Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Smokers Are Liable To Die - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smokers Are Liable To Die (9316 Views)

Smokers Are Liable To Die Young. And Your Still Smoking? / Thread For Weed Smokers. / Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smokers Are Liable To Die by Cashrill(m): 12:32am On Apr 29, 2013
Everyone knows by now that smoking is a leading cause of cancer , heart disease, and other life-threatening and chronic conditions. Smokers considering quitting, or those who have already quit, often believe that the damage inflicted on thelungs from smoking will not only cease, but will alsoreverse. According to experts, this is only partly true.
While some parts of the lungs may heal from the damage caused by smoking, much of the damage is permanent and will leave smokers (and quitters) at an increased risk for a range of health problems.
Smoking destroys cilia, which are tiny hairs in your lungs located in a thin layer of mucus in the upper airways and breathing tubes. The cilia's main function is to protect your lungs against infection. Dirt and pathogens, which are trapped by the layer of mucus, are pushed up and out of the lungs by the wave-like movements of the cilia. This makes the cilia the lungs' natural cleaning and repair system. This system in general, and the ciliain particular, are paralyzed and destroyed by the poisons in cigarette smoke. However, functioning cilia can begin regenerating within a few days of quitting smoking, and may completely return to their original functioning after an extended period; statistics show that people who have quit smoking reduce their risk of developing lung cancer to that of a person who has never smoked, within 10 to 15 years after quitting.

Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die by tunde1200(m): 6:04am On Apr 29, 2013
interesting to know these for all smokers and me casual smoker.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die by dominique(f): 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
@op, everybody is liable to die one day. That's the arguement a chain smoker would make.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die by biggy4joe(m): 12:05pm On May 16, 2013
Nice info,i quit smoking last week and i pray 2 God 2 see me through in dis...Smoking kills,
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 16, 2013
It's difficult to help a chain smoker ,really difficult.it's sad that some have selfishly chosen this path not minding what their love ones will feel If they die of smoke associated illnesses.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die by deols(f): 7:13pm On May 16, 2013
People who smoke know the truth but go ahead and do so still.

well, only they can explain why. I saw ds ad and cldnt but wonder..had to take d pix

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Black Seed/oil (dosage) / Adesina: Presidential Aides Testing Positive To COVID-19 Shows They’re Human / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.