₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,315,117 members, 5,101,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2019 at 09:46 PM

Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers (4505 Views)

Female Bank Marketers, Unholy Targets And The Sleaze / Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / The Future Of Bank Marketers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by shift: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2008
Jim Ovia Reads Riot Act In Zenith. Bring Deposit Or:

In a bid to avoid paying the  productivity which forms about 60% of zenith bank staff salaries, Jim Ovia has come up with outrageous targets for his marketers.  If you recall, salaries were slashed by about 60% and converted to productivity bonus.  There is the treat of reverting to your old salary before you may be asked to go home.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by tonyoseh(m): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2008
thats really a news.i pity the marketers,but wit God they ll go higher.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by kittykat(f): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2008
I guess he slashed salaries because he had to split some to his Visafone staffs.[His baby project.]
Take heart dearie.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by paulomivi: 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2008
I believe that Jim canot make such a glotty policy for his poor workers.Jim i know tasted extreme poverty,he should remember his past not to make life miserable for his staff in the name of marketing.i still remember how he begged for school fee while in LASU.I'm sure he can never hunt th poor for he understands full meaning of poor.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by paulomivi: 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2008
I believe that Jim cannot make such a glotty policy for his poor workers.Jim i know tasted extreme poverty,he should remember his past not to make life miserable for his staff in the name of marketing.i still remember how he begged for school fees while in LASU.I'm sure he can never hunt the poor for he understands the full meaning of poor.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by DisGuy: 5:03am On Apr 19, 2008
what are the targets like?
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by candylips(m): 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2008
Jim ovia is a bully
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by obino4lurv(m): 8:46pm On May 01, 2008
Am sure his' is nothing compared to Akingbola's (Intercontinental). I have a cousin that just lost his job there cause he couldnt meet their outrageous targets, havent heard dat from any other bank,
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by SweetT1: 1:09am On May 02, 2008
@Poster

It's not just Zenith, Most of these banks are facing tough time but they keep it under wraps. That's why they are scrambling so hard to diversify. Don't put your career in one place, diversify and seek for a better horizon. Can you imagine Zenith going back to the Capital Market to raise another N8Billion?? They just went to market less than a year ago.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by totolover(m): 4:37pm On May 06, 2008
And so?
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by pku(f): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2008
I also work in one of the banks and it's been tough; but we are hanging in there.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by Ndipe(m): 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2008
How do you people exceed those quota with the economy?
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by og2711(m): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2008
paulomivi:

I believe that Jim cannot make such a glotty policy for his poor workers.Jim i know tasted extreme poverty,he should remember his past not to make life miserable for his staff in the name of marketing.i still remember how he begged for school fees while in LASU.I'm sure he can never hunt the poor for he understands the full meaning of poor.

This is business, not making the world a better place for others. He has tasted poverty and is sure he does not want to anymore. If his staff have too, they will realize hard work is the only way to avoid it. Besides, knowing human beings, if you do not set this sort of impossible target for them, they will slack off till they stop bringing any money to the bank. Besides, less than half of the staff in a bank are marketers there are those who are not gong to be affected,
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by MrCrackles(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2008
shocked
What an idiot, Jim Ovia is!!!
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by scottN(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2008
Well with the rumours that banks r going 4 d 100b naira capital base. Earlier on it would not b that hard 2 imagine esp Zenith bank. But I thought with visaphone(already hving 1m subscribers) he ought to ease a bit on d staff.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by Isiokpukpo: 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2008
why stressing people again after declaring ficticious profit after tax of N56 billion in the last 15 months? sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by whassup: 8:54am On Dec 05, 2008
am sure bankers are not the ones sending this post.this problem is everywhere in the world except for few asian countries there is financial crisis and if the bank collapse the workers all go home so why not lets all  work together at least when tings are good bankers enjoye the profit sharing.people are here shouting jim ovia is bad if zenith calls u wont u go 4 interview and doing a job is not a do or die tin if zenith staffs are tired of working for jim ovia there are young graduate out there that can do the job even for a peanut.so y shout or cry for them.y not face your own business and get to the top even to eat and partner with jim ovia.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by mantote: 7:33am On Mar 03, 2010
zenith isastupid bank.just full of pride.their staff are extremely poor.can u immagine working in a bank for 37500/month as a banker?though his letter carries 75,000.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by candylips(m): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^ hahah grin
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by AjanleKoko: 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2010
paulomivi:

Jim Ovia didn't go to LASU o!
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
story is prolly bs - even with the layoffs zenith bank is known as the bank with the bst job security in the industry - and i have heard this from zenith workers
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by joshO: 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2010
My advise to anyone employed -  if you must stay employed and respected in your chosen professions -  is to vigourously pursue Continues Professional Development programmes. For example, most marketers are, well, really just that, marketers! Very little core banking /financial skill and knowledge. No qualifications that stand you out other than first degrees, oftentimes in non-finance related fields. Unfortunately, first degrees in Nigeria are not the currency they once were!

There are professionals in many of these  banks, (even the so called distressed banks) with relevant qualifications / certifications from reputable bodies like Securities and Investment Institute, CFA, LIFFA and then MBA's etc that have made them more productive and enabled them gain respect and influence in their respective organizations. They are more skilled and therefore have more options,  less vulnerable to the whims of senior management.  Ironic as it may sound, there remains a shortage of requisite finance skillsets in many banks!

Marketing, as mostly practiced by our bankers,  should be at best an entry strategy.  My personal banker has remained a marketer for over 5 years - same level! She funds yearly vacations to the US but relegated further education for one reason or another.  Now she's feeling extremely vulnerable and panicking!. The writing's on the wall - aim to increase your professional value through dedicated personal development initiative or forever remain vulnerable,

My two cents!
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by scoro99(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2010
joshO:

My advise to anyone employed -  if you must stay employed and respected in your chosen professions -  is to vigourously pursue Continues Professional Development programmes. For example, most marketers are, well, really just that, marketers! Very little core banking /financial skill and knowledge. No qualifications that stand you out other than first degrees, oftentimes in non-finance related fields. Unfortunately, first degrees in Nigeria are not the currency they once were!

There are professionals in many of these  banks, (even the so called distressed banks) with relevant qualifications / certifications from reputable bodies like Securities and Investment Institute, CFA, LIFFA and then MBA's etc that have made them more productive and enabled them gain respect and influence in their respective organizations. They are more skilled and therefore have more options,  less vulnerable to the whims of senior management.  Ironic as it may sound, there remains a shortage of requisite finance skillsets in many banks!

Marketing, as mostly practiced by our bankers,  should be at best an entry strategy.  My personal banker has remained a marketer for over 5 years - same level! She funds yearly vacations to the US but relegated further education for one reason or another.  Now she's feeling extremely vulnerable and panicking!. The writing's on the wall - aim to increase your professional value through dedicated personal development initiative or forever remain vulnerable,

My two cents!
u re just d man!
If only they knew.
Re: Jim Ovia Sets Outrageous Targets For Zenith Bank Marketers by candylips(m): 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
gbam

(1) (Reply)

What Profession Do You Find Sexiest? / How Does Performance-based Remuneration Works in Your Company? Pls Share Ideas / Possible Jobs With Major In International Studies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.