Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,188 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? (18573 Views)

Present Your Pry Sch Certificate Before Getting Salaries-osun Govt Tells Workers / Photo Of Nigeria's Leaders: Past And Present. / The Records Of All Living Ex-leaders Past And Present - at a glance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Slyr0x: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-nTq5UABv2fc/UXkDVgI3Q8I/AAAAAAABok4/5RI0TCVqAoY/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

From top left: Yakubu Gowon, Ernest Shonekan, Murtala Mohammed, Umar Musa Yar'Adua, Ahmadu Bello, Goodluck Jonathan, Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Sani Abacha and Muhammadu Buhari.

Rate them from 1 to 11. And if your favorite and worst isn't listed here, just name them...

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/04/nigerian-leaders-past-and-present-whos.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by egat: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
I love all ef em... first to comment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Pray(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
The worst may be yet to come.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best: Buhari

Worst: Abacha

Rating:

1, Buhari - discipline and fight against corruption
2, Murtala - discipline, decent economic policies
3, Yar'adua - reversal of pump price of petrol, declaration of asset etc
4, Obasanjo (civilian) - like him or hate, father of modernn Nigeria
5, Obasanjo (military)- handed over to civilian
6, Tafawa Balewa/Azikwe - build modest international diplomatic reputation for Nigeria
7, Gowon - avoided balkanization (now, I'm going to receive knocks for this)
8, Shagari - Good man, bad leader. Lacked balls to fight NPN hawks
9, Ironsi - not much
10,Shonekan - not much
11,Babangida - free for all corruption
12, Jonathan - free-for-all corruption, in-your-face actions
13, Abacha - Killed too many people, too brutal

34 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by AjanleKoko: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
1. Gowon
2. Murtala
3. Buhari
4. OBJ
5. Zik
6. Balewa
7. Yar'Adua
8 IBB
9. GEJ
10. Abacha
11. Shonekan (who dey mention this man as leader sef? )

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by youngchopper(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
2. Roll the drums
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by ednut1(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
best of the worst NONE, worst of the best badluck jona. on the day of the revolution( dreams) all of dem alive will be beheaded

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by sexymoma(f): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
Where ma position..... Abacha Fyn o.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Lilimax(f): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
None! They have all failed us. They all contributed to the predicament of this country. They will surely be paid in their own coin dead or alive. God bless Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by yuzedo: 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
My favorite was Shonekan................ Cos nigga didn't even have enough time to remove his swearing-in suit, sit down and settle in, talk-more, loot! grin grin grin wink wink tongue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by mitchyy(f): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
None.

Is it true that they wanna bomb the Whitehouse? I read it here http://gistville.com/2013/04/what-hackers-threaten-to-bomb-the-whitehouse-within-24hours/
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Joey82(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
and why is aguiyi ironsi and shagari not on ur list

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by s25million: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best Abacha
Worst Shagari

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by 32D: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
[size=16pt]BEST: Chief Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Inu-n-bi-awon-Igbo Obasanjo

WORST: General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by ebucha: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
Worst=IBB
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best-Murtala Mohammed.

Worst-IBB.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Lilimax(f): 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
Joey82: and why is aguiyi ironsi and shagari not on ur list
Don't tell me you are blind. shagari pic. is there shocked. I don't know Aguiyi Ironsi tongue
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Clazzik: 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
None of em re good... They re all thieves... If any good, why do pple still complain when they are in power.. All worst!
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by s25million: 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lilimax:
Don't tell me you are blind. Shagari picture is there on his military uniform shocked. I don't know Aguiyi Ironsi tongue
Go school you no gree

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by yuzedo: 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
My favorite is Future President Chief General Senator Sir Rt. Hon. Dr. Yuzedo Sweetus Oyoyo (GCON, JP, SAN, ESQ, ETC ETC).... Vote for me, and free PUNNY is no.1 on my manifesto for ALL NL members! wink wink wink
Except 190! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by 32D: 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
yuzedo: My favorite is Future President Chief General Senator Sir Rt. Hon. Dr. Yuzedo Sweetus Oyoyo (GCON, JP, SAN, ESQ, ETC ETC).... Vote for me, and free PUNNY is no.1 on my manifesto for ALL NL members! wink wink wink
Except 190! angry angry angry
u have my vote

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by yuzedo: 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
32-D:

u have my vote
Send me money for my campaign. smiley sad
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by casiraghi: 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
Zik was not a former Nigerian leader,he was a ceremonial president it should be replaced with aguiyi ironsi

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by NigerianAsshole(f): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best: Abacha
Worst: GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
None of the above! Selfish people.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
best: can't say
worst: GEJ
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by vicade(m): 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best:Abacha

Worst:Obasanjo

Hint:What Obasanjo and his cronies stole(And are still stealing) is more than the IBB and Abacha Regime put together.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by kulutempa: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best:

Gowon, because under him the best brains ruled Nigeria and he invested a large percentage of Nigeria's oil revenues in Education and infrastructure.

Worst:

Abacha, a national nightmare under whom the country became a Stalinist state.

Most cunning and devious:

Who else, but the gap toothed General IBB a.k.a Maradona

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by pekelepekele(m): 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
BEST yar'adua WORST GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by kneatswan: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
none of them is gud to rate as best but d worst remain gej because he lack 's clue.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by boron10(m): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
All the past leaders are better than the present leader(GEJ). Atleast for now cool Until the present leaves office and give us chance to reflect on his achievement.

To me

Best - Sani Abacha (During his time, education was vastly promoted. I remember emerging 2nd runner up from the whole of Lagos state in 1998 maryam abacha quiz competition having won it in my local government)

worst - GEJ (for now sha o)

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan Visits Victims Of Emab Plaza Bombing / EFCC Arrests Saminu Turaki / "Election Will Hold In Anambra" - MASSOB Tells IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.