Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,466 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts (26968 Views)

Man With Wife & Kids Caught Stealing A Mobile Phone On CCTV In A Bank (Photos) / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Avenir(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
I suddenly received transaction alert email from Access Bank today (I assumed previous ones have gone to spam email) and found out that since January, Access Bank has been taking 400 naira (200 naira twice a month) from my account as a service charge and also taking 10 naira every month as VAT.

I didn't understand these debit charges because the account is not a current account and there has been no transaction on the account (no debit card, no passbook issue, no withdrawal, no payment, etc) since Access Bank took over the account from Intercontinental. I can't recall being advised that my account has turned to a monthly fee paying account and I don't know why I need to pay VAT every month when I have not bought anything.

I sent an email to access bank and they replied tersely that it is their new annual charge of 200 naira. However, this is not an annual charge on my account as my account is hit 3 times a month with a total of 410 naira in charges. Moreover, I have not previously been advised about the introduction of an annual charge.

Is any other person being hit with these charges? Is this the new banking system in Nigeria? Is this specific to accounts taken over from Intercontinental bank and access bank way of recouping their purchase cost? I don't think I will like to help they pay their purchase cost and I plan to close my account when I come to Nigeria. This sound like daylight robbery.

6 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2013

Do send more emails and text sms to them, thats more surer than this blast
Twitter handle is @myaccessbankplc
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Hardfact: 6:44am On Apr 30, 2013
I recall I experienced something similar. It wasnt hard for me to render the AccessBank account dormant as I had others too. You can take it up with them but bear in mind they created this thing called Service Charge which keeps cutting some noticeable amounts from your account. I really enjoyed that bank when it was still IB PLC.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by dearestsewa(f): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2013
Hey, I thot I was d only one oh. I ddnt want 2talk b4 pple wl start abusing me abt my chicken change in d bank. What I jst did ws 2stop depositing cash in2 d acct since last yr.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by dridowu: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
Cooperate stealing

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by yuzedo: 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Lemme go and check my account balance.. If I don't see my complete N214,697,000,000.000 I swear somebody gonna die! angry angry angry

10 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by pek(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
I really enjoyed intercontinental bank. Didnt have any complaints and i was getting small change on my account. But the opposite is the case now. They keep on collecting my money for no just cause. God dey!

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by mankand(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Had the same problem. Complained but he lady said it is service maintennce charge. I don port go stanbic since, enjoying their service though.

I am thinking i should port my company account to stanbic sef, but make my oga at the top comment first

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by buklan4realyah(f): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
tink so.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by life4all: 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
I had the same experience with AccessBank, I sent them an e-mail but there was no response. It was initially #100/ month either you use the account that month or not so they have graduated to #200 now.

I have not done any transaction on that account since almost a year and I do not plan to since I have a better bank that do not need to steal from my account every month.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Chubhie: 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
i noticed same.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by coalcoal1(m): 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
I had similar experiences too. Money was being deducted anyhow. I made sure I withdrew to minimum balance and the money was still being deducted. When I checked my account about a year later, I discovered that my account was in minus. I just said to myself that these people must be mad. How can a savings account run into negative balance?

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by konn: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
access bank are doing corporate stealing 200 monthly i noticed it early so i withdrew my money to minimum balance iv not checked by balance recently maybe it will be in negative now stupid thieves really enjoyed ibplc i don port go GTB
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by great063(m): 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
Access bank...
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by GOODMAN1: 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
I had an account with the old Intercontinental which I hardly operate these days. I just got an alert some months back and discovered they have been deducting all this while. I asked why and got no satisfactory answer, was so furious and closed the account citing 'unacceptable bank charges' as the reason.

I wonder if these banks are ready to do 'banking' business these days or their so called 'profits' are deductions from customers.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Enegod(m): 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
yuzedo: Lemme go and check my account balance.. If I don't see my complete N500 I swear somebody gonna die! angry angry angry

13 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by JUO(m): 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
I discovered that my account was in minus
lol
just remembered one of my glo line, check the account one day and saw debit of 14k. line wen i no dey use o, only kept it for 3 months, i no get option than to throw it away
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by figment232(m): 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
Avenir: I suddenly received transaction alert email from Access Bank today (I assumed previous ones have gone to spam email) and found out that since January, Access Bank has been taking 400 naira (200 naira twice a month) from my account as a service charge and also taking 10 naira every month as VAT.

I didn't understand these debit charges because the account is not a current account and there has been no transaction on the account (no debit card, no passbook issue, no withdrawal, no payment, etc) since Access Bank took over the account from Intercontinental. I can't recall being advised that my account has turned to a monthly fee paying account and I don't know why I need to pay VAT every month when I have not bought anything.

I sent an email to access bank and they replied tersely that it is their new annual charge of 200 naira. However, this is not an annual charge on my account as my account is hit 3 times a month with a total of 410 naira in charges. Moreover, I have not previously been advised about the introduction of an annual charge.

Is any other person being hit with these charges? Is this the new banking system in Nigeria? Is this specific to accounts taken over from Intercontinental bank and access bank way of recouping their purchase cost? I don't think I will like to help they pay their purchase cost and I plan to close my account when I come to Nigeria. This sound like daylight robbery.
My Guy just close your account.Must u bank with ACCESS BANK.They dont even have a wide reach so "wot the hell"
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Access bank has access to customers' money, so it may be true that they steal the money.

But they (Access Bank) have to have a stronger fidelity to their customers, just like Fidelity Bank.

If they show such fidelity, their profitability will reach the skies, just like Skye Bank.

With such huge profits, they will reach the zenith of their financial environment, just like Zenith Bank.

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by buklan4realyah(f): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=Enegod][/quote]

oga, ontop aw much? grin
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by angelz(f): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ Op. d deductn from your acc is much. they didnt deduct up to that amount from my acc.
b4 l visit dem with my anger. l av been avin dis problem wit dem since Oct. last year.
Initially when l comlained, d lady feign ignorance n promised 2 correct it. when l didnt notice any changes, l went again n another lady told me 100 is meant for acc maintenance n anoda 100 for electronic charges- makin 200.(even when l dont use d ATM) When l couldnt reason wit dem l withdraw my peanut, left dem with d minimum bal. of 1000. By d time dey finish deductin d 1k, dey will look elsewhere 4 dia fraudulent charges.
Am now with Diamond Bank.

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by MrFord1: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
I experience the same thing. I have two accounts with them, a savings account and an advantage account. Am loosing almost N1,000 to access bank monthly without any transaction. A friend of mine complained the same. Going to close the accounts soon.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by poshqueen(f): 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
Original gucci kicks in general,louis vuitton,hermes,bally,timbaland,latest jerseys,watches,polos ETC add dopemenwears 2807E92E

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by ITbomb(m): 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
They sent me so much text that I was even planning to reactivate my account soon but now I dey shake leg
FCMB and First Bank na better collabo.
Business and Easy fast withdrawal FCMB
Put money forget First Bank
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by xxttyy: 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
Yes they are...all I get is frequent debit alerts as against IBPLC's more regular credit alerts; can't wait to go close d acct ASAP!
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Dee60: 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
Take your protest to your branch. If not satisfied, scream up a bit more. I do not know about this and also do not have any account with Access Bank, but I do know there is 'corporate stealing' going on in some quarters, like the telecoms companies. If everyone were to complain the whole of NL would not be able to accommodate those!
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
Mine was even a dormant account from Intercontinental Bank, I have about 7600 left they have already deducted to like 5000 when I have operated the account for like 4 years.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by AMvanquish: 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hmmm! Haven't been getting this charges or lemme say haven't had time to notice. @ Op, thanks for raising the issue. Would find time to get a statement from january to date.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Venchy: 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
[size=17pt]This is a serious matter, Access Bank full of Garbage.

I have been on the phone to their contact centre for the last (4) wks, trying to set up their bloody software Token which will enable me to make a transfer from my account to another bank but this process has turn out to be shambles as well as costing me lots of money calling from UK.

My Account is also constantly debited by Access Bank every month or whenever they feel like, N200 just went out couple of days ago for what's called Maintenance charge...lol...and many more N100 naira gone for not providing me any service.

The contact centre have been calling me once or twice everyday to go through this stupid software but nothing has worked and N2500 was taken from my account for this service.

Nigeria is the most CORRUPT COUNTRY on this planet and we are doomed as we don't have any regulators in Nigeria because all the Oga At the top are all in the Cabal.

Omo Nigeria, Egba mi o, Owo cooperation! !!! [/size]
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Aphrygian(m): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dat stupid bank,they wil charge u for sending u msg on ur birthday

7 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Omo no time, i am heading straight to Access Bank now to withdraw all my money and close my account. Last month, they deducted N160 from my Account for only 3 transactions. I will never be a victim of their cooperate scam again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Remembers Late Father After 5 Years - Shares Picture / 10 Beliefs And Financial Decisions That Keep You Broke / 3 Popular Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.