Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 (4881 Views)

Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! / Toyota Corolla 2005 Vs Lexus ES300 / What's The Best Engine Oil For Toyota Corolla 2005..total Or Mobil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by micfoley: 12:09am On Apr 27, 2013
Need help frm the auto gurus in the house. I acquired a toyota corolla 2005 in 2011. I had issues with the fuel pump in July 2012 & got an auto electrician to take a look. He said he fixed the problem by soldering the components and I continued with the car. I however noticed that sometimes when I step on the accelerator, it takes time to pick up speed. Last mth I drove to the airport 2 pick someone only for the car to refuse to start when I was ready to leave. Other motorists told me it was the pump and I got a mechanic who 'fixed'it but advised me to get a new one asap. I drove it 2 work the next day- a distance of abt 50km, but the car refused to to start when I tried to return home. I got a mech who cleaned the filter and started the car. As I dropped the guy at his w/shop the car refused to start. He then proceeded to give me another fuel pump with which I started d car. Few days later the car stopped while I was driving in town. I left the car for abt 1 hr, poured water into the radiator and started the car after noticing there was a leak in the water pump. I changed the water pump and asked another auto electrician to check the fuel pump. He said the new fuel pump as a fake and was the cause of the vehicle stopping mid drive He helped me get anoda which i used for abt 4 wks b4 the car stopped and refused to start while I was on the expressway frm work. I got a mechanic who checked and said d fuel pump was faulty and advised I get yet anoda. I did but the car again stopped and refused to start abt 10km away. I towed the car home and got a mech frm a toyota shop who took the fuel pump and casing for repairs. The car worked reasonably well for the first 2 days . On both days I drove to a destination , parked, spent 3-4hrs b4 re startingthe car without problems and returning home. On the 3rd day,on my way to work I STOPPED ABT 4KM FRM MY HOUSE TO GAUGE my tires. When the vulcaniser was thru, THE CAR REFUSED TO START. I CALLED THE mech who came abt 5hrs later and started the car in one attempt. WE then drove the car to his w/shop, abt 15km away without any problems to my surprise .He then said he wld change the spark plugs and clean the nozzles/injectors as those were likely the problems and not the fuel pump He assured I WLD have no problems after that. When he was done , I drove the car home without any problem .The next morning my wife drove the car to church but the car refused to start after the mass which was less than 1 hr. I went to pick the car in the evening abt 8hrs later and it started at the second attempt. I have parked d car at home since then. i BELIEVE THERE IS A FAULT WHICH KEEPS DAMGING THE FUEL PUMPS. What do u guys think?
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:53am On Apr 27, 2013
mic foley: Need help frm the auto gurus in the house. I acquired a toyota corolla 2005 in 2011. I had issues with the fuel pump in July 2012 & got an auto electrician to take a look. He said he fixed the problem by soldering the components and I continued with the car. I however noticed that sometimes when I step on the accelerator, it takes time to pick up speed. Last mth I drove to the airport 2 pick someone only for the car to refuse to start when I was ready to leave. Other motorists told me it was the pump and I got a mechanic who 'fixed'it but advised me to get a new one asap. I drove it 2 work the next day- a distance of abt 50km, but the car refused to to start when I tried to return home. I got a mech who cleaned the filter and started the car. As I dropped the guy at his w/shop the car refused to start. He then proceeded to give me another fuel pump with which I started d car. Few days later the car stopped while I was driving in town. I left the car for abt 1 hr, poured water into the radiator and started the car after noticing there was a leak in the water pump. I changed the water pump and asked another auto electrician to check the fuel pump. He said the new fuel pump as a fake and was the cause of the vehicle stopping mid drive He helped me get anoda which i used for abt 4 wks b4 the car stopped and refused to start while I was on the expressway frm work. I got a mechanic who checked and said d fuel pump was faulty and advised I get yet anoda. I did but the car again stopped and refused to start abt 10km away. I towed the car home and got a mech frm a toyota shop who took the fuel pump and casing for repairs. The car worked reasonably well for the first 2 days . On both days I drove to a destination , parked, spent 3-4hrs b4 re startingthe car without problems and returning home. On the 3rd day,on my way to work I STOPPED ABT 4KM FRM MY HOUSE TO GAUGE my tires. When the vulcaniser was thru, THE CAR REFUSED TO START. I CALLED THE mech who came abt 5hrs later and started the car in one attempt. WE then drove the car to his w/shop, abt 15km away without any problems to my surprise .He then said he wld change the spark plugs and clean the nozzles/injectors as those were likely the problems and not the fuel pump He assured I WLD have no problems after that. When he was done , I drove the car home without any problem .The next morning my wife drove the car to church but the car refused to start after the mass which was less than 1 hr. I went to pick the car in the evening abt 8hrs later and it started at the second attempt. I have parked d car at home since then. i BELIEVE THERE IS A FAULT WHICH KEEPS DAMGING THE FUEL PUMPS. What do u guys think?

i doubt that it is the fuel pump

get your car to proper mechanics have they started the fuel pressure on fuel rail to blame the pump ? even checking the regular ?
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by JUO(m): 10:22am On Apr 27, 2013
guess work. take your to car to a good workshop. those quack go destroy your motor like wetin them do my friend tourege
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 27, 2013
Its seems not be a fuel pump issue. Does d car jerk in motion? What's d performance like when its climbing a hill? Have u changed ur fuel filter? What's ur car's idle rpm like? Does ur car vibrate on idle when u are in traffic?
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by micfoley: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
To respond to some of the queries-it was vibrating on idle with the steering wheel jerking in motion b4 I CHANGED the fuel pump for the first time last mth. Meanwhile can anyone refer me to a good mech here in ABJ?
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by micfoley: 12:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
And yes the filter has been changed
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
Its not good for me to refer you 2 my mechanic. Since u've been 2 so many by now. What I can tell you is this. Check ur vehicle's idle rpm. D reading is on the dashboard when the car is on...Make sure its not too low. It can be adjusted from the distributor section...if its too low, your car will vibrate on idle...
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by chukel(m): 6:29am On May 01, 2013
I'm not an auto expert but av read a lot on auto issues. For the fact ur vehicle has problem with hot start and not cold start excludes the fuel pump. I think it has to do with ur fuel line. Elizade toyota and briscoe are in abuja. Check online for their location

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by Beulah09: 9:47am On May 01, 2013
It can be as simple as dirt (paper) in your tank that blocks the supply of fuel

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by chukel(m): 6:52pm On May 01, 2013
Scan the vehicle.
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by CHIMCO(m): 4:57am On May 03, 2013
Do you buy brand new pumps or tokumbo's pumps?
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by CHIMCO(m): 5:00am On May 03, 2013
Do you buy brand new pumps or direct tokumbo's pumps or repaired ones?
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by seechris(m): 11:04am On May 03, 2013
this is the same problem i encountered with my honda 1999/2000,had hot start problems,i visited numerous mechanics with no solution,then one mmechanic,serviced the nozzles,the car seemed alright afterwards then i sold it quickly,but on this forum have read about dangers of servicing nozzles,and how easy the nozzles can be damaged,so i guess i was lucky, your nozzles might have been damaged during servicing,check them again.
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by Lusola15: 11:12pm On May 03, 2013
Have u checked ur fuel pump relay? I tink dats where ur problem is
Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by micfoley: 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Thanx everyone. It turned out to be the relay as stated above. Sorry for not updating earlier.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 by baaliyah(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Congrats.
Next time bring ur problems here or go to a good auto shop. My civic was almost gone . They condemned nozzles, valves, fuel pump etc, when the problem was just plug cables.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Assume This Car Is Yours........... / Mercedes Benz C240 2004 Or Toyota Corolla 2005 / I Need A New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.