Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,159 members, 7,807,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK (17739 Views)

Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation / Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa / Jamaican Slashes Own Throat To Avoid Deportation From Uk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by murtalaa(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
If this woman is not over 30 don call me Okupe murtalaa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by juzme: 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar: •a nigerian woman
•married to a british guy.
•she attempted suicide to evade deportation.

they are not going to deport her again after this incident - she's smart!

Smart! No! In my opinion I don’t think she was smart by wanting or taking her own life just because she was going through difficulties with immigration. She should have even counted herself lucky to be married which may give her more opportunity to be in UK or any other EU state. There are people in worse condition. Even if they have succeeded in deporting her she may still reunite with her spouse if their marriage is genuine.
And I think now that it’s in media, they will try to verify her asylum claims back in Nigeria if she survives her suicide attempt.
Best of luck to her.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by touchmeder: 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pataki: A woman who manipulates her age, her visa stay in the UK, from student to asylum seeker.....to whatever else now.......she is well indeed capable to manipulate and invent a sham marriage.

Pure hogwash.

Spot on thats the problem. There are many people who have made the smooth transition via sham marriage even sham relationships and it has stood the test of time. This lady has danced around too much inventing things as she went along and thats why she is going through this mess now.
I mean look at this woman, look at her very well. No way on earth can she be 19years.
Anyways quick recovery sweetheart

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Allohrandy(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
ROYALD:

Iddiot have you ever travelled outsider your local government before,all you know is mama i want to eat animal if you do not know what to say better keep your mouth shut ok
I do not mean to insult you but i feel about the Girl and what the boko boys are doing back there in Nigeria republic of banana . Please man try to be reasonable THAT IS ALL FOR NOW THANK
MUMU, I am not going to keep my mouth shut because I have a right to express my opinion in this forum..I dont like it when some selfish Nigerians involve in immigration fraud.. People like her make it difficult for genuine Nigerian students to study abroad. She is among those that make it almost impossible for genuine Nigerian students to get student visa. She got a student visa to study in the UK and she should have been focus in maintaining her student visa status rather than involving in Immigration fraud.. If she had maintained her student Visa status in the UK, she wont have been asked to leave the country. so she should be deported back to Nigeria immediately

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Allohrandy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by funnyx(m): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
Allohrandy: MUMU, I am not going to keep my mouth shut because I have a right to express my opinion in this forum..I dont like it when some selfish Nigerians involve in immigration fraud.. People like her make it difficult for genuine Nigerian students to study abroad. She is among those that make it almost impossible for genuine Nigerian students to get student visa. She got a student visa to study in the UK and she should have been focus in maintaining her student visa status rather than involving in Immigration fraud.. If she had maintained her student Visa status in the UK, she wont have been asked to leave the country. so she should be deported back to Nigeria immediately

I understand your frustration, unfortunately the UKBA talk the talk but don't walk the walk. I don't want to be seen as a sadist but on many occasions I cannot but wonder how and why they deem it fit to grant leave to remain to many with bogus asylum claims, fake marriage and just for having UK born child even when the parents are not UK citizens. I remember how I waited and stay on the legal route for years to get my ILR while seeing many others with no papers calling us mugu. UK govt victimises migrants who are on legal route but welcome with open arms those that arrive on the back of lorries with ridiculous tales of how they escaped being killed.
So my brother if you can't beat them you better join them may be you may be among the lucky ones.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Solozzo(m): 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
Allohrandy: I think she be deported to Nigerian immediately..UK governament should not waste their tax payers money on her..She is among those that give Nigerians bad name abroad.She was involved in a sham marriage for immigration purposes. She came to UK on student visa and should have gone back after her visa expired instead of involving in a fake marriage.. Anyway I wish her speed recovery

Bloody hell you so mean! What do you mean by fake marriage.? Some immigration are officers are just too wicked.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Solozzo(m): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
basadenet: How on earth would a sane person change her status from legitimate student to an Asylum seeker? To me there is something fishy there, because as a student you have some rights too to do some lot of things in U.K. My advise to her is to first of all return to Nigeria and file a case against her deportation.

The key issue is that she is married to a British citizen and the immigration thinks there is no emotional attachment in the relationship, so it is a fake marriage. They have to prove their case in court.some lof thes immigration officers are so racist. The UK had run its economy down and using foreigners as scape goats.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Solozzo(m): 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar: •a nigerian woman
•married to a british guy.
•she attempted suicide to evade deportation.

they are not going to deport her again after this incident - she's smart!

Gbam!!! and some of these British consular officers are so dumb
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Solozzo(m): 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pataki:

She will be subjected to a mental health assessment by two psychiatric doctors, a professional mental health nurse and a social worker.

Now this is where I presume it gets tricky - she is due to be deported from the UK, hence she currently has no right of stay in the UK! Her now high medical expenses will be paid by the UK government from tax money.

If she is found to be psychologically OK following the mental health assessment done, she will be put on the next available flight to Nigeria!

If she not mentally stable - suicidal in thoughts and speech (nigerians sabi do am wella sha), her whole immigration story will now be properly scrutinised, including biological evidence to her age, and if found incorrect - she will still be deported!

Either ways, her best option is to quietly return to Nigeria and follow the right thing. She already screwed things up for herself.

Wrong!! You missed her marital status issue, and the risk she poses to herself and her husband's distress if deported. Her husband and his mother are have sued immigration to court over this. She had no evidence of previous mental illness nor criminality and husband and her mother in law have means to support her in the UK. Her suicide notes and her desperation indicated a strong emotional relationship with her husband and that's what counts. The assessing psychiatrist may even recommend a stay of execution of the deportation order. Case closed. I know how the system works quite well as I had worked in Australia, a British sister nation, as a psychiatrist for eight years. We have written similar reports in the past, urging supports and review of such cases by immigration.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
Solozzo:

The key issue is that she is married to a British citizen and the immigration thinks there is no emotional attachment in the relationship, so it is a fake marriage. They have to prove their case in court.some lof thes immigration officers are so racist. The UK had run its economy down and using foreigners as scape goats.

Don't start waving your race card, no country want their immigration system abused. Did Nigeria not send Ghanians packing in 70s?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Solozzo(m): 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
avuekwe: Deport her with her husband if she misses him so much. They can continue their married life in naija. Marriage is marriage whether in UK or Nigeria

Bad belle!!
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Solozzo(m): 11:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
hedges007: We must realize that, many foreigners especially Nigerians, do all sort of things in order to remain here in UK..Some forge all sort of documents, arranged or scam marriage etc...before now, the issues of asylum seekers was popular among east Africans living in UK (especially Eritreans and Ethiopians) they quickly back up their claims with the war between the 2 countries just to make their case appear pitiful and appealing. So pathetic that Nigerians are now towing that path.. Nothing is wrong if u decide to stay back in UK provided u have something meaningful doing. However, this lady as far as i'm concerned, she's one of those desperados around here in UK...Her desperate moves looks quite too dangerous for crying out loud ..Her claims makes one wonder if Nigeria is now Syria or Mali where war and total insecurity is prevalent..How can we be sure they killed her father like she claimed? how can someone who came to UK on student visa suddenly move to seek asylum and by extension, frivolous marriage? Asylum seekers and other desperados should stop painting their home countries as if they are cesspit or hell before white people just because of their own interest..

Nigeria is a hard place to live. No jobs, evnergy poverty and high crime rate. In the seventies and mid eighties people were desperate to return home from abroad. Not anymore. Most of us assume the girl deliberately did the suicide thing to remain in the UK. Could be she was genuinely distressed by the thought of returning to nothingness.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Solozzo(m): 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
Allohrandy: MUMU, I am not going to keep my mouth shut because I have a right to express my opinion in this forum..I dont like it when some selfish Nigerians involve in immigration fraud.. People like her make it difficult for genuine Nigerian students to study abroad. She is among those that make it almost impossible for genuine Nigerian students to get student visa. She got a student visa to study in the UK and she should have been focus in maintaining her student visa status rather than involving in Immigration fraud.. If she had maintained her student Visa status in the UK, she wont have been asked to leave the country. so she should be deported back to Nigeria immediately

Nothing wrong in getting married even if it is to enable one stay with the man you love. That is the key issue here. The immigration has to prove that it is a fake marriage!
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Solozzo(m): 11:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
justwise:

Don't start waving your race card, no country want their immigration system abused. Did Nigeria not send Ghanians packing in 70s?

....even a poor girl who is married to a nigerian and so distressed by the immigration order and attempts suicide?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Allohrandy(m): 11:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Solozzo:

Nothing wrong in getting married even if it is to enable one stay with the man you love. That is the key issue here. The immigration has to prove that it is a fake marriage!
The burden of proof falls on her and not on the immigration officers so She has to be the one to prove her that her marriage is real and not a sham.. unfortunately she could not prove that are marriage is real. If her marriage was real and genuine, She should have come back to Nigeria while her husband appeal her deportation and also try to secure a spouse visa for her..besides once she get pregnant or have a kid for him then she can easily move back to UK because having children is the best way to prove that a marriage is real
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by samtoye(m): 3:35am On Apr 26, 2013
"He who must come to equity must come with clean hands", It is not possible to bring out legality from illegality. She is not the first woman to marry a citizen so why do you think they would single her out for persecution? Her past have come to haunt her and sentiments won't save her, all her actions reflect desperation and its clear to the UK authority.

I remember a story i read of a Nigerian rap artist when he was still a street hustler he did visa "runs" and never bothered about his reputation. Several years later with the fame and money he decided to apply as a superstar to US embassy, guess what? his records were as bright as the noon day and he discovered he had a 10 years ban or life !!! The greatest weapon these foreign countries use against our "sharpness" are their spotless records that cut through time !!! I live in the US so i know these things, so when next you decide to do your runs remember you don't know what the future holds for you.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Pataki: 4:37am On Apr 26, 2013
Solozzo:

Wrong!! You missed her marital status issue, and the risk she poses to herself and her husband's distress if deported. Her husband and his mother are have sued immigration to court over this. She had no evidence of previous mental illness nor criminality and husband and her mother in law have means to support her in the UK. Her suicide notes and her desperation indicated a strong emotional relationship with her husband and that's what counts. The assessing psychiatrist may even recommend a stay of execution of the deportation order. Case closed. I know how the system works quite well as I had worked in Australia, a British sister nation, as a psychiatrist for eight years. We have written similar reports in the past, urging supports and review of such cases by immigration.

You are very wrong. And please, if you don't know how the British system works, stop commenting on this topic. You probably live in Australia. Different countries have different immigration procedures.

You are entitled to your opinion. However, the British government strongly believes this is a sham marriage. You would write a stay of execution for a woman who no longer has a visa to stay in the UK? Hilarious.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by juman(m): 7:32am On Apr 26, 2013
Solozzo:

Nigeria is a hard place to live. No jobs, evnergy poverty and high crime rate. In the seventies and mid eighties people were desperate to return home from abroad. Not anymore. Most of us assume the girl deliberately did the suicide thing to remain in the UK. Could be she was genuinely distressed by the thought of returning to nothingness.

Hmmmm. nigeria has turned to hell. A lady leaving her beautiful nigeria and seeking asylum in another country! Very unfortunate.

And some people are parading themselves around as leaders. Very useless leaders.

How many of the children of the so called leaders are seeking asylum in another country?? The so called leaders has betrayed the masses with bad governance.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Dermie: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

How do you know that?

they were classmates grin
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Mitsurugi(m): 9:45am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

She is not 19, this picture proves that even more

With so much pain in the land, how many Nigerians look their real age?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2013
Mitsurugi:

With so much pain in the land, how many Nigerians look their real age?

Plenty
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Madasisteve: 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
ola_pluto: Dear God, I pray to you that before I die, let me see a Nigeria that Nigerians world over will be proud of. A motherland where things work. A country respected by countries all over the world. A secure nation. A nation where we live to respect each other. A nation where politicians are made servants. A nation of over 95% employment. A pride of Africa. A pride of the black race. Oh Lord, please I pray that you eliminate those who will not allow NIgeria get to great heights destined. I pray that you plant love in the minds of all Nigerians irrespective of tribe. I pray for forgiveness of sins of generations before us. I pray that you punish those who cause bloodshed daily, and cleanse our land.
@ Ola I say a BIG AMEN
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2013
ROYALD: BABY NO COME BACK HERE THE REPUBLIC OF BANANA NIGERIA IS THE HELL ON EARTH KIDNAPPING ON RAMPAGE ,BOKO BOYS ARE CUTTING PEOPLES THROAT AND KILLING, BURNING PEOPLE ALIVE TERRORIZING THE POPULATION

IN FACT THEY ARE NOW A CANCER WHICH THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA BANANA STILL SEARCHING FOR APC MILITARY DRUG TO CURE BUT THE ORTHOPSY REASULT COMFRIMED THAT IT IS INCURABLE THAT IS _ACUTE BOKO

AM STILL RESERVE MY COMMENT FOR THE FINAL ORTHOPSY RESULT

R.I.P English sad cry cry cry sad
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by rafcrown(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2013
HOW MANY NIGERIANS UKBA GO KILL?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
rafcrown: HOW MANY NIGERIANS UKBA GO KILL?

How are they killing Nigerians?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by kennybuda: 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
If you are one of her relative to probe her, nonsence.
La Parisienne: I feel sorry for her, risking her life like that. She'd rather die than go back to Nigeria, that says something.

UKBA should have mercy on her and let her stay with her 'husband'

Btw, if she's 19 then I'm 10.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by kennybuda: 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
We Nigerians are enemy to ourselfs for those folks who are behind their computer blameing this young girl who intend to live her life in UK I am ashame of you guys. Some of this Europeans are playing the same game in north america and Australia to settle over there I witness it myself , you guys should travel and see things before you critizes.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by kennybuda: 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2013
No mind them , some of them do the same ojoro to gain their legal statue the girl don become their victim .
Solozzo:

Bad belle!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

China Opens The World Longest Bridge / Nigeria Immigration Arrests Nine Illegal Immigrants Heading To Libya From Kano8 / Roads Sweeping Begins In Ikot Ekpene As It Wears New Clean Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.