Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15380 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by dopeJemi: 9:37am On May 01, 2013

its not dat I'm going 2 contest or anything buh I just wanna ask a question, Hau do u send pictures via pm.. In simpLe engLish pLs, thank you
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 9:38am On May 01, 2013
Lol, how ludacris?? "You" ask for suggestions and complaints then refuse the ones "you" don't like, what the heck is the point then??

Every candidate should be allowed to post pictures they feel comfortable with, it's none of our moral business to decide what people choose to keep private, what they are comfortable in and what they consider make them beautiful.

What an individual considers beautiful is so opinionated and it's not any-freaking-body's duty to try to curb or change that. From the tip of your hair to the sole of your feet makes you beautiful undecided
P.S: For those that have problem comprehending, I'm not advocating a swimsuit contest, in fact I could care less. I'm simply saying the "judges" cannot decide for the candidate what pictures to be posted. If the candidate wants it posted, it will be as long as it's a picture of that candidate.

8 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:39am On May 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why are you on NL. Dem dey pay you?
u mods shld embark on strike action if u aint receiving any benefits.
For wot?
All mods are entitled to a tablet, and montly internet subscription!
And a stipend of at least a 10 in a thousand for contingencies!
That was how i drafted nairaland to be administered before handed over to seun!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Afam4eva(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2013
SLIDE waxie: I think this is the right time to start scouting for handsome guys pix on the internet and post it as me!!!
cool
Like most nairaland ladies do
Thanks for bringing up this issue...in order to be sure that the contestants are what they represent in the pictures, every contestant should be asked to take a shot of himself with a paper written "Miss Nairand" or "Mr Nairaland". That way we can juxtapose the pictures.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Ifecoded(m): 9:41am On May 01, 2013
Eze Promoe:
REMEMBER, IT COULD BE YOU! YES YOU!
Me Ke? grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 9:44am On May 01, 2013
vizboy: seriously there is no cash to be won. Then why all these stress
Stress bawo? Haba! It's just for fun nau..if we put a price tag on it, things might get a little crazy... Go with d flow bro! It better pass nollywood movie, it's extremely entertaining.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by DExplorer1: 9:44am On May 01, 2013
I've a problem with contestants putting up single picture for every stage. I think all stages should come with a new picture(s) and for the judges, i suggest the "may" should turn to must. All judges musn't compaign or vote.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 9:45am On May 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Thanks for bringing up this issue...in order to be sure that the contestants are what they represent in the pictures, every contestant should be asked to take a shot of himself with a paper written "Miss Nairand" or "Mr Nairaland". That way we can juxtapose the pictures.
Afam de militia! U b old soldier? grin grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 9:46am On May 01, 2013
D-Explorer:
I've a problem with contestants putting up single picture for every stage. I think all stages should come with a new picture(s) and for the judges, i suggest the "may" should turn to must. All judges musn't compaign or vote.
Seconded!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Ifecoded(m): 9:47am On May 01, 2013
I Need to get a bb to take Gud pics. Am sure am d Mr.NL..4 dis yr edition. Am congratulatin mysef in advance. Cutey boiii
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 9:48am On May 01, 2013
dopeJemi:

its not dat I'm going 2 contest or anything buh I just wanna ask a question, Hau do u send pictures via pm.. In simpLe engLish pLs, thank you
Lmao! U don dey partake in cyber..*coughs* u na mean? grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by 190: 9:55am On May 01, 2013
Shollypopz: Lol, how ludacris?? "You" ask for suggestions and complaints then refuse the ones "you" don't like, what the heck is the point then??

Every candidate should be allowed to post pictures they feel comfortable with, it's none of our moral business to decide what people choose to keep private, what they are comfortable in and what they consider make them beautiful.

What an individual considers beautiful is so opinionated and it's not any-freaking-body's duty to try to curb or change that. From the tip of your hair to the sole of your feet makes you beautiful undecided
P.S: For those that have problem comprehending, I'm not advocating a swimsuit contest, in fact I could care less. I'm simply saying the "judges" cannot decide for the candidate what pictures to be posted. If the candidate wants it posted, it will be as long as it's a picture of that candidate.

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by dopeJemi: 9:55am On May 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lmao! U don dey partake in cyber..*coughs* u na mean? grin

Lol! Partake ke.. Abeg ans d question 4 me jhoor, na u be Legend so u suppose know
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by DExplorer1: 10:00am On May 01, 2013
Shollypopz: Lol, how ludacris?? "You" ask for suggestions and complaints then refuse the ones "you" don't like, what the heck is the point then??

Is this a suggestion or a command?

3 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by vizboy(m): 10:29am On May 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Stress bawo? Haba! It's just for fun nau..if we put a price tag on it, things might get a little crazy... Go with d flow bro! It better pass nollywood movie, it's extremely entertaining.
i hear but atleast the cash price or the contract u will get will make it seem more real. Some person can get a job through it. Why not look for sponsors from talent shows or from beauty peagent
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by vizboy(m): 10:31am On May 01, 2013
190:

na the least pix make u snap be these one. Cause i see say you just dey post am for every thread. Check out mr nairaland pix

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by 190: 10:52am On May 01, 2013
vizboy: na the least pix make u snap be these one. Cause i see say you just dey post am for every thread. Check out mr nairaland pix

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 11:15am On May 01, 2013
dopeJemi:

Lol! Partake ke.. Abeg ans d question 4 me jhoor, na u be Legend so u suppose know
i dont know o!!! ask Mynd!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 11:17am On May 01, 2013
vizboy: i hear but atleast the cash price or the contract u will get will make it seem more real. Some person can get a job through it. Why not look for sponsors from talent shows or from beauty peagent
my guy no b serious something na! job ke? oh boi, u are taking d ish too damn serious o! chill... its for laughs and merriment. smiley
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by wonlasewonimi: 11:38am On May 01, 2013
If you girls see my picture heeeennn..you will cream yourselves.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by xynerise: 11:38am On May 01, 2013

Wetin be your own sef? undecided

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by xynerise: 11:40am On May 01, 2013
wonlasewonimi:
Noise
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by vizboy(m): 11:45am On May 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
my guy no b serious something na! job ke? oh boi, u are taking d ish too damn serious o! chill... its for laughs and merriment. smiley
k
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by vizboy(m): 11:46am On May 01, 2013
wonlasewonimi:
thrash section please
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by wonlasewonimi: 11:48am On May 01, 2013
xynerise:
Noise

vizboy: thrash section please

When did both of you become girls?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by maximized(m): 12:18pm On May 01, 2013

Couldn't have said it better myself.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by maximized(m): 12:41pm On May 01, 2013
Caracta: It's just for fun...must everything involve cash price? Why do we need to put a price tag on everything. Besides, this is not the first Nairaland competition (with no cash). If anybody needs to complain, it should be the judges!

I suggest there is some sort of financial reward for the Winners only and I'm willing to contribute.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by vizboy(m): 12:57pm On May 01, 2013
maximized:

I suggest there is some sort of financial reward for the Winners only and I'm willing to contribute.
abi oh my brother na wetin i been dey suggest oh
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 01, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]What we were thinking of is having contestants use photos of themselves with their username on paper as a verification method. What do you think?[/size]
Assuming a contestant had good photos that he/she wanted to use, how would he/she add his/her name to the photos? Because the paper as a verification thing can only work when a contestant takes new photos with his name on a paper and not everyone would want to do that.

I don't think anyone would want to deck up, put on makeup and shiz and then write "ItsModella" or whatever his moniker is on a paper before taking a photo.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 01, 2013
xynerise: No Bikinis, No nud.e pictures (except for Abs display but not below your belly button).

No criticism to any of the contestants for it will reduce the self-esteem of the contestants.

Dont post someone else' picture and claim its yours. That is against the constitution of this contest.

Judges should be punctual and unbiased cool.

Note: Guys, if you must show any part of your body, please shave. undecided
Exactly, the last thing one needs is some kishanna sanding stunt.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by UjSizzle(f): 2:07pm On May 01, 2013
ermm
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 01, 2013
dopeJemi:

Attach the pics to a composed email message and send directly to my or ogugua's email address. You cannot send via nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Does Nigeria Have More Good Looking Women Than Other Africans?. / Name The Moniker Of Person You Think That Has A Head Like This One. / A Formal Introduction By A New Member Blu03

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.