Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Disturbing Trends-1. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Disturbing Trends-1. (749 Views)

Top 7 Most Interesting, Educative And Entertaining Job Vacancy Trends In 2015 / U.N Please Stop Disturbing Me, You Can Take My Money / It Is Very Disturbing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disturbing Trends-1. by ogasnow: 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2008
Sup y'all. i intend to lay bare on this forum a disturbing occurence in recent times that relates to job seekers. the question is "why do gatemen or security personnel of companies prevent job seekers from entering office complexes to make enquiries. I'm asking this question based on a couple of experinces that i had.
1. I recieved an invitation from zenith bank to write a test 25 mins before the test was to be written. i, therfore missed the test. i decided to go to hq. to see if I could be re-scheduled. To my shock pips, the security men didnt let me in. Instead, they gave me their personal suggestions. I needed to clarify an issue with human res. and there I was debating with gatemen. All my entreaties to let me in fell on deaf ears. they advised me to go and do as they told me. SHOCKING. shocked
2. I took my sis to oceanic hq. with respect to her i.t programme and met a raving lunatic at the gate who refused to allow even people with bigger interests into the complex. On appraoching him, he wasnt too sure if oceanic was recruiting i.t and wouldn't even let me go in to make enquiries. I wash the nigga seriously before i go sha.
Do all companies have this as a policy? Is there a reason why companies do this? Its bad if you ask me. Be cool y'all.
Re: Disturbing Trends-1. by simonseez: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi Ogasnow,

its really unfortunate what happened to u,did u try calling the num that sent u the text, maybe it could have been helpfull. security gurads now double as HR Personnel, u never no, u just never no

1 Like

Re: Disturbing Trends-1. by deeptouch: 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2008
sorry dude but u just saved urself even mo stress by leaving, getting past the reception is worse than the gatemen, i realy dont blame them its the instructions they get from the HR or the ogas themselves. they blieve if u cant book an appointment then ur story aint worth hearing, or better still man know man,
Re: Disturbing Trends-1. by edusegzy(m): 7:06am On Apr 11, 2008
ogasnow,
i quite understand what you are talking about but (i sincerely offer this as an advice and not in any way spiting you sir)may be you could try some good human relation.because whether we like it or not there will always be a gate man.So i think the earlier we find a friendly way of getting past them.make them feel like the king because they are.
just an advice
i wish you the best bro
Re: Disturbing Trends-1. by ogasnow: 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2008
Thanks y'all.
@simon seez
i did call the nos. and was told that i would be rescheduled but was further advised by an insider to go to hq and clarify the issue with them.
@deep touch
u def. right sir. however i go become bigman someday, no lonng thing.
@edusegzy
respect ur views sir but u how v.i is. the heat and traffic alone are bad. having ur intentions fd-up by people like them can be so so frustrating. not to forget the time and money spent from ur place. however ur point is noted. nagode.

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank 3rd Stage Interview,abuja? / Very Very Urgent Vacancy! / First Bank Is Recruiting:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.