Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

How To Watch Dstv On Samsung Galaxy Grand - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Watch Dstv On Samsung Galaxy Grand (2578 Views)

How To Watch Dstv On Your Android Device / How To Watch Free Dstv On Andriod Device For Free / How To Watch Live Dstv On Pc,andriod,iphone Without Dongle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Dstv On Samsung Galaxy Grand by johncyril: 12:07pm On May 01, 2013
HOW TO WATCH DSTV ON SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND
STEPS TO FOLLOW
• Root your Samsung Galaxy Grand
• Install OTA RootKeeper from Google Play Store
• Install Drifta from Google Play Store
• Connect to DSTV through the Drifta device from your Samsung Galaxy Grand

HOW TO ROOT YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND
• Install Samsung Kies on your PC to have your phone drivers installed on your PC
• Install ODIN3, version 3.07 on your PC(download Odin 3 online)
• On your galaxy grand, under settings, scroll to developer options and enable USB Debugging
• Download clockwod mode recovery software(CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5) to your PC desktop
• Download UPDATE-SuperSU-1.00.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip to your phone memory card(note the location)
• On your PC, run Odin. Under option, check F.Reset Time box ONLY. Under files{download}, check the PDA box(ONLY) and click the space in front to upload CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 from your desktop
• Boot your phone to download mode(this can be achieved by switching off your phone, holding the volume down, power button and home button simultaneously.
• Connect your phone to your PC while in download mode through USB.
• Under message in Odin, you will see the comment ‘Added!!’
• In Odin, click start while ensuring that only F.Reset Time and PDA are checked
• The Rooting process will begin. wait for it to complete(when you see the message removed!! Or 1min after you get the msg RES Ok!!
• Disconnect your phone from the USB
• Remove your phone battery to switch off and install back battery
• Boot your phone to clockwod mode recovery by pressing home button, volume up button and power button simultaneously. You should see clockwod at the top.
• Use volume buttons to scroll to “update from SD card” and install Fix-Recovery.zip. Also install UPDATE-SuperSU-1.00.zip earlier downloaded . Use power button to select
• Go back to the recovery screen by scrolling to /.. each time and pressing the power button
• Scroll to reboot phone and press power button
• That’s it…Galaxy Grand is Rooted

INSTALLING OTA ROOTKEEPER FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE
• Download and Install OTA Rootkeeper from Play Store(drifta does not install on
rooted phones so rootkeeper can be used to temporarily unroot phone)
INSTALL DRIFTA FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE
• Install from play store

MAKING SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PASS AUTHENTICATION ON DSTV
• Install ES File Explorer from Play Store on your phone
• Launched application and grant root access.
• Under root folder(device), scroll to system folder and scroll down to build.prop.
• Click on file to open and open with ES note. Search for ‘ro.modell=I9082 and
click on top right icon to edit. Edit to I9082 to I9100.(this will make DSTV think
you are using I9100 which is among the supported devices)(editing can only be done
if root is restored in RootKeeper.)
• Close application.
• Run drifta program and wait for authentication to be complete.
• Switch on drifta devices and enable phone wi-fi
• Now Enjoy DSTV on your Galaxy Grand
Re: How To Watch Dstv On Samsung Galaxy Grand by newman10(m): 2:53pm On May 01, 2013
Didn't get it. Getting error message after the editing to GTI9100. Specifically saying cannot be saved, an error occur

1 Like

Re: How To Watch Dstv On Samsung Galaxy Grand by DMerciful(m): 5:04pm On May 01, 2013
@ newman.....b4 editing ensure the phone is rooted . thats the only way you can edit system files. unless you did not follow d steps religiously cos I have seen a friend of mine do this

(1) (Reply)

Tecno W4s Screen Needed.... / Earn N1,000 Airtime If You Get Answer To This Question Correctly / Get Free Unlimited Data On Airtel Reversal Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.