Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? (23060 Views)

A Young Nigerian With Possible HIV Cure Die In Isreal / GOODNEWS: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months / Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by citizenisb: 2:08am On Apr 28, 2013
Scientists on brink of HIV cure

Researchers believe that there will be a breakthrough in finding a cure for HIV “within months”.

Danish scientists are expecting results that will show that “finding a mass-distributable and affordable cure to HIV is possible”.

They are conducting clinical trials to test a “novel strategy” in which the HIV virus is stripped from human DNA and destroyed permanently by the immune system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10022664/Scientists-on-brink-of-HIV-cure.html

7 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by citizenisb: 2:09am On Apr 28, 2013
The move would represent a dramatic step forward in the attempt to find a cure for the virus, which causes Aids.

The scientists are currently conducting human trials on their treatment, in the hope of proving that it is effective. It has already been found to work in laboratory tests.

The technique involves releasing the HIV virus from “reservoirs” it forms in DNA cells, bringing it to the surface of the cells. Once it comes to the surface, the body’s natural immune system can kill the virus through being boosted by a “vaccine”.

In vitro studies — those that use human cells in a laboratory — of the new technique proved so successful that in January, the Danish Research Council awarded the team 12 million Danish kroner (£1.5 million) to pursue their findings in clinical trials with human subjects.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 2:10am On Apr 28, 2013
Not surprising.

Eventually, every disease will be me "curable", giving way to new diseases.

4 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by MrGlobe(m): 2:15am On Apr 28, 2013
The within months they mean here is years. we've heard that a million times. I expect condom makers and Anti Retroviral drug distributors and charities to to in break the research

1 Like

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 28, 2013
Laughable. It's either you have the cure or not. Which one is within months?

3 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Scarpon(m): 2:47am On Apr 28, 2013
HIV gotten a cure since last two yes the white cell transfer and one more method but the report said this two procedure is very dangerous

1 Like

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 28, 2013
Scarpon: HIV gotten a cure since last two yes the white cell transfer and one more method but the report said this two procedure is very dangerous

Da phuck iz you trying to say, soldier?

7 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 28, 2013
Good news, though i had began to look at hiv in a positive light, more people using condoms, therefore less unwanted babies. Overall hiv has been a blessing for my country (south Africa ), people were forced to be more open about sex, even children as young as ten are taught at school safe sex, and having one sexual partner. Hopefully people don't think they can go back to being reckless.

5 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Kairoseki77: 4:57am On Apr 28, 2013
zetdee: Good news, though i had began to look at hiv in a positive light, more people using condoms, therefore less unwanted babies. Overall hiv has been a blessing for my country (south Africa ), people were forced to be more open about sex, even children as young as ten are taught at school safe sex, and having one sexual partner. Hopefully people don't think they can go back to being reckless.

HIV IS SEEN AS POSITIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA?!?!

No wonder you guys have the highest AIDs rate in the world.

Send this to the front page!!

3 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 28, 2013
Michaeljones36:

HIV IS SEEN AS POSITIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA?!?!

No wonder you guys have the highest AIDs rate in the world.

Send this to the front page!!
You misunderstood, I said I personally saw the scourge of aids in my country in positive light, because most people practice safe se.x and are more educated about se.x due to massive education campaigns, therefore less unwanted babies and reckless behavior.

28 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by ziccoit: 5:28am On Apr 28, 2013
No disease created/existed without a cure that there is no one is an ignorance on our part.

1 Like

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 28, 2013
Ah that is a good development. It will help some people very much especially the guy that had a post on front page yesterday about having HIV in Asia. https://www.nairaland.com/1271204/hiv-positive-illegal-immigrant-advise

Hang tight my brother and stay strong! The cure is coming soon. smiley
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by ilenaira: 5:40am On Apr 28, 2013
zetdee:
You misunderstood, I said I personally saw the scourge of aids in my country in positive light, because most people practice safe se.x and are more educated about se.x due to massive education campaigns, therefore less unwanted babies and reckless behavior.
@zedtee, you're crediting everyone on this forum with sincerity, but stupidity and mischief abounds. You must learn to ignore most responses. wink

1 Like

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Feedmemore(f): 5:46am On Apr 28, 2013
A great American philosopher once said: "I believe that human ingenuity would be capable of providing a cure for every disease mankind could possibly know. I also believe that human greed would prevent the majority of those cures from ever seeing the light of day. It's distressing to think that humanity's pocketbook could ever outweigh humanity's heart."

14 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Kairoseki77: 6:51am On Apr 28, 2013
zetdee:

I can understand what you meant now.

Still, there are less deadly ways to learn to have less children. I think the racist SA government helped encourage the spread of AIDS because they thought it would curb the black population. Even to this day, the majority of the people suffering from it are black.

The human race was around for thousands of years before AIDS, and we still managed to get along just fine. If there was anything that encouraged reckless behavior it was probably the destruction of family values when AIDS killed so many parents.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by badmeat(m): 7:19am On Apr 28, 2013
Otula something!make una do quick abeg,I don tire foe condom tinz
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by vanunu: 8:44am On Apr 28, 2013
I also head that bee venom can destroy HIV without harming the cells.
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by azpekuliar: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2013
Scientists we await a cure for CANCER. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by White007(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2013
I hope all this is true. However, keep in mind that the HIV can lay dormant and then "re-activate". Many studies conducted have claimed many were eradicated of the virus only to have it re-develop later. Let's hope for the best..
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
Great job,guys!

That is what I called working hard to save humanity. I think we Africans should emulate this kind of way to make life better for all. We should put all our efforts in solving problems than harming ourselves and others.

It is time we start to carry out a soul-search plan to do what are required of any human being in carry forward our world for the good of all. Not just pointing accusing fingers while there are a lot of works to be done somewhere somehow about our existence.

I laud this program with all enthusiasm. Go Danish, you are the pride of Europe at the moment for conceiving such idea!

2 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
White007: I hope all this is true. However, keep in mind that the HIV can lay dormant and then "re-activate". Many studies conducted have claimed many were eradicated of the virus only to have it re-develop later. Let's hope for the best..
Didn't you read where it states they will be stripped off the human DNA and be destroyed? Whether they are active or dormant they will be stripped from human DNA as long as they can be identify as HIV.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by patholaw: 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
Now some Nairalanders can be cured.....
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by boron10(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
grin I see Nigerian population escalating to over one billion few months after the cure is discovered.

95% of Nigerians who have sex with condom do so for fear of contacting HIV.

1 Like

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by papaejima1: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Correct me if am wrong!

Was this not exactly what Dr Abalaka did using human blood in developing his crude vaccine?

Why then does it seem so wonderful now cos its being done by Danes using the same human blood?

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
I knew HIV/AIDS ll v cure sooner or later.
-----------------------
Last Bullet: Where is that Uniben Prof wey talk say he get cure for AIDS?
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nuzo1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
Michaeljones36:

I can understand what you meant now.

Still, there are less deadly ways to learn to have less children. I think the racist SA government helped encourage the spread of AIDS because they thought it would curb the black population. Even to this day, the majority of the people suffering from it are black.

The human race was around for thousands of years before AIDS, and we still managed to get along just fine. If there was anything that encouraged reckless behavior it was probably the destruction of family values when AIDS killed so many parents.

Sir, you didn't complete your propaganda.

So a quick question for you.

1. Did these white racists inject the blacks with this virus?

2. Were blacks deprived of sex education in their segregated schools?

3.Did the white racists make it a crime for blacks to use condom?

4. How many infected white racist have you heard of raping scores of black women for the purpose of infecting them?

5. Is condom $100 per pack in SA?

Just asking.

4 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by alaoeri: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
Oh boy flesh to flesh things, no more worries. *winks*

1 Like

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
When they are tru,and it is tested and proven...then i can say good news...but now it is just story
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by POLICECAP: 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
[size=14pt] if you think HIV cure is yet to come out, then you are a LEARNER.[/size]

[color=#red][size=14pt] the cure has been out for long but its been Suppressed cos anti-retro viral is a bigger business[/size][/color]

4 Likes

Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by tnktosin(m): 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
Joavid: When they are tru,and it is tested and proven...then i can say good news...but now it is just story
I agree wit u.
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by aieromon(m): 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
bayooooooo: Laughable. It's either you have the cure or not. Which one is within months?

They are at a critical stage of the clinical trials and they seem to be getting significant results in humans.

Let's wait and see the eventual outcome.
Re: HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? by albacete(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
zetdee: Good news, though i had began to look at hiv in a positive light, more people using condoms, therefore less unwanted babies. Overall hiv has been a blessing for my country (south Africa ), people were forced to be more open about sex, [size=14pt]even children as young as ten are taught at school safe sex, and having one sexual partner.[/size] Hopefully people don't think they can go back to being reckless.

Hmmm! teaching kids immorality and u call that blessing. i guess u need a dictionary.

So u would gladly tell ur ten year old son/daughter that it is okay to have sex (@ so young an age and outside of wedlock), only that s/he has to do it with a con.d.om and stick to one partner.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Therapy Room .. Nairaland! / Can I Still Get Pregnant With Sperm Leakage After Sex? / Medical Supplies Arrive In India As Coronavirus Cases Hit New Records (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.