Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him (45150 Views)

Gumsu Sani-Abacha Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock, Gets A Peck From Zahra (Pics) / Checkout Sani Abacha's Signature (snapshot) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by slimfit1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
alkadriyar: Is he coming back for 2015?

I would vote for him still
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
RIP Abacha. Your govt was more better than PDP. Since ur death politicians have taken nigeria hostage. We miss you and we need a patriotic man like you as president.

Who e dey pain make him hug transformer...

5 Likes

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by 2morrow: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
@iyaniwura, could please send the full story to my email: segunijele@yahoo.com

thank you
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by ccgold(m): 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dear Iyaniwura,

The full details have been removed from the page. I am interested please.
Can you kindly forward to my mail ccogbu2000@yahoo.com?
Regards
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by oderemo(m): 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
distribute inc.:

will you live forever...think before you post.
what this man has achieved no member of your lineage or generation can ever achieve 10percent of it-till the end of time.
u probably were abroad in lome or togo when this animal was ruling nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by mu2sa2: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
Abacha remains an hero despite effort of tribalists and fake democrats to tarnish his name. RIP, the most patriotic national leader of nigeria so far.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Built2last: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Enigmatic indeed
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Decryptor(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
ccgold: Dear Iyaniwura,

The full details have been removed from the page. I am interested please.
Can you kindly forward to my mail ccogbu2000@yahoo.com?
Regards
Why won't it be removed? If it were that good-for-nothing OBJ, they'd leave it. Rabbishhh
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by olawaleacc: 6:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
Do u know that the man that u are instigating against as far as nigeria economy is concerned is the best president(both military and civilian govt) that nigeria wil ever had then. The economy was stable.can u just tel me ever since nigeria became a state, is there is any president(both military and civillian) that u compare with abacha regime

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by idupaul: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
Iyaniwura .. I must commend U for ur very jovial , entertaining and seriously addictive style of writing, I have read all the Bios U have done word for word just because of your Ice cream style of writing .. Big UP
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by tigonana: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
drkay: I can't jez imagine the fate of Nigerians in the hand of this Man if he had the opportunity to live for extra 10yrs.
una go dey eat free food evryday.

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by idupaul: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
It was only during Abacha Govt that the Price of Star Lager Beer ever dropped in price , dropping from 60 naira to 45 naira..that must say a lot about the guy
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by vislabraye(m): 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
I don't think BH would have surfaced during his time. During his time, soldiers were terror.
If you happened to come from the North and joined the military, your own don better.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
berem: So shall it be unto you in Jesus name!
lmaoooo she aff take it P..
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by lokojay89(m): 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: -INTRODUCTION

What if I tell you that General SANINEGERIA MOHAMMED ABACHA, the most popular Kanuri person in the world was regarded as the most patient man on earth? My Mum, the Ogidi herself never forgets her airport encounter with him, she was thoroughly stupefied at his height. It was fifteen years ago. A man of diminutive stature (5ft, 4inches). A man of fire, iron and steel, the General lorded absolute power and unbridled authority over 120 million souls.

Get the full gist here: http://.com/sani-abacha-nigerias-most-enigmatic-ruler/

Not even Generals dare cross his path. Those who did, knelt and wept before him while he offered them tissue paper to wipe their salty tears. Not even a plea from the Pope could melt his heart. Mandela begged him to no avail. No one messed with Abacha. He was gentle. Listening. Cunning. Daring. Attentive. Dangerous. Brave. Brutal. When an American ambassador was irritating the late maximum tyrant, he almost paid with his life. But who was SANI ABACHA, Nigeria's most enigmatic ruler, and the first head of state to die in office without violence (a man of many firsts as you will soon see)? Why and how he almost blew General Diya out of existence? Why his last son was shot in 2011? His links with America's most secretive Christian group, Boko Haram and Imam Abubakar Shekau, its leader and Nigeria's most wanted man? And many more...

Known to many as an incorrigible kleptomaniac who will stop at nothing to succeed himself in power, invites you on a spellbinding journey into the rise, rise and fall of the dictator and lawn tennis lover whom IBB called the Khalifa. When IBB was leaving the 'throne', he retired all the service chiefs with the exception of this man: Sani Abacha. Adjust your chair, stretch your legs and let's learn more about the gripping story of a soldier of audacious strategies who proudly bore his Kanuri tribal marks beneath the darkest of goggles.

OVERVIEW

-EARLY DAYS & SCHOOLING

--CAREER & COUPS

--PERSONALS, MARRIAGE, FAMILY & CHILDREN

-AS HEAD OF STATE: CABINET & PRESIDENTIAL STAFF, HIS FIRST LADY, OPPOSITION, SUPPORT, FOREIGN POLICIES ETC

-ACHIEVEMENTS, ACTIVITIES & EVENTS UNDER ABACHA

-INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT HIM

-CORRUPTION

-DEATH

-AFTERMATH AND LEGACIES

-QUOTES (His Words) & What Others Say About Him

-EARLY DAYS & SCHOOLING
Unlike other leaders who had 'humble' backgrounds, Abacha was not born into squalid poverty. As a matter of fact, his was a prosperous family with his father owning a successful trucking business in Kano State. The family which migrated to Kano in search of greener pastures, also had a bakery they named 'Canteen Abacha'.

-A Kanuri man (Abacha is NOT Hausa or Fulani, that is quite important as some people tend to lump the entire north together as 'Hausa-Fulani' bloc, Hausa is not Fulani and vice versa), he was born in Borno State on a Monday, the 20th September, 1943, grew up in Kano and blended so well that he lies in the soil of the ancient city after he gave up the ghost on another Monday half a century later. His father was positioning him to take over the family's bread baking business and he ensured he got a good education so as to stem the tide of illiteracy in the family although young Sani would be notorious for his truancy rather than astronomical academic wizardry. At about the same time, the late Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello, was promoting a 'northernization' campaign which saw the influx of many eager and enthusiastic lads into the military and other institutions. One of them was a Kanuri boy. Sani.

-City Senior Primary School, Kano.

-Kano Provincial Secondary School (finished in 1957).

-Government College, Kano (1957-1962), now called Rumfa College.

-Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) (now called the Nigerian Defence Academy, NDA), Zaria, Kaduna State (1962-1963).

-Mons Defence Officers Cadet Training College, Aldershot, England.

While a student his academic exploits become murky as some reports indicate that the former Nigerian ruler did not graduate from high school before proceeding to NMTC. The intellectual height and the depth of Abacha’s sagacity is a subject of intense debate with colleagues like General Olusegun Obasanjo dismissing him a dull personality, an ‘expendable brute not expected to rise beyond the rank of a warrant officer.’

Some even cited his not attending Sandhurst Royal Military Academy as evidence of an intrinsic lack of intelligence. But Abacha had a way of stupefying his opponents and those who underestimated him. He eventually became the Commander-in-Chief of the world’s most populous black nation. That doesn’t sound like what a stupid dimwit can achieve.

-CAREER & COUPS

Here is an overview of Abacha’s rise through the ranks in the Nigerian Army:

-Commissioned as 2nd Lieutenant: 1963 -Lieutenant: 1966 -Captain: 1967 -Platoon and Battalion Commander, Training Department, Commander, 2nd Infantry Division, Major: 1969 -Lieutenant Colonel: 1972 -Commanding Officer, 2nd Infantry Brigade, Colonel: 1975 -Brigadier: 1980

(Iyaniwura)
Please the full story is not in your site. Please can you send the link to my mail- ajayiolalekan45@gmail.com
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
Everything you need to know about him is on google, why are you guyz acting like illiterates.. Yuck!
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ijogz K: Everything you need to know about him is on google, why are you guyz acting like illiterates.. Yuck!

3 Likes

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by prettyboi1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
Abacha....the man,the boss. Like it or hate it,one thing that can't be denied is: this man commanded authority. Even America trembled at his authority.

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by SailorXY: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
5ft4in?? How the hell was he recruited? He didn't even clear the minimum height requirement undecided
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by prettyboi1(m): 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
berem: 5ft 4inches? Is that tall or short?
A man of fire,iron and steel bla bla..... bullshit,where has it landed him? 6 feet below. smh

anyway, nice write up Iyaniwura.
Berem,you of all people...how you go talk like this? Everyone would eventually die so I think it's pride for one to die in bravery rather than in cowardice. Abacha to me died a brave man regardless of whether people liked or hated him.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Inik(m): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
I can"t believe i wasted my valuable time to read the full article on the site. Now i am more angry, sad and depressed than i was when i sited this topic on the front page. May the soul of the tyrant and kleptomaniac man called Abacha keep on burning in the hottest part of hell!! angry angry angry
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Marineetyon(m): 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
distribute inc.:

what this man has achieved no member of your lineage or generation can ever achieve 10percent of it-till the end of time.
a reasonable man would not want his family to achieve hell that burns with fire and brime stone.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
And you expect me to read all of that rubbish?
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by victorD3: 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
A former killer will surely be a hero to any northerner. Btw has his family returned all the money he stole?
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by AMvanquish: 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
Funny! He's still a hero up north. smiley and still tot of nicely years after his passing.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by AMvanquish: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
And I'm very sure if it was his time BH, Militancy, kidnapping ETC would all be flushed out. That man no dey take any Bulls#it. angry

2 Likes

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by kilmix: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: Please check your mail. Link sent. Thanks a lot.
Please send full details to my mail sir. Thanks a lot.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by AMvanquish: 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
victorD3: A former killer will surely be a hero to any northerner. Btw has his family returned all the money he stole?

Can u xplain pls?
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
[size=18pt]Abacha was one of best leaders Nigeria ever had.

Forget malicious propaganda against him and research his performance, economically, foreign policy /regional influence, sporting achievement.

Once you do your research, you will realise how the enemies of Nigeria has deceived Nigerians.

Even the so-called "Abacha Loot" was never linked to Abacha it was just another elaborate scam to add credence to the lie that Abacha was a looter.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nicepoker(m): 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
distribute inc.:

another ram. U must be a criminal as well
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by prettyboi1(m): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Abacha was one of best leaders Nigeria ever had.

Forget malicious propaganda against him and research his performance, economically, foreign policy /regional influence, sporting achievement.

Once you do your research, you will realise how the enemies of Nigeria has deceived Nigerians.

Even the so-called "Abacha Loot" was never linked to Abacha it was just another elaborate scam to add credence to the lie that Abacha was a looter.[/size]
What I like about you the most is your objectivity & the fact that you try to never be biased even if you don't like something or someone. That's a very rare trait in most Nigerians. Most Nigerians enjoy being biased & sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by 360command: 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
Do you know that : No matter how broke the Abacha family are, they can never be as poor as Dangote !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning / #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old / Buba Galadima & Son, Sadiq Galadimma, Involved In Car Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.