Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

She Can't Cook: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Can't Cook: (3674 Views)

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! / Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook / How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Can't Cook: by Angeleyez(f): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2008
This is actually a question for the men here, ladies please feel free to comment too.

Men: Will you marry a woman who can't cook?
Re: She Can't Cook: by bigfather(m): 5:25pm On Apr 12, 2008
Very difficult !
Re: She Can't Cook: by SamMilla1(m): 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2008
yes and i could teach her, what does marriage mean to you, is it about food, Obviously not,
Re: She Can't Cook: by Angeleyez(f): 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2008
SAM MILLA:

yes and i could teach her, what does marriage mean to you, is it about food, Obviously not,

Well, my mom is on me b/c I can't make Nigerian dishes anymore (since I moved to America, I stopped cooking).
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2008
My dad taught my mum how to cook lipsrsealed
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2008
Isn't it the first thing Nigerians learn when they move here.
They suddenly become more American than Americans.
I was speaking Igbo to some Nigerian girls brought up in Aba that I met at Church and she told me she couldn't speak good Igbo anymore since moving to America.
A girls who lived in Aba the first 17 years of her life.
and forgets Igbo after 8 years.
That is shear stupidity.
How can someone forget a language she spoke for 17 years?

Now we have someone who can't cook stew because she lives in America
There's nothing I won't hear.
like people don't eat amala and ogiri in America

1 Like

Re: She Can't Cook: by Seun(m): 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2008
If a man knows how to cook why must he teach his wife? Why can't he just do the cooking himself?
Re: She Can't Cook: by Dreloaded(f): 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2008
Seun, please ask them

anyway osisi, seeing that the girl knows you all live in America and can still speak Igbo then she should have been ashamed of her lame excuse.
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2008
D-reloaded:

Seun, please ask them

anyway osisi, seeing that the girl knows you all live in America and can still speak Igbo then she should have been ashamed of her lame excuse.

and she wasn't o.
I don't know if she was trying to do inyanga to her Bini fiancee that she wasn't Igbotic or what.
Those of you who have lived here since childhood can read and write in your native languages
then a typical aba girls no sabi blow Igbo.
that one taya me o
Re: She Can't Cook: by sistajay(f): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2008
I can cook but won't cook na my man dey do de cooking, he really enjoys doing it.
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2008
Seun:

If a man knows how to cook why must he teach his wife? Why can't he just do the cooking himself?
Hehehe, i agree with you to an extent, men should cook sometimes grin
Re: She Can't Cook: by SweetT1: 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2008
@Poster

What does it matter if she can't cook?? Her cooking does not define who she is. What is important is to have food on the table either be a Take out or homecooked. And since i know how to cook, it's no big deal. It means my Baby will be getting a lot of breakfast in bed. And if she is willing to learn, they sell "How to cook for dummies" book in the stores. wink
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2008
Sweet T:

@Poster

What does it matter if she can't cook?? Her cooking does not define who she is. What is important is to have food on the table either be a Take out or homecooked. And since i know how to cook, it's no big deal. It means my Baby will be getting a lot of breakfast in bed. And if she is willing to learn, they sell "How to cook for dummies" book in the stores. wink
Word! grin
Re: She Can't Cook: by Needlelady(f): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2008
Well, my mom is on me b/c I can't make Nigerian dishes anymore (since I moved to America, I stopped cooking).
I don't think you knew how to cook before because it's a knowledge that will never leave you even if you quit doing it for 40 years, same goes for language. All those yorubas forming here that they can't speak yoruba because they've stayed in America for 5 years get on my nerves because it's a BLATANT lie. I don't know why people complain that people from other races and cultures laugh at us when we are ashamed of ourselves. Can you imagine that I have this bush village mushin girl that works with me, anytime I speak yoruba to her, she acts like I'm speaking Japanese and will do anything possible to dissociate herself from Africans. I regret to say that that trait is common among ladies, guys rarely do that.
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2008
Sweet T:

@Poster

and it's not as though cooking is even hard.
believe me if you add rice same time with raw chicken,enough maggi,tin tomatoes,salt and pepper,curry,vegetable oil and add water until it's done,you end up with jollof rice.
It may look like foo foo but it will be edible.
Re: She Can't Cook: by Dreloaded(f): 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2008
Osisi I've only spent 7 years of my life in Nigeria (birth and 6 years of secondary school) and yet I refuse to take Nigerians who can't speak their tongue seriously. Not saying people should be experts as I'm not but don't give me that "oh i don't know" if i ask you what you speak esp if you've lived in Nigeria longer than I have.

Nonsense

Sweet T, asiri re ti tu! think say we don't know you are only yarning such because you are looking for wife. Oniro. Like you're not the type to beat a woman over amala with one "koko" in it. grin

And if she is willing to learn, they sell "How to cook for dummies" book in the stores.

I'm sure it doesnt include Nigerian food tongue
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
D-reloaded:

I'm sure it doesnt include Nigerian food tongue
Hahaha! Good One cheesy
Re: She Can't Cook: by SweetT1: 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
@Ibkaye

When did you get to Tokyo?? It seems like your debtors are really after you ! You better start considering Bankruptcy so you can rest in peace and not in places. wink
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
Needlelady:

I don't think you knew how to cook before because it's a knowledge that will never leave you even if you quit doing it for 40 years, same goes for language. All those yorubas forming here that they can't speak yoruba because they've stayed in America for 5 years get on my nerves because it's a BLATANT lie. I don't know why people complain that people from other races and cultures laugh at us when we are ashamed of ourselves. Can you imagine that I have this bush village mushin girl that works with me, anytime I speak yoruba to her, she acts like I'm speaking Japanese and will do anything possible to dissociate herself from Africans. I regret to say that that trait is common among ladies, guys rarely do that.

My sister,I've been here more than a decade and know all the Igbotic expressions there are.
Those people annoy me.
How can you get a typical village girl with tribal marks  sef and she'll tell you she can't speak Yoruba grin
You got it right,girls do that a lot and it irritates me too.
Re: She Can't Cook: by Anniwil(m): 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2008
[What does it matter if she can't cook?? Her cooking does not define who she is. What is important is to have food on the table either be a Take out or homecooked. And since i know how to cook, it's no big deal. It means my Baby will be getting a lot of breakfast in bed. And if she is willing to learn, they sell "How to cook for dummies" book in the stores[/col] 
personally u are on ur own,in Africa a woman must know how to cook or why you be woman at all?.Any girl wey no fit cook na shame to her family,let's not erode the Africa values in the name of civilisation.
Re: She Can't Cook: by SweetT1: 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2008
@D-Reloaded

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a clown. Every day will be a picnic for my wife or everyday at the beach. Unlike you that will beat her husband with yam pounder when he sleeps. grin
Re: She Can't Cook: by Angeleyez(f): 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2008
Needlelady:

I have been in America since I was 5yrs. I remember in the first couple of years, I used to be in the kitchen all the time with my mom cooking but I did lose it. I'm not saying I don't know how to cook, I do, I don't know how to cook Naija dishes (like my mom). Rice and stew are easy; eggs, plaintain, yam, I can make all that.

I also can speak Ibo (a little) but understand I have been here for more than 20 years. I am re-learning Ibo though. I know people who have been here for 5yrs and will tell you they are losing their language.
Re: She Can't Cook: by SweetT1: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2008
I'm writing a "How to cook for dummies" book. A nigerian version. Everything from Pounded Yam to Isi ewu to Egusi soup to a Sizzling fried rice. Even a precise egg boiling technique will be in the book. You can sign up for a free advance copy. Look for it in the fall. tongue
Re: She Can't Cook: by bluehorizo(m): 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2008
Try to get in contact with someone who can send you a recipe book. Maggi menu or so. Hmmm
Re: She Can't Cook: by Dreloaded(f): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2008
Sweet T:
. Unlike you that will beat her husband with yam pounder when he sleeps. grin

Unlike you I wont deny that grin
Re: She Can't Cook: by randy(m): 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2008
what are we not going here?

as a man we have some specific responsibility that if cannot perfom we feel to ashame to even mention it like wise to the ladies, one thing a woman should be proud of is her cooking what pride does she have if she cant make meals for her husband, yes i know you are not married go and ask the ones that are married you will know better.

i am a good cook and cooking might be criteria not to marry the one i intend to marry, if she cannot cook i will pay for her to trained.
Re: She Can't Cook: by SweetT1: 6:13pm On Apr 12, 2008
@D-Reloaded

Evil minded people.

That's why i sing that song.

"American woman, stay away from me", "American woman, stay away from me". cheesy
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 12, 2008
angeleyz,this was your post.

Well, my mom is on me b/c I can't make Nigerian dishes anymore since I moved to America, I stopped cooking.

The above doesn't sound like an act that involved a 5 year old watching her mom cook so which one is it ?

I can barely remember what happend when I was in Elementary 3 talk less of when I was 5.
why would your mom be on you about making Nigerian dishes when you only observed her at 5 years old? shocked shocked shocked
were you left to cook a pot of egusi soup at 5?
This your story has moved from larva to pupa stage.
Re: She Can't Cook: by Angeleyez(f): 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2008
nwando:

angeleyz,this was your post.
The above doesn't sound like an act that involved a 5 year old watching her mom cook so which one is it ?

I can barely remember what happend when I was in Elementary 3 talk less of when I was 5.
why would your mom be on you about making Nigerian dishes when you only observed her at 5 years old? shocked shocked shocked
This your story has moved from larva to pupa stage.

LOL, no it's just missing some parts. grin
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 12, 2008

there is nothing on dis planet earth jenny wont read ehn, so u mean ever since u left naija for america u have stopped cooking,meaning u dont cook atall?ok how u come dey eat for there?

every well brought up naija woman ought to know how to cook,cos men dont joke wt their stomach(especially naija men) wink
Re: She Can't Cook: by SweetT1: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2008
I remember one time when my aunt in-law cooked for the whole family. She thinks, she really can cook because her loving husband had been telling her lies about how well she cooks.

Anyways, she cooked for the whole family and it wasn't a day to forget. Some members of the Family were going to the bathroom every 10 minutes while others were using cold water to cool of their peppery tongue. At the end of the day my Dad said " Wow, what a wonderful food. we've never had it like that before!". Yeah he got that right, he just forgot to add "that bad" to it. grin grin
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2008
I remember one time when my aunt in-law cooked for the whole family. She thinks, she really can cook because her loving husband had been telling her lies about how well she cooks.

Anyways, she cooked for the whole family and it wasn't a day to forget. Some member of the Family were going to the bathroom every 10 minutes while others were using cold water to cool of their peppery tongue

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian / The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience / "7 Little Things Men Do To Prove Their Love"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.