will keep her in my prayers. Now i kinda feel bad for u. It must really suck being u hun

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 26, 2013
Subomi-luv:
lol there are many nut cases on nairaland dnt mind any of them. Keepp doing u, i like ur write ups :-)

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 26, 2013
Oooo no patient2 is missing

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 26, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Rotflmao so u know abt Yaba left? Oh i forgot your mom was there. Is she having the same problems again! She is stuck in the elevator. Jeez pls becareful(i"m starting to understand why u are the way u are( family history)) aww will keep her in my prayers. Now i kinda feel bad for u. It must really suck being u hun

Shove your advices deep in your nasty and stinking azz Dumbo
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 26, 2013
[quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE]

Oooo no patient2 is missing

Awwwww come here for a hug and a kiss its clear that u need it :-)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 26, 2013
Subomi-luv:

Awwwww come here for a hug and a kiss its clear that u need it :-)

Ewww
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Shove your advices deep in your nasty and stinking azz Dumbo
I hit a nerve? Lol am only being gentle since u are a teenager. I do not fight with kids. Momma bear is here for u ok. *winks*
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Ewww
lol you know u want it. You have been craving for my attention for a while now so am giving it to u dear. Talk to me, am here for u. How was school?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 26, 2013
God forbid go take care of your bastards .. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: God forbid go take care of your bastards .. lipsrsealed
:-p i will do so. In 5yrs time am sure u will be of age. Till then learn how to behave yourself. My niceness has its limits even for teenagers :-)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 26, 2013
Like I said shove your advices in your big ,nasty and stinking azz, I ain't taking them for obvious reasons of course. cool
Get lost
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by tpia5: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2013
Subomi-luv:
The topic is not abt women being embarrassed to get married. Not every man wants to get married or wants to get married now and the same can be said for some woman. Just because getting married is the be all and end all for u, does not mean others have the same views. Ppl are different, u cannot just categories someone with different views and opinions as being embarrased. Alot of men(not all) feel that getting married is the b all and end all for women and that we shud b lucky or feel priviledge or act like this or that or nobody will marry us, like that is the only thing women strive for.

I doubt you read my post, you were just in a hurry to "prove" you're not one of those who "want to marry".

I said SOME women have the desire to be married and in a relationship, but in the name of trying to feel among, forming big girls, would rather pretend and not admit it.

And yes, there are also women who for various reasons best known to them, aim to discourage other females from entering into relationships or if they already have, to disparage it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by tpia5: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
My main point was, i do not know when it became socially unacceptable for a single young woman to admit she desires a relationship with a single young male, which could lead to marriage.

Since when do women feel wanting to marry is a bad thing?

Like i said, the issue is how you actualize that desire, not the desire itself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
I believe that most human beings would like to have a happy relationship or a happy marriage but
I know that many marriages end up unhappy.

As for me, I'd love to be happily married but if it's not meant to be, I prefer to be alone.
I would be happier in a good marriage but I won't be unhappy alone. So why compromise my happy single life for a marriage that is hell or just not happy?? Nobody can force me to do that. Not society and not even my beloved family. It's my life and it's a precious gift that I won't waste for a marriage that makes me miserable.

My best wishes to you all.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
tpia@:

I doubt you read my post, you were just in a hurry to "prove" you're not one of those who "want to marry".

I said SOME women have the desire to be married and in a relationship, but in the name of trying to feel among, forming big girls, would rather pretend and not admit it.

And yes, there are also women who for various reasons best known to them, aim to discourage other females from entering into relationships or if they already have, to disparage it.
Prove what? Are you high on crack my dear? Lol i read your point and responded to it and you did not mention it this way, so why are you tripping? Next time say what you mean properly because i cant magically read what you meant when it is different from what you wrote. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2013
tpia@:
My main point was, i do not know when it became socially unacceptable for a single young woman to admit she desires a relationship with a single young male, which could lead to marriage.

Since when do women feel wanting to marry is a bad thing?

Like i said, the issue is how you actualize that desire, not the desire itself.
Who said marriage was a bad thing or that women dO not desire it? You are making your own other topic here. Was responding on what the op wrote which is very true. So lets stick to the topic and not create other possible topics that is not about what was been asked now. In life you get childish people who form or hate to see other women happy. You can open that thread and will surely be there to contribute and heck i probably will agree with you, but this is not about that!!!! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2013
carefreewannabe: I believe that most human beings would like to have a happy relationship or a happy marriage but
I know that many marriages end up unhappy.

As for me, I'd love to be happily married but if it's not meant to be, I prefer to be alone.
I would be happier in a good marriage but I won't be unhappy alone. So why compromise my happy single life for a marriage that is hell or just not happy?? Nobody can force me to do that. Not society and not even my beloved family. It's my life and it's a precious gift that I won't waste for a marriage that makes me miserable.

My best wishes to you all.
GBAM!
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by tpia5: 11:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Prove what? Are you high on crack my dear? Lol i read your point and responded to it and you did not mention it this way, so why are you tripping? Next time say what you mean properly because i cant magically read what you meant when it is different from what you wrote. Thanks

you should save the bile for later on in life, if you're this waspish now then i fear for the men who come your way.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
tpia@:

you should save the bile for later on in life, if you're this waspish now then i fear for the men who come your way.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2013
tpia@:

grin grin grin grin and you care because? When you talk poo and someone addresses that poo that you talk the best defense you can give is that you fear for my man? Well thanks for your concern but my man is gud but i will personally ask him that for you since you seem so concerned by my love life smiley Lol Nairaland is full of psychopaths craziness everywhere or is it that time wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Obelomo: 12:53pm On May 06, 2013
It is not just men, but the whole naija society. Which it is good to be married, but "happily married". Although not all women of a certain age has fault, some just are magenetized to men that are not serious. As for nollywood stars I remember Uche Jombo getting lots of bad comments before she got married, even someone on twitter that her and Gene will end single mothers. I liked how Uche replied back. Which if some people remember she was engageds years back to a 10 year relationship. My point just, because is due or even a little overdue and they are not married that not mean they will never get married. There are a lot of married going through crap, in which they prefer to be single. For all young single ladies out there pray for a good God fearing husband. Also, for all the young ladies out there that found Mr. right and are really married thank God for that and look down on those whose are not!
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by passionate88: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
Amelian:
When I was in my twenties, due to my flashy look, I cut out certain normal things that would. Ordinarily make a lady happy, due to mindset of most nija..
overall u give nice advice but u lie big time when u say d bolded... No b u wey ppl yab for that funke akindele thread when u say she ugly?. I even see ur picture I come begin shame? Who tell u sef say u fine?. Mayb na d guys wey wan chop u. @op me sef if I go see any girl wey go jst cm stay wit me or I wit her no wedding, marriage or whatsoever and we share everythin 50/50, I go like am o, if we born 2 kids 1 go bear her name, 1 mine. We go jst meet lawyer make e draft document for us to sign, wit d way naija girls dey go @ dia younger age dey follow old men why I go come get mind kneel down dey beg make she marry me?. And after some dn do those wayward life dm go begin quote God, Jesus dey preach repentance. To d ladies wey no wan marry, no think of wetin ppl go talk, jst leave ur life as u see fit, afterall dm no pt gun for ur head make u accept man, na free will. Ms. Ama Pepple is single and happy, Kemi Olunloye is single and happy, Genevive is single, rich nd happy, funke sef is divorced nd happy. So marriage no b by force.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by ireneidiva(f): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
softy:

@OP, what is ur own personal plan concerning marriage??.....u wanna marry someday?.........because bad examples of marriage dominate ur area where u live DOES NOT connote men see women in marriage as 'slave'........!

Whether figuratively or literarily, your 2% about sane men that treat women right is just ridiculous.........so, 98% of men (whether married,aspiring,undecided) are INSANE (treats women like gabbage)?

Nigeria is blessed with both bad women and men as a group, and others as good ones!

What is ur parental background?......can u explain the kind of love you learn from them?

If u are not a feminist, don't act like one.

To tell u as a fact, some married women are very bad, even transfer the bad habits to their daughters!.......and the cycle continues!

What is ur point of bringing up a thread that shows who u really are- disturbed and bittered

My advice for u:
Make hay when the sun shines!
be ready to bring in good character whenever u are ready to get hooked!
Thanks.
You don't have a point. NEXT!
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by CHoccolaTE: 7:47am On Dec 31, 2013
Bump.

Man, this was such a great thread grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 31, 2013
Like I said shove your advices in your big ,nasty and stinking azz, I ain't taking them for obvious reasons of course. cool
Get lost

shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy jesoos

Oh NL, I've seen it All
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 31, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]SERIOUSLY? WHY? angry

Why on earth do you people think that women will keel over and die if they don't get married?
Why do you think women are just dying to get married or get you hooked?

Day after day on Nairaland I see posts by men that talk about how some female celebrity is approaching her 30's and is not married or how some other ladies will never get married because of one reason or another as if these women told you that their lives cannot continue without marriage.

Why on earth do you people think Nigerian women are desperate to get married to you?
See eh, the reason why majority of women seek marriage is because of societal pressure from people that cannot mind their business and because they want to have kids that will not be called bastards so you better understand that fact.

Marriage hardly benefits women (except the very few lucky ones that married considerate men) so why do you think they are dying for it?
Husbands come home from work and expect a hot/good meal which the wife is supposed to have prepared; it is hardly ever the other way round and it is very rare for a woman to come home and meet that her husband has prepared something for her to eat yet this is something men enjoy all the time.
Men just stay by the side and watch while their wives whine in pregnancy pains and face the pains of being pregnant for months; imagine the struggles of getting the kids ready for school while fighting early morning sickness.

She works to assist you and must still submit to your whims because society expects her to, and you still expect sexxual gratification when you come home not considering that she is probably exhausted.
Also, after marriage the husband clearly enjoys his life and freedom more than the woman. he can close from work and 'hang out with the boys' instead of going home and nobody queries him, but his wife can never try such, she goes home straight to take care of children, does the cooking and cleaning and what not. She even has to take a break from work sometimes to pick the kids from school and drop them at home then go back to work before finally returning home at the end of the day to carry house work solely on her head because the majority of Nigerian men are lazy asses that think that helping their wives at home is an abomination.

After all the stress of doing housework on her own and taking care of children on her own she starts to look old and tired and her husband complains that she is now too old and unattractive and without thinking twice, he begins to look outside at younger women because his wife is no longer attractive to him.
The worst part is that the children the women is taking care of, the children that she got so stressed for and losses her beauty after birthing are bearing the man's name. The children bear his name and not hers and yet the men will have the effrontery to say that their wife is no longer attractive after bearing these kids so they want to chase other women.

What do women even gain from marriages for heavens sake?
People expects them give up your identity and start bearing their husbands' name, the kids you spend your life taking care of bear his name and claim his home town when they are asked where they come from, the man is very very likely to cheat on his wife and maybe infect her with some STD or another and he will more likely than not, turn her into his slave by refusing to assist with house work while expecting her to contribute financially to the upkeep of the house.
In fact, if not that religions make childbearing outside marriage a sin and society(mostly men) treat unmarried girls like outcasts, I'm sure many women will not get married, who in their right senses will want to marry an overbearing, unhelpful, slave driving no-good lazy ass; which majority of men are, when they can just have their kids in peace and not have to worry about taking care of him?

All of you can relax, eh kwa?
Women are not in any hurry to become your slaves.
Enough of the marriage this and marriage talk you keep disturbing our ears with.

Lastly, I know that not all married men think that women are on earth to be their slaves, I know that some kind and thoughtful men still exist there so this message does not apply to them.
Kudos to the 2% of Nigerian men that still have respect for women and consider their feelings after marriage.
I salute you.
I gotta say, i understand some of your sentiments, however, i have to correct some notions. You said marriage don't benefit women, that's not true. It benefits both parties. Women can be happy without marriage? True, and for the record, not all Nigerian men are abusive of their wives. That's a lie from the mojave desert. Good day.
Re: Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? by CHoccolaTE: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2013
PocketEconomist: I gotta say, i understand some of your sentiments, however, i have to correct some notions. You said marriage don't benefit women, that's not true. It benefits both parties. Women can be happy without marriage? True, and for the record, not all Nigerian men are abusive of their wives. That's a lie from the mojave desert. Good day.

Women benefit from marriages, fine. But men benefit more. Up to 80% more than women and I explained this in the OP.
Secondly, I never said all men abuse their wives so I don't know why you brought it up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Daughters Of Lesbians Kick Against Lesbianism / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum / Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.