Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Myopia Of Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Myopia Of Atheism (8777 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 25, 2013
ijawkid:

I know you would say alfaman failed even when deep down In you,you know he debunked the big bang theory....

I wait for the day when you would say the big bÀng was and is a failure..cheesy

I claim an intelligent designer formed the universe..I don't believe in random happenings......

Wow, you are very ignorant.

Cant waste time with you.

You should know that alfaman based his thread on reading some hoax about an open letter to scientists. He qlso rested it on the fact that the big bang made an overestimatiom of 80 million years. The ignoramus forgets that the calculations are already estimates in billions. 80 million is likemiscaculating the distance from lagos to delta by a thousand metres. Chicken change
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow, you are very ignorant.

Cant waste time with you.

You should know that alfaman based his thread on reading some hoax about an open letter to scientists. He qlso rested it on the fact that the big bang made an overestimatiom of 80 million years. The ignoramus forgets that the calculations are already estimates in billions. 80 million is likemiscaculating the distance from lagos to delta by a thousand metres. Chicken change

Too know too know......

You still dey do this thing?....

Go on that thread and argue with alfaman and let's see what you've got.......

Your own na to dey call him retorts hoax...

If your own na original go there and prove it,,,,.....after aLl na scientists dey feed aLl of ona with the garbage.....NO?.....
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Too know too know......

You still dey do this thing?....

Go on that thread and argue with alfaman and let's see what you've got.......

Your own na to dey call him retorts hoax...

If your own na original go there and prove it,,,,.....after aLl na scientists dey feed aLl of ona with the garbage.....NO?.....

The same scientists that gave you technology how to drill offshore oil, abi?

1 Like

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by manmustwac(m): 7:37am On Apr 25, 2013
Nice story or should I be saying nice fairytale but it dose not make sense to us who can deal with REALITY because babies can't form opinions & don't decide who their parents are going to be or whether their parents will be speaking hindu arabic mandarin or english at birth. They are all born with a clean slate free from religion crime etc
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 7:43am On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

The same scientists that gave you technology how to drill offshore oil, abi?

grin.......I know the technology involved in drilling oil offshore isn't garbage..but the big bang is...accept that fact and move on.......

Agree that somethings are full time garbage..........grin.......

Meanwhile na how the oil we dey drill take come??....

Ahhh!!!....yeah dead fossils that were stuck up in the ground for aeons of years brought about the oil we are drilling....na who create the materials wey decay and then result to the dead fossils wey we dey drill now??......

BIG BANG caused all of it abi?....

Yeye boy...angry
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 25, 2013
ijawkid:

grin.......I know the technology involved in drilling oil offshore isn't garbage..but the big bang is...accept that fact and move on.......

Agree that somethings are full time garbage..........grin.......

You have drilling company abi?

It makes no difference to me if the big bang is garbage or true as long as there is evidence to say so....you on the other hand are dying to make sure that it is false so that ur creator isnt threatened and your ridiculous creationism is left intact
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2013
manmustwac: Nice story or should I be saying nice fairytale but it dose not make sense to us who can deal with REALITY because babies can't form opinions & don't decide who their parents are going to be or whether their parents will be speaking hindu arabic mandarin or english at birth. They are all born with a clean slate free from religion crime etc

What realities are you dealing with that theists aren't dealing with too??.......
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by turnstoner(m): 7:57am On Apr 25, 2013
ijawkid:

What realities are you dealing with that theists aren't dealing with too??.......

The absence of heaven, hell and god. can you deal with it?
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2013
turnstoner:

The absence of heaven, hell and god. can you deal with it?

grin.........absence of heaven and GOD is really a tough one......I would have to be brainless to toe your path of oblivion.......

You guys aren't dealing with reality,you're just CONFUSED and REBELLIOUS....when you're tired you can come searching for GOD again.............

2 Likes

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 25, 2013
ijawkid:

grin.........absence of heaven and GOD is really a tough one......I would have to be brainless to toe your path of oblivion.......

You guys aren't dealing with reality,you're just CONFUSED and REBELLIOUS....when you're tired you can come searching for GOD again.............

So heaven and hell's reality? I thought it was based on faith..
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Can you show that heaven and hell are NOT mythical places?. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

*relaxes and eats popcorn while waiting for ijawkid to do the impossible*
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

*relaxes and eats popcorn while waiting for ijawkid to do the impossible*

mazaje:

You both know he's not going to give us an answer, right? He rarely does.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

Can you my good sir, show that heaven and hell ARE mythical places?

**Grabs a 'king-sized' pop-corn waiting for Mazaje to do the impossible**
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Fail.............

Hell cant fire and be a dark place. Logical contradiction

A loving god cant create hell. Logical contradiction
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail.............

Hell cant fire and be a dark place. Logical contradiction

A loving god cant create hell. Logical contradiction

Same way a good government can't create prison? undecided
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

What can be asserted without evidence deserve to be dismissed without evidence. . .The burden of proof is not on me. . .If you insist that heaven exist then its up to you to show me. . .There is NO evidence what so ever to show that human consciousness survives bodily death. . .Heaven and hell are mythical religious creations, just like the idea of reincarnation. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

What can be asserted without evidence deserve to be dismissed without evidence. . .The burden of proof is not on me. . .If you insist that heaven exist then its up to you to show me. . .There is NO evidence what so ever to show that human consciousness survives bodily death. . .Heaven and hell are mythical religious creations, just like the idea of reincarnation. . .

In the same way, I dismiss your assertion of no God without evidence!
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

The bold is so pretty...you don't even realize that you have made an assertion of your own.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Same way a good government can't create prison? undecided

Ah yes, the government confesses to be ever loving, perfectly good and perfectly just like Yahweh.

Or better yet, i remember that prisons have eternal inmates
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ah yes, the government confesses to be ever loving, perfectly good and perfectly just like Yahweh.

The bold is certainly your best phrase of the day...I guess your idea of 'just' is one who allows wrong doing without bringing the culprit to book.

Logicboy03:
Or better yet, i remember that prisons have eternal inmates

...and what do you call life in prison to the flesh?
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

In the same way, I dismiss your assertion of no God without evidence!

What is a god, to begin with?. . .And how does a god exist?. . .Pls explain to me what a god is and show me that it exist in reality. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

The bold is certainly your best phrase of the day...I guess your idea of 'just' is one who allows wrong doing without bringing the culprit to book.

...and what do you call life in prison to the flesh?

Fail
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail

[size=25pt]'FAILEST'!!![/size]
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

What is a god, to begin with?. . .And how does a god exist?. . .Pls explain to me what a god is and show me that it exist in reality. . .

No problem man! While I am at it, can you also show us how God does not exist by your book?
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

No problem man! While I am at it, can you also show us how God does not exist by your book?

The god hypothesis is a testable one, it is a scientific hypothesis if it is true. . .tell me what god is and show how it exist in reality, then I will show you that it doesn't because i should be able to test it and verify if it exist or not. . .Go ahead , take show your shot. . tell me what a god is and show how it exist. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

The god hypothesis is a testable one, it is a scientific hypothesis if it is true. . .tell me what god is and show how it exist in reality, then I will show you that it doesn't because i should be able to test it and verify if it exist or not. . .Go ahead , take show your shot. . tell me what a god is and show how it exist. . .

I have an assertion: God exists!

You have an assertion: God does not exist!

You ask me to prove mine, I did not object but when I ask us to do it simultaneously; you come back to ask me to show you my answer first before you start your proof? undecided
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

I have an assertion: God exists!

You have an assertion: God does not exist!

You ask me to prove mine, I did not object but when I ask us to do it simultaneously; you come back to ask me to show you my answer first before you start your proof? undecided

God exist?. . .OK, Show me that god exist, simple. . .What objective evidence can you provide to show that your god exist?. . .I say god does not exist because you can not provide any objective evidence to show that god exist, you are asserting without evidence, and your assertion needs to be dismissed without evidence as well. . .Its simple. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

God exist?. . .OK, Show me that god exist, simple. . .What objective evidence can you provide to show that your god exist?. . .I say god does not exist because you can not provide any objective evidence to show that god exist, you are asserting without evidence, and your assertion needs to be dismissed without evidence as well. . .Its simple. . .

Your proof is based on the fact that I have not provided you an objective evidence that he exists?...and you believe this is the scientific method? This is your argument:

Striktlymi believes the Earth is spherical...

Striktlymi does not have the means to prove this...

Therefore the Earth is not spherical...

Is the above logical or fallacious? It is obvious that your conclusion of a non-existent God does not befriend logic.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Your proof is based on the fact that I have not provided you an objective evidence that he exists?...and you believe this is the scientific method? This is your argument:

Striktlymi believes the Earth is spherical...

Striktlymi does not have the means to prove this...

Therefore the Earth is not spherical...

Is the above logical or fallacious? It is obvious that your conclusion of a non-existent God does not befriend logic.

When you make an asseertion like god exists then it becomes a scientific assertion that can be testable. . .You can test for the existence of things that exist period. . . .

My argument does NOT go as you presented in your analogy. . .

Your analogy is a fallacy because you can NOT believe that the earth is spherical without having an evidence for it. . .There MUST be a reason and some form of evidence weather right or wrong as to why you believe the earth is spherical. . .You can not just conclude based on nothing, so your analogy fails and falls flat. . .

I repeat, what is a god and how does it exist?. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

When you make an asseertion like god exists then it becomes a scientific assertion that can be testable. . .You can test for the existence of things that exist period. . . .

You hold an assertion of your own that you are yet to prove. Whether you say God exists or he does not exist...both are assertions and should be subjected to the scientific process.

mazaje:
My argument does NOT go as you presented in your analogy. . .

Now the above is demonstrably false unless you want to tell us that the following comment was not made by you:

mazaje:

. . .I say god does not exist because you can not provide any objective evidence to show that god exist,. . .

My 'analogy' flows directly from the comment you made above.

mazaje:
Your analogy is a fallacy because you can NOT believe that the earth is spherical without having an evidence for it. . .

Now the above is very funny...you fail to realize that the scientific process does not start with evidence...evidence gathering is the final stage in that process...a lot of scientific theories and laws today started out as simple beliefs which people decided to test for its validity.

mazaje:
There MUST be a reason and some form of evidence weather right or wrong as to why you believe the earth is spherical. . .You can not just conclude based on nothing, so your analogy fails and falls flat. . .

My analogy is based on your argument and I am happy that you realize that it does not make sense.

mazaje:
I repeat, what is a god and how does it exist?. . .

...and I repeat, show us how God does not exist.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

You hold an assertion of your own that you are yet to prove. Whether you say God exists or he does not exist...both are assertions and should be subjected to the scientific process.

I say god does not exist because all gods are man made. . .The idea of god evolved from ancient people and their superstitions, even today we still have people creating gods, example the god Xenu of scientology. . .It was created not long ago and the god has millions of worshipers the world over. . .It is a proven fact through history and anthropology that gods and religions are man made. . .Pls point to any god that exist on its own without human influence. . .

Now the above is demonstrably false unless you want to tell us that the following comment was not made by you:

My 'analogy' flows directly from the comment you made above.

Granted, i didn't actually express myself they way I would have loved to. . .

Now the above is very funny...you fail to realize that the scientific process does not start with evidence...evidence gathering is the final stage in that process...a lot of scientific theories and laws today started out as simple beliefs which people decided to test for its validity.

Granted, but god is a testable hypothesis. . .That is why i asked you to define what god is and show how it exist then we can test and see if its true or not. . .

...and I repeat, show us how God does not exist.

Because god is a man made idea and conception, as such no god can be shown to exist on its own independent of what men chose to write about such a god, say about such a god, accept about such a god and do for such a god. . .if you know any god that exist independent of human conception and creation then point to it. . .We can begin with the bible , if you want. . .is the bible the word of god?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians / Lagos Church Organises Free Medical Check-up For All Her Members Today (PHOTOS) / Kinds Of Spiritual Garments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.