Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public (29549 Views)

Korede Bello Poses With Kenny Ogungbe & Dayod1 (pic) / Kenny Ogungbe's Daughter Graduates Photos / Kenny-Ogungbe On Why We Didn't Attend Tuface's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Louis007: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2013
The Nigerian Entertainment Conference held over the weekend at the Grand ball room of the Eko Hotel and suites, Victoria Island, Lagos was nearly marred by violent exchange of words between Kennis Music Boss Mr. Kenny Ogungbe and Chairman of Copyright Society of Nigeria COSON, Chief Tony Okoroji.Chief Tony Okoroji had confronted Kenny Ogungbe in the presence of journalists for daring to say in public that COSON owed him (Kenny Ogungbe) money.

“How could he say such a thing? And in public?” Chief Okorogie fumed.

Kenny Ogungbe on his part remained resilient, insisting he would stand by his words. They exchanged hot, abusive words impossible to publish including the F word as they were pulled apart by concerned friends who feared the brawl may soon go physical.

Kenny Ogungbe went on to say “After now, if anything happens to me, it is on your head”
The incident happened immediately after the first session of the conference where Mr. Kenny Ogungbe had been amongst a panel of discussants along side Cool DJ Jimmy Jat, Sound Sultan, MI and Weird MC during which pertinent industry issues had been raised.

The panel before taking questions from participants discussed “Looking at the music scene through the eyes of talents, labels, investors, consumers, regulatory bodies. The role of an artiste in the digital age and lastly, surviving in a peculiar industry like Nigeria.

However Weird MC in her opening had raised questions on the “exploitation of our works”. She noted that the music industry is no longer about just entertainment but a business that should be accounted for. She claimed that music properties of artistes were being exploited with no form of payments made as settlements.

Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) is Nigeria’s sole government approved collective management organization for musical works and sound recordings. Weird MC specifically asked the society if they had any kind of international affiliations with international music copyright regulatory bodies to help check the exploitation of works put out by Nigerian artistes.

According to her “We need to address the International Affiliations involved cause this is a business.
Kenny Ogungbe had stepped out after the panel to re-emphasis these statements made by Weird MC to reporters before making the comments that infuriated Chief Okoroji.

After the heated argument, both were too angry to speak further on the testy issue.

OIL PRINCEE..COM

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Akshow: 9:29am On Apr 30, 2013
Oh my God! Them for leave okoro make e teach that silly notice me keke ogungbe sense.

5 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Lilimax(f): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2013
If these two old men dey fight for public,
wetin the young up coming artise go dey do undecided
Should I say they are turning to bad influence

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Tolexander: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2013
So Kenny Ogungbe now knows what it is to be owed money after early exploitation of 2face and co!

Was even expecting mike tyson and evander holyfield kind of picture of the two guys in the news.

4 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by momodub: 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
hen hen
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
70th
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by lifestyle1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
undecided

6 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by edgideon(m): 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
older n more popular area boys are called area men so peace!!

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
70th
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by POLICECAP: 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
This is wht I ws expectin to see..

13 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by adebaxton(m): 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dem 4 box each other nw

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by sexymoma(f): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
Shio e don tey wen i don knw say Oga kenny na ras man, MOni no get eyes dis man suppose dey among pple wey go dey colet owo container for badia... Mtcheeew
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by seedord247(m): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
Tolexander: So Kenny Ogungbe now know what it is to be owed money after early exploitation of 2face and co!

Was even expecting mike tyson and evander holyfield kind of picture of the two guys in the news.

Why talk without adding common sense? undecided

Where you there when he was owing 2face or did 2face come out publicly to say he's owing him mula?

3 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by dridowu: 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
When will i b 1st to comment for christ sake.
I must win ds 1st prize someday.
@op, who win d fight ?
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by yuzedo: 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
huh? undecided two fat okoro men boxxxin becos of cripple babe?? WE GIVE UPPP!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by ebamma(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
must i comment?
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Skywalker5(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
Louis007:

Kenny Ogungbe on his part remained resilient, insisting he would stand by his words. They exchanged hot, abusive words impossible to publish including the F word as they were pulled apart by concerned friends who feared the brawl may soon go physical.

Na wa for you guy's desperation to reach front page. Why use fight when they only exchanged words

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by raytony: 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
Awon agbaya meji
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by stebell(m): 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
Stupid n useless thread.

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Lilimax:
Should I say they are turning to bad influence

No. They were never an influence.
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by theripper3: 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
I even think say na serious brawl sef. Mtscheeeeeew
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Kaymisola(f): 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
They didn't exactly fight as the headline reads but the argument was indeed crazy, see pictures here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/04/fk-you-keke-ogungbe-coson-boss-exchange.html
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
KENNY and D1 never shame yet? remember how they exploited 2face when he was on their label?

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by acidtalk: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bros Keke don find talent for boxing.

List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time
https://www.nairaland.com/1271143/list-celebrities-no-longer-famous
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
Old f..ls
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
I bursted into this thread expecting to see YouTube things, only to encounter long, and totally boring post.

*Hisses and exits thread*

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
I would have loved to see soneone boxing that Kenny's big belle cheesy
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Lilimax(f): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

No. They were never an influence.
But a lot of youths are looking up to them tongue.
Most especially Kenny Ogungbe of Prime Time...
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Lilimax(f): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: I bursted into this thread expecting to see YouTube things, only to encounter long, and totally boring post.

*Hisses and exits thread*
You a typical Nigerian. If you want to hide anything from
a Nigerian, hide it in a book because
most Nigerians does not read. tongue
Re: Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public by Skywalker5(m): 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
Kaymisola: They didn't exactly fight as the headline reads but the argument was indeed crazy, see pictures here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/04/fk-you-keke-ogungbe-coson-boss-exchange.html

Liar. You so desperate for people to visit your site. No picture of them exchanging words

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Area Boys Attack Omoni Oboli & Crew On A Movie Set In Lagos (Video) / BBNaija Stars Leo And Ifu ennada As A Couple In This Adorable Photoshoot / Naira Marley Says "I Am Not Guilty" In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.