Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,143 members, 7,780,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? (12670 Views)

WAEC Dragged To Federal High Court Abuja Over Examination Malpractice / Pictures: Could This Be The Best Way Of Curbing Exam Malpractice In Nigeria? / The Economic Importance Of Exam Malpractice: A Must-read Before Your Next Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
Its obvious today that Nigerian had turn malpractice to a routine habit witout feeling any guilt...

Even some parent suppost this, they pay for their wards to pass

Bt am confuse, sumone who uses runs(malpractices) would pass bt sumone who read, and burns candle wuld fail, does it mean dat God support exam malpractise or wat?

Fb: Examination malpractice shall be defined as all forms of cheating which directly or indirectly falsify the ability of the students. Outside an examination hal and any involvement in all illegal examination-related offences.
Forms of cheatin are categorized as follows:
A. Cheating within an examination Hall/Room
1. Coping from one-another/exchanging questions/answers sheets.
2. Bringing in prepared answers, coping from textbooks, notebooks, laboratory specimens or other instructional aids smuggled into the examination hall.
3. Collaboration with an invigilator/lecturer where it involves the lecturer proving written/oral answers to a student in the examination hall.
4. Oral/written communication between/amongst students.
5. Bringing in prepared answers written or oral from any person(s) outside an examination hall.
6. Receiving information whether written or oral from any person(s) outside an examination hall.
7. Refusal to stop writing at the end of the examination
8. Impersonation
9. Non-submission of answers scripts from the examinationhall.
10. Illegal removal ofanswer scripts from the examination hall.
11. Coping laboratory and field work reportsand or term papers of others.
12. Manipulation of registration forms in order to sit for an examination for which the student is not qualified
13. Sitting for an examination for which the student is not qualified as a result of manipulation of registration forms.
14. Colluding with a medical doctor in order to obtain an excused duty/medical certificate on groundsof feigning illness.

Cheating outside the examination hall/room

1 Like

Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by k2039: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
See JAMB question?
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
k2039: See JAMB question?
olodo u c optn 4 deir am sure u re amng them.
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Gboliwe: 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
undecided
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Gboliwe: 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
Fynestboi: olodo u c optn 4 deir am sure u re amng them.
smh
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ok
Gboliwe: Are you writing WAEC SSCE this year? You will need to improve on your written English. You can do it. Wish you goodluck.
u dey make me laff... U fit cum mai aus na.. Cum lecture me how to write english
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2013
Mr Gboliwe y nt gv ansa to d questn on ground oda dn tryng to wave d questn coz am sure u re one of them and if nt one of them then probably u re in support, if nt u wnt write wats diverse to wat we re discusng here...
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Trendytessy(f): 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
Dat no.4 is nt a sin o., u dn't expect a person 2 knw everytin.
Moreover,is exam malpractice a sin enlisted in d bible?
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Odunhana: 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
@Finestboy u don't need to argue with them all.

The wind will soon blow and we would see the Anus of the foul.

1 Like

Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Adex097: 12:05am On Apr 29, 2013
IS IT A SIN TO SIN ? I need answers
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 29, 2013
Hmm...nice thread..
Exam malpractice....!!...
Its a sin...run away from it..

I consider a sin something u do and ur conscience is nt clear wif..something u believe ur God is nt happy wif......n dats exam malpractice......
Sometimes i wonder why Nigerians engage in exam malpractice...#when u can actually study hard and come out in flying colours...
Buh because of laziness and corruption that has retarded d growth of dis nation...
Seriously speaking,i dnt c a bright future in dis country...
We all complain our leaders are corrupt....For Christ's sake,y nt 4get abt d present leaders n fink abt d leaders of 2mao, d future of d nation...it all starts 4rm exam malpractice!..
I see 3 things u must think of...-
¤loyalty to ur Nation
¤loyalty to ur flesh
¤loyalty to ur conscience
in any case where there is
a kind of feat..u have to let ur loyalty to ur conscience act...and when it acts u feel exam malpractice is a sin

some might claim its nt a sin...buh i tell u today brethren-its a sin..its nt written in d bible as exam malpractice...buh exam malpractice is cheating,fraud,stealing,lying and any other sin u can think of...

Think abt d future.,ur children..,think abt when u'l b called upon to serve ur fatherland.
I have never done it,i will neva do it,no mata d situation...i prefer to fail than to pass knowing deep in myself dat i didnt do it...
If u knw u can't read and study hard..y on earth are u finking of education,u should look 4 how to bcom a carpenter or a mechanic...

Desist from it..its nt gud...*one day monkey go go market,e no go return..;what if ur monkey does nt return from dat next market its going to.....what if u get caught..*jail tinz*...

What v bn saying is Exam malpractice is a din punishable by God

3 Likes

Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 6:36am On Apr 29, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Hmm...nice thread..

I consider a sin something u do and ur conscience is nt clear wif..something u believe ur God is nt happy wif......n dats exam malpractice......
Sometimes i wonder why Nigerians engage in exam malpractice...#when u can actually study hard and come out in flying colours...
Buh because of laziness and corruption that has retarded d growth of dis nation...
We all complain our leaders are corrupt....For Christ's sake,y nt 4get abt d present leaders n fink abt d leaders of 2mao, d future of d nation...it all starts 4rm exam malpractice!..
¤loyalty to ur Nation
¤loyalty to ur flesh
a kind of feat..u have to let ur loyalty to ur conscience act...and when it acts u feel exam malpractice is a sin

some might claim its nt a sin...buh i tell u today brethren-its a sin..its nt written in d bible as exam malpractice...buh exam malpractice is cheating,fraud,stealing,lying and any other sin u can think of...

Think abt d future.,ur children..,think abt when u'l b called upon to serve ur fatherland.
I have never done it,i will neva do it,no mata d situation...i prefer to fail than to pass knowing deep in myself dat i didnt do it...
If u knw u can't read and study hard..y on earth are u finking of education,u should look 4 how to bcom a carpenter or a mechanic...

Desist from it..its nt gud...*one day monkey go go market,e no go return..;what if ur monkey does nt return from dat next market its going to.....what if u get caught..*jail tinz*...

bt do u knw sum get involve in malpractice witout deir conscience priking them...
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 6:36am On Apr 29, 2013
Odunhana: @Finestboy u don't need to argue with them all.

The wind will soon blow and we would see the Anus of the foul.
confirm
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 6:45am On Apr 29, 2013
Adex097: IS IT A SIN TO SIN ? I need answers
funny it s
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Nellyunique: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2013
Trendytessy: Dat no.4 is nt a sin o., u dn't expect a person 2 knw everytin.
Moreover,is exam malpractice a sin enlisted in d bible?
u dont need to see the word'exam malpractise' in the bible to know that it is wrong.It is called cheating and dishonesty and all of these are wrong.Also the Bible asked us to obey authorities,right?....Exam malpractise encourages laziness on the part of the students and God frowns at laziness.
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 7:56am On Apr 29, 2013
Nellyunique: u dont need to see the word'exam malpractise' in the bible to know that it is wrong.It is called cheating and dishonesty and all of these are wrong.Also the Bible asked us to obey authorities,right?....Exam malpractise encourages laziness on the part of the students and God frowns at laziness.
nice one...
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Nellyunique: 8:00am On Apr 29, 2013
To add to my previous post,anyone who engages in exam malpractise does not love his/herself.So dont think that you are sharp because the truth is that you are only hurting your future,take it or leave IT!....Time would tell
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2013
Fynestboi: bt do u knw sum get involve in malpractice witout deir conscience priking them...
well,thats because they fink they can't make it without it......
Anyways..i pity their futureless futurelessness
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Nellyunique: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2013
Fynestboi: bt do u knw sum get involve in malpractice witout deir conscience priking them...
That is because it has become the new normal even robbers who kill dont feel bad,does it mean that it is right?....Ignorance is not an excuse and come to think of it,why do they hide when strict invigilators come into the hall?
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by danox(m): 11:21am On Apr 29, 2013
God richly bless you for this write-up
Dr.'Hesjay:
Hmm...nice thread..

¤loyalty to ur Nation
¤loyalty to ur flesh

Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 11:58am On Apr 29, 2013
Nellyunique: That is because it has become the new normal even robbers who kill dont feel bad,does it mean that it is right?....Ignorance is not an excuse and come to think of it,why do they hide when strict invigilators come into the hall?
exactly
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
A Boy traveled to Lagos after his WAEC result was out so that his Uncle willhelp him get admission into the University of Lagos to study medicine and become a medical doctor....
The following conversation happened between them:
Boy: Uncle, I learnt its difficult to get admission into the university these days except you are well connected...
Uncle: That's true...
Boy: Since you are connected, I came to ask you if you can help me get admission into the university after my JAMB....
Uncle: That's true... am connected and I will help u....
Boy: Thank you Uncle....
Uncle: You welcome...so how is your result, is it WAEC or NECO and how many credits did you get?
Boy: Uncle, it's WAEC, I had only two credits in agric andYoruba language but I failed the rest...
Uncle: Well, that's not bad... you can still be a doctor, not a medical doctor really but native doctor (babalawo)...
You will use your credit in agric in collecting herbs fromthe forest, and Yoruba language for incantations...

2 Likes

Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by gameboy727(m): 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
It has eaten deep into our students. They can't do without it that's why most of them are flushed out by the post UME exam.
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by phtemie(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
What else would it be if not a sin?
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Giftdavids(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2013
does are d ones dat av killed their conscience!
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 8:26am On May 16, 2013
Parent re d cause of Exam malpractice

A SENIOR lecturer at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Dr Kehinde Ayoola, has blamed desperate parents for the increasing rate of examination malpractice.

Speaking to Vanguard Learning, Ayoola said students misuse their leisure time with distraction like play stations, facebook, among others leaving their parents, who are desperate for their ward to be admitted into institutions of higher learning no choice but to engage in the act.

“Despite security and punitive measures put in place to check the act, exam malpractice has continued to thrive in every national and internal exams in our schools.

The withholding of 12,110 results for the year’s UTME proves that more still needs to be done to stem the tide.

“Students have wrong notions of examinations and, as a result, they don’t adequately prepare which inadvertently leads to their failure.”

Proffering solutions, Ayoola called for a nation wide campaign on the dangers of engaging in the act. He also tasked the NigerianUnion of Teachers (NUT) and other concerned NGOs to work with the public and the government to rid the system of this act.

Advising students to be more studious and build their future on honesty and sincerity, Ayoola said “when the foundation is faulty, the building is sure to collapse.”
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by roli21: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Its sin to dos who belive it is.....som of u r callin it cheatin,,nw lemme tel u..students r bein cheated too because des examiners..waec jamb n co do set way 2 hard questions 4 top students n average student cudnt comprehend knwin fuly wel hw bad our educational system is,,some teachers dnt even teach nytin in clas @al............so i dnt blame parents who suport des practice because it wat d nigerian edu system caused in dist place...if students r wel taught n edu is easy 4 al...i tel u al dis waec questions wud b very easy n der wud b nutin like malpractice in nigeria.....take a look @foreign schools.,u wnt hear of such malpractice because de r wel taught n dia questions r al comprehendable
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Emylexray(m): 8:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lame question undecided
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Idrismusty97(m): 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
Its a LAW and LAWS are created by humans.A wise saying goes like this

"learn the rules so you know how to break them"

Before you break the law.Think deeply why that law is created.Is it for the benefit of the country?,Is it because of they selfish interest?(To make more money from the masses who failed),Is it to strengten the educational sector?Etc

Once more before judging anyone,put yourself in his/her shoes.Eg A science student who go to a school where they is not any apparatus.he/she has no practical idea of his subject.what can you expect?
A school without qualify teachers will have no choice but to help her student.
You should also know that every parent are not the same(No father will be happy to pay waec fees for his child 5 times)
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Adex097: 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2013

7. Refusal to stop writing at the end of the
examination
Hehehehe....grin
Re: Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? by Fynestboi: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
Emylexray: Lame question undecided
why is it lame undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) / Can Jamb Offer A Candidate With Two Admission / ASUU Strike : No End In Site - Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.