Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. (14876 Views)

10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) / Really Ugly People That Deserve To Be Famous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
Scarpon: seriously dude ?? give me names

Bad boy. Google and you will find them.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by launique: 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
genevieve nnaji has been the top actress in nollywood 4 a decade and half now and she's been acting since d age of 8. so i think she will still be relevant 4 a long time now. but i think the biggest celebrity in that list now is mikel obi. he is currently way more popular than 2face and genevieve nnaji
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^
You are right but the questions is, will they still be relevant and famous in 5years to come?

Do you see mikel obi still playing for Chelsea or any other top club in 5years time?

This isn't about how popular they are now but rather at the impact the will be dishing out in the near future.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 6:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
albacete:

What is there to say again, u've said it all.

Abi nah! Almost 170million people can't all be wrong.

1 Like

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by albacete(m): 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
acidtalk:

Abi nah! Almost 170million people can't all be wrong.
cool
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2013
albacete:
cool

My reason for starting this thread is to help these celebrities plan their lives and see what their so called fans (real and fake) think about their careers in 5years time.

So many of them live extremely fake lifestyles and spend all the earnings they are making today to achieve one "bigger than heaven" status.

A lot of them have just forgotten they were nobody 5years ago and there's no guarantee of them being "relevant" 5years to come.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by amedusikirabl(f): 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
2baba go fade jare,by d time children wahala start he no go dey after music again.buh wiz kid,bovi,and ice still remains tongue grin[/color][color=#006600]
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 4:19am On Apr 29, 2013
amedu sikira bl: 2baba go fade jare,by d time children wahala start he no go dey after music again.buh wiz kid,bovi,and ice still remains tongue grin[/color][color=#006600]

Pikin or no pikin 2baba get talent.
No forget say na just make him send money to him different baby mamas (known and unknown) for the children's upkeep and na the women go dey do wahala of pikin.

Don't forget as at 2baba's last album, he had 7 legal children (and God knows how many illegal ones).
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:37am On Apr 29, 2013
Seun and Linda Ikeji will continue to be relevant in the next 20 years as long as they are healthy and. The more Nigerians have access to internet the more the two sites will get popular and relevant. I have introduce more than 10 piple to Nairaland and Linda blog so its only to two of them will stop their sites. As for others nothing last forever, some of them will fade sooner than expected some will last longer .
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Lilimax(f): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2013
acidtalk:
In your own opinion, in no particular order which current celebrity(ies) do you think will still have an impact in the Nigerian Entertainment Industry in the next 5years?

2face Idibia
AY (comedian)
P Square
D Banj
Mikel Obi
Wiz Kid
Bovi (Comedian)
Cossy Ojiakwo
Ice Prince
Omotola
Basket Mouth
Davido
May D
Tonto Dike
Tiwa Savage
Don Jazzy
Timaya
Genevieve
Iyanya
Linda Ikeji (Blogger)
Nairaland (Seun).

Note : The last two were on that list to see ask the same question if you foresee their blog and forum still being relevant in the next 5years.

Linda and Seun will definitely remain active as long computer age is still on. Others will soon fade either by retirement or through death being a one-man show. Seun and Linda's talent is not a one-man-show of a thing rather a lot of capable hands are invloved. Even if they retires, their blog will still be active as long as good organisational structure is in place.

1 Like

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Giftdavids(m): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2013
3people. Seun(nairaland), if he sticks to nairaland n doesn't sell it to Yahoo or anybody. Then, 2face n linda ikeji, as long as they remain active, they will keep makin d headlines.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Popowaa: 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
Seconded
sagytarius™:
For as long as Nairaland exist, Tonto will continue to be relevant.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by alaoeri: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
acidtalk:

I think this is more of a publicity stunt and image boosting than actually telling us how D Banj will stay relevant in the industry in the next 5years.

From your explanation D Banj needs to tag along and associate himself by doing singles with reigning acts right? To me that sounds like a man struggling hard to avoid drowning in deep waters. 2baba boost people's singles and albums by featuring in their song and not the other way round.

I can remember 9ice's last album featured the who-is-who in Nigeria music but yet the album was worse than a tsunami.

As much as D Banj is a business man not doubt, the earlier he invest in music production, promotion and management the better for him because has a musician, I doubt if he will be relevant for even a single show if he doesn't play any of his old tracks (from Oliver twist downwards - all songs produced by Month'hit records).
What did u think is working for P.Diddy as far as am concern Diddy isn't that talented but manage bad boys entertainment very well now among the richest musician in the world, since when did u heard any hit song from him but features in his record label songs from French Montana etc, ppl are just been sentimental regarding 9ice issue since most of his songs are in yoruba beside he thought the beef with ruggedman & fight with his estranged wife 'll do him a favour which later back fired. Back to Dbanj do u know that donjazzy produce 4 of the songs on DKM album, he sold a track through MTN for #75 (scape goat remix & let it bounce ft. Olamide) which receive thousands of download & a single album is sold at the rate of #100 at alaba & in hold-ups pure business strategy. I concur that 2baba is talented & have this general likeness, Dbanj isn't too much talented but add a little spice to his work which is working for him. If Dbanj is still with Mohit's they would have been a force to reckoned with, where is wande coal who was tipped to replace Dbanj guess he's busy struggling. In his last interview he made mention of doing a joint album with 2baba 'best of both world' another market strategy in the making, things like this 'll still keep the dude going one thing i respect about the guy is his hustling spirit.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by emmalezy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
go and list again coz all dis people are undisputed till then
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by fr3do(m): 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
acidtalk:
Nairaland (Seun).

is it not supposed to be
seun (nairaland)?
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Boll2010: 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dbanj is goin to b so far diddy is still relevant
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by dubem3(m): 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
2face Idibia: I wouldn't want to say much on tuface since you already did justice to him. It will take retirement to push him out cos his head is like an endless flow of a lyrica l stream...

AY (comedian)

P Square: these guys are talented and as long as they stay focused and get their act together not giving mediocre performances, I think they will survive.

D Banj: I used to love d'banj. My love for him started fading as soon as he dropped the mouth organ. He seemed to regard it as a boys' thing and no longer necessary for his newly acquired status . In doing this, he failed to consider the view of his fans whose view should be held in high regard. I only hope he has a trick up his sleeve. He is a good performer but at the rate he is going, i fear he may not make it.

whiz kid: he is just a boy and am yet to see anything on which to base my analysis. Though I know that kid artists are usually talented but I'ld rather not predict.i wish him all the very best though.

Bovi (Comedian): Since the rave of every comedian claiming waffi began, this is one guy I see that truly has it in him.to me, he does not even have to put in any effort.just being himself gets the job done. I think its raw talent and if he develops it further, he may survive it.

Cossy Ojiakwo: who is she?

Ice Prince:I like some of his songs. ABOKI best of em but he has to really work hard to make it.

Omotola: She is at that stage where she really doesn't have to do much to keep sailing. She just needs to keep playing the role of a model to our young ladies and making useful inputs in the industry. I think she'll go another ten years if she wants to.
Basket Mouth: Looking at him I see how hard he has to work to be basket mouth and as long as he keeps working hard and hard work keeps paying, he is good.
Davido: smh

May D: No comment

Tonto Dike: I'll leave this to seun

Tiwa Savage: she is good oh but I can't see her.

Don Jazzy: he knows his onion. Looking at him I remember Timberland. (If you know what I mean) he has all it takes. Its up to him to keep at it and keep getting better.

Timaya: just may be but...

Genevieve: She is close to Omotola but needs a lot more input.

Iyanya:...

Linda Ikeji (Blogger): can't say anything bout Linda's blog.i feel I don't know enough to make an analysis.

Nairaland (Seun): in my opinion, what seun has in his hands right now is inestimable but also, uncountable are the fingers that are trying to snatch it from him or pull the stool from beneath him. I Hope he knows this and is making adequate plans. But if you ask me, am giving NL way above twenty years.

In essence my pick:
Tuface
Omotola
Bon jovi
Basket mouth
Seun
Don Jazzy
The above ia in no particular order

1 Like

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 6:26pm On May 05, 2013
^^^

Wonderful analysis and breakdown
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Abbey2sam(m): 10:54pm On May 05, 2013
tinuolababy: Omotola
omotola has got a reality show and as long as it keeps airing, she remain relevant
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Abbey2sam(m): 11:13pm On May 05, 2013
Lilimax:
Linda and Seun will definitely remain active as long computer age is still on. Others will soon fade either by retirement or through death being a one-man show. Seun and Linda's talent is not a one-man-show of a thing rather a lot of capable hands are invloved. Even if they retires, their blog will still be active as long as good organisational structure is in place.

I've read all the posts here and everybody is saying the same thing, only you have said something reasonable and logical.

Everybody on that list will fade even seun and linda but the names seun and linda have created for themselves will surely stand as far as we are still in computer age

1 Like

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by safarigirl(f): 7:08am On May 06, 2013
P-square- this group has to be the most consistent in Nigerian history. As far as the music industry goes today, only Tu face has been there longer. Sonce their first song 'Where were you last night' and the album that came along with 'Senorita' they have maintained a rise unequalled (even Tu baba had a crisis mid-2000). Even now in their 30's they still have fans of all ages and from all continents in awe of their blend of different music genres and electrifying dance movies.

They've had hit songs from club bangers to sing-alongs (Do Me and Forever) if they've held their own for over ten years despite the influx of new acts, five more years really is nothing.

Tu Face- The name speaks for its self

Genevieve and Omotola will be in all y'all's faces till they're too old to move or be moved.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 8:14pm On May 06, 2013
^^^

Onpoint
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by larrysmith(m): 10:51pm On May 06, 2013
Hmmm, to me I will gv it to dbanj, omotola , jenny and basketmouth, dis are ppl u check dere speed in d industries u will b hapi wit dere progress, to start wit, dbanj is an entertainer and for like 10years nau No one has bn able to take dat away frm him, he is vast and has swag, dat alone is workin for him, very hardworkin, energetic n focus wch is very vitaln to crown it up he has d sense of a gud bizness man, by d feelers am gettin, I heard his koko concert has d total number of attendees in a show organised by an individual in naija till date, his DKM album is d first to go for 2500 and 4000 respectively n as I type we understand in d first 3weeks of release alone he has sold over 3million pre order copy, and is d first album to b release and aftr like 1 month we are yet to see it on d street for 100naira, he is d first individual to organise a show bringin in abt 4big foreign act on a platform. Aftr d breakup a lot of ppl didn't give him a chance bt I can tell u dat dkm track is enjoyin massive airplay n is bn rock in every club all over d continent, if ulook at d last album release till date is like 5 or 6 year nau and d guy is still dis relevant, I dnt tink dere is any top show in naija or africa dat he has miss cus d organiser understand wat he bring to d table, beef apart I see dis guy waxin strong for d next 10 or more year, cus he understand wat dey want. To jenny and omotola dey are natural talent, dey get berra as dey grow older n if u look at wat de've bn able to achieve we all gv dem kudos. Basket on d oda hand is very gud, he nos ow to carry d crowd along, he crack his jokes accroding to wat is goin n he is far berra than many of his pairs.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 9:42pm On May 12, 2013
Well.....
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by launique: 10:53pm On May 12, 2013
genevieve has all it takes as she is head and shoulders above every other actor or actress in nigeria. psquare r d hottest in d music game ryt nw nd i c dem remaining dia 4 a long time to come
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 3:35am On May 13, 2013
la_unique: genevieve has all it takes as she is head and shoulders above every other actor or actress in nigeria. psquare r d hottest in d music game ryt nw nd i c dem remaining dia 4 a long time to come

I am confused. Is it Genevieve or Omotola that is dorminating the relationship.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by launique: 3:53pm On May 26, 2013
Genevieve without a doubt, just dat omotola is not too far behind
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Afanna1: 4:31pm On May 26, 2013
Lol its omotola that is on top right now,time magazine,etc.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Rooneyboy(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2013
wande ojoshipe (cole) is gradually going to the gutters grin
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 10:31am On May 28, 2013
^^^
So sad but true
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Giftdavids(m): 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
Giftdavids: 3people. Seun(nairaland), if he sticks to nairaland n doesn't sell it to Yahoo or anybody. Then, 2face n linda ikeji, as long as they remain active, they will keep makin d headlines.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Nobody: 3:20am On Jun 05, 2013
Scarpon: along as Cossy still gat those bo@bs fresh and milky she will be

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje / Kemi Olunloyo Charges N50,000 To Be Followed On Twitter In 2019. / Stella Damasus And Daniel Ademinokan Celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.