Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:47 PM

Jay Z And Roc Boys Sample Fela's "water No Get Enemy" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jay Z And Roc Boys Sample Fela's "water No Get Enemy" (6677 Views)

"water No Get Enemy" A Song By Fela Kuti But Sung By Someone Else. / Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: / Jay Z Feat Roc Boys Sampling Fela's Water No Get Enemy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jay Z And Roc Boys Sample Fela's "water No Get Enemy" by tundewoods(m): 12:24am On Apr 13, 2008
I just watched a music video by Jay-Z featuring Roc boys titled "And the Winner is" quite a very interesting track due to the fact that he actually sampled the late Afrobeat legend,Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's hit track "Water no get enemy" Even though if its about a year old grin

Nice one i must confess,i did a little google research to read more about the production credit of that track.
for the record this is the sample that was used and the production team dug deep to find it. For the whole of the song they essentially built off the sample and did some work on it, but left it completely unchanged at the riff that appears at the end of the track.

Simply a smash sample if you ask me.Nice work Jay Z
Re: Jay Z And Roc Boys Sample Fela's "water No Get Enemy" by eldee(m): 12:32am On Apr 13, 2008
upload please
Re: Jay Z And Roc Boys Sample Fela's "water No Get Enemy" by mrjuwon: 2:16am On Apr 13, 2008
The download link is here. http://www.worldfamousnaijablog.com/2008/04/american-gangster-fela-mick-love.html

It was not done by Jay Z. It was done by this guy calle Mike Love. I am actually interviewing him soon. Enjoy.

(1) (Reply)

Who's Celebrity Slang Do You Like The Most? / Ondo Hip Hop Artiste Dedicates Song To GMB; Ajakaye "Sai Buhari" / How Can Upcoming Artiste Make Money From Their Singles/songs In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.