Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. (80563 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Dannylux: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2013
Nostalgia cry
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 16, 2013
ajanaku2:

And some Ignoramuses liked this post!

You might be right about the industry being Igbo-dominated but saying the Igbos pioneered and championed the Industry is not just a Fallacy but an indisputable Falsity...

Where were the Igbos when Ola Balogun and Herbert Ogunde were producing Films for Awolowo-inspired Western Nigerian Government Broadcasting Corporation (WNTV), now NTA, Ibadan in the 60s? That was the first TV station in Sub-saharan Africa and Igbos had theirs years later!

I think you need to check a dictionary to confirm the meaning of the words, "pioneer" and "champion"...

Just by your username, I don't need to respond to you. Ungrateful and envious turd.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2013
ajanaku2:

Igbos doing it better? Really? With those crappy films that take less than 2 weeks to shoot? I'm sure you know better in the depths of your mind! Either that or you no close to nothing about what it entails to be a Cinematographer and Movie Director!

Ever heard of Tunde Kelani? Well, I read somewhere that He's the best Cinematographer in Nigeria. I doubted that fact until I saw "Maami"...What a Movie!

Kunle Afolayan trails behind him in this regard too! I watched "Phone Swap" and I was absolutely wowed! I asked Myself, "Na Nigerian film be this?"...

By the way, I'm a Fan of Nkem Owoh and Chiwetalu Agu! Igbos are the best when it comes to the comedy genre!

U are satisfied mentioning the poor Igbo movies, what do u have to say about the great ones? including the ones mentioned here.
These are the movies the world know from nollywood, the movies that created d viable industry .Biko, don't start what u can't finish.
Because we taught two of ur ppl how to do it, I no go fit drink water drop cup for u.
back to topic
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by shegsrules(m): 10:09am On Nov 16, 2013
Full moon, the oath, after school hours, living in bondage. Nice movies
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 16, 2013
LadyH: I never watched living in bondage sad I want to watch living in bondage cry Anyone knows where I can dwnload it from? pls??

www.naijafilms.com
I think irokotv too
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Emerald120(f): 10:29am On Nov 16, 2013
Mamacita007: Karashikaaaaaaa karashikaaaa grin grin
wat of circle of doom?

there's 1 movie where a stingy man buried his brother in an expensive casket. i can't remember the name
Died Wretched
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by ajanaku2(m): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2013
Knowledge9000:

Just by your username, I don't need to respond to you. Ungrateful and envious turd.

No need insulting Me, Guy! This is a faceless forum...I don't know you, you don't know Me so I don't feel hurt a bit!

Just disprove My Points and I would feel hurt!
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Hibkay: 10:53am On Nov 16, 2013
I remember Festival of fire too...Very nice Movie
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by ajanaku2(m): 10:57am On Nov 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:

U are satisfied mentioning the poor Igbo movies, what do u have to say about the great ones? including the ones mentioned here.
These are the movies the world know from nollywood, the movies that created d viable industry .Biko, don't start what u can't finish.
Because we taught two of ur ppl how to do it, I no go fit drink water drop cup for u.
back to topic

Igbos taught Tunde Kelani how to make movies? Wonders shall never end!

Could you please google "Tunde Kelani" to read his biography? It's free...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by lorettafrancis(f): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2013
Iaz93: I can't forget Karashika oh. gringrin There's also HIGHWAY TO THE GRAVE ... MARRIED TO A WITCH

Naija like winch film oh undecided
what about the sacrifice,oganigwe,isha wuru,world apart,igodo,chioma,my destiny,rythym of the gods,egg of life and that one that shan george contacted hiv?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by valicious1(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:

back to topic
ajanaku2:

HEY DAMN YOU TWO. Don't infest my thread with your venomous tribalistic slanders angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by derosario11(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2013
THE MOMENT BITTERNESS...abt three brothers dat struggled to survive....I lov dat movie wit passion....even d anointed child ...
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by stolenstone: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2013
Keeping Faith, I love that movie like mad! Infact I've searched the net for a download but I no see. e no even dey market again. How do i get it??
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by jnrbayano(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2013
grin
Michael Sokoto: Anybody!
I repeat!
Anybody wey get 'Willy-Willy' film to sell or download should pm ASAP cool

A bowl of kunu awaits u, handsomely cool
I like that film over-well. grin it was during "Schools drama" time.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by jnrbayano(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Akidi Ama Oke Ana, Sins of The Father, Felony, Exile, Chain Reaction, Sorrows Of Cain, Captives, Last Burial, Executive Crime, Baracuda aka The Man Eater, Cassandra, Cassanova, Diamond Ring, Echi di ime, Evil Men, Blind Trust, Fire For Fire, Above Death, Deriko nwa mama....classics!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by jnrbayano(m): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
sarutobie:
Akaraka adanma!! Choii that ancient movie starring mike ori ihe di mma and uwaezuoke!
Izuagbaka!! Another of the duo....great movies!!!!
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
onyichick: pls wat is d name of dat movie dat d kids frm a school went 4 excursion n got lost in d bush.some got killed by one strange stuff n they sang dis song;d sun dat rise in d morning is a sign of hope for a brighter day.............

just a night...

the sun that rise in the mornin,
is the sign of hope for a brighter day...
crystal raindrops in the season,
bring forth life in abundance....

yes our LORD is life in every born child (abi)
yes our LORD is hope, He makes our dreams come true

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Dominionng(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hey team A: Nna you are right. The Igbos were the brain behind Nollywood. Disregard that dude! same reason it was once called Igbo films.

Team B: Oga, don't mind them jare. The first broadcasting corp was in the west. Tunde Kelani and the likes of Herbert Ogungbe started the concept that's being embraced today.

Team C: Walahi, those dopeys does not knw history. The first staged play was acted by the likes of El Kanemi in the old Kanem Borno Empire long before almagamation.

You see... Y'all won! Can we now have peace? Bunch of moronic, imbecilic, ludicrous, idiotic, preposterous, sophomoric Trabalistic Futtards!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
ajanaku2:

The guy had practically watched nollywood movies. He learn from there, don't argue it.

Did igbos impact most in the production/directing of great nollywood movies or not? that's the ques.
Y will u pick only the badly made ones to make a tribal point.
I guess those plays they do in
yoruba films are not done ny yorubas too.
Get back to topic
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
valicious1:

HEY DAMN YOU TWO. Don't infest my thread with your venomous tribalistic slanders angry angry
Peace
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by longjohnsilver: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
Dominionng: Hey team A: Nna you are right. The Igbos were the brain behind Nollywood. Disregard that dude! same reason it was once called Igbo films.

Team B: Oga, don't mind them jare. The first broadcasting corp was in the west. Tunde Kelani and the likes of Herbert Ogungbe started the concept that's being embraced today.

Team C: Walahi, those dopeys does not knw history. The first staged play was acted by the likes of El Kanemi in the old Kanem Borno Empire long before almagamation.

You see... Y'all won! Can we now have peace? Bunch of moronic, imbecilic, ludicrous, idiotic, preposterous, sophomoric Trabalistic Futtards!!!
Gbam!!!...na everitin we dey tribalise for dis forum...make we jex enjoy d good ol' times...dem no go free... infact 1million likes for you

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by constanceifeoma(f): 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
glamour boys, festival of fire, millionaire are saints, abuse daybreak, just a night, wiidest dream, onome etc. down memory lane when naija films have value n meaning not the ones we are seeing now boobs bombom lesbianism all sort of rubbish.
pls where is liz benson, sola fosudo, zack orji, victoria inyama, jayke aernan, dolly nwachuku, regina askia , ann njamanze, hilda dokuba n sandra achums i would like to c dis faces gracing our screens once again.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Noblefreeman(m): 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=Mamacita007]Karashikaaaaaaa karashikaaaa grin grin
wat of circle of doom?

there's 1 movie where a stingy man buried his brother in an expensive casket. i can't remember the name [¥€A̶̲̥̅h,that's died wretched.]
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by richardoz(m): 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
nice one OP. who said igbo pioneered nigeria film industries where were they when late Duro Ladipo, Baba Ogunde, Pa Oyin Adejobi and Ishola Ogunsola of blessed memory were reigning?
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by dubsy20(m): 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
MISSING MASK!!
Featuring: Chika Anyanwu as Mbaogwu!!
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Mossi: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
cant 4get movies like, D Wrath of God, and D Coming of D Anti-Christ, Last Burial, Festival of Fire
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Mossi: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
captives, staring, Alex usofo, Bobmanuell Odokwu
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by LadyH(f): 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
click2cbn: small geh grin, try ww.
angry getat!!! lol
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ohhhh GOD we need these films in DVD pls, they don't sell them again because they know their current useless films' market will die.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by LadyH(f): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:

www.naijafilms.com
I think irokotv too
tnx b kiss
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Juwonlo00(f): 7:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
jasperdgenius: Truely naija........would really luv 2 watch dem again.
Diamond ring, korobakoroba, Kodun kopo kope(KKK), Iyawo Alhaji, Labake Dejo, Osuwon, Ide, Ige adubi,Ibi giga, Oleku, Thunderbolt, Yemi my lover,Iru esin, Eran iya Oshogbo, Koto aiye, Oranmiyan,Blood money,Blood sister, Igbo irunmole, Ereke onibudo,Omo odede
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Juwonlo00(f): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
jasperdgenius: Truely naija........would really luv 2 watch dem again.
Diamond ring, korobakoroba, Kodun kopo kope(KKK), Iyawo Alhaji, Labake Dejo, Osuwon, Ide, Ige adubi,Ibi giga, Oleku, Thunderbolt, Yemi my lover,Iru esin, Eran iya Oshogbo, Koto aiye, Oranmiyan,Blood money,Blood sister, Igbo irunmole, Ereke onibudo,Iya mi leko,power of love,No king as God,Omo odede aπϑ so on.......Naijas got talent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: Meet Seyi, Obafemi Awolowo Grandson Is On The Big Brother Naija 2019 / Biggie Tells Dorathy To Leave Diary Room Over Indecent Dressing / Morayo Afolabi-Brown On Lekki: I Spoke The Truth Before Attack On TVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.