Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy (27646 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Ricmayak1: 6:07am On May 05, 2013
It's just so annoying how people are abusing christianity for cheap popularity. It's so glaring that just a few are called. undecidedIt's just so annoying how people are abusing christianity for cheap popularity. It's so glaring that just a few are called.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by cyril83(m): 6:08am On May 05, 2013
Nigerians with religion crazy mind.

@OP where do we find this in bible or are we not suppose to follow the so called bible again?

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by vickkyspassion: 6:14am On May 05, 2013
grin
alfaman2: Me and my wife didn't consummate on our wedding night. But that's alright because we have been having Satanic sex for years previously.
grin I hp u have for forgiveness of Sin sha?
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by lolaluv1(f): 6:17am On May 05, 2013
Its not too big a price to pay. After all, the rest of your lives is before you.

I know women could do this. But some men are just too impatient.

Two of my friends got married as virgins. One's husband let her be for about a week, while the other's husband went to get lube that same night.
At the end of the day, different strokes for different folks.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by ajibaby2: 6:23am On May 05, 2013
Yvete: Just curious to know if anyone has done this?

The idea is, just as you offer your first fruit of labor to God, likewise it is encouraged, not mandatory to offer your wedding night as a first fruit of marriage. Basically, a newly wedded couple should abstain from intimacy on their wedding night and instead spend the night singing praises, and giving thanks in prayer. grin grin

My pastors wife encouraged this "oath" or "offering" at pre-marital class. Although, some guys were straight up honest, " NO!". They weren't smiling. smiley I think its a good way to start off married life (to pray against mis-fortunes, to pray for unborn children, ...etc). "Bring the best of the first fruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God" (Ex. 23:19). Has anyone ever pledged to do this?

it's a good idea. My fiance mentioned this to me but he didn't put it in this light. Now that i have a better understanding of what it means, l'll encourage him. Am certain the reward for this will be greater than the fleeting pleasure of a night.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by akinnux(m): 6:24am On May 05, 2013
Sex at first night is part and parcel of marriage. It's called cosummation of marriage. Christian should be weary of all these man-made doctrine as if they are God's command. This is what Jesus fought all His life.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by sambright2012: 6:40am On May 05, 2013
grin
alfaman2: Me and my wife didn't consummate on our wedding night. But that's alright because we have been having Satanic sex for years previously.
grin
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Tunby(m): 6:46am On May 05, 2013
What the...!!! If I hear say I no bleep the hell out of her, and even if I don't, it won't be because of one stupid 1st fruit obligation.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by achi4u(m): 6:50am On May 05, 2013
Why should a newly wedded couple will be ingnoring the popose of the said marriage?,it dosen't make a sense to anyone who is already ba.gging their spouse.All this are man made wahala.

Abeg allow Baba God to have some rest after helping you to have a successful marriage.lol

*happy sunday to all nairalander.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by jossygal(f): 6:51am On May 05, 2013
Pls how is abstainance on ur wedding 9t first fruit?...to me its jst not called for.u cn praise and worship God and do ur prayers and get dwn 2 bizness.then what happens 2 pple who were already getting dwn b4 d day?to me its jst unnecessary....
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by software(m): 6:53am On May 05, 2013
whats the big deal... they have bin doing it before.. so the wedding night isnt a big deal...Moreso they will be tired due to d wedding stress....
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by achi4u(m): 6:55am On May 05, 2013
lola.luv:
Its not too big a price to pay. After all, the rest of your lives is before you.

I know women could do this. But some men are just too impatient.

Two of my friends got married as virgins. One's husband let her be for about a week, while the other's husband went to get lube that same night.
At the end of the day, different strokes for different folks.
All na waash!
Whatz d big deal about marrying 'a virgin' sef?
Better go for a ruff rider than a learner.
my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:55am On May 05, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Bullshit!pple should stop misinterpretin d bible.I wonder if d apostles were to be alive today,dey will be constantly askin what dey did wrong by writin those wonderful scrolls.d bible said abstinence,I did that and one hediot is tellin me to continue as 1st fruit sacrifice! nigerians and adding so much drama into d word of God!as I do after my weddin is not her biz! Period!(Sorry,I forgot she is a woman of God,maybe d Holy spirit told her)
Everday of ur life is for God,no special day!
u dey mind them?
u might not be intimate for a month for all i care! It aint a rule!
my frnd, jes do wot u read in the word and forget these people. They are begining to irk me with all thier 'new ways' of 'bilivin' things shld look like.
The bible has been interpreted with so many personal ideas that it became apparent that people now worship their pastors instead of reading the word! It seems they biliv the interpretation of the pastor more than wot the bible says. The statement, 'our pastor says/bilivs that' is no more new! By now, i am sure that majority of pastor chris of christ embassy will be masturbatin since their pastor says it aint a sin!

Can u beat that?

Christians of today dnt even bother to read the bible! I mean, what for? They already av their share of 'messages' from their favourite men of God playing in their rooms, cars and phones!

Aint that enough? Fuckin indolency!
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by burey: 7:06am On May 05, 2013
cold: Hmmm...orisirisi things wey pesin dey read for this forum.Which one be first fruit of marriage again?Religion gone mad
It's only in dis kind of church they will tell u that one. Me offer my wedding nite, that I have been waiting for? Maybe in my next life.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Hardeyoye: 7:09am On May 05, 2013
It is meaningless to me. God does not reason d way we mortals reason. Btw, what about d prayers they have been offering b4 d wedding? What about d ones they will still continue to offer daily as d marriage goes on?
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Engineer1985(m): 7:10am On May 05, 2013
Human Philosophy and tranditional believes have really eaten deep into the fabrics of christianity!!

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by tinnymerit(m): 7:15am On May 05, 2013
many commenting hso far have to understand that different strokes for different folks,its a matter of what you believe,what you want and what you are expecting.I think its a way of dedicating ones marriage to God.So if shes menstruating on that night you will do the deed too?.Like i said its a matter of understanding btw the two parties,if theres agreement then but if not its not compulsory but its good,i love it sha.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by supaeagles(m): 7:19am On May 05, 2013
lola.luv:
Two of my friends got married as virgins. One's husband let her be for about a week , while the other's husband went to get lube that same night.
I hope the 1st husband was not knacking the house girl during that week oh !

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 7:20am On May 05, 2013
Thank God I don't believe in first fruit anyway. From the time I was very young when I went to an Anglican church I used to hear about tithes and offerings and sometimes thanksgiving offering. I jst started hearing of this first fruit in my late teens from some pentecostal churches. When was it invented? By who? I don't take any church that asks for first fruit serious. In fact I cannot pay my tithe into such a church. All these talk abt first fruit is making me believe that modern day christianity is just and avenue to defraud me of my earnings. If u don't like it go and hug a tree, my first salary goes to my PARENTS who trained me for so many years without expecting anything in return. Mind you, they are not poor. Not one sweet talking pastor. And I support this with the bible passage that says "Honor your parents so your days may be long." After collecting first fruit from the whole congregation it will not be hard for a pastor to afford a private jet. I once went to one church where the pastor told a story of how someone gave some amount of money to the him and was blessed. In short he is encouraging others to do likewise.(I'm not saying giving a gift to a pastor or to anyone in fact is bad.). That is the last time I took that pastor serious.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by tomber(m): 7:25am On May 05, 2013
I think d only reasonabl reason not to consumate that night is tiredness. What first fruit is like abstainin till marriage. and what will be d sense in giving such first fruit after many disobedience havin premarital sex. The consumation of a marriage to me is gud praise. and nothing stops you from singin and prayin before going into it. Mayb u shud remain virgins as first fruit.Lol.
Bible does allow abstainance of couple during fastin but am sure we dont fast on weddn days. I do not see this as a first fruit at all.
Well, if u are led n ur spouse agrees u might go on waiting. As the bible says. The JUST shall leave by FAITH

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by vizion: 7:26am On May 05, 2013

The idea is, just as you offer your first fruit of labor to God, likewise it is encouraged, not mandatory to offer your wedding night as a first fruit of marriage. Basically, a newly wedded couple should abstain from intimacy on their wedding night and instead spend the night singing praises, and giving thanks in prayer. grin grin

My pastors wife encouraged this "oath" or "offering" at pre-marital class. Although, some guys were straight up honest, " NO!". They weren't smiling. smiley I think its a good way to start off married life (to pray against mis-fortunes, to pray for unborn children, ...etc). "Bring the best of the first fruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God" (Ex. 23:19). Has anyone ever pledged to do this?

I think this idea is delusional and some religious peeps are taking this thing too far. on what ground do you classify the wedding night as a fruit of the marriage? what would the child then be? Seeds??

very soon, your pastor would tell you not to go to work on first day you are suppose to resume work but spend it at home singing praises to God.

BTW, a marriage process is not complete without being consummated. so wonder how you would achieve this first night wonder.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Mcleo007(m): 7:29am On May 05, 2013
Mamacita007: Most pple are too tired to do anything on their wedding night. Even to pray sef might be hard.

Tired for even a quickie? undecided

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by joeace2020(m): 7:29am On May 05, 2013
religion sucks...d darkness christianity most especially has plunged d world into is deeper dan d abbys

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 7:38am On May 05, 2013
Excuse me please, No Vex ooo. What of person that has been chopping de stuff before the wedding?
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by barrchy(f): 7:42am On May 05, 2013
One day this pastors and their wife's will incure the wrath of God by spurning theories and deceiving innocent young couples......once they marry finish they'll all become saints, I shouldnt have sex as a single girl and den when am finally married I still shouldnt have sex cos some woman suggested it.....chapter what verse what pls?

3 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by supaeagles(m): 7:42am On May 05, 2013
joeace2020: religion sucks...d darkness christianity most especially has plunged d world into is deeper dan d abbys
Would you like some "fireworks" instead? Why don't you visit Maiduguri.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by 4peace(m): 7:43am On May 05, 2013

first fruit of marriage is your first baby not sex

Freewill,Freewill,Freewill,Freewill
that makes everybody reason differently hmmmm SATAN should be vindicated now (that what he protested about before GOD banished him).
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by anonimi: 7:46am On May 05, 2013
Christians who are supposed to endeavour to live like Jesus Christ are daily being led astray towards the practices of the Pharisees who abandoned the laws of the God of Israel and made their own laws of men for their fellow Jews to follow.

And it is simply for the purpose of doing what MOST religious leaders have done since the beginning of time:
- Make new laws that are increasingly difficult to respect so that when you transgress such laws (which they will label sin) you fell guilty & become obliged to turn to the religious leaders to INTERCEED for you with your own God.
This ensures the religious leaders continue in busines. Because business is what it is. Christ sure knew how to expose the charlattans then for what they were, daily criticising them until they planned to kill him.

Go through your Bible yourself and find out if what is being proposed here accords with what Christ and his apostles said and practised.
Happy Sunday.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by j4jj: 7:49am On May 05, 2013
What would couples doing during courtship I guess one out of many wld be praying abt the first fruit thing so there wld be no essence!!! Though I actualy like d fact dat u added not mandatory to ur thread!!! I'd rather prefer to do what a xtain friend of mine informed me abt that before a couple plans to hv s*x wt eachother since its d first time they are seeing eachother's nudi-ty they shld both go on their kneels in nak*dness, hold hands, & pray to God and ask whatever they want from God.I tell u dat my friend is still enjoying his marriage with lovely kids. a suggestion anyway

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:52am On May 05, 2013
[size=32pt]DONT BE FOOLED BY OP! DONT WORSHIP THE FOREIGN MAN-GOD JESUS!

HE HAS NO RIGHT TO CONTROL YOUR BEST NIGHT EVER ASWELL! LET HIM KEEP HIS DIRTY JEWISH NOSE OUT OF YOUR BEDROOM![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Pastor Adeboye And Wife Sitting At A Meeting / Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? / Elo Ogidi Reunites With Parents, Meets Pastor Chris (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.