Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Feminism. Ay Or nay? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism. Ay Or nay? (2502 Views)

Public Display Of Affection (pda),yay Or Nay? / Yay Or Nay? Bridesmaids Flashing Their Butts In Wedding Photos / 7 Ways Feminism Is Destroying American Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by MrsChima(f): 11:41am On Apr 27, 2013
fresh_dude: Ok, then. I accept.

Good boy.
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Good boy.
Can I go out and play now?
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by MrsChima(f): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
fresh_dude: Can I go out and play now?

Depending on where you want to play? tongue
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
HOnestly, the ladies here are just missing the point. cheesy

I can understand that America has made feminism into the vocation of old, bittered and unattractive women. Nonetheless, these same feminists charted the paths you guys now tread and it beats me that once "liberated" you guys find no reason to associate with them feminists.

Feminists rule! Being a feminist in Europe is more an attractive thing than being one in old, unforgiving America. Some even go the length of coolly calling themselves "womanists". I mean, I would understand. After all, Sandberg is calling the shots there.

Whatever is said, feminism is attractive. It's not bitter. It fights for the womenfolk and it does so gently. It presses for their demands, even though it may do this aggressively. It doesn't care about marriage and doesn't necessarily equal lesbianisssm, as some are quick to think.

The legacy those women of time have left behind will never be compromised by those who are now blind to it. Should this happen, this current generation will have a lot more to pay for.
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by MrsChima(f): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
Lol at missing the point.

How can we when the dictionary supports the fact?
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Lol at missing the point.

How can we when the dictionary supports the fact?
grin grin
I see it often, successful or potentially successful women rushing quickly to deny that "they aren't feminists". I think it's the thing now. But that defeats the feminist's purpose.
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
It works well in America.

[size=13pt]Paternity leave in the US? It's nothing to brag about because it's unpaid. A woman is already on maternity leave a good number of weeks before she gives birth. Men have 12 weeks of unpaid leave, but I'm sure many of them don't take much time off of work because they're the sole provider.

In all honesty, parental leave in the US is terrible compared to some nations in Europe. I know in Norway, a woman has around a year of paid maternal leave, and a man has 12 weeks of paid paternal leave.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Depending on where you want to play? tongue
The neighbourhood bar good enough?
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by MrsChima(f): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Paternity leave in the US? It's nothing to brag about because it's unpaid. A woman is already on maternity leave a good number of weeks before she gives birth. Men have 12 weeks of unpaid leave, but I'm sure many of them don't take much time off of work because they're the sole provider.[/size]

It varies from state to state and companies. Paternity leave wouldn't benefit Nigerian males if they do not have additional income resources.
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by MrsChima(f): 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
fresh_dude: The neighbourhood bar good enough?

If you want to survive...I suggest you stay home.
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by MrsChima(f): 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2013
sauer:
grin grin
I see it often, successful or potentially successful women rushing quickly to deny that "they aren't feminists". I think it's the thing now. But that defeats the feminist's purpose.

Just because a woman is successful doesn't mean she is not cerebral.
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

If you want to survive...I suggest you stay home.
Survive what, conviviality?
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by MrsChima(f): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
fresh_dude: Survive what, conviviality?

Gun and cutlass fights.
Re: Feminism. Ay Or nay? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2013
gohome:

Paternity leave exist.
as family responsiblity leave...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Says That He Loves Me, But His Actions Tell Me A Different Story! / I Just Found Out That My Girlfriend Is E-romancing Someone On NL! / Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.