Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN (17670 Views)

Buhari, Time We Stopped Lying To Ourselves - Abimbola Adelakun / FG Sacks FAAN Director, Another Director’s Job On The Line. / Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by juventino: 2:03am On Apr 27, 2013
Why We Stopped Governor Amaechi’s Plane–faan

Mr. Amaechi has been having a running battle with the presidency over his stance on major national issues, making observers believe the stoppage of his plane was influenced by the presidency to slight him. He has in the past regularly used the airport without any hitches.

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, however, said it stopped Mr. Amaechi’s plane because the governor failed to declare the flight manifest.

The spokesperson of FAAN, Yakubu Datti, told PREMIUM TIMES that it was a laid down rule for any plane taking off from the airport to provide its manifest.

“The governor went to Akure and when he was ready to leave, he refused to declare his manifest and those at the control tower did not permit him and his team to take off,” Mr. Datti said

The spokesperson said there was no politics behind the agency’s actions saying “these are rules that have been stated down long time ago; even the president, before he takes off declares his manifest.”

He said Mr. Amaechi, the chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum, was eventually allowed to take off immediately he declared the flight manifest.

Source: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/131594-why-we-stopped-governor-amaechis-plane-faan.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=why-we-stopped-governor-amaechis-plane-faan
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by ekoilee: 2:19am On Apr 27, 2013
Odechukwu bad bele...

lmao

3 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by oshyno(m): 3:47am On Apr 27, 2013
Walahi dis eko ile sees GEJ in his dreams. Av formed a mind about u n u dont fail to disappoint.

21 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Goddex: 3:55am On Apr 27, 2013
Amechi is not above the law and should stop painting the picture of an oga fighting him all the time. I

3 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by ekoilee: 4:09am On Apr 27, 2013
oshyno: Walahi dis eko ile sees GEJ in his dreams. Av formed a mind about u n u dont fail to disappoint.

Thanks for confirming that Odechukwu = GEJ..

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by stepone(m): 4:22am On Apr 27, 2013
Will the president tell u the truth of the matter?

Real Odechwuku
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Rhino5dm: 4:26am On Apr 27, 2013
Keep making him popular by the day. This is exactly what Ameachi wants.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by splashbaby(m): 4:49am On Apr 27, 2013
This is like Obasanjo and Atiku feud...
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Tolexander: 4:59am On Apr 27, 2013
The Federal Airports Authority of
Nigeria, however, said it stopped
Mr. Amaechi’s plane because the
governor failed to declare the
flight manifest.
why would he declare his flight manifest after going to a funeral?

Where are Andrew Owoye Azazi and Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa that declared their flight manifest after the funeral in bayelsa state?

5 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Idokojimmy: 5:02am On Apr 27, 2013
At a time nigeria is trying to reposition the aviation sector, I believe thing must be done properly, not cuttting corners. What is the Big deal in declaring manifests. So many people have private jets and they still comply with aviation rules for safety purposes. Why is his becoming different. Nigerians must shelve sentiment. If we must get it right, then we must be prepared to do the right thing at all times

12 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Maxymilliano(m): 5:45am On Apr 27, 2013
But reacting the general manager of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria Mr Mohammed Datti, said the delay was due to non- documentation of the governor’s pilot with the control tower.

He explained that usually before a pilot lands, it is recorded by the control tower, and will only be certified by same for take-off.

He said contrary to speculations the delay had nothing to do with politics, but it was done in the interest of the governor’s safety.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/04/26/nama-grounds-amaechis-plane-in-akure/

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by onatisi(m): 5:48am On Apr 27, 2013
Idokojimmy: At a time nigeria is trying to reposition the aviation sector, I believe thing must be done properly, not cuttting corners. What is the Big deal in declaring manifests. So many people have private jets and they still comply with aviation rules for safety purposes. Why is his becoming different. Nigerians must shelve sentiment. If we must get it right, then we must be prepared to do the right thing at all times
my brother ,i tire for nigerians oo and how they reason,imagine someone even commented that why should he follow laid down rules and regulations.most of these anti gej people dont reason reasonably

9 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by ekoilee: 5:49am On Apr 27, 2013
Irrelevant till we hear Amaechi's side of the story.

Maxymilliano: But reacting the general manager of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria Mr Mohammed Datti, said the delay was due to non- documentation of the governor’s pilot with the control tower.

He explained that usually before a pilot lands, it is recorded by the control tower, and will only be certified by same for take-off.

He said contrary to speculations the delay had nothing to do with politics, but it was done in the interest of the governor’s safety.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Toktee(m): 6:39am On Apr 27, 2013
Idokojimmy: At a time nigeria is trying to reposition the aviation sector, I believe thing must be done properly, not cuttting corners. What is the Big deal in declaring manifests. So many people have private jets and they still comply with aviation rules for safety purposes. Why is his becoming different. Nigerians must shelve sentiment. If we must get it right, then we must be prepared to do the right thing at all times
I think andrew azazi decleared his,romotimi hoas to be smart in other to live long
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by OmoTier1(m): 7:20am On Apr 27, 2013
Maxymilliano: But reacting the general manager of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria Mr Mohammed Datti, said the delay was due to non- documentation of the governor’s pilot with the control tower.

Did sambo's wife also declare her manifest? When did ATC realise that no manifest was declared by the pilot? Can FAAN release the radio conversation between the pilot and ATC before He even started the engines of this aircraft? I do not believe in its entirety the versions of NAMA and FAAN, I await together further details from insiders.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by theripper3: 7:39am On Apr 27, 2013
Looks like standard practice to me. Well, there are 3 sides to a story. Make we hear the other one and deduce the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by IbroYaya: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2013
Tolexander: why would he declare his flight manifest after going to a funeral?

Where are Andrew Owoye Azazi and Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa that declared their flight manifest after the funeral in bayelsa state?

They have already told you that even the President's plane declares its manifest before taking off. Why bring Patrick Yakowa and Azazi to this matter? Where they taking off from an airport or where they flying a commercial or private Jet?Think with your head I beg!
Ameachi's captain knew the right thing to do, but failed to do it. Maybe his head is also becoming big like his master Ameachi!
Please leave GEJ out of this matter. Laws must be obeyed, period!!

6 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2013
We now hear more of Ameachi than our President, Retardeen.. So sad cry

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 27, 2013
Ijogz K: We now hear more of Ameachi than our President, Retardeen.. So sad cry

Useless monkey. U blame the govt for not doing things right and when they want to do the right thing u turn the story upside down. Nairalanders are mostly terrorists from the north and ethnic bigots from the west

18 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by ekoilee: 8:03am On Apr 27, 2013
Ibro Yaya:

They have already told you that even the President's plane declares its manifest before taking off. Why bring Patrick Yakowa and Azazi to this matter? Where they taking off from an airport or where they flying a commercial or private Jet?Think with your head I beg!
Ameachi's captain knew the right thing to do, but failed to do it. Maybe his head is also becoming big like his master Ameachi!

This remains rubbish till we hear Amaechi's sided of story...

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by onatisi(m): 8:06am On Apr 27, 2013
Ijogz K: We now hear more of Ameachi than our President, Retardeen.. So sad cry
only people like u hear more of ameachi,others dont

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by onatisi(m): 8:07am On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

This remains rubbish till we here Amaechi's sided of story...
keep waiting,they will send a full report to u very soon.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by teskyg: 8:09am On Apr 27, 2013
So many mad men in this forum from North and west.Most of you will keep whinning and crying until 2019.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Tolexander: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2013
Ibro Yaya:

so far you have hairs in your armpits like they are on your head doesn't mean you should replace your reasoning faculty with that putrid armpits. Did i mention GEJ in the post!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 27, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Keep making him popular by the day. This is exactly what Ameachi wants.
abi o! Amaechi is becoming famous while our presido is becoming more clueless and stewpid.

how are you darling ? I have missed you badly . wink

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 27, 2013
Tolexander: so far you have hairs in your armpit like they are on your head doesn't mean you should replace your reasoning faculty with that putrid armpit. Did i mentioned GEJ in the post!
lol!
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 27, 2013
We need a committee to be formed to review this action.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by nameo: 8:23am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: abi o! Amaechi is becoming famous while our presido is becoming more clueless and stewpid.

how are you darling ? I have missed you badly . wink

Why do you always sound stu.pid whenever you post a comment?? And to think that you are a married FEMALE!

Sorry, but that is what I have noticed about you

13 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Tolexander: 8:26am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: lol!
you better stop laughing before you exam supervisor sees you nairalanding in the jamb exam hall. All the best sister!
This year is your year in Jesus name!
Have you seen the expo i sent to your phone?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by talktimi(m): 8:28am On Apr 27, 2013
oshyno: Walahi dis eko ile sees GEJ in his dreams. Av formed a mind about u n u dont fail to disappoint.
what do you expect from an idi0t who uses the name of God (Chukwu) in vain ? Just ignore the bigotry infested houseboy abeg... cool

3 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by nameo: 8:28am On Apr 27, 2013
Why is it that Meaningless topics like these attract lots of comments? I expect this topics to get to 20 pages, with people on both sides busy arguing over issues that would make no impact whatsoever in Polity.

Why many of your guys argue over this thrash, important Intellectual topics like these:

https://www.nairaland.com/1158466/nigerias-wealth-over-rated

https://www.nairaland.com/1270875/nigeria-saves-4.2trn-manufactured-goods , are left unattended.

SMH for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by onatisi(m): 8:30am On Apr 27, 2013
nameo:

Why do you always sound stu.pid whenever post a comment?? And to think that you are a married FEMALE!

Sorry, but that is what I have noticed about you
yeee,mo gbe see uppercut blow.guy u bad gan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N23.29b Poll Bribe: Buhari To Determine Fate Of Recs / Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola / Ranches: FG To Use Own Land As States Resist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.