Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Share Your Job Interview Experiences - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Job Interview Experiences (11402 Views)

Funny Interview Experiences / ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' / State Your Job Interview Experiences Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Ogadtop(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
the first interview i had was with fideloty bank shortly after my nysc scheme.we went in in twos because we were much and time was running out.i went in with a lady.the lady made me look stoopid.before i could reason out any question they threw at us,she already provided the answer.an insider already gave her expo no doubt.the only question i was able to answer was my name and school i attended.i felt stewpid that day.
can you ppl share yours as well?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by iebanehita(m): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
Learn frm ur mistakes and prepare thoroughly for ur next interview so u dn't look stoopid in the nxt interview and d interviewer doesn't think u r actually stewpid.

Best of luck in ur jobsearch.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by jodam: 2:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
iebanehita: Learn frm ur mistakes and prepare thoroughly for ur next interview so u dn't look stoopid in the nxt interview and d interviewer doesn't think u r actually stewpid.

Best of luck in ur jobsearch.

What made you think he gat no job still Mr. Adviser?

Share yours//
Its boldy written//we aint looking for Mr. I sabi//

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by eduno: 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ladies like to be forward @ interviews. I have had something similar before. I was next in line to go for an interview only to be chanced by one lady.thank God everything still went well.
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by oyinaboderin(f): 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
;DFunny though, ladies o
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by iebanehita(m): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
jodam:

What made you think he gat no job still Mr. Adviser?

Share yours//
Its boldy written//we aint looking for Mr. I sabi//

if he has a job, he would be pleased to let us know.
Bsyds, i never claimed to be an expert in giving advice. Where did u get ur ideas frm?

U r asking me 2share mine?.. What is stoppin u frm sharin urs!
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Ogadtop(m): 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
iebanehita:

if he has a job, he would be pleased to let us know.
Bsyds, i never claimed to be an expert in giving advice. Where did u get ur ideas frm?

U r asking me 2share mine?.. What is stoppin u frm sharin urs!
thanks for ur contribution.i am gainfully employed now. i just want to hear ppl's first time experience. i learnt my lesson after that day though.
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by MissOpe(f): 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
front page please
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by greygoblings(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2013
My experience was when i went in for a WASH facillitator job for UNDP. I was to be in Zaria for that interview but i was based at PH. I traveled down a day to the interview and lodged at Zaria Hotel. On the morning of the interview, i arrived 2 hours before time and met a couple of other candidates. Later we were called in for a computer based test and the main interview. Every thing seems to be going well during the questioning and i thought that i had nailed the job but i was sent a rejection letter after a week.
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Ogadtop(m): 1:10am On Apr 28, 2013
greygoblings: My experience was when i went in for a WASH facillitator job for UNDP. I was to be in Zaria for that interview but i was based at PH. I traveled down a day to the interview and lodged at Zaria Hotel. On the morning of the interview, i arrived 2 hours before time and met a couple of other candidates. Later we were called in for a computer based test and the main interview. Every thing seems to be going well during the questioning and i thought that i had nailed the job but i was sent a rejection letter after a week.
whao! jon interview these days is like writing jamb.you cant be too sure until you see the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by greygoblings(m): 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2013
Oga-@-d-top:

whao! jon interview these days is like writing jamb.you cant be too sure until you see the outcome.
it's different from jamb oh! If your proposed boss to be likes your face, you've nailed the job, if you remind the boss of someone he used to like, you've nailed the job, the HR guys have little say here your proposed boss is the key. If he feels comfortable working with you, then you've got the job, if he likes women, one of the babes waiting to be interviewed has got the job. If they have a candidate, that candidate's got the job. Now you see that this ain't close to JAMB at all. When rejected, the thrill of being selected for an interview immediately turns to sorrow and you could taste your bile at the back of your tongue. Anyway it made me better until i nailed a job. Hope and pray that the odds are in your favor then always be better for the next interview until you are the best.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by oluwadare26(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2013
U didnt sound like a graduate
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by yuzedo: 11:05am On Apr 29, 2013
Well, in my final interview with Mobil, as i enter the interview room, dey advise me before dat i shud relax and crack joke wit interviewrs to show confident, so i enter, i siddon and the leda chair make noise like "pruuuuuu", so i laugh i say "hmmmm, who mess, tolo-tolo mess, teacher say na obi, obi say na teacher, na u mess', so d person i land on "na u mess" was d oga at the top, so he vex. shocked

Am working with their rival now. Total in Ikoyi. cool

But as fuel attendant.cry cry angry

45 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by kekakuz(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2013
At Τ̲̅ђέ interview I asked her Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω *Ǧ☺☺ϑ* she was in Mouth Action and she immediately offered to show me her prowess.

Oo u mean real live Job, sorry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 29, 2013
Got a new job recently…………….but damn, nothing comes easy.
We were about 6 candidates in total after all the short listing stuffz.
The company had communication issues on the interview day….
So luckily/unluckily, I was the only candidate that got interviewed the first day.
It was tough, I spent 45minutes with the interview panel……they drilled me from all possible angles.
But NO, I wasn’t that easy, Baba God was totally involved. It was as if God was speaking thru me.
I never imagined I could perform the way I did.
That was first level o (managers and some guy in HR)
Few days later second level (with director) o badt gan………..the man drill me like oil well.
I just kept my cool and hoped for the best. One other guy also came in later.
He sent our results to the HR.
You only get to know your status Fail/Pass when HR send pre employment medical form to you.
Thank God I got it………………it wasn’t easy. I owe it all to God. grin grin
My testimony.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by zangiff(m): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2013
i experienced an uncommonn scene called miracle. When i got there, i was asked some few questions and immediately d director glanced tru ma cv and asked questions of salary straight. We agreed and i was given a date of resumtion and table, chair and codes of the company
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Ejaisky: 11:44am On Apr 29, 2013
yuzedo: Well, in my final interview with Mobil, as i enter the interview room, dey advise me before dat i shud relax and crack joke wit interviewrs to show confident, so i enter, i siddon and the leda chair make noise like "pruuuuuu", so i laugh i say "hmmmm, who mess, tolo-tolo mess, teacher say na obi, obi say na teacher, na u mess', so d person i land on "na u mess" was d oga at the top, so he vex. shocked

You got me laughing out so loud.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by bumzel89(f): 11:46am On Apr 29, 2013
Well, jes got out of one now. Its really not good as the salary is so smallll. angry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
yuzedo: Well, in my final interview with Mobil, as i enter the interview room, dey advise me before dat i shud relax and crack joke wit interviewrs to show confident, so i enter, i siddon and the leda chair make noise like "pruuuuuu", so i laugh i say "hmmmm, who mess, tolo-tolo mess, teacher say na obi, obi say na teacher, na u mess', so d person i land on "na u mess" was d oga at the top, so he vex. shocked

LMAO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yuzedo..Your best one YET!!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by olapluto(m): 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
First 'adult' job interview was for GSK (as a research scientist) here in UK. I passed all the initial interviews (company knowledge, ethics, etc etc). The first face-to-face interview was the toughest 1 hour of my life until then. I am usually very relaxed and casual. The interviewer probably saw this and pounced on me!
It was a technical interview. Initial greetings done, he brought out 2 blank A4 papers. Then opened a set of questions in front of me. Gave me a pen and said I should start solving them. I had to take a deep breath and I started. He said it will take me 1 hour, but in my mind, I knew I could finish it in 25 minutes max. So I started...
First thing I wrote, he probed me on that. I had to explain everything I write verbally to him. I had to present alternative strategies, the possible side effects, and possible health and safety issues. I didnt know when 1 hour elapsed and I hadnt answered half of the questions.
He said he liked me and we should continue the interview. After almost 2 hours, we reached the final question. By this time, my eyes were really blurry red and I could barely make my way to the door. I had been intellectually wallopped. He called me 3 days after to say I am on a waiting list, in case the first 2 guys dont want the job. I didnt get the job! But the experience taught me a lot. After that, I'd been successful in 90% of interviews I go for.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
My interview with a TV Production company was so funny:

The oga asked me what I thought about digital media...and I started talking about using video games as leverage to reach customers

He asked me what console I use- I said playstation, he was an Xbox man...

We spent the last 30 minutes arguing about what console was better before the interview ended

I got a call from agent that evening to say I got the job as a Server Engineer.

I just dey laugh like animal- Not once did this bobo ask me any technical question relating the job specs...

Then again, he was Jamaican....

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Damojo: 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
Job interviews are like visa interviews. They already know if they will issue you the visa/job once they see u, u just need to convince them . If u must lie, be very brief and confident about.....I mean, look into the interviewers eyes and lie!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Coldblooded(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hmm! Mine was when I went for my very first interview last week as a fresher.Prior to d interview we wrote a test and was told that successful candidates would be contacted within period of 1 wk of d test.I waited but heard nothing from them, then moved on wit ma lyf only to be contactd 5wks later that I've an interview tomorrow. I felt numb immediately.

I was so tensed on d day of d interview cos I barely prepared for it. So, I was hoping 4 the first candidate to go in so I could get some ideas of the questions asked from him. My hope was cut short when my name was called 1st to hit d interview room. I almost blacked out!

D interview was a nightmare 'cos d position I was being interviewed was not what I applied for. I was told dat d position I applied for was not meant for freshers. D questions came lyk bullets, I felt defeated but I did my best not 2 pick a fight with dem(lol!). I tried d much I could to answer some but bungled the others.
Though I'm optimistic they will still give me the job.
Still waiting!!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by pharuk: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Got a handful

Very first interview was zenith bank some years back, we all stood in a confined room like un glorified chickens ready to slaughtered. There was a glass wall separating us from the interviewers so I relaxed my tired head on the wall, one corper then said I had seen all the questions the interviewers had to ask and I should leave. So more or less I dint do the interview at all =>Fail

First interview after Msc was with a Scottish guy, we both dint understand each other and both got tired of saying, “come again” =>Fail

Went for an interview and arrived 2mins before the start, the only parking space was a disabled bay. Parked and rushed to the interview, the interview got interrupted and I was forced to re park my car, by the time I came back, they told me the interview was over =>Fail

Did an interview for a hygiene company, the lady asked if I had experience washing plates, I told her as long as I can remember, I have been washing plates all my life , quite hilarious but the bastard dint still give me a job =>Fail

Went for one with an American company, the girl was so fine with British/American accent, all I remember was me complementing her and she just blushing and turning red  got the job but hatred it later.

Did a computer based test and scored 90%, they were amazed and one of the interviewers mumbled out loud, no one has gotten that score before and will be surprised if you don’t get the job, I went home rejoicing and telling people abt my new job, just to find out another bastard had 92%

Last Failed interview was with Jaguar Land Rover. The pay was stupid, couldnt believe they were X5 of what i was currently doing, I took someone with me because the journey was 3 hours, we gisted and i mentally forgot i was going for an interview. The first question is normally the most asked quetion and my opportunity to shine "why do you want to work here" for the sake of man and God - I went totally blank, kept on saying erm - erm, the man was even trying to help me, but sadly - it was an EPIC FAIL

Very last Interview experience.

Got an invite from one of the top FTSE companies, after the 2nd round the interviewer told me i had passed but they needed one more person to apply so they could have a comparison, and i will need a last interview. So i was waiting and praying that they dont find someone better than me.

While waiting I got another interview with the same company but diff roles, The last interview for both roles fell on the same day with a diff of one hour (meanwhile i havent told any of them abt the other interview)
After the first one, the woman told me congrats, you will hear from me, while i was doing the second job interview - she walked past the room and saw me.

This woman sat outside the interview room to ask "whats going on here" I wanted the ground to open and felt i lost both jobs.

Got home and a HR person told me i had to choose now. Cut story short i went for the second and till this date (more than a yr now) the woman hasn’t forgotten/forgiven me and doesnt even speak to me

Looking back, they were not funny then, but thank God for now cool

18 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by mkoabiola: 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
A whiteman frm indian interviwed me,I could bearly hear d questions because it was as if he was rapping in English.
I summon courage and I anmswered straight frm my heart without minding d real question.
I was offered d job but d salary was too small.
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by Coldblooded(m): 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2013

you are one lucky dude. I can't stop laughing... You are good jarre!! Congrats bro!!!!!
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by dc555: 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
greygoblings: My experience was when i went in for a WASH facillitator job for UNDP. I was to be in Zaria for that interview but i was based at PH. I traveled down a day to the interview and lodged at Zaria Hotel. On the morning of the interview, i arrived 2 hours before time and met a couple of other candidates. Later we were called in for a computer based test and the main interview. Every thing seems to be going well during the questioning and i thought that i had nailed the job but i was sent a rejection letter after a week.
sad, hope u got another one.
Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by iebanehita(m): 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Pharuk,,

Wow!!!.. Quite an Handful of Job Interview Experience.
Have def learnt sumtins frm u.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Interview Experiences by tinnymerit(m): 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
love what i have read here,am yet to go for my first.Reason:left school last year and now in asia trying to get practical and hands on knowledge on IT(telcomms and networking).wish you all the best.Hope to read more to garner experiences.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calapharm April 2018 Latest Recruitment (15 Positions) / Odun Environmental Limited Graduate Recruitment (8 Positions) / FG Bans Payment For Recruitment Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.