Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

My Wife And Facebook - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And Facebook (3407 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife And Facebook by delinb: 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
I got married few months ago.Recently my wife told me she wanted to join Facebook which I decline telling her the dangers of social media to marriages but to my greatest surprise I found her on Facebook and my ex girl-friend in her friends list.

What do I do? Should I confront her or pretend as if I don't know about it?
Re: My Wife And Facebook by abbk000: 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
delinb: I got married few months ago.Recently my wife told me she wanted to join Facebook which I decline telling her the dangers of social media to marriages but to my greatest surprise I found her on Facebook and my ex girl-friend in her friends list.

Create a fake facebook page and add her as your friend, that way you can see what she's up to.
You should have allowed her to open the facebook account when she asked you and even opened it for her. That way you will have her password and there will be nothing to hide.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
What was her reason for insisting on opening one?
Re: My Wife And Facebook by delinb: 10:20pm On Apr 28, 2013

Create a fake facebook page and add her as your friend, that way you can see what she's up to.
You should have allowed her and even opened it for her. That way you will have her password and there will be nothing to hide.

Initially I wanted to but after having second thought I decided against it. Men facebook is not that safe for married couple.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by delinb: 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
What was her reason for insisting on opening one?

Her reason is exactly what I want to find out, how to go about it is what am thinking.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
Well Im wondering why she would ask you, you say no and then her do it anyway.. If she planned on just doing it anyway then why would she ask you?

Just ask her for the password so you can make sure she isnt being naughty. Surely she wouldnt get offended if its harmless.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
delinb: I got married few months ago.Recently my wife told me she wanted to join Facebook which I decline telling her the dangers of social media to marriages but to my greatest surprise I found her on Facebook and my ex girl-friend in her friends list.

Do you have a Facebook?
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

Do you have a Facebook?

How does that pertain to his wife disobeying him ?

If he does he can spy on her... IF she choses to allow him see what she posts.
If he doesnt.. same thing applies
His best chance is getting HER password. It has nothing to do with HIS facebook.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

If he does he can spy on her... IF she choses to allow him see what she posts.
If he doesnt.. same thing applies
His best chance is getting HER password. It has nothing to do with HIS facebook.

When the OP answers then we can begin to explore how it could all be related.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by SisiKill1: 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
Don't you have to be a certain age (18...I believe) to open a Facebook account?

So how was she able. . ..Oh I'm sorry, you said your WIFE thought I read your child.

Never Mind.

14 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by armyofone(m): 11:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
ummm, the she disobeyed him cracked me up. Lord/master and owner, well done.

I think at age 18 one is capable of making decisions undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by ibizgirl(f): 12:03am On Apr 29, 2013
I really don't understand, how is facebook bad for marriage? Why won't you allow your wife have a facebook account or do you have anything to hide.
My dear you are newly married and @ this stage the level of trust in your marriage should be @ its highest. Simply tell her you've noticed she is on facebook and ask her the password of her account. I know all my husband's passwords - Yahoo, hotmail, facebook and what have you and he knows mine.
Start your marriage on the right note.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 29, 2013
ibizgirl: I really don't understand, how is facebook bad for marriage? Why won't you allow your wife have a facebook account or do you have anything to hide. .

^^^ Bingo!

The guy probably still have something going on with his ex and his wife wants to find out. Abi a grown as s adult that just decided to have Facebook now, aisheshe mo pe she has her reasons best known to her?

OR undecided

My bad , no case of OR here.

OP answer the question, do you have a Facebook account? angry
Re: My Wife And Facebook by horlajide: 1:07am On Apr 29, 2013
OP i saw your initial post and i was about to conclude that you are one insecure dude. Your post below aided my rapid conclusion

delinb:

Men facebook is not that safe for married couple.

undecided Really??!!
if facebook isnt safe 4 ur wife what makes NL a safe haven 4 u?.
Besides you make it sound lyk its master-slave relationship,for heaven's sake its marriage.
Obviously you cant command her,you can only try and convince her which you failed to do.maybe you should lead by example and take down your facebook account!!
Besides what ugly past do you have with your ex that you're so desperate to bury.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by horlajide: 1:11am On Apr 29, 2013
Double post
Re: My Wife And Facebook by horlajide: 1:15am On Apr 29, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

It has nothing to do with HIS facebook.

i'd prefer if you would let him answer that question rather than be so quick to defend him.
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by mawuqueyan(f): 1:35am On Apr 29, 2013
If you aav nothing †̥☺ hide, cnfront her now but you sound scared..Op,Y are you scared, and ow does FB wreck havoc on marriages
Your hands are not clean!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 29, 2013
U told agrown woman not to open a facebk account bc she is married to u! Wetin my eye no fit c for here! And a few months marriage? Why did u marry her? To lord over her? To dictate her every move? I'm so happy she had ur ex contact too! So what r u doin here? I pray she is on nl also!let me tell u first rule of a successful marriage;freedom!
To dat guy dat said she disobeyed him,was that how u were brot up? Xters dey o!
But seriously @op,u rnt smart enuf,if u don't trust ur wife,that's a good opportunity to know by opening all d openable for her!even become her facebook friend! Instead,u open ur mouth to tell a full grown lady don't open a fb acc.u try!u rnt seen nothin yet!heart attack will soon kill u!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 29, 2013
horlajide:

i'd prefer if you would let him answer that question rather than be so quick to defend him.
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands

Im not quite defending him.. But she cared enough to ask his opinion.. Obviously she knew his stance on it prior if she would ask before doing it..

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by BabaOyo(m): 2:31am On Apr 29, 2013
All ye women saying his hand is not clean and all....i laugh in Oyo@ you all...add Ijebu laugh join am sef.
What i see is a wife disobeying her husband. Ahaa....master- slave relationship abi.....hell NO.
If she didn't ask him in the first place, goes to find someone to open it for her, then we can blow whistles of master and slave here.
What happened to convincing him to allow her open it ?
You see, ladies, when little stuff like this go on in marriages, it accumulates into bigger issues.
I for one will never take kindly to my wife going ahead to do something i had refused her behind my back.....she could do well to persuade me to allow her, not going behind, not so cool at all.
@Op.....tell her you know she opened an account and she should give you the password. No be by force o, talk amicably with madam abeg.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Enegod(m): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2013
send her a friendship request then tell her to change the relationship status to "married to..." if you don't trust her

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by biolabee(m): 7:58am On Apr 29, 2013
I like the angle of someone who may not be pure and is covering his tracks but it could also be because some people get addicted to social media to the dtriment of the REAL PEOPLE around them

They neglect their spouse and you see them on social network all the time
Funny they never see that they have a problem

This also goes to BB, Nairaland also

That may be his concern

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by ibizgirl(f): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2013
Abeg how many such people do you know? Are you married? This guy's lack of trust in his newly married wife is what gets me.
Please is his wife a virgin? If no that means she also has her own ex bf(s) to deal with.
In most marriages of today neither party is a virgin but you get married believing all the ex(s) will remain just that and move ahead with your lives.
Any man who tells his wife not to open a fb account because fb is not good for marriage has something to hide period.
Make me wonder how old the wife is that the doesn't have fb account to start with

biolabee: I like the angle of someone who may not be pure and is covering his tracks but it could also be because some people get addicted to social media to the dtriment of the REAL PEOPLE around them

They neglect their spouse and you see them on social network all the time
Funny they never see that they have a problem

This also goes to BB, Nairaland also

That may be his concern

Re: My Wife And Facebook by delinb: 8:30am On Apr 29, 2013
I really don't understand, how is facebook bad for marriage? Why won't you allow your wife have a facebook account or do you have anything to hide.
My dear you are newly married and @ this stage the level of trust in your marriage should be @ its highest. Simply tell her you've noticed she is on facebook and ask her the password of her account. I know all my husband's passwords - Yahoo, hotmail, facebook and what have you and he knows mine.

I have a Facebook but I only use it to communicate with my abroad. I do stay abroad but I have been home for 1year now and I intend staying here for another year for the sake of my marriage. I dont have anything to hide serious but am not just comfortable with Facebook.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by delinb: 8:31am On Apr 29, 2013

I have a Facebook but I only use it to communicate with my friends abroad. I do stay abroad but I have been home for 1year now and I intend staying here for another year for the sake of my marriage. I dont have anything to hide serious but am not just comfortable with Facebook.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by freecocoa(f): 8:41am On Apr 29, 2013
Why does she even have to ask you before opening a FB account?

I'm sure if she didn't have one before marriage and decides to get one after, then she's trying to catch you for something best known to her.

You even told her not to get one when you have one, you are definitely hiding something. Just how the hell do some women marry men that treats them like maids? Mscheew.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by CharlesShaw(m): 8:43am On Apr 29, 2013
There r more important things to worry ur head about in ur Marriage than fb.
If that stil discomforts u, request for the Password, in a soft way.
Don't Boss it.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by delinb: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2013
Facebook has made her a bit lazy. First time in anything comes with great excitement. In the morning she will not wake up without first rushing to her phone, I even remind her about early morning prayer this days and even preparing breakfast too all this has become second priority to Facebook.

This is some of the reason why I said is not too good for marriage.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Don't you have to be a certain age (18...I believe) to open a Facebook account?

So how was she able. . ..Oh I'm sorry, you said your WIFE thought I read your child.

Never Mind.
Lol
Re: My Wife And Facebook by biolabee(m): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2013
ibizgirl: Abeg how many such people do you know? Are you married? This guy's lack of trust in his newly married wife is what gets me.
Please is his wife a virgin? If no that means she also has her own ex bf(s) to deal with.
In most marriages of today neither party is a virgin but you get married believing all the ex(s) will remain just that and move ahead with your lives.
Any man who tells his wife not to open a fb account because fb is not good for marriage has something to hide period.
Make me wonder how old the wife is that the doesn't have fb account to start with

Woman it is you who should open your mind

I accepted that he may have something to hide but you don't want to accept the potential distracting effects of social media on a relationship

Do you want me to bring examples of people who have hooked up with their exes or had flings via social media

What does being married or not have to do with my comment
Re: My Wife And Facebook by freecocoa(f): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2013
delinb: Facebook has made her a bit lazy. First time in anything comes with great excitement. In the morning she will not wake up without first rushing to her phone, I even remind her about early morning prayer this days and even preparing breakfast too all this has become second priority to Facebook.

This is some of the reason why I said is not too good for marriage.
Yeah right, so she never heard about FB till after marriage? I mean she had all the time to FB without any worries as a spinster, why is it now that FB is taking all her time?

There's more to this story abegi.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by mawuqueyan(f): 9:43am On Apr 29, 2013
Ow cum your wife dnt av a FB acc at her age and she's all bent in opening one now undecided
May God help una...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Spouse Matchmakers / Which One Do You Prefer? Tissue Paper To Clean-up After Pee Or Water To Clean-up / Order Your Quality Vitafoam Mattresses Here - Brand New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.