Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Can God Be Seen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Be Seen? (1187 Views)

Poll: Do u believe man can see God?

Yes: 28% (2 votes)
No: 71% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Can God Be Proven From A Blank Sheet Of Paper? / Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Be Seen? by rite2salas(m): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2008
Yes, many have seen him. 
Genesis 12:7
And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, 

Genesis 18:1
And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre.

Genesis 26:2
And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of.

Genesis 26:24
And the LORD appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not.

Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Genesis 35:9
And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him.

Genesis 48:3
And Jacob said unto Joseph, God Almighty appeared unto me at Luz in the land of Canaan.

Exodus 3:16
The LORD God ,  appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you.

Exodus 4:5
That they may believe that the LORD God ,  hath appeared unto thee.

Exodus 6:3
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, 

Exodus 24:9-11
Then went up Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. And they saw the God of Israel ,  They saw God, and did eat and drink.

Exodus 33:11
And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend.

Exodus 33:23
And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts.

Numbers 14:14
For they have heard that thou Lord art among this people, that thou Lord art seen face to face.

Deuteronomy 5:4
The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire.

Deuteronomy 34:10
And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face.

Judges 13:22
And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.

1 Kings 22:19
I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.

Job 42:5
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Psalm 63.2
To see thy power and they glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Isaiah 6:1
In the year that King Ussiah died, I saw, also, the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up.

Isaiah 6:5
For mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Ezekiel 1:27
And saw ,  the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, 

Ezekiel 20:35
And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

Amos 7:7
The LORD stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand.

Amos 9:1
I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake.

Habakkuk 3:3-5
God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran ,  He had horns coming out of his hand.

Matthew 18:9
Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 

No, God is invisible and cannot be seen.

Exodus 33:20
There shall no man see me, and live.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time.

John 6:46
Not that any man hath seen the Father.

1 Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.

1 Timothy 6:16
Whom no man hath seen nor can see.

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time.
Re: Can God Be Seen? by Cayon(f): 2:19am On Apr 16, 2008
According to the bible, the answer is Nobut I stand to be corrected
Re: Can God Be Seen? by rite2salas(m): 2:43am On Apr 16, 2008
How come the above verses claims sighting of GOD?
Re: Can God Be Seen? by Frizy(m): 10:53am On Apr 16, 2008
According to Muhamme'd God cannot not be seen in this present world. In the kor'an, it was only Moses who talked to God and heard Him responding back as we communicate back. However, Moses himself did not see God, it was rather a unique glowing fire. When Moses asked God that the he wanted to see Him, because of the children of Israel requested for this- God showed a shadow(some scholars say) but Moses fainted because of the light.

One thing about the claims of people saying they saw God in the Bible was that when the Lord appeared to Moses for example, it doesn't exactly mean face to face but by means best known to God Himself(like sending angels, insipiring the person e.t.c). Probably the authors had no better way to express it.
Re: Can God Be Seen? by Ndipe(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2008
The Holy Bible is not contradictory. All these visible appearances of God were the manifestations of Jesus Christ who is also God! Remember, God the Father cannot be seen. We can only come to Him through His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Re: Can God Be Seen? by Nobody: 4:19am On Apr 20, 2008
however would you see God, remember the song christians sing, immortal God, invisible God,
Re: Can God Be Seen? by samba123(m): 9:14am On Apr 21, 2008
Ndipe
The Holy Bible is not contradictory.

You did not Read the Bibles that is why ?

All these visible appearances of God were the manifestations of Jesus Christ who is also God!

Then there is appearance and visible God? but you see god by your naked eyes

[Remember, God the Father cannot be seen.

Only that i agree that the Father can't be seen it make sense

We can only come to Him through His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, Amen

I dont believe you assessment here it doesn't make sense.
Re: Can God Be Seen? by Seabe(m): 9:51am On Apr 21, 2008
According to my understanding of the scripture, God cannot be seen and his presence cannot be felt.
BUt what about Jesus, Jesus is God and he came in the image of God. Remember the bible says that we are created in the image of God. He is the image of the invisible God, he came as an image of God so that he may be like us and that through him we may be saved, because Jesus was, and is still Pure and Holy.
The way that Jesus was glorified after his death and ressurection, is exactly how we are going to be like him the time when he comes.
So, God cannot be seen, but he can choose to reveal him self to whoever he likes.
smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Believe In Destiny. / The Unpardonable Sin / Cardinal Okojie Flown To India For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.