Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? (17438 Views)

Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Which Nigerian Soap Opera Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Dospix(m): 10:55pm On Apr 28, 2013
Many successful & critically acclaimed movies in the Western World have been adapted from books/novels.

Examples are The Count Of Monte Cristo, Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, The Last of the Mohicans, Wuthering Heights, Lord of the Rings, The Da Vinci Code, Dracula, Alice In Wonderland, Anna Karenina, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Les Miserables, Memoirs of a Geisha, Jurrassic Pack, The Sum of all Fears, Clear and Present Danger, A Time to Kill, Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, The Runaway Jury, The Pelican Brief etc

Coming back home, the same cannot be said to be true as very few of our novels/books have been adapted into movies.

This leads me to the question, which Nigerian book would you want to be made/adapted into a movie that you'll pay good bucks to go watch at the Cinema? It could even be a book/novel by a Nairalander. Let's hear em

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by k2039: 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
THE TRIALS OF BROTHER JERO by Wole Soyinka

16 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by sholay2011(m): 12:29am On Apr 29, 2013
1. 'Agbako nile tete'- A Yoruba book I read in my secondary school days. Very interesting.

2. 'Ojo buruku esu gbomi mu'- Another Yoruba book I enjoyed.

3. 'Joys of motherhood' by Buchi Emecheta.

4. 'Purple Hibiscus' by Chimamanda.

10 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by olatomiwa(f): 1:23am On Apr 29, 2013
"Lagos Na Wa, I swear!" An xrated nigerian book I read in the 80s

4 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Dospix(m): 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
I would rather prefer books with setting that gives a vivid portrayal of the Nigerian Traditional society. Books like, Things fall apart, Joy of Motherhood, The concubine...i would also love 2 see a book centered on d hausa and Yoruba tradition as a movie

9 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by adexsimply(m): 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
EZE GOES TO SCHOOL
THE SECRET OF THE SHEIK
ECHOES OF MERCY
i read some nice books by Cyprian Ekwensi..but av forgotten most of the titles..i think nigeria has a problem with proper documentation of their books..you cant even google most of their books to search for author names and... angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Seun(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
Purple Hibiscus could make a great movie. The role of the protagonist's dad could launch an actor's career if well performed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Odunharry(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
The lion and the jewel by Prof.Wole Soyinka.

8 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by mike404(m): 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
THERE WAS A COUNTRY--- PROF CHINUA ACHEBE sad

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by drnoel: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
Eze goes to school.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Odunharry(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
purple hisbiscus too..though im nt a great lover of story books.

www.nairaland.com/1268009/spell-ur-name-4m-back
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
Medicine for money by smo aka
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by slimyem: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
D.O Fagunwa series..cool
...and of course,Bayo Ajomogbe a very nice book depicting Ibadan setting and lifestyle probabaly in the 60's or 70's.

6 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by wheesin(m): 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
Who knows Jacob Havent You Gotten Your Bicycle Yet...men that book is one hell of comedy...The Potters Wheel and the purple hibiscus...these books are great and would make sense if filmed.. I once read a book titled AKI AND PAWPAW..lolz

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by meracool(m): 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
Potter's Wheel by Chukuemeka Ike

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Eurex79: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
Purple Hibiscus by Adichie•™

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by blackmale(m): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
evbu my love and ''ogboju ode ninu igbo irumale''

14 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by dnawah(m): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Mark of the cobra by Valentine Alily,
the Undesirable Element by Mohammed Sule,
Evbu My Love by Helen Ovbiagele.all na pacesetters series grin

15 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Atoto arere.
If havnt read it, u dnt knw wot u are missing!

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Enegod(m): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
adexsimply: EZE GOES TO SCHOOL
^^^
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by armadeo(m): 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
Return of lightening by red mosquito if he ever finishes it. Still thinking of nigerian actors for their roles,they'll probably just mess a good script up. Well idris elba as sango.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Uwem2009(m): 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
I would love to watch a movie based on the novel: Joys of motherhood by buchi emecheta...but the problem is if our nigerian actors and actresses will be able to convey that passion,message and emotions felt when one actually reads the novel
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by pure123: 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
AGONY IN HER VOICE
STATE SECRET
NAIRA POWER

THEY ARE ALL MACMILLIAN PACETTER'S SERIES....
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by mrjingles(m): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
1. An African Night's Entertainment
2. The Passport of Mallam Iliya
3. On the road
4 Mark of the Cobra
5. Stop Press: Murder
6. The South African Affair
7. Christmas in the city
8. Bloodbath at Lobster close
9. The Smugglers
10. The Instrument
11. Stone of vengeance
12. The Worshippers
etc etc

17 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by silica(m): 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dospix: I would rather prefer books with setting that gives a vivid portrayal of the Nigerian Traditional society. Books like, Things fall apart, Joy of Motherhood,The concubine ...i would also love 2 see a book centered on d hausa and Yoruba tradition as a movie
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by dnawah(m): 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
blackmale: evbu my love and ''ogboju ode ninu igbo irumale''
"evbu"i never want throw way d book,even as him don tear tear finishgrin.them still d market?

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by sholay2011(m): 6:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Seun: Purple Hibiscus could make a great movie. The role of the protagonist's dad could launch an actor's career if.well performed.
The dad was the antagonist I think, not protagonist...

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by adexsimply(m): 6:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
slimyem: D.O Fagunwa series..cool
on point
Aditu Eledumare... ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmale...ireke onibudo smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by adexsimply(m): 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
mrjingles: 1. An African Night's Entertainment
2. [size=13pt]The Passport of Mallam Iliya[/size]
3. On the road
4 Mark of the Cobra
5. Stop Press: Murder
6. The South African Affair
7. Christmas in the city
8. Bloodbath at Lobster close
9. The Smugglers
10. The Instrument
11. Stone of vengeance
12. The Worshippers
etc etc
that book is sooooooooo... a pity you cant get those kind of books in our bookshops anymore..nigeria is sooooo... sad sad sad..

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by yuzedo: 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
wot about Better Lover [size=18pt]mojo[/size] magazin?? tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Fynestboi: 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
meracool: Potter's Wheel by Chukuemeka Ike
yeah dats wat i want to write and also the succesor
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Fynestboi: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: I Was Shot By Armed Robbers – Queen / Profile Of Christy O, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / NTA 2 Channel 5 Now Live On Comcast Digital Cable In MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.