Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice (3123 Views)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media / How Do I Send Credit Frm Glo To Glo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by davades(m): 9:40am On Apr 30, 2013
Hello peeps, wanna port from glo to Etisalat, I need all Etisalat users to advice Cuz I've been having issues with glo network lately. Especially it BIS. How much is Etisalat monthly BIS package and is their BIS unlimited ? Pls I need ur humble response. Thanks
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 30, 2013
davades: Hello peeps, wanna port from glo to Etisalat, I need all Etisalat users to advice Cuz I've been having issues with glo network lately. Especially it BIS. How much is Etisalat monthly BIS package and is their BIS unlimited ? Pls I need ur humble response. Thanks
yep etisalat is unlimited
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by ifecx4real: 10:22am On Apr 30, 2013
I ported from glo 2 etisalat yesterday. Overall review. Glo still has better speed during day time. But etisalat 3g is more stable dan glo, downloaded a movie of 800mb b4 I slept and woke up 2 see download complete. Unlike glo were I probably wud see error, due to constant 3g loss.

Etisalat bis is 1k for bbc and 1500 for bba. Went 4d 1k plan douh.
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by davades(m): 10:36am On Apr 30, 2013
ifecx4real: I ported from glo 2 etisalat yesterday. Overall review. Glo still has better speed during day time. But etisalat 3g is more stable dan glo, downloaded a movie of 800mb b4 I slept and woke up 2 see download complete. Unlike glo were I probably wud see error, due to constant 3g loss.

Etisalat bis is 1k for bbc and 1500 for bba. Went 4d 1k plan douh.

Thanks bro bur what's the different btw bbc 1k and bba 1500. And hope u dnt regret porting from glo to Etisalat. What re d criteria for porting ?
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by davades(m): 10:39am On Apr 30, 2013
Mode front page pls, need enough advice and comments
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by ifecx4real: 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
Well there's just 1 difference, the 1500k allows u 2 add 10email while d 1k own is just 1.

4 now am not regretting cos its fast and stable, though not as fast as glo but still fast enough 4my downloads. I have used up 1.4gb in just 1 day.

Rating 4 day 2of porting 9.5/10

Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by ifecx4real: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
Criteria 4 porting just go 2their office with ur national I'd card, passport or drivers license. That's all u need 2go with, u did fill a form den day wud ask u to send a txt wit d no u want to port from. Ur line shud be switched within hours, but a maximum of 48hrs
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by Emmanuelugo(m): 8:21am On May 01, 2013
@ifecx4real pls what site do u download ur movies(gameofthrones) 4rm?
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by ifecx4real: 1:52pm On May 01, 2013
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by davades(m): 4:09pm On May 01, 2013
Is there any Etisalat office around ikeja ?
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by ifecx4real: 4:53pm On May 01, 2013
No idea, but I fink there should be.
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by Dozieson(m): 7:55am On May 02, 2013
go to ikeja shopping mall @ alausa. they have an office there

1 Like

Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by davades(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2013
I need people that has ported from glo to Etisalat to tell me their experience
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by ifecx4real: 10:19am On May 25, 2013
Wonderful, I watch youtube videos on my phone wit my bis, listen to music from hulkshare on my phone with out breaking. Their 3G service is stable compared to glo(@ my homezone).

But note, you have to make sure ur home and work zone or the place u spend most time of d day @ has 3G. Check/ask people using etisalat close 2ur house and office/school if they have 3G on their fone nd how stable it is.

Its 4days 2d end of my bis subscription and I haven't 1day regretted porting from glo to etisalat.

Data used so far this month 13gb

1 Like

Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by tjskii(f): 6:36am On May 28, 2013
So wats goin on wth my own etisalat line na,iv nt bin able to download a single movie,just subscribed for d 1000 bb absolute,was trying to download a movie and was told I had exhausted my data for d month,I only used d free 200mb o,and was told by d customercare that I had to pay to download,
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by foxgiovani(m): 7:44am On May 28, 2013
Pls we need more insight from people that ported from glo to etisalat as I intend to port.
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by ifecx4real: 10:22am On May 28, 2013
tjskii: So wats goin on wth my own etisalat line na,iv nt bin able to download a single movie,just subscribed for d 1000 bb absolute,was trying to download a movie and was told I had exhausted my data for d month,I only used d free 200mb o,and was told by d customercare that I had to pay to download,

Go 2 their office, Seems like ur bis isn't activated. By the way hope your fone isn't a verizon brand.
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by davades(m): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2013
what if her phone is a Verizone brand ?
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by girlsupersonic(f): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
@davades, etisalat has the best bis service, u can download and watch youtube videos and its 1k but not unlimited. Rather than worrying urself ova porting, just buy a new sim for 100naira and register shikena
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by okgerald(m): 11:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
Etisalat bis used to be unlimited but its now 3gb because of dudes like the one using 13gb and above.
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by davades(m): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2013
i'm buying Etisalat 2day
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by davades(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2013
i'm buying Etisalat sim 2day
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by emmysharp(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
davades:

Thanks bro bur what's the different btw bbc 1k and bba 1500. And hope u dnt regret porting from glo to Etisalat. What re d criteria for porting ?

Here are the criteria for porting:

http://www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/from-mtn-to-etisalat-my-porting-experience

and

http://www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/mobile-number-portability-how-to-port-from-one-network-to-another
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by emmysharp(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
ok.gerald:
Etisalat bis used to be unlimited but its now 3gb because of dudes like the one using 13gb and above.

So if its 3GB how did he succeed in using 13Gb? Please explain

http://www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/mobile-number-portability-how-to-port-from-one-network-to-another

http://www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/from-mtn-to-etisalat-my-porting-experience
Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by emmysharp(m): 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
davades: I need people that has ported from glo to Etisalat to tell me their experience

Someone PORTED from mtn to etisalat here but has not fully explained his experience

Re: Porting From Glo To Etisalat Pls Advice by emmysharp(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
ifecx4real: Well there's just 1 difference, the 1500k allows u 2 add 10email while d 1k own is just 1.

4 now am not regretting cos its fast and stable, though not as fast as glo but still fast enough 4my downloads. I have used up 1.4gb in just 1 day.

Rating 4 day 2of porting 9.5/10

How did you download, what app did you use?

(1) (Reply)

MUST See:which Onε Ιs Yours ? / Two Major Phone Giants In Nigeria To Play A Match. Who Would Win? See Pix Inside / How To Steal Your Friend's Data On Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.