Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Tell Us About The City Where You Live - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (160556 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by ruthlopez2(f): 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2009
Hi dear

I live at Spain & the City name is Barcelona.

Its a great city.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:54am On Feb 05, 2009
I live in Kuala Lumpur City. Its one of the most beautiful city in south pacific Asia. Its also home to the famous petronas towers and a lot of shopping malls abound its streets, making it a shopping paradise and experience for shopaholics.

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:13am On Feb 05, 2009
Kuala Lumpur City skyline at night.

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by babycool(f): 11:34am On Feb 05, 2009
Wow! Thonia

All I can say is that I live in Cambridge UK, its a quiet and lovely city and very organised, though but it snows now and that makes it, cold, cold cold!  tongue

Sorry, couldnt download any pictures because the files are too large.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by follypimpi(m): 3:49am On Feb 06, 2009
I live in Birmingham in UK,is 2nd largest city after london,is pretty cool we ve got broad streets for clubbing,Bullring shopping centers with the BULL statue representing b'ham to the fullness.Will post cum pic soon.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by chika98: 1:36am On Feb 08, 2009
I live somewhere in North America. The weather here in the winter is brutal and should be illegal. We are a quite bunch here and I like it that way. We sometimes dip in -35degrees.BUT it is home so we like it that way. Ice fishing anyone? grin
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by blackspade(m): 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2009
I live in Los Angeles, California.

The city is pretty famous, and is synonymous with Hollywood (since it's in the city limits). The city is very organized, and is home to people from all over the world.

The most dominant group here by far are Mexicans, but the city is still extremely diverse. Nigerians are about 50,000 in population, spread throughout the city limits, and suburbs (but rapidly growing).

Cost of living here can be expensive- depending on where you live. Since this whole financial crisis, the cost of living has went down tremendously, but still, in some places prices are ridiculous.

For more information and pictures, visit my thread "Discover Los Angeles". https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-181875.64.html

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 23, 2009
paris the city of light

paris c'est l'amour et glamour
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by hamlak(m): 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2009
I live in Accra, Ghana.

This is a very peaceful and quiet City.

This is what I like about the City.

I can come out around 12 midnight to get fresh air. This is something
i was not doing in Lagos, Nigeria.

By the way, how is Lagos now?

Sometimes I remember how we use to live in LAGOS - the HUSTLING, PUSHING, SHOVING, etc.
Hope it is no more like that.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by ishekinah1(m): 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2009
@ GILGEE
I love those India pics you. I will like to come over to india to study in Kolkata].

I won't mind if you can give informations about how economy and cost of living over there is like.

You can send your reply to allthingsarepossible07@yahoo.com

Thanks for responding.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by IGWEUSA(m): 1:55am On Feb 28, 2009
Here is Seattle, the home of microsoft. Has one of the best weather in the US.

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by ToToChoper: 1:22am On Mar 01, 2009
@IGWE.
Y'all love that Space needle in Seattle, WA

Visited friends at Queen Anne during a trip from Nigeria and toured the Pike place market (good fresh fish), Safeco field----finally winded up clubbing at the Bohemian. I love the city besides the steep downtown area.

IGWE_USA:

Here is Seattle, the home of microsoft. Has one of the best weather in the US.

Best weather It is said that the constant rain in Seattle is the reason behind the high suicide rates for the city.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by bjluv: 2:07am On Mar 01, 2009
@almondjoy, what a great city you live in but, how do you cope with over 40 degree celsius shocked I was in Las Vegas last August and the heat was OH-MY-GOD shocked shocked
@blackspade, LA isnt bad at all. Nice city, drove into LA str8 to the market area very near downtown and all I could see are those mexicano chop or lets say foreign shops. If i didnt drive away as fast as I could from that area, I would have thought that was the whole of LA grin
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by bluespice(f): 1:04am On Mar 07, 2009
live in Dubai and Damascus
both contrasting cities
Damascus being the oldest continally inhabited city in the world
yes the Damascus of bible times is the same Damascus,
and Dubai the fastest growing city in the mid-east
love both of them tho
am too lazy to post any pics
but those pics of dubai do no justice whatsoever to the beauty and fakeness of Dubai
yeah its joke among dubai residents every thing in dubai is artificial
from the nose to the flowers tongue
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Udode(f): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2009
@jookco

I live in Zürich (Switzelrand) but I am coming to see ABA in three weeks! can u tell me more? I only heard good stuff about ur city
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Abiodun92(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2009
I Live in Helsinki, Finland. cheesy

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by OneOff1(m): 11:54pm On Mar 11, 2009
I live in Den Haag (okay, The Hague in English) in the Netherlands. It is a very international city due to the many International bodies headquartered here,most famous (probably) being the International Court of Justice. Will post pictures at some point. I would like to know if anyone knows Nigerian/African bikers living in the vicinity. Yes motorcycles , I ride that as my preferred means of transport and for pleasure. I am able to explore most of Europe that way. I currently ride alone so would not mind hooking up with other riders in the area.
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by SeanT21(f): 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2009
Charlotte,NC

~~The headquaters of Bank of America and Wachovia~~

~~Large percentage of Liberians~~

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by osisi2(f): 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2009
I live in Naija

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by babycool(f): 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2009
Choi! I no fit laugh! grin grin grin
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by shushu(f): 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2009
ABERDEEN
The granite city.Known for its oil, the famous north sea and its beautiful and unspoilt nature-in the countryside and some parts of the city.because majority of its buildings are granite , the city tends to have a depressing grayness to it, add the bad weather,few sunny days and bingo, you get the idea.
People are very friendly - the older folks usually will stop you to have a chat, give you a lift etc.

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by ruthlopez2(f): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2009
Hello dear,

My Name is Ruth Lopez & live at Madrid.

Madrid is the Capital of Spain & this is very good & nice City.

Thanks

cool
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by nycbaby: 7:16am On Mar 22, 2009
i live in brooklyn, nyc born and raised, i have lived in other cities but nyc is the best. such diversity, great food, fashion and entertainment. grin grin

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by demmo: 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2009
Jakarta is the capitol city of Indonesia, the main city is 1 hours drive to the International Airport,Soekarno-Hatta (CGK, I came here 3 months Ago from Seoul S.K, the cheapest hotel is located in (Kali pasir cikini) its cost 150.000. ruppiah. (15 u.s.d) the main place to find African dishes is in (Tanabang).

where to meet Africans is Jalan jaksa. Jakarta is a beautiful city, but not compare to South Koreas capitol Seoul.its weather is nice and its people are friendly,but the babe here like dudu too much, so becareful if you fall in love here, you might end up not going home again. LOL
Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Abagworo(m): 11:16pm On Mar 22, 2009
I have some pix of naija level of cities.outside Lagos and Abuja.Here is a street scene in Aba

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Abagworo(m): 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2009
Rumuola Port Harcourt

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On Mar 22, 2009
1]Owerri from Concorde Hotel
2]View of Okpu l'umuobo,Aba

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Abagworo(m): 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2009
LDS Temple,Aba

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Mar 23, 2009
Aba town from air

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Epi: 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2009
New York - Old Yankee Stadium/ New Yankee Stadium

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Epi: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2009
YS Gate 4 and the finishing touch

Re: Tell Us About The City Where You Live by Epi: 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2009
24 days to opening
A flyer of Ming on the New Stadium

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.