Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (261758 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
WeddingFever: Pls is it wise to use aso-oke to conceal pregnancy? Shud I tie it on my waist or across my shoulder? I dont want my tummy shooting out?

Let it drape from the shoulder but don't be self concious about it!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 1:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
nwapastor: How can I combine d colours white, blue, yellow and white, blue, pink for white n trad wedding?

In order words, your white wedding will be blue and yellow while your trad is blue and pink. White is a neutral color and is used as base color.

So what you need now is to choose the right shade of the colors.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
Yvete: Hi Ladies, which lace is of better quality and looks luxurious (modern design) - French or Swiss lace? Thanks.

I think french lace

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by nwapastor: 1:11am On Jul 09, 2013
sassygal:

In order words, your white wedding will be blue and yellow while your trad is blue and pink. White is a neutral color and is used as base color.

So what you need now is to choose the right shade of the colors.

Thank you
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by marocious(f): 2:00am On Jul 10, 2013
@ Rocktation, i think i just found myself a role model, thanks to nairaland, wish i can have a private chat with u if u permit it. i realy admire u, thumbs up ma!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by marocious(f): 2:09am On Jul 10, 2013
Wish u all d best as u plan ahead for dat special day. Happy Married life in Advance!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 7:40am On Jul 10, 2013
Of cos, marocious, we may chat privately. smiley
Meanwhile, I hope you understand why we're having so many hidden and edited posts and why yours, has to be one of them. You may start a seperate thread dear, if you wish to give detailed info of what you do. That way, others won't think it's okay to flood here and alter the objectives of the thread.

I look forward to having that chat with you, really. Thank you.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by marocious(f): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2013
@Rocktation, thanks, so how do i get in touch with u directly, how do i start d thread? undecided
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 11:54am On Jul 10, 2013
Sent you a mail.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by rezzy: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
@Rocktation, i saw the colour combination on the first page. Apart from primary colours and some few other colours i know, how do i get to see other colours and know whether i will like them? Can i go to the market to check them out? Im not the fashion type.
Thanks
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
Rezzy yeah, I think you should do that. Especially if you're trying to pick attires.
The challenge therein though, is that a lot of Naija marketers don't know the right names for certain colors either, even though they have them in their stock. A lot would readily call teal, just blue or light blue...which isn't untrue, technically. Lol. So you'd understand when I say you'd have one hell of a tour to do. And it could be plain weird to ransack the entire eko market, shop after shop, because you wanna see all the colors in their stock.

But if you're internet savvy, you may simply take advantage of google to see different hues and their tones. You could try for profound/weird/catchy color-combos for dresses, halls, flowers e.t.c...and on like that.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by rezzy: 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
@Rocktation, thanks so much. I will do dat.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Firstimer(f): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2013
@
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2013
Below's a pic rep of all I want to suggest.

Groomsmen in cream suits and red bow ties. They may coordinate with a white shirt. Any color tie matches a white shirt. If you are ever in doubt, wear a white shirt. Then again, a valuable option is that they match their shirts with the same color of tie. This has been done for decades and is still trendy. A red shirt and red tie (patterned or plain) would do just fine.

Bridesmaids may go with gold and red dresses combined as shown in the pic (I also suggest red dresses, gold sashes and on gold shoes) and your fam can go with cream on red, just like the couple.
Note; I did not include you (the couple) in this suggestion, but from the 4 options above, you may fit somewhere.

Gold dresses, gold sashes coupled with red hats or ribbons for your bridesmaids would be great too, but preferably if the gold's chocolatey (bronze-like) like the chick beneath.

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
And then, your bouquet may look like this;

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Sorry about the late response. I get so swamped sometimes, that all I can do is zap in and out of here. And that's only because of my commitments here!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Firstimer(f): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
L
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Firstimer(f): 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
Rocktation: Sorry about the late response. I get so swamped sometimes, that all I can do is zap in and out of here. And that's only because of my commitments here!

its ok. Ur efforts are appreciated.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Are you suggesting making your groomsmen too matchy with your bridesmaids? Because I suggested the cream suits for them, given that they're men and red and/or gold would be that shouty for them, and like we're avoiding.

But if you want it that way, red could be the sashes on the cream dresses for your girls.
Also, the red on the bouquet can be cream all through.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 11:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
In truth, the red and gold made possible, the color scheming. Anything other than these, would mean that everyone will have to appear in a single color...preferably cream (which you can pull off though, if the prints come in VERY distinctive patterns). B'cos the groomsmen won't look too great in red or gold suits.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2013
Roctation, you sure you don't want to start up a wedding consultancy business? The sky is big enough though wink Welldone!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
smiley Coming from you of all my fav persons, it's definitely worth a thought. Thanks Sassy!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by hushbabyy: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ Rocktation what really do you do? tthis is really very informative. Guess you have a passion for planning.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
Gurl, I'm a full fledged medic. smiley
But as the inquiries come, I'm realising on the go that I may have attended and been involved in the planning of one to many weddings. Almost all the pics I've uploaded this far, are pics of my real friends even! cheesy
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Rocktation, we have one more thing in common, apart from love for planning weddings grin I am a medico too, pharmacist though but full fledged planner wink
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
Really?! Oh my, very interesting. Full fledged wedding planner now...hehe. All that wahala in college of med...
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by hushbabyy: 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
Rocktation: Really?! Oh my, very interesting. Full fledged wedding planner now...hehe. All that wahala in college of med...

I love it when people talk so passionate about events, am also a planner and decorator. I have been in the industry for three years and i really love to learn from others and to be honest i have learnt alot from your post. I always try to be versatile and unique in coming up with ideas for various events. Its a pleasure meeting you here, hope we can relate some more via dis medium or any other.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.