Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,807 members, 7,798,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15372 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:31am On May 01, 2013
Caracta:

Why please?

It will be one of the measure to make the counting of votes easier.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 1:32am On May 01, 2013
Eze Promoe: No bikini
WTF
Are we in Saudi Arabia
lol...what do you need bikini for? Children might be viewing the thread o. Anyway, it's just a suggestion. Pls stop sweating tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:32am On May 01, 2013
What if 200 or 205 members nominate themselves? undecided
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:32am On May 01, 2013
Caracta:
lol...what do you need bikini for? Children might be viewing the thread o. Anyway, it's just a suggestion. Pls stop sweating tongue tongue
Lol. As if the children never see bikini before.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:33am On May 01, 2013
No bikini pics pls. We are trying to avoid the fracas that ensued from the bikini controversy of the last edition. If submitted by the contestants, they will NOT be uploaded.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:34am On May 01, 2013
Another issue are those that use multiple IDs. undecided
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:35am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan: What if 200 or 205 members nominate themselves? undecided
The target is 1000 nominations from members.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 1:35am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan:

It will be one of the measure to make the counting of votes easier.
Why should i start going through the long process of sending PMs when i could easily reject nomination right there and then?

What if i didn't see the nomination early enough?

What if my mail didn't get delivered?

What if i had issues with my mail addy?

What if i was too busy to send a PM?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:35am On May 01, 2013
How about those contestants having a special photoshot for the contest that include at least 3 on bikini.. With something indicating its a recent photo and not some high school photo that was taken in 1934

I'm gonna have a nice and special gift for the winner to be relievered at your destination...
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 1:36am On May 01, 2013
sexkillz: No bikini pics pls. We are trying to avoid the fracas that ensued from the bikini controversy of the last edition. If submitted by the contestants, they will NOT be uploaded.
Correct!

*big hug*
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:37am On May 01, 2013
Caracta:
Why should i start going through the long process of sending PMs when i could easily reject nomination right there and then?

What if i didn't see the nomination early enough?

What if my mail didn't get delivered?

What if i had issues with my mail addy?

What if i was too busy to send a PM?

Oops, you have valid points. I guess nominees can also reject/withdraw their nomination on that thread.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:37am On May 01, 2013
sexkillz:
The target is 1000 nominations from members.
grin grin grin

That means there will be at least, 10 rounds of voting. The contest may well last for 2 weeks, lol.
sexkillz: No bikini pics pls. We are trying to avoid the fracas that ensued from the bikini controversy of the last edition. If submitted by the contestants, they will NOT be uploaded.

angry smh this is not Saudi Arabia

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:42am On May 01, 2013
REALITY101:

angry smh this is not Saudi Arabia
Some contestants are not comfortable having their bikini pics uploaded on the biggest forum in Africa for personal reasons. . . And we agree.

Requesting for bikini pics could make some contestants lose interest. We don't want that to happen.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Doncolio(m): 1:46am On May 01, 2013
Intersting! May the best man and lady win.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by MrsChima(f): 1:46am On May 01, 2013
Hmmm.

Once names are nominated and finalized then what?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:48am On May 01, 2013
sexkillz: Some contestants are not comfortable having their bikini pics uploaded on the biggest forum in Africa for personal reasons. . . And we agree.

Requesting for bikini pics could make some contestants lose interest. We don't want that to happen.

That make sense.. Then let those that ate comfortable with go with it.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:50am On May 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Hmmm.

Once names are nominated and finalized then what?

Then I go home with 2 of the most sexiest
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:53am On May 01, 2013
sexkillz: .

Gbam! There shouldn't be a request for bikini pics. But if a contestant wants to upload one, then she should be allowed to do so.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:53am On May 01, 2013
REALITY101:

Then I go home with 2 of the most sexiest
grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:56am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan: Gbam! There shouldn't be a request for bikini pics. But if a contestant wants to upload one, then she should be allowed to do so.

[size=13pt]I disagree o. This isn't a "show the most skin" contest. That's what the last one was becoming. I think it's in everyone's best interest if we keep things clean. This isn't a private affair.[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:57am On May 01, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I disagree o. This isn't a "show the most skin" contest. That's what the last one was becoming. I think it's in everyone's best interest if we keep things clean. This isn't a private affair.[/size]
As the mod wishes cool
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:58am On May 01, 2013
Also, the reigning queen (not queen of sheba) and king should both be ineligible to contest. Former contestants should be allowed to throw their hats into the ring again.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:00am On May 01, 2013
Shirtless pics should also be banned grin

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 2:00am On May 01, 2013
The rules should be made clear for everyone. A contestant might be more favoured than others simply because she wore bikini and exposed some flesh. This might not be fair on other contestants that chose not too.

No bikini pics. The last wahala was something else.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:01am On May 01, 2013
[size=13pt]^^^ Gbam.[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:02am On May 01, 2013
Caracta: The rules should be made clear for everyone. A contestant might be more favoured than others simply because she wore bikini and exposed some flesh. This might not be fair on other contestants that chose not too.

No bikini pics. The last wahala was something else.
That is quite ambiguous.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 2:02am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan: Shirtless pics should also be banned grin
Huh? What about six packs? How do we see them? cheesy

No lip gloss on men though. The sight hurts my eyes.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 2:03am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan:
That is quite ambiguous.
How do you prefer it? grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:04am On May 01, 2013
Caracta:
Huh? What about six packs? How do we see them? cheesy

No lip gloss on men though. The sight hurts my eyes.

You were against bikini pics, but u want to see six packs. Let the rules be equally applied to both sexes.

Meanwhile, are transgender/transexual members eligible?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:05am On May 01, 2013
Caracta:
How do you prefer it? grin

Some may prefer sleeveless clothes, while others may not.

Or could there be a rule which states that the upper region of the body (from the shoulder to the waist) should be covered?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Sweet Text Messages You Wud Send your Soulmate Once He/she Is Off To Work : / Name The Moniker Of Person You Think That Has A Head Like This One. / Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.