Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Scam Alert: Mtn Defrauding It's Customers. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Scam Alert: Mtn Defrauding It's Customers. (744 Views)

RED ALERT! MTN Is Silently Reaping Off Nigerians. Share Your Expereinces Too! / Is Glo Messing With It's Customers? / Scam Alert:- MTN Ultimate Wonder Promo Aeroplane Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Mtn Defrauding It's Customers. by Mpeace(m): 12:47am On May 02, 2013
MTN Nigeria has deviced another means of defrauding its customers. This time around, its through their newly introduced 25MB for N150, and 50MB for N200 mobile internet plan; and their Time based bundle plans on MTN modem. I subscribed for the N150/25MB mobile plan for an assignment and got a text confirming same after deduction of N150, but they kept on charging 5k per kb from my main naira account. I then called customer service center, the first person droped the call after my complaint, I called again and one Abubakar picked. After listening tto my complain, he asked me to switch off my phone for 4min to access my 25MB. I did so but after spending 1MB of the 25MB, they cleared my accounts(both data and money). I decided to use my Mtn modem, and after loading and subscribing for the time based bundle, they deducted the cost and sent a confirmatory sms but once more I couldn't browse. I then went to Mtn's office at Hillstation Hotel Junction, Jos, Plateau, to lay my complain. There, all they said was ''sorry those mobile plans don't work and as for the time based plans, we have been telling people to stop subscribing to them, they hardly work''. Well at the end of the day, I lost my hard earned money to mtn and I know many more people have or will lose their's. So beware. I also hope mtn desist from charging people until they are ready to provide the particular service subscribed for.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pls Which Tariff Plan Is The Lowest For Glo / Live Profile-best Instant Messaging Application For Android Phone / Internet Suncribers In Nigeria.50% On Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.