Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? (31058 Views)

Anyone Old Enough To Remember These Indian Movies? / Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Ignatio(m): 4:47pm On May 03, 2013
Afam4eva: The Promise(Sunita)

Sunita na ebakwa, mma ya nasi ya ndo

Nwanne you be correct 042 guy. Those lyrics were formed there.

trolling: Sing with me doesi numberi hey hey doesi numberi

Number 10!
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by wonder05: 5:02pm On May 03, 2013
d burning train
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Burger01(m): 5:21pm On May 03, 2013
TERIMANBANIYAN!! Hanhan! That sounds like naija yoruba movie tittle.

Well, only Indian film that atleast made my eyes misty with tears was 'Mother India'. Damn! That movie na 'cry me rivers'

sad
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by dramendra: 5:31pm On May 03, 2013
Nagin the Snake Girl.

For me the best indian film is Nagin the snake girl, it makes me cry even now, because somehow the Snake girl was hurt and seek revenge, am still trying to find a match for such a love and intriging film.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by scampy(m): 6:01pm On May 03, 2013
coogar: sholay is the best indian movie ever made!

I disagree wit u cos TERIMANBANIYA beats Sholay anytime, anyday.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by philc334: 6:13pm On May 03, 2013
omar22:

TERIMANBANIYAN-release date(28th July 1985)
Duration(2hrs:45mins)

Mother India

Gazab

Sholay

Share yours!
if u watch mother India again u still can't help crying
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by fonssy(f): 6:38pm On May 03, 2013
Terimanbaniyan
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by otenku: 6:55pm On May 03, 2013
What about DON?
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Princessaleeza: 6:55pm On May 03, 2013
Mr India make me cry then in 80's $ Terimabania
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by bankyblue(m): 7:02pm On May 03, 2013
50-50 was my best Indian film
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by otenku: 7:02pm On May 03, 2013
U remember these wrestlers?: Mighty Igor,Mill Mascaras,Argentina Apollo,Ivan kollof,Ariba luis Martinez,Erick d red,Bull dog,The Mongos,Tex Mckenzi,Dino bravo nd Sino Brito............Good old days.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Princessaleeza: 7:07pm On May 03, 2013
Daram $ via,I don't really get d spelling sha,but both of dem re twins.I.can remember d film very well now.
Pidivine: please who can remember me of the name of that indian film where a FALCON bird saved a child that fell from the window?
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by prince4pro(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2013
Gush I wish I can see mard to wash again ,dat movie can never leave my mind
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by sigba(f): 7:27pm On May 03, 2013
I cant remember their tittles but i can rememberd songs.
Jimmy.... Acha.. Jimmy.. Achha
Jamina...
I am a disco dancer, tarararan...
Sunita n'ebe akwa...
Too numerous to mention joor.. Good old memories flooding back.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by magabounce(m): 8:06pm On May 03, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: Yeh Vah Dah Raha

Disco Dancer

Dharam-Veer

Toofan

Mard

P.S; Just for the record, I didn't cry or shed any tears in any of the listed movies but they were touching enough for them to stay in my mind till this very day.
my best eva... Disco dancer
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by bjstardom(m): 8:14pm On May 03, 2013
Wow!!! G☺☺d old days, if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ watch mard Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ a̶̲̥̅̊r̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ gonna shed emotional tears!!!! I remember sholay, mard, nagin, ghazab, toofan and dat notorious criminal Ghabbazin!!!![s]Wow!!! G☺☺d old days, if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ watch mard Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ a̶̲̥̅̊r̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ gonna shed emotional tears!!!! I remember sholay, mard, nagin, ghazab, toofan and dat notorious criminal Ghabbazin!!!![/s]Wow!!! G☺☺d old days, if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ watch mard Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ a̶̲̥̅̊r̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ gonna shed emotional tears!!!! I remember sholay, mard, nagin, ghazab, toofan and dat notorious criminal Ghabbazin!!!!
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by PassionD(f): 8:30pm On May 03, 2013
Phinalphantasy: Of d recent ones, go n watch mohabbatein, release date 2000. U wii cry

That movie made me cry like a baby. Sharuh Khan and Amitabh aя̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥. Just too good. It's. My best till 2moro. Wǎ̜̣̍τ̲̅. Abt Kuch Kuch Hota Hei?? Anybody seen that?
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by kardoso(m): 8:33pm On May 03, 2013
Man I'll never forget" promise". That's my movie any time any day. I wishing time could just role back to those days.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Biafradiplomat: 8:52pm On May 03, 2013
candygosh: I remembered toofan
Yep, watched it too, in the early 90s at a neigbors place and it was so interesting that we forgot it was already late in the evening and mum smacked us. Oh good old times!
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 03, 2013
Jeetkool:
They are three brothers AMAR, AKBAR and ANTONY
Pls what's the title?
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by oderemo(m): 9:19pm On May 03, 2013
armar , akba, antony . anytym. that film will never die.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 03, 2013
Never mind.. I fink dats the Title.. Just googled it
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Bofemsky(f): 9:46pm On May 03, 2013
lola.luv:
I've seen these classics....

Mard
Burning Train
Teri Mebaniyan
The Promise
Disco Dancer
Toofan
Mother India
Najin the snake girl.

Then there was one where a rich guy was murdered for his wealth and he tried communicating with his bro to no avail.

His ghost later entered his brother's body when he was about to be killed and gave him strength to escape.

There's this other one that the girl was disfigured on one part of her face.

And the boss that was to be feared was always Mogambo with his wild moustache.
The one with the dead twin brother is "GHAZAL"
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Bofemsky(f): 9:49pm On May 03, 2013
I remember "Jugunu, Amar, Akbar, Anthony, Nagin"
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Afam4eva(m): 10:00pm On May 03, 2013
otenku: What about DON?
DON is a new movie and it doesn't make you cry except you're a cry baby.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Afam4eva(m): 10:02pm On May 03, 2013
I think Ghatak starring Sunny Deol was also good. But it was a 90s movie though.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by afosdan: 10:07pm On May 03, 2013
MARD
THE BURNING TRAIN
DISCO DANCER
AMAR,AKUBAR,ANTHONY
TOOFAN
These are the movies that make cry like most especially mard and the burniing train.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Toble: 10:10pm On May 03, 2013
Yea...there is this particular indian movie can't remember the title..where the a pretty lady admired by guys carelessly pour hot oil unto her own face
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Toble: 10:12pm On May 03, 2013
Yea...there is this particular indian movie can't remember the title..where the a pretty lady admired by guys carelessly pour hot oil unto her own face on her birthday..
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by shumax: 10:16pm On May 03, 2013
Yeh Va da raha (sunita)
Jawaani
Mr India
the Number 10 i think desi numberi
and love in tokyo
these movies touched my heart
and these thread bringing strong nostalgic feelings
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by shumax: 10:17pm On May 03, 2013
trolling: Sing with me doesi numberi hey hey doesi numberi
loved this movie too
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by babaowo: 10:37pm On May 03, 2013
mymz: well, i didn't cry per se but momsi had all of these back then and cried every single time she watched any of them. there was even a day i gave out her terimeribaniyan to a neighbor friend and the yeye girl misplaced it. Momsi almost cooked me with words that day. cry

Jawani
Terimeribaniyan
The promise
Dar am veer
Ghazap
Toofan
Shoolay
Mard
...... your mother must be staff in cinema house then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Inside Life: Erica To Launch New Reality TV Series On MTV Base / BBNaija: CeeC "Other Housemates Were Drinking, Thinking I’ve Been Evicted" / Genevieve Hosts "Gulder Ultimate Search Celebrity Showdown"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.