Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? (6578 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / Jesus Wept - John 11: 35. Who Can Explain Why? / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever (2) (3) (4)

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by alfaman2: 3:26pm On May 03, 2013
Wait. Let me find my obadiah cap.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by alfaman2: 3:29pm On May 03, 2013
Puts on Obadiah cap.

YOU HEATHEN READETH THE SCRIPTURE SIDEWAYS. DAVID WAS NOT REAL AND THE BABY WAS NOT REAL. DAVID MEANS ISREAL AND THE BABY MEANS INHERITANCE OF ISREAL. WHEN THE PASSAGE SAID THAT GOD TOOK AWAY THE CHILD BY KILLING IT, IT MEANT THAT GOD TOOK AWAY THE INHERITANCE BUT TO RESTORE THE INHERITANCE, HE SENT JESUS TO DIE INSTEAD.

Puts of cap.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 03, 2013
alfaman2: Puts on Obadiah cap.

YOU HEATHEN READETH THE SCRIPTURE SIDEWAYS. DAVID WAS NOT REAL AND THE BABY WAS NOT REAL. DAVID MEANS ISREAL AND THE BABY MEANS INHERITANCE OF ISREAL. WHEN THE PASSAGE SAID THAT GOD TOOK AWAY THE CHILD BY KILLING IT, IT MEANT THAT GOD TOOK AWAY THE INHERITANCE BUT TO RESTORE THE INHERITANCE, HE SENT JESUS TO DIE INSTEAD.

Puts of cap.

Obadiah approves of this post
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 03, 2013
2buff: You mean can someone explain why God took back Davids son from him to heaven to enjoy life? There is no death. Only the next level.

Lol....i hope God takes all your children to heaven at infancy
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 03, 2013
Mistade Regal: Does GOD think and see as man? Or is the Way of the ALMIGHTY same as your ways? If you want to know, why don't you ascend on high and mount yourself as the MOST HIGH GOD in riding upon the Heavens and sitting upon the Mount of Congregation in the sides of the North and ask HIS MAJESTY directly "Why did you kill David's son?"
Have you forgotten that GOD is not questionable?
Have you not read that every idle words you say, you will make account of on Judgment Day?
Why then should you let the devil lend you to speak against the Heavens that he(devil) might report you to GOD for your malspeeches!

God is not questionable?

How slave-like of you.

Read your bible- people questioned God
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol....i hope God takes all your children to heaven at infancy

It is only God's plan and purposes for my life that will stand sure, regardless of these "hopes" you have for your future.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 03, 2013
2buff:

It is only God's plan and purposes for my life that will stand sure, regardless of these "hopes" you have for your future.

Shut up. Dumbazz psychopath.

It is God's will for those christians who prayed in churches but were bombed by boko haram in the north to die like fowl abi?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Image123(m): 10:29pm On May 03, 2013
and here is logicb with the crocodile tears, crying more than the bereaved, and shaking his head like its empty. The words of king David can still be found in Psalm 14, you know the verse ihope.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 10:52pm On May 03, 2013
^^^ Is that your answer to the question? Seems you guys just like to attack this dude or did he by any means chase you in your dreams?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Image123(m): 11:01pm On May 03, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
^^^ Is that your answer to the question? Seems you guys just like to attack this dude or did he by any means chase you in your dreams?
what is the question again, imagine answering all jamb questions correctly on this thread and tell me what your jamb score will be?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 12:09am On May 04, 2013
Image123:
what is the question again, imagine answering all jamb questions correctly on this thread and tell me what your jamb score will be?
I don't understand your post, could you kindly rephrase?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 4:05am On May 04, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Meet Image123roll.. Nairaland's most miserable Christian, 1st son of tpia...
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Vansnickers: 5:56am On May 04, 2013
ninja4life: U cannot understand d things of d spirit without d holy ghost so go for it to teach u waht u donot understand.k

Since we don't have the "holy ghost" and you do. Teach us what it has revealed to you.

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:11am On May 04, 2013
Image123: and here is logicb with the crocodile tears, crying more than the bereaved, and shaking his head like its empty. The words of king David can still be found in Psalm 14, you know the verse ihope.

Trolololo....

When you are ready to stop being an empty barrel, holla at me
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:47am On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

A good reason not to believe in yahweh
U will believe him in hellfire.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Image123(m): 7:59am On May 04, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Image123:
what is the question again? Imagine yourself answering all jamb questions correctly on this thread, tell me what your jamb score will be?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 8:12am On May 04, 2013
musKeeto:
Meet Image123roll.. Nairaland's most miserable Christian, 1st son of tpia...
I don't think he is miserable but there must be a reason why that title was bestowed on him.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 8:23am On May 04, 2013
ekenedegreat: U will believe him in hellfire.
Believe in him in what way?....That he is great at torturing people for the sins of their fathers or what?
And what makes you so sure that you are safe from this hellfire? You know he changes his mind every two minutes.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 5:09pm On May 04, 2013
Was there justice for the child? I think this is the underlying question logicboy is trying to get at?
So far what I see is justification for Yahweh's action. But no rational answers (in my opinion).
Punish David by killing his son so David can suffer...come on. Makes sense from the suffering point of view but from a justice point of view, I'm not convinced.

Did David hate God then?

Exodus 20:5 "You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers' sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,..."
Or
Ezekiel 18:20 "The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them."

Yet, earlier in Genesis God allowed the first son of Judah, Er to be born. Once he was wicked in God site then God killed him.
What sin David's son could have possibly committed in SEVEN days that he deserved death?!

If the killing of the child was for the greater good (if one wants to take this as literal anyway) because "we don't know Yahweh's ways" then let's conclude there is no such thing as evil. As what we consider evil is the goodness of Yahweh.

Yahweh creates good and evil according to him. Not only that, we are just like him/them (the Gods) in knowing good and evil. So if a man wants to call this an evil act, what is the problem?

Give thanks for the reasoning!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Lease(m): 5:22pm On May 04, 2013
Did David hate God then? Exodus 20:5 "You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers' sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,..."

Or

Ezekiel 18:20 "The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them."

We should be careful not to allow mistakes inadvertently made by bible writers and some people of old to make us sin against GOD just because some of the statements in the bible seems illogical to us and our christian brethrens can't provide satisfactory answer except that GOD does things the way he likes which may be incomprehensible to man. Let us take Nigerian MOG as an example where they tell us that GOD spoke with them either to leave their current church to establish a new one, or to do seven days revival etc etc. Unfortunately the unwary ones among their members actually believe that these men spoke directly with GOD. If you go back to read Ezekiel 18 v 1-2,GOD clearly said that the description of him as a GOD that visits the sin of father on subsequent generations was an ADAGE in Israel and should be stopped. Thus, it is either that Moses added the statement and erroneously attributed it to GOD in Exodus or the subsequent bible scribes added it just because it was already an ADAGE in Israel just the way some superstitious beliefs have become an established facts in our culture until the advent of better knowledge through science. In addition, (though i can't remember the exact place in the Bible now) one of the major prophets in the old Testament quoted GOD to have said that most of the statements attributed to HIM were not true but made by the " LYING PEN OF THE SCRIBES". The summary of my argument is that the fact that it was reported that GOD claimed to have killed King David's son for his sins may not actually be correct. It most likely was the way the writer (scribes) understood it then. So let us be careful not to sin against GOD albeit inadvertently.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 5:31pm On May 04, 2013
Lease: Did David hate God then? Exodus 20:5 "You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers' sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,..."

Or

We should be careful not to allow mistakes inadvertently made by bible writers and some people of old to make us sin against GOD just because some of the statements in the bible seems illogical to us and our christian brethrens can't provide satisfactory answer except that GOD does things the way he likes which may be incomprehensible to man. Let us take Nigerian MOG as an example where they tell us that GOD spoke with them either to leave their current church to establish a new one, or to do seven days revival etc etc. Unfortunately the unwary ones among their members actually believe that these men spoke directly with GOD. If you go back to read Ezekiel 18 v 1-2,GOD clearly said that the description of him as a GOD that visits the sin of father on subsequent generations was an ADAGE in Israel and should be stopped. Thus, it is either that Moses added the statement and erroneously attributed it to GOD in Exodus or the subsequent bible scribes added it just because it was already an ADAGE in Israel just the way some superstitious beliefs have become an established facts in our culture until the advent of better knowledge through science. In addition, (though i can't remember the exact place in the Bible now) one of the major prophets in the old Testament quoted GOD to have said that most of the statements attributed to HIM were not true but made by the " LYING PEN OF THE SCRIBES". The summary of my argument is that the fact that it was reported that GOD claimed to have killed King David's son for his sins may not actually be correct. It most likely was the way the writer (scribes) understood it then. So let us be careful not to sin against GOD albeit inadvertently.

Give thanks!
I agree with you 110%. My aim is not to sin against the Highest but to pose questions to provoke thinking and reasoning among myself and the posters here. I share the the same sentiment that you posted.
Thanks for the suggestion and advice. I'll take it.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 04, 2013
Lease: Did David hate God then? Exodus 20:5 "You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers' sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,..."

Or

Why not see the bible for what it is; writings of ignorant jewish cavemen?

You pick and select the parts of bible you like? How do you know the whole Jesus thing is not a mistake from the lying pens of scribes as well? We already have contradictory accounts of Jesus
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 7:21pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why not see the bible for what it is; writings of ignorant jewish cavemen?

You pick and select the parts of bible you like? How do you know the whole Jesus thing is not a mistake from the lying pens of scribes as well? We already have contradictory accounts of Jesus

Good point! Love thy neighbor as thyself. Mistake or not, does it not make sense?
Keeping in mind that some one is sick in the mind, cultures which (in my opinion) harm a person and so on, those who love another usually want the best for them.

It's the teaching you know.

Give thanks.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 9:14pm On May 04, 2013
@Lease, could you please check Numbers 14:1-35.
Verse 33 says "your children will be sheperds here for forty years,suffering for your unfaithfulness, until the last of your bodies lies in the desert"
Could you be so kind as to explain what God did there?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 9:22pm On May 04, 2013
Umnh..i think someone is just trying to create controversies here...lb if u ar so concern about the killing of David son, why not stand in front of ur house, look up into the sky and ask yahweh why he killed david son, you can take a humbly bold step like job did am sure he is going to answer you, instead of you making unnecessary hype here on NL seeking answers where you cant find.....
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 9:28pm On May 04, 2013
Debeloved87: Umnh..i think someone is just trying to create controversies here...lb if u ar so concern about the killing of David son, why not stand in front of ur house, look up into the sky and ask yahweh why he killed david son, you can take a humbly bold step like job did am sure he is going to answer you, instead of you making unnecessary hype here on NL seeking answers where you cant find.....

just tried that, no answers..... what other technique is available?

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2013
And also can you explain God's actions from verse 12 - 23.
Summary
* Israelites rebel
* God comes down and decides to kill them all save Moses (he plans to start a new race/nation with Moses)
* Moses calms him down and tells him to consider what the Egyptians would say
* He calms down and decides not to kill them but promises that those who witnessed his miraculous signs in Egypt would die and not get any place in the promised land
* finally, he punishes the children for the "sins" of their fathers (if you consider grumbling to be a sin)
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 9:58pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

just tried that, no answers..... what other technique is available?
haha...we meet again:-D...well, keep on trying, propably your voice or the grieveness of ur heart has'nt reach heaven yet. Since u ar now more concern, dnt 4get dat u ar going to cry more than the bereaved(David) to get ur answer...and dont forget david fasted for many days on this issue....so u are goin to join fasting with it ehn....lol

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 9:59pm On May 04, 2013
Debeloved87: haha...we meet again:-D...well, keep on trying, propably your voice or the grieveness of ur heart has'nt reach heaven yet. Since u ar now more concern, dnt 4get dat u ar going to cry more than the bereaved(David) to get ur answer...and dont forget david fasted for many days on this issue....so u are goin to join fasting with it ehn....lol

david did all those and the child still died anyway, so why should i want to keep on doing that.

Your god is too cruel to exist
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 10:20pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

david did all those and the child still died anyway, so why should i want to keep on doing that.

Your god is too cruel to exist
excuse me...david did that to get an answer and he got his answer,you too should go ahead and do that because u ar goin to get an answer. Or you want me to tell you how david got his answer?. Ok....David wasnt asking question from God, he was making a petition and its either yes or no and God said NO...shikena..
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 04, 2013
Debeloved87: Umnh..i think someone is just trying to create controversies here...lb if u ar so concern about the killing of David son, why not stand in front of ur house, look up into the sky and ask yahweh why he killed david son, you can take a humbly bold step like job did am sure he is going to answer you, instead of you making unnecessary hype here on NL seeking answers where you cant find.....

JOB?? God forbid!!!! shocked shocked shocked

You want me to end up like Job with replacement family? God killed Jobs children just to test him and then later, he sent replacement children as if children are mass produced machines that could just be replaced just like that.

Yahweh na wicked God ooo shocked shocked
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 10:30pm On May 04, 2013
Debeloved87: excuse me...david did that to get an answer and he got his answer,you too should go ahead and do that because u ar goin to get an answer. Or you want me to tell you how david got his answer?. Ok....David wasnt asking question from God, he was making a petition and its either yes or no and God said NO...shikena..

i'd rather start talking to a stone than to your god

What Is Your Favourite Christmas Carol? / Thoughts, Gross Matter, Ethereal Matter, And Etc. For Deepsight And Etc / Falling Under The Anointing

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84