Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,957 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy (27653 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by MsZee(f): 9:52am On May 05, 2013
Some of us don't know this, but in the traditional African culture, newly married couples MUST present, to the awaiting members of the brides family, a 'proof' of the bride's virginity. How is this proof presented? When a newly married bride arrives @ the husband's house, on the day of the wedding/marriage, with the wedding party; comprising mostly of her family members, the husband takes her into a prepared room and bed covered with white sheet. There and then, they will consumate their marriage and present a proof of the bride's virginity to her family. Thinks about it

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by fuckluv(f): 9:56am On May 05, 2013
salt 1: Another bizarre one from a person seeking relevance! Just when you think you've heard it all, another supposed apostle of new understanding springs up.
God hates intimacy outside marriage which is why He established marriage. My advice to op and her cohorts: don't cause people to mock your religion. Secondly, teach the things that will take you and others to heaven. Don't add to the words of God and don't remove from them
That's all.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by salt1: 10:00am On May 05, 2013
olarwarlay: Some people here need to learn the correct interpretation and comprehension of write-ups. The OP never asked anyone to do this, She started by saying "Just curious to know if anyone has done this".

Well IMO, it's not a must for it to happen that night. Shebi they are married already, they can do that anytime, anyday.

I guess the decision is their's to take.

Not really! This is how error starts: from suggestion, to instruction, to law, to doctrine!
We must guard this faith jealously

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 10:09am On May 05, 2013
olarwarlay: Some people here need to learn the correct interpretation and comprehension of write-ups. The OP never asked anyone to do this, She started by saying "Just curious to know if anyone has done this".

Well IMO, it's not a must for it to happen that night. Shebi they are married already, they can do that anytime, anyday.

I guess the decision is their's to take.

Most people are quick to comment w/o reading to understand. She said she's just curious.
Op - I think its a gud idea only if the couple are virgins or never did the do before marriage.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Originalsly: 10:17am On May 05, 2013
Did the pastor wife practice what she is preaching? Go ask her and find out if the s.ex was about first born or lust.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2013
holuhsheun:
u no get sense at all

shut up.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by toskut(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2013
Seriously, is this biblical or your Pastor's wife just feels like saying something?
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by zivility: 11:20am On May 05, 2013
Ideocracy and phsycophancy - soon they will officially start offering d brides to d pastors (juju men) for d first night for him enta n penetrate n banish n pump b4 d husband for prosperos married life.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 11:27am On May 05, 2013
kambo: how about giving the whole month off as first fruit.
or the week.
whats the big deal about s.ex anyway- if they've waited all these years/months.
they can wait a lil longer .. but!
christian churches have a way of creating arbitrary laws.
Jesus on earth fought the traditions of the pharisees- they were blinded by tradition
and this culture is crippling the church.
Dont add to God's word.
e.g in Rccg, and some other churches. Baptism ,is only performed after the ritual of attending a baptismal
class for weeks!
in the bible, baptism followd salvation.

>>
People rever servants of God (MOG) mor than God because of their larger than life image.
People have problems, they dont know how to pray to God,personally , for an answer,
it must be ,the pentecostal tradition of going to meet one "Daddy",
when the Bible says "Come, boldly to the throne of grace"
"make your request known unto God".
Now, in the bible they're cases where God told a person to go meet his servant.
But that is not always the norm.
In the new testament every believer is a PRIEST qualified to MINISTER DIRECTLY unto GOD!!
how many MOG preach this in their churches? i guess the dependency will drop.

>> Brother wants to marry, the decision must be vetted by MOG!
chei.
too many moo moo's in christianity.
Brother doesnt understand bible verse , he must go meet MOG!
whatever MOG says is law.
imagine the crap deeper life teaches ,that women shouldnt wear gold!
taking whole verses out context!!
so who did create gold for? and why does Jesus wear gold!?
It's so terrible to the extent that , most people ,can't seek God directly on any matter any more,
it must be thru the "Daddy"!.
And these MOG ,some of them aint helping matters at all, they're encouraging the dependency!!

too many stupid christians i'll say. brainless morons in the church. not created so but they dont like to engage their
minds.
no wonder in intellectual circles ,most christian are baba at carrying last-na so so church church them sabi!!!
angry angry angry
all these man-made protocols.

I was about to agree with you until I read the bolded. Please don't lead people astray by saying things you know nothing about. Why don't you give verses that support the bolded. God asked the Israelites to remove their jewelries so he could decide what to do with them and the bible never recorded anywhere that God asked them to wear it again. Read also Jer 4:30 Even you pastor Adeboye's wife and daughter don't wear gold and they are not deeper life members.
Be careful what you spit out. If you lack wisdom, ask of the Lord.
Note: Am not a deeper lifer and have never bn to deeper life
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Teewills(m): 11:30am On May 05, 2013
Whatever. Don't tweak religion to suit ur purpose. Being intimate on the first night of marriage n abstaining from it are aws created by men... and has notting to do with God. God is not human and therefore cannot be bribed. The best thing you can do to receive favor at all times is to pray, keep his commandments and study his word!

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Reference(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2013
salt 1:

Not really! This is how error starts: from suggestion, to instruction, to law, to doctrine!
We must guard this faith jealously

Exactly. A lot of wierd doctrines and practices found in churches started this way; following after the thoughts and customs of men. That's why Jesus came; to set us free, absolutely free to focus on God not feelings.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 11:44am On May 05, 2013
How many times a day do I have to sit down and praise God? What's the actual point of having a church wedding if I can spend the whole night singing and praying? God is not deaf, He heard my prayers in the church, he heard my prayers at the registry, He doesn't need me to pray 24/7 before He hears my prayer. All these Christians and their unnecessary suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Abbott(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2013
or the week.
Jesus on earth fought the traditions of the pharisees- they were blinded by tradition
Dont add to God's word.
e.g in Rccg, and some other churches. Baptism ,is only performed after the ritual of attending a baptismal
class for weeks!

>>
People rever servants of God (MOG) mor than God because of their larger than life image.
People have problems, they dont know how to pray to God,personally , for an answer,
In the new testament every believer is a PRIEST qualified to MINISTER DIRECTLY unto GOD!!

chei.
It's so terrible to the extent that , most people ,can't seek God directly on any matter any more,
And these MOG ,some of them aint helping matters at all, they're encouraging the dependency!!

too many stupid christians i'll say. brainless morons in the church. not created so but they dont like to engage their
minds.
no wonder in intellectual circles ,most christian are baba at carrying last-na so so church church them sabi!!!
angry angry angry

Dude, you vex gannn! Calm down.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Ishilove: 12:50pm On May 05, 2013
Reference:

The joy of the Lord is your strength. Stay positive.
Thanks. will do smiley
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by COvo(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2013
Not having sex that night won't make you the holiest couples in the world,you guys are married so not having sex is not gonna be any different from having it.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Agbele1(m): 1:02pm On May 05, 2013
Pls i dnt kno y we 9ja try 2b 2 spirtual,given God ur weddin 9t as 1st fruits is personal,if my wif nd i as d strenght 2 show luv dat so be it,if no strenght we relax,bt d place of thanks 2 God wil nt b ignor daj 9t ;DPls i dnt kno y we 9ja try 2b 2 spirtual,given God ur weddin 9t as 1st fruits is personal,if my wif nd i as d strenght 2 show luv dat so be it,if no strenght we relax,bt d place of thanks 2 God wil nt b ignor daj 9t
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Agbele1(m): 1:04pm On May 05, 2013
Pls i dnt kno y we 9ja try 2b 2 spirtual,given God ur weddin 9t as 1st fruits is personal,if my wif nd i as d strenght 2 show luv dat so be it,if no strenght we relax,bt d place of thanks 2 God wil nt b ignor dat 9t
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by BodyKiss(m): 1:15pm On May 05, 2013
Some people just make this our God look like some kind of oracle you worship in a specific way.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 05, 2013
striktlymi:

I don't think you were patient enough to read the OP...if you had read it, you would know that what was up there was basically an advice and really has nothing to do with what is or not scriptural...scripture misinterpretation does not come to play.
Bro/sis no vex,
That is how it starts,small time it will become d norm.tell me,all these junks preached in churches did they just sprout out overnight? I lv xtianity very much and I'm passionate about it but these pple r yeyerising it!its only few men of God that dis madness goin on didn't touch and I pray it will not touch them. No wonder others make mockery of us!

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by debony(m): 1:31pm On May 05, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Bullshit!pple should stop misinterpretin d bible.I wonder if d apostles were to be alive today,dey will be constantly askin what dey did wrong by writin those wonderful scrolls.d bible said abstinence,I did that and one hediot is tellin me to continue as 1st fruit sacrifice! nigerians and adding so much drama into d word of God!as I do after my weddin is not her biz! Period!(Sorry,I forgot she is a woman of God,maybe d Holy spirit told her)
Everday of ur life is for God,no special day!
I think d writer said it is not mandatory. Y are u cryin foul over it?

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Strongbest(m): 1:34pm On May 05, 2013
alfaman2: Me and my wife didn't consummate on our wedding night. But that's alright because we have been having Satanic sex for years previously.
Most honest Man I'v eva seen on nailand! I lyk ya sincerity bro. I hate pretenderz alot...
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by j4jj: 1:34pm On May 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=16pt]YOU DONT SEE US TRADITIONALISTS SACRIFICING TO LORD AMADIOHA ON OUR WEDDING NIGHT BEDROOM, DO YOU?

NIGERIANS WAKE UP! THIS A SCAM BY OP AND HER PASTOR TO HOLD YOU IN COMPLETE MENTAL BONDAGE![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry

I would hv called u a fool bt jst because today is Sunday I wouldn't ...smiley I see u r actualy a Pagan based on ur profile name! y nt just gv ur opinion and stop talkin nonsense! D poster has said its nt madatory or did u close ur eyes when u were reading.

Nothing! I repeat nothing can seperate me from d love of Jesus christ...
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by minute(f): 1:35pm On May 05, 2013
Something is very very wrong if you need to ask that question.

If you can't get away from that church, please don't raise your children that way.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by kambo(m): 1:45pm On May 05, 2013
Kamsy10:

I was about to agree with you until I read the bolded. Please don't lead people astray by saying things you know nothing about. Why don't you give verses that support the bolded. God asked the Israelites to remove their jewelries so he could decide what to do with them and the bible never recorded anywhere that God asked them to wear it again. Read also Jer 4:30 Even you pastor Adeboye's wife and daughter don't wear gold and they are not deeper life members.
Be careful what you spit out. If you lack wisdom, ask of the Lord.
Note: Am not a deeper lifer and have never bn to deeper life
anoda traditionalist has come online. Jeremiah 4vs30 "...though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentests thy face with painting, in vain shall thou make thyself fair,...". With ur educated mind this means gold,crimson,make up is evil? . Rev 1 vs 13 - jesus wears " a robe reachg down to his feet and a GOLDEN SASH around his chest"! - so much for not wearg gold. Gold is d asphalt of heaven! Job 42v10: job was given a piece of silver and a GOLD RING - the jews were gold wearg pple. Mark 7 vs 15 "nothing outside a man can make him unclean.....rather it is wat comes out of a man that makes him unclean " vs 21 "for within out of a man's heart, comes ...... Vs 23: all these evils come from INSIDE and make him unclean". Not d gold u are wearg! Did adeboye write the bible? If he choses not to use gold or silver i shd imitate him? Are u to live by ur pastors word or God's word! .. Use wisdom, todays christianity is crippled with so many worthless traditions that counter God's word. God put gold , diamond, silver, rubies 4 his children to enjoy. Not for satan company. Gen2vs11,12: get ur thnkg straight man.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by supaeagles(m): 3:19pm On May 05, 2013
lola.luv:
How?Would you throw away a 10/10 for a jumpoff? The guy worships the ground she works on. He literarily had to part the red sea to marry her.She's a motivation to any right-thinking human and the virginity was just a plus. Not the major deciding factor.
No vex abeg, was just a joke.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by supaeagles(m): 3:29pm On May 05, 2013
Policewoman: We women can do without sex so I don't personally see not consumating my marriage as a sacrifice. How about donating that wedding gift (car, fridge, Home theatre, Jewelry, e.t.c) to God (or to the poor) as 1st fruit of marriage? That makes more sense to me.
Fantastic idea - here's my double 'like' for your post. Not only is this spiritually a great deed but a fellow human in need has been helped too.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by swiftycool(m): 4:00pm On May 05, 2013
Yvete: Just curious to know if anyone has done this?

The idea is, just as you offer your first fruit of labor to God, likewise it is encouraged, not mandatory to offer your wedding night as a first fruit of marriage. Basically, a newly wedded couple should abstain from intimacy on their wedding night and instead spend the night singing praises, and giving thanks in prayer. grin grin

My pastors wife encouraged this "oath" or "offering" at pre-marital class. Although, some guys were straight up honest, " NO!". They weren't smiling. smiley I think its a good way to start off married life (to pray against mis-fortunes, to pray for unborn children, ...etc). "Bring the best of the first fruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God" (Ex. 23:19). Has anyone ever pledged to do this?

Oh ok I get it, the fruits of marriage is sex shocked , smh sometimes u spirikoko guys go too far like there isn't a whole day dedicated to wedding thanksgiving and prayers!
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by ajufinz(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2013
alfaman2: Me and my wife didn't consummate on our wedding night. But that's alright because we have been having Satanic sex for years previously.

Satan most be so proud of this statement...?
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by joe4christ(m): 5:44pm On May 05, 2013
or the week.
Dont add to God's word.
class for weeks!

>>

chei.

minds.
angry angry angry

Now, you sound like lucifer himself.
Whose side are u actually on
You sound deluded!
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Foxie: 6:01pm On May 05, 2013
femiero: Why not give your first day ay=t your new job as offering to God by singing praise and worship at work all day long? The first day of marriage is not a fruit!! You pple keep bringing extraneous materials into Christianity!!!!!!

lol
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 05, 2013
As far as the scriptures go,there is no basis for it.This idea is borne out of pure human reasoning-at best,it is false humility.
The idea that a couple practices celibacy on the wedding night does not necessarily mean there would be a marriage cultured with a bed of roses.
If anything,it is what they do before and after the wedding that is consequential.In other words,wedding is a hyphen between the unmarried state and the married state.
Anybody can have a wedding,but marriage is not guaranteed for everyone.For some,it's just a fleeting illusion.
Whether a couple has sex or not on the wedding night is not an issue in the dynamics of marriage.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 05, 2013
Niqqa what? Nna enh! Scatter the damn thing. Bumble clot rude bwuay cant wait. What bumbo clot fuckery is this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Throwback Photo Of Pastor Adeboye And Wife Sitting At A Meeting / Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.