Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial (24178 Views)

Mobile Number Portability (MNP), What You Need To Know. / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by nuwell(m): 8:08am On Apr 23, 2013
Hey folks,
I saw the new MTN television commercial for the recently activated number portability scheme, for the first time, yesterday and I couldn't suppress a smile at some of the 'interesting' messages in it.

Here's a brief of my observations:

* Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka, appears to be the ambassador for this campaign. He was popular with the Etisalat brand and it seemed his loyalty to that brand was unquestionable. In this commercial, he is systematically unveiled as he sings the theme song, with emphasis (to my mind) on 'I don port o... to MTN.' That definitely cracked me up. I'm certain his Etisalat days are over. I doubt we'll be seeing 'Saka' in any other adverts for Etisalat except to demonstrate how number portability enables him to 'dump' MTN 90 days later, due to unsatisfactory services (or contract terms). (hahaha)

* Next, judging by the speed with which advert was released, MTN takes the bull by the horns, confident that this scheme is more favourable to them than their competitors. I can't imagine how long they took to woo Mr. Saka for this one.

All in all, the TVC is hilarious.

Check out the video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUVdnzC19oU.
Like someone commented, 'Saka sef don port. Wetin you dey wait for?' lol

Did you observe any other or similar nuances? Share.
Thanks

(c)www.nu-well..com

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by hustla(m): 8:54am On Apr 23, 2013
First time I will b d first to comment...
i want to.say thank u to my Oga at the top; Seun Osewa,Saka, the OP,my Mommy,My Daddy, My Brother and My Sister for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the first to comment..
i also want.to.thank the makers of Tecno N3,MTN for the Blackberry BIS i am browsing with..

thank u thank uu!!

cheesy cheesy

74 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by outrage: 8:55am On Apr 23, 2013
Sometimes some more important things should make the front page.

Mods

https://www.nairaland.com/1266551/mtn-increased-call-tariff

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by semid4lyfe(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2013
^^^^

I don talk am before. Of all the telcos wey dey Naija, na MTN get business sense pass

Feeling the advert. . . . .

6 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by sammyyoung2(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Wetin konshine u....if saka like, make he port enter MTEL sef....me, I 4.ck.in Need a JOB

6 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by nissparts(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Interesting
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Okijajuju1(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2013
ok
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 23, 2013
Highest bidder

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by BlackPeni5: 8:57am On Apr 23, 2013
cheesy
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by lukaino(m): 8:58am On Apr 23, 2013
Thank God for number portability.
we can now have the opportunity of dumping MTN for always taking and not giving grin

10 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by laidback(m): 8:59am On Apr 23, 2013
What a weak advert. MTN was in a hurry as usual. They know Etisalat is the preferred carrier right now...

17 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2013
Mtn ke?

Na airtel and etisalat go port customers pass jor.

6 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by dxplicit: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2013
irst to port grin
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Yubee40(m): 8:59am On Apr 23, 2013
Lovely and @d same time hilarious..So Saka Sold out!!!Mayb Etisalat will go get Davido!!

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by nawtyme: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2013
If Saka actually did an advert for MTN, then thats too un professional. And i dont think his services will be needed by other firms in terms of adverts. I used to like him, but this act is just too bad. Bunch of back stabbers.

10 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by walcolm(m): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2013
cheesy

got to give it to MTN...this is a major coup....nice one

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2013
CELEBS IN NAIJA ARE NOW CONDUITS FOR BRANDING. THE BEAST HAS TAKEN OVER. GO OUT AND BUY BUY BUY BUY CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by walcolm(m): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2013
did you guys notice his clothes was greenish when his back was showing and it was yellow when he turned around? straight up sticking it to Etisalat

6 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by ifyalways(f): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2013
LOLX

Saka dey vex oh. It's all about the Benjamins mehn.
Feeling the advert.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by CastleandGreen: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2013
who cares.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2013
Space booked
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by EzePromoe: 9:04am On Apr 23, 2013
This is not a minor issue looking from a businessman perspective. Saka betrayed etisalat as a whole by that, so i'll advice etisalat to go for a revenge and get Osuofia and Mama G to do the same.

11 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by NEROSKY(m): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2013
Saaaaaakaaa!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by georjay(m): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2013
na MTN go lose customer pass oooo

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by walcolm(m): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: This is not a minor issue looking from a businessman perspective. Saka betrayed etisalat as a whole by that, so i'll advice etisalat to go for a revenge and get Osuofia and Mama G to do the same.

when its all said and done, the celebrities will be the richer for it

i'm sure there would be a mad scrmable for advert spaces by lots of disgruntled Glo ambassadors
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by driand(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2013
.in my professional opinion, i would rather be remain with eti dan be enslaved to mtn..... As for saka his's well on his way to make more millions after anoda 90 days..... He just went to perfect his etisalat deal.... F.ck mtn, dey are now ready to loose 25million customers within d next 6 months, i'll be loving dis....

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by dulaman: 9:07am On Apr 23, 2013
Please how does this 'portability' works? Dont seem to understand it.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Leopantro: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2013
Must have paid him very well, when the sign "Switch to mtn" comes up the guy was really rocking it.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by lightheart(m): 9:09am On Apr 23, 2013
. I doubt we'll be seeing 'Saka' in any other adverts for Etisalat except to demonstrate how number portability enables him to 'dump' MTN 90 days later, due to unsatisfactory services (or contract terms). (hahaha)
[/quote]

This would be so perfect!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by EzePromoe: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2013
walcolm:

when its all said and done, the celebrities will be the richer for it

i'm sure there would be a mad scrmable for advert spaces by lots of disgruntled Glo ambassadors
I see glo being phased out in the future if they aren't careful.
Glo has the poorest service as at now, not their fault at all. That's how you know a Nigerian brand cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by inspiredm(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2013
The First Few Seconds of the Video Was a Sly Dig to Glo & Etisalat, The Color of the Dress was an Intentional Blow to GLO & Etisalat.

I remember @ SAKA Had done Previous Adverts for GLO & Etisalat.

MTN Get Nice Concept Sha
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by dammytosh: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: This is not a minor issue looking from a businessman perspective. Saka betrayed etisalat as a whole by that, so i'll advice etisalat to go for a revenge and get Osuofia and Mama G to do the same.

I appreciate the concept but Etisalat should have matched the Money for money. Allowing your brand ambassador go else where at this critical time is not called for. This advert will have a psychological effect on a lot of low level users who only care about calling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blackberry Bold 10[picture] / Which Phone Can I Get Budget 60 To 70k / House Of Assembly Member Goes "Crazy" Because Of The Tecno Camon Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.