Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 (48654 Views)

Manchester United Vs Leicester City (1 - 1) On 1st May 2016 / Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by mukina2: 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bayern lead 4-0 from the second leg. Barcelona have no away goal. If the Spanish league leaders are to progress it would be perhaps the most remarkable comeback in Champions League history. If the Germans' score once, Barcelona have to score six, 4-0 to the home side will send the tie into extra time. With such a commanding lead, the expectation is that Bayern will defend deep and rest on their lead. However, manager Jupp Heyncks dismissed such claims, insisting his team will attack.

We have to impose our game," he said. "We want our defensive line a long way from our own goal. Barcelona are a world-class team and they'll try everything they know."

"It means they'll press us from the start and try and put us under pressure," Heyncks continued. "We have to try and score a goal or two. And that's well within the bounds of possibility."

The best way for Bayern to secure their passage to Wembley would be to score. One goal for the Germans would surely make the comeback out-of-reach. Given their ability to carve Barcelona open in the first leg and Barcelona's defensive problems, the possibility of scoring is there if Bayern chase it. Carlos Puyol is out with injury, as is Javier Mascherano although there is a small chance he could play. Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova will most likely be forced to play Marc Bartra or Adriano at center-back alongside Gerard Pique.

For Barcelona the task is decidedly simple. They have to hit the opposition with everything and hope for a clean sheet. In Lionel Messi they have a player that can spearhead scoring four goals on an average day. Messi played just over half an hour of Barcelona's 2-2 draw with Athletic Bilbao Saturday. His arrival inspired the team to convert a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 lead. Any fears of the hamstring injury still impacting performance were cast away with his 67 minute goal. The Argentine beat three players at the edge of the box before slotting home the equalizer. If he can produce those moments in the Bayern game, a seemingly straightforward result could become very complicated.

Toni Kroos will miss the game for Bayern due to a thigh injury. Along with Puyol and Mascherano, Jordi Alba will be absent from Barcelona's defense through suspension.

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/7071/20130430/barcelona-vs-bayern-munich-watch-live-streaming.htm
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
Im really scared. I hope Bayern plays well
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by fredoooooo: 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
say what say what , anything can happen

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Nobody: 12:21am On May 01, 2013
Busquets is out of today's match due to a groin problem.

With Mascherano still recovering from injury, I don't see any way back for Barca.
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Nobody: 12:37am On May 01, 2013
Referee: Damir Skomina (SVN)
Assistant Referees: Matej Žunič (SVN), Bojan Ul (SVN)
Additional Assistant Referees: Slavko Vinčić (SVN), Roberto Ponis (SVN)
Fourth Official: Primož Arhar (SVN)
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Nobody: 12:37am On May 01, 2013
'Like' this post if you think Barcelona will win/advance to the final.

12 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Nobody: 12:38am On May 01, 2013
'Like' this post if you think Bayern Munich will win/advance to the final.

26 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by dayokanu(m): 1:00am On May 01, 2013
Miasanmia

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Tolexander: 6:24am On May 01, 2013
It happened last week and can still happen again!

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Nobody: 6:35am On May 01, 2013
Tolexander: It happened last week and can still happen again!
grin grin grin grin I don laugh tire

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Tolexander: 6:43am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin grin I don laugh tire
stop the laughter now! It is unfair making jest of people.
Don't you know it can provoke a slap from a barca fan?
You are on your own o if slapped!

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Nobody: 6:44am On May 01, 2013
Tolexander: stop the laughter now! It is unfair making jest of people.

Your advise is duly noted!

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 6:52am On May 01, 2013
Tolexander: stop the laughter now! It is unfair making jest of people.
Barca fans don't take chelsea dry gin. They're responsible people with good jobs. They aint got time to slap anyone. But try it with chelsea fans and it's a bottle ofd dry gin on your head. Those people can be sooo untamed.
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by 190: 9:04am On May 01, 2013
i cannot categorically say Barca would win this match except its annoncement is been made by my oga at the top

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by boron10(m): 9:08am On May 01, 2013
Only the intervention of Michel Platini's appointed can possibly make Barca over turn this huge deficit.
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by baynix(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2013
UP Barca!! If We Lose.. Then Im Gon Giv My Support To Dortmund!!

#TeamFCB
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Tolexander: 10:25am On May 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Barca fans don't take chelsea dry gin. They're responsible people with good jobs. They aint got time to slap anyone. But try it with chelsea fans and it's a bottle ofd dry gin on your head. Those people can be sooo untamed.
ya barca fans are people of class!

I noticed something last year when chelsea was on a point bonanza to other premiership clubs, the motorcycle accidents reduced drastically, but immediately they won the champion's league, the accidents skyrocketed. Don't know if you notice any relationship between chelsea and motorcycles?

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by ujchief(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2013
Dortmund vs Bayern, at Wembley.

I see Dortmund carrying the day. It will really be sad for Bayern loosing at the finals: but these Dortmund lads play with so much cohesion that it will be difficult not to love them.

I love the way Platini's El classico dream was thwarted!
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by ujchief(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan: Busquets is out of today's match due to a groin problem.

With Mascherano still recovering from injury, I don't see any way back for Barca.

With the duo still fit for the match, and Barca allowed to field a 12th player, I still don't see them advancing.

This tie ended at Munich, when Barca lost with a margin as wide as four.
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2013
Tolexander: ya barca fans are people of class!

I noticed something last year when chelsea was on a point bonanza to other premiership clubs, the motorcycle accidents reduced drastically, but immediately they won the champion's league, the accidents skyrocketed. Don't know if you notice any relationship between chelsea and motorcycles?
Of course. A lot of chelsea fans ride motocycles while a lot of them are into agbero business. They're uncouth and trouble makers. If they don't win a compeition, they will kill people. If they win nko? They will still kill. So either way, their characteeristics are always brought to the fore.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by boron10(m): 11:08am On May 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Of course. A lot of chelsea fans ride motocycles while a lot of them are into agbero business. They're uncouth and trouble makers. If they don't win a compeition, they will kill people. If they win nko? They will still kill. So either way, their characteeristics are always brought to the fore.
Gone are those day when most of the agberos in lagos support chelsea. You of all people should understand that they(agberos) mostly support clubs when they are doing fine, then drop the club like hot metal when it begins to fumble.

Like in early 2000, Arsenal fc was notorious for being supported by them, they later moved to chelsea after the russian billionaire took over. But now, majority of the igbo smokers i see around are die hard Barca fans. So we all are guilty.

Won't be surprised though if they move to Bayern grin. You guys should enjoy their support while it last, for tomorrow is rather unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:14am On May 01, 2013
boron10:
Gone are those day when most of the agberos in lagos support chelsea. You of all people should understand that they(agberos) mostly support clubs when they are doing fine, then drop the club like hot metal when it begins to fumble.

Like in early 2000, Arsenal fc was notorious for being supported by them, they later moved to chelsea after the russian billionaire took over. But now, majority of the igbo smokers i see around are die hard Barca fans. So we all are guilty.

Won't be surprised though if they move to Bayern grin. You guys should enjoy their support while it last, for tomorrow is rather unpredictable.
You wish...just last week i almost Got lynched some chelsea fans because i was supporting Basel. The make up of chelsea as a club makes it attractive to touts. Barca is a club for the most sanely and logical people. There's no space for agberos here cos we don't have akpu players like chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by Ayorh4you(m): 12:03pm On May 01, 2013
Not even 'my oga @ d top' can predict BARCA passage to final. So who am I to sayy Barca will qualify?
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by 32D: 12:04pm On May 01, 2013
[size=14pt]5th minute - Pedro Scores
16th minute - Messi scores
35th minute - Messi scores
63rd minute - Fabregas scores
78th minute - Messi scores

and most importantly;

88th minute - Muller scores
After extra time Messi cries

IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by dojdavid: 12:06pm On May 01, 2013
Beyern won
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:08pm On May 01, 2013
Final Score
Barcelona 3-0 Bayern Munich. Bayern qualified 4-3 on aggregate.
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by samistry(m): 12:14pm On May 01, 2013
Tolexander: ya barca fans are people of class!

see dis mumu afta u go say na chelsea cause boko haram
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by GentleNaaz(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2013
I ws in a drm last 9t, Messi scored five goals, oh..... No..... I couldnt beliv ds....
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by EmmyDe25(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2013
Barcelona should start planning ahead of next season. The match is a done deal.
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by churific(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2013
Like I said yesterday, the Pope has a better chance of getting married than Barcelona making it through.

No way in hell they're scoring 4 unanswered goals on Bayern and then 1 more for the win. Not this year. The German teams have declared that this is their year. And after 2 trips to the finals, Bayern will be victorious this year!

Mark!
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by otokx(m): 12:16pm On May 01, 2013
Barcelona has an almost impossible task.
Re: Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 by GentleNaaz(m): 12:17pm On May 01, 2013
32-D:
[size=14pt]5th minute - Pedro Scores
16th minute - Messi scores
35th minute - Messi scores
63rd minute - Fabregas scores
78th minute - Messi scores

and most importantly;

88th minute - Muller scores
After extra time Messi cries

IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN
[/size]
God go purnish u I swear

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

West Ham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th October 2015 / Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 / Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.