Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

$470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) (22247 Views)

How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee / Reps Probe Failed $470m CCTV Projects / Reps Query $470m Abuja Cctv Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

$470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 2:56am On Apr 30, 2013
These photos were taken 6-months after a Chinese firm, ZTE Corporation, reportedly completed the installation of Close Circuit Television Cameras (CCTV) in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.

The contract was awarded to the Chinese company for $470 million and under the Umaru Yar'adua regime. The contract amount was reportedly increased by President Goodluck Jonathan.

However, a few months later the cameras and the solar panels installed to back them up have fallen apart.

http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-state-470-million-abuja-cctv-cameras-solar-panel-backups-6-months-after-installation

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 30, 2013
ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eko ile, tell me this is a joke,

3 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by MajeOfficial: 3:04am On Apr 30, 2013
This is multiple angles of the same camera. It's very sad that you're trying to go out of you way to make your own country look bad.

63 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=]This is multiple angles of the same camera. It's very sad that you're trying to go out of you way to make your own country look bad. [/quote]

Did he say otherwise?

I fail to understand a typical Nigerian's reasoning (no reasoning at all)

How's Eko-Ile making Nigeria look bad? Did Eko-Ile use baseball bats to smash up that CCTV?

3 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 3:13am On Apr 30, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eko ile, tell me this is a joke,

Joke ke? Na so we see am o....

lmao... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Funny enough, the Reterdeens responsible for this sad and shameful atrocity drive up and down all day everyday with this shame in full sight and still ignore it as if it's has nothing to do with them.

Meanwhile, the money for this rubbish na borrow borrow from china and we are still on the hook for that loan....
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

Joke ke? Na so we see am o....

lmao... grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]Funny enough, the Reterdeens responsible for this sad and shameful atrocity drive up and down all day everyday with this shame in full sight and still ignore it as if it's has nothing to do with them.
[/size]

Meanwhile, the money for this rubbish na borrow borrow from china and we are still on the hook for that loan....

Very despicable and sad.

A country without of culture of maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 3:20am On Apr 30, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Did he say otherwise?

I fail to understand a typical Nigerian's reasoning (no reasoning at all)

How's Eko-Ile making Nigeria look bad? Did Eko-Ile use baseball bats to smash up that CCTV?

It's unbelievable the crazy and mindless things that comes out of their assss. I think they are programmed zombies manufactured at the ashole rock dullards and laptops manufacturing plant...

lmao..

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=]This is multiple angles of the same camera. It's very sad that you're trying to go out of you way to make your own country look bad. [/quote]

You are one of the reasons Nigeria is in the gutter today. What is wrong with pointing out the problem? Is ignoring or hiding the problem is the right thing to do or what were you trying to let the poster know?

6 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by GeneralJ(m): 3:44am On Apr 30, 2013
No dey go CHINA but the fisherman and his cohorts would never listen, buying everything from china, no be ZTE dey make those chinco fone wey go dey fuc.k up a week after buying it, but they will still go and contract the same company without doing research, somebody please EDUCATE these people.
Even look at the camera pole, one camera on a pole, are these people dullards or what, so one pole for one camera, how one camera go take see the whole road...SMH for this country ohhh

3 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 3:59am On Apr 30, 2013
In the bid to maximize profit, the contractors go for the cheapest, low quality products they can lay their hands on. This is what i dislike about the Chinese...they have no standards and are only good at ripping off technology and bringing down its quality. Meanwhile, we need a functional Standard Regulatory body in this Country.

2 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 30, 2013
ba7man: In the bid to maximize profit, the contractors go for the cheapest, low quality products they can lay their hands on. This is what i dislike about the Chinese...they have no standards and are only good at ripping off technology and bringing down its quality. Meanwhile, we need a functional Standard Regulatory body in this Country.

We do have Standard Regulatory Body in SONCAP, but they are toothless entity.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by MrGlobe(m): 5:44am On Apr 30, 2013
exactly what I was coming to post. How are we sure it was not the Eko ile that destroyed those cameras

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Sibrah: 5:52am On Apr 30, 2013
Slow motion better than no motion, so they put a stop to lagos' own CCTV scheme. I call it a relative good governance scheme! FreshAir!!!

2 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by trix1: 6:10am On Apr 30, 2013
One unit is vandalized, and you come here to shout that "$470 million worth of cameras and solar panels have fallen apart."

What's your point exactly?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 30, 2013
"$470 Million Abuja CCTV Cameras & Solar Panel packups 6 Months"

Someone posted earlier that ALL the pictures are different angles of the SAME camera that was probably brought down by rain storm or whatever. How the falling of a single camera amounts to "$470 Million Abuja CCTV Cameras & Solar Panel packups 6 Months" can only be explained by ACN notorious LIARS and propagandists. These ACN e-warriors still dont understand that you cant win the hearts of people by telling WICKED and unclad LIES. Even if Lai Muhammed, is notorious for telling lies cant his footsolders do something different?

Back to the fallen CCTV cameras, I know the Chinese contractors handling the project have not completed the work so they should be compelled to go and fix any fallen camera. This sort of project should have a maintenance component to fix things like this immediately.

Meanwhile, the Lagos light rail project, Lagos- Badagry road and many other projects in Lagos are also being done by the Chinese.

13 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Chubhie: 6:40am On Apr 30, 2013
If exposing the rot in the system with pictures as these will get each and everyone of Us into reflection mode and thereby jerking up the psyche and spirit of a Nigeria we all can be proud of. Eko ile and Texas cow gurl should fire down cos i see em causing a certain chain of reaction in a once gaint and pride of Africa held down for so long by dark rulers. Please do all these with good intention. And may the Absolute spirit responsible for civilization port to Nigeria as a result of these.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by toshacer: 6:52am On Apr 30, 2013
Some people are extremely devious. I thought he was going to show pictures of the units destroyed all over Abuja. Your bring him down attitude is not working. Get your paymasters to give you extra lessons on how to bring him down. Your opening statement is as fraudulent as you can be. Contract given by Yar Adua but fees increased by GEJ. This is a police project with the FCT, but you place the blame on GEJ, and says its all packed up? Nonsense.

I am sure Lier Mohammed will soon be quoting this thread.

6 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Bawss1(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2013
The title of this thread is misleading, not all the CCTV units are vandalized. The question inquiring minds want to have answered though is whether the installed CCTVs are functional and being used by the concerned security bodies. It would be a shame if after all this investment this resource is left to waste especially in a time when the need for security is highest.

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by toshacer: 6:56am On Apr 30, 2013
GeneralJ: No dey go CHINA but the fisherman and his cohorts would never listen, buying everything from china, no be ZTE dey make those chinco fone wey go dey fuc.k up a week after buying it, but they will still go and contract the same company without doing research, somebody please EDUCATE these people.
Even look at the camera pole, one camera on a pole, are these people dullards or what, so one pole for one camera, how one camera go take see the whole road...SMH for this country ohhh

go and tell that to your paymaster FASHOLA. Who is laying tracks for the Lagos Light Rail? Chinese.

Whats the meaning of the bolded? How camera go take see the whole road? Do you reason at all? I doubt.

2 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by baynix(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2013
bwhahahahaahaa!! grin grin grin grin
Joke Section Pls!! Aswear Jona Is A B.itch!! So He Increased The Contract Amount To Fund Madam's Trip Abi??

2015.. Abeg Cum Quick o! smiley

Eko-Ile, Good Info Sire! cheesy

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 7:13am On Apr 30, 2013
Most developed and some developing countries of the world using Solar power do av Solar Farms (Solar Farm: a large land area where multiple ground-mount solar tracking towers are installed.). This will be ideal rather than all these "one pole to one solar panel". This is simply a lack of direction and waste of resources.

2 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by baynix(m): 7:14am On Apr 30, 2013
tosh_acer:

go and tell that to your paymaster FASHOLA. Who is laying tracks for the Lagos Light Rail? Chinese.

Whats the meaning of the bolded? How camera go take see the whole road? Do you reason at all? I doubt.

Ode Ni E Sha!! So Anybody Wey Condemn Ds Jona Govt Na ACN?? Stewpid! undecided

Ds Govt Is Nt Ready To Deliver.. And Jona B.uttLickers Are Everywhere Attacking Ppl Like Some Lone Bi.tch! e-Diats!!
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Doncolio(m): 7:15am On Apr 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "$470 Million Abuja CCTV Cameras & Solar Panel packups 6 Months"

Someone posted earlier that ALL the pictures are different angles of the SAME camera that was probably brought down by rain storm or whatever. How the falling of a single camera amounts to "$470 Million Abuja CCTV Cameras & Solar Panel packups 6 Months" can only be explained by ACN notorious LIARS and propagandists. These ACN e-warriors still dont understand that you cant win the hearts of people by telling WICKED and unclad LIES. Even if Lai Muhammed, is notorious for telling lies cant his footsolders do something different?

Back to the fallen CCTV cameras, I know the Chinese contractors handling the project have not completed the work so they should be compelled to go and fix any fallen camera. This sort of project should have a maintenance component to fix things like this immediately.

Meanwhile, the Lagos light rail project, Lagos- Badagry road and many other projects in Lagos are also being done by the Chinese.

Your sentiment stinks like a heap of dead pigs. You are one of the very few nigerians that don't want the progress of this country I'm sure.
Yes the Op is wrong with the title and very misleading at such but must you show your partisan side. Moreover, is ACN the only party in Nigeria?
And would it be bad if the Op happens to be a die hard PDP.
I wonder how long we will live on this mentality.
If somefin is bad,let's fix it and not throw tantrums at each other.
We always put our interest before the country's and that will make development,peace and unity of purpose difficult.
Whoever is in charge should just go make correction to that thing on time and save us the sorry.

#GodBlessNigeria

4 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by toshacer: 7:17am On Apr 30, 2013
baynix:

Ode Ni E Sha!! So Anybody Wey Condemn Ds Jona Govt Na ACN?? Stewpid! undecided

Ds Govt Is Nt Ready To Deliver.. And Jona B.uttLickers Are Everywhere Attacking Ppl Like Some Lone Bi.tch! e-Diats!!

Replying you is a waste of time, cause for sure, one nut in your brain is removed, but I will. If you must understand, he condemned the FG for using Chinese, and all I did was to remind him that Fashola is using the same Chinese he is condemning. Wetin ACN get to do with this matter? You need medical check up, cos, you may not be in control of your brain. Geddit? EEdiot.

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by toshacer: 7:20am On Apr 30, 2013
Doncolio:

Your sentiment stinks like a heap of dead pigs. You are one of the very few nigerians that don't want the progress of this country I'm sure.
Yes the Op is wrong with the title and very misleading at such but must you show your partisan side. Moreover, is ACN the only party in Nigeria?
And would it be bad if the Op happens to be a die hard PDP.

I wonder how long we will live on this mentality.
If somefin is bad,let's fix it and not throw tantrums at each other.
We always put our interest before the country's and that will make development,peace and unity of purpose difficult.
Whoever is in charge should just go make correction to that thing on time and save us the sorry.

#GodBlessNigeria

If you know the OP very well, you wont be asking the bolded.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Demdem(m): 7:21am On Apr 30, 2013
FRESHEST AIR grin grin grin
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 30, 2013
I wonder why CHINA should be blamed for poor services rendered. When you pay cheaply for products and services you get Cheap value for it. 470million dollars is no small money, but, do you know how much of it must have been used to bribe government officials? Nigeria is not the only country China invests. We should not always blame the Chinese people.The government should have larger part of the blame.

2 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 30, 2013
Once I said that most of these people in government are illitrates (in the wake of the news about perimeter fencing of the country), behold, someone on this forum attacked me for saying that.

A country where the internal security is a bad as a rotten egg, most people are more afraid of the police than they are of criminals.

A country where the paradigm in vogue is 'man know man' as a catalyst to get something/favour.

A country where contractors don't offer warranties & guarantees.
Don't be surprised that most of these so-called stake holders didn't even know that those fallen items were the solar panels they passed bills & bills upon.

A case study of NSCDC mr. Obaifaiye will help to show that most of them don't know nada.

A country where the leaders are not passionate about the masses & the dignity of the country, rather, their pockets alone.

One can't heal a wound with an iron under neath the flesh, our internal security is decayed, perimeter fencing as of now is a thing of blind minded people.

3 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "$470 Million Abuja CCTV Cameras & Solar Panel packups 6 Months"

STFU you bloody hypocrite! The other day you posted a picture of a bad portion of Lagos -Badagry express way and said Fashola was not working. You failed to post pictures of the already constructed part of the road. Now you are whining and complaining about a solar panel which fell down due to poor installation. You should be ashamed of yourself you hypocrite!

6 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by peziz(f): 8:19am On Apr 30, 2013
berem: STFU you bloody hypocrite! The other day you posted a picture of a bad portion of Lagos -Badagry express way and said Fashola was not working. You failed to post pictures of the already constructed part of the road. Now you are whining and complaining about a solar panel which fell down due to poor installation. You should be ashamed of yourself you hypocrite!
its amazing how a faceless forum can boost the ego of a person and make them pick fights unnecessarily. You know he is an hypocrite and u choose to pick an argument with an hypocrite Babe you get time. Choose your e-fights wisely so that you don't end up being called the hypocrite on another thread.

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by oloriooko(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2013
@ OP
these pix are the ones a car ran into and hoodlums vandalized the solar panel. in contrast, many of these cameras are still in good shape and they are being maintained even though the response time to such damages done to these cameras maybe slow.

the cameras are functioning very well and more are still being installed.
pls verify your story before posting even though we know that FCT minister and the federal government are not living up to expectation, pls be constructive when reporting.

5 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by gerrardomendes(m): 8:29am On Apr 30, 2013
china? coolchina? even mongolia wud do a better job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Denied Presenting "GEJ Corruption" Document To Buhari / Abigail Makinde Is Dead: Governor Seyi Makinde's Mother Dies. Olubadan Mourns / Lagos APC Faults Jandor For Visiting Traffic Offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.