Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! (24470 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / The Grace Antagonists 1 / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:03pm On May 23, 2013
Jesus said by their fruit you will know them. This confusing of law with grace: what has it led to in our church life?

1. Baby Christians: Believers who can't think for themselves but must depend on laws of do's and don'ts; or depend on a Pastor's thus saith the Lord.

2. Restoration of a new levithical priesthood: Men of God!

3. Prosperity gospel: when believers are not assured of an eternal security, they secure a temporal one for themselves.

4. Preoccupation with irrelevance: revivals and programs without end.

5. Biblical illiteracy: believer who do not know their bible. Who cannot divide the word rightly

6. Miracle seeking: and the consequent vulnerability of the church to quacks and false prophets. Case in point: T B Joshua.

7. A death of knowledge of church history: believer who do not know what led to the Reformation; stories of the great awakening; Wesley, Whitefield, Spurgeon, and even our own CAC apostle Babalola; etc.

1 Like

Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:04pm On May 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I'm not merely being sarcastic, shdemidemi, I'm mocking you.

Now, what do those Scriptures say that contradict what I said? And why do you have this penchant for qualifying the things that Scriptures say? Why do you add brackets? Are the Scriptures unclear without them?

I take the mock as a compliment then. It contradict because asides the common acceptance Christ, it teaches us not to accommodate any other gospel.

I put the bracket because of people like you who argue endlessly and find it difficult to discern easily.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Ihedinobi

Your post where you say U will take prisoners if anyone detracts from the person of Jesus are the same reason I disagree with U.

I did not say I will take prisoners, I said that I don't take prisoners under certain conditions. That's why I ask why it's difficult for you guys to read and understand people you think you are disagreeing with.

How does an individual that teaches that there are elements and principles in the law of Moses applicable today, not detract from Christ?

Do you have the stamina for that discussion? Or are you gonna shout all over the place, be outraged, walk out and return so many times that it will be impossible to discuss coherently with you?

Do you understand the persecution and hate Paul endured bc he taught that circumcision no longer applied to gentile Christians?

If he indeed taught what you said that he taught, why did he call us Christians the true circumcision?

He called it the offence of the cross. So how do you convince me that tithing differ from circumcision? In fact circumcision is given greater prominence than tithe in the OT and Paul discountenanced it, how much more the tithe?

What exactly did Paul call the offence of the Cross? Can you state it exactly?

That anyone encourages believers to tithe, or say a person will not be saved except they tithe or that some laws of Moses still apply to Christians today - that person is saying Jesus' cross is not sufficient and is detracting from Christ and must be resisted.

And have I taught that or even implied it in any way?

Your views are interesting but I can't agree on your position on the law.

I did not ask you to agree. I've never asked anyone to agree. I have demanded that my positions be properly, critically and honestly appraised. Have you done that?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 23, 2013
christemmbassey: pls can u explain this ur post, i hate to missudastand ppl. God bless.

Ask specific questions where you aren't sure of what I'm saying? It's too long a post to explain with another post.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

see, being under the law means you would carry out all of it like 'an eye for an eye' , stoning people to death and all. We say the law of Moses is not for a christian does not mean some contents within the law of moses can't be found when we become spiritual.

Lol.

1. Have I said that we Christians are under any law?

2. If the law of Moses is not for Christians, none of it will be found when we become spiritual.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:18pm On May 23, 2013
^^^^my days, see questions. This Ihedinobi has to be a joke, check how many question his got up there for drummaboy. Good luck men, I am out of here.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

I take the mock as a compliment then. It contradict because asides the common acceptance Christ, it teaches us not to accommodate any other gospel.

What, in as few words as you can manage, is the Gospel that we can accommodate?

Have I advocated accommodating gospels contrary to Christ?

I put the bracket because of people like you who argue endlessly and find it difficult to discern easily.

So you add your own "discerned" meaning to encourage me to shut up? Nice grin
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 23, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^my days, see questions. This Ihedinobi has to be a joke, check how many question his got up there for drummaboy. Good luck men, I am out of here.

Take the time you're away to think, bro.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:48pm On May 23, 2013
@Ihedinobi

Sorry if it seem I am not that 'constant' on these threads. I use a bad browser @ home that forces me to post concise messages

I will visit your statement tomorrow @ the office by God's grace. Right now I gatto go and sleep.

And guys let us make time out in our prayers tonight for Nigerians living in the UK for their safety. Some people have sent messages around about Nigerians in fear of reprisals.

Good night.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

Paul told his son to stay in that church which is a predominantly gentile church, but they still had people preaching a gospel that accommodate judaism to the church. Paul told Timothy to avoid history of how it was done before and how they are descendants of David or Abraham or anyone for that matter. Paul told him to stick to the gospel he taught him , he(Paul) knew if any other doctrine is added, it won't be the gospel of Christ anymore.
what i still don't understand is how you can explain timothy knowing of the scriptures when he was a child .Paul wasn't there to teach him. It is very clear and evident from scriptures that someone taught timothy the scriptures..lemme quote KJV and other translations i googled so you will get the gist and meat of this matter.

2 Timothy 3:15

Viewing the King James Version.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation
through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Other Translations of 2 Timothy 3:15

And that from a child thou hast known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible Scan

and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- New American Standard Version (1995)

And that from a babe thou hast known the sacred writings which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- American Standard Version (1901)

And that from the time when you were a child, you have had knowledge of the holy Writings, which are able to make you wise to salvation, through faith in Christ Jesus.
- Basic English Bible

and that from a child thou hast known the sacred letters, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation, through faith which [is] in Christ Jesus.
- Darby Bible

And that from a child thou hast known the sacred scriptures, which are able to make thee wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- Webster's Bible

and that from infancy you have known the sacred writings which are able to make you wise to obtain salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
- Weymouth Bible

From infancy, you have known the holy Scriptures which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus.
- World English Bible

It is evidently clear to all and sundry that timothy learnt sacred scriptures NOT from Paul when he was a child but from his grandmother, Lois, and his mother, Eunice, he had learned to know the Scriptures from childhood (2Ti 1:5). The holy scriptures. The Books given by inspiration. The Jewish Scriptures are primarily meant, but a part of the New Testament was already written. Which are able to make thee wise unto salvation. Give thee the wisdom that leads to salvation. If the Old Testament could make him wise, how much more the New Testament! Through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 23, 2013
Bidam:

It is evidently clear to all and sundry that timothy learnt sacred scriptures NOT from Paul when he was a child but from his grandmother, Lois, and his mother, Eunice, he had learned to know the Scriptures from childhood (2Ti 1:5). The holy scriptures. The Books given by inspiration. The Jewish Scriptures are primarily meant, but a part of the New Testament was already written. Which are able to make thee wise unto salvation. Give thee the wisdom that leads to salvation. If the Old Testament could make him wise, how much more the New Testament! Through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

correct this time .

grin
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 6:38am On May 24, 2013
frosbel:

correct this time .

grin
grin At last we agree on this..but it's what i have been saying all along without going into details na.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:25am On May 24, 2013
Bidam: what i still don't understand is how you can explain timothy knowing of the scriptures when he was a child .Paul wasn't there to teach him. It is very clear and evident from scriptures that someone taught timothy the scriptures..lemme quote KJV and other translations i googled so you will get the gist and meat of this matter.

2 Timothy 3:15

Viewing the King James Version.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation
through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

You infer too much and wrongly sometimes, don't force the scriptures to say what you want. The man still refers to Timothy as a young man even until he wrote to Timothy about how he should conduct himself in church (and this was about when he was killed)
12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
The boy you claim knew scriptures through the old testament was not even circumcised when Paul adopted him. All through Paul's ministry, all he was fighting against was the mixing of Jewish tradition of the law to christianity.

3 Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.

Please, never try to link the jewish way or the scriptures from the time of Moses to the gospel of Christ that Paul preached. If you have to link, you can go to Adam or Abraham but definitely not Moses or the mosaic law.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2013
Ihedinobi: The only thing I do not compromise on is Who the Lord Jesus is. On that matter, I'm ever a merciless warrior. Even though I may rebuke and chastise on doctrinal issues, on this one, I go all out and I take absolutely no prisoners. So every doctrine that takes something away from Christ by making Him less than the Scriptures make Him is one on which I will not compromise. Every spirit or attitude which does not receive Jesus as God come in the flesh and every doctrine that goes contrary to that is one I do not tolerate.

DrummaBoy: @Ihedinobi

Your post where you say U will take prisoners if anyone detracts from the person of Jesus are the same reason I disagree with U.

I did not say I will take prisoners, I said that I don't take prisoners under certain conditions. That's why I ask why it's difficult for you guys to read and understand people you think you are disagreeing with.

OK. I believe I got you wrong there. But It could still correctly be said that while you do not take prisoners on "certain condition", you will take prisoners on some other conditions - like in a case where you feel anyone is detracting from the person of the Lord. If not you would probably have stopped commenting here. My point in the above statement does not change, I believe your position on Law and grace detract from the person of Jesus and that is why the contention still remains.

How does an individual that teaches that there are elements and principles in the law of Moses applicable today, not detract from Christ?

Do you have the stamina for that discussion? Or are you gonna shout all over the place, be outraged, walk out and return so many times that it will be impossible to discuss coherently with you?

It would have been good to answer my question straight away rather than betray pious arrogance with whether I have stamina or not. If I do not have stamina and you do, why don't you show it. I mean, by now we would all have been disciples of Ihedinobi if your stamina (for arguing) was than incredible.
But that said; I want to know how you can decipher whether an individual is shouting or not, when we are all limited here by electronic writing? And to use your medicine against you (a penchant for questioning) could you qoute any of my post anywhere on NL where I was "outraged". My style does not allow for the back and forth argument you seem to relish with the likes of demi and Boomark; that is why I make my point and leave it to your conscience to see whether it is true or not. But you have succeeded in making me change my style now and must say well done on that.

Do you understand the persecution and hate Paul endured bc he taught that circumcision no longer applied to gentile Christians?

If he indeed taught what you said that he taught, why did he call us Christians the true circumcision?

There would have been no need for us all to discuss this grace issue if Paul did not teach against cirmcumcision (Acts15:1,2; Galatians 2:4-6)

And you know very well that the circumcision I said Paul spoke against was circumcision of the flesh done with human hands. Of course, he showed us that the circumcision that means anything to God today is the one done in the heart. Like the working of God's Spirit in men's heart. The same way the laws are written on our hearts and the same way it is totally absurd to think that the bases for paying tithe is bc a written code in Moses laws command paying tithe. If we would follow the logic of how circumcision in the flesh has now translated to circumcision in the heart; so also a code of paying tithe and offering has now been translated to "giving as every man purposeth in his hearth" 2 corinthians 9:7. To teach any other thing from this is to teach false doctrine and it is to detract from Jesus' gospel

He called it the offence of the cross. So how do you convince me that tithing differ from circumcision? In fact circumcision is given greater prominence than tithe in the OT and Paul discountenanced it, how much more the tithe?

What exactly did Paul call the offence of the Cross? Can you state it exactly?

You find the offence of the cross related to circumcision in Galatians 5:11. And no wonder some folks are mortally offended if anyone insinuates Christians must not pay tithe.

That anyone encourages believers to tithe, or say a person will not be saved except they tithe or that some laws of Moses still apply to Christians today - that person is saying Jesus' cross is not sufficient and is detracting from Christ and must be resisted.

And have I taught that or even implied it in any way?

To your credit you have not. But when you ally with those who do, one can assume that you do also.

Your views are interesting but I can't agree on your position on the law.

I did not ask you to agree. I've never asked anyone to agree. I have demanded that my positions be properly, critically and honestly appraised. Have you done that?

So far will I go with my appraisal of your last post to me.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

You infer too much and wrongly sometimes, don't force the scriptures to say what you want. The man still refers to Timothy as a young man even until he wrote to Timothy about how he should conduct himself in church (and this was about when he was killed)
12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
The boy you claim knew scriptures through the old testament was not even circumcised when Paul adopted him. All through Paul's ministry, all he was fighting against was the mixing of Jewish tradition of the law to christianity.

3 Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.

Please, never try to link the jewish way or the scriptures from the time of Moses to the gospel of Christ that Paul preached. If you have to link, you can go to Adam or Abraham but definitely not Moses or the mosaic law.
Do you study with a concordance bible at all or you just arrogantly love to argue for arguing sake? This your twisting of scripture is even more heretic than obadiah's.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:42pm On May 24, 2013
Bidam: Do you study with a concordance bible at all or you just arrogantly love to argue for arguing sake? This your twisting of scripture is even more heretic than obadiah's.

kindly show me where I have twisted anything from my response.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 24, 2013
Bidam: Do you study with a concordance bible at all or you just arrogantly love to argue for arguing sake? This your twisting of scripture is even more heretic than obadiah's.
JUDAZ ISKARIATTTTTT SMDH
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by MostHigh: 2:04pm On May 24, 2013
DrummaBoy: Jesus said by their fruit you will know them. This confusing of law with grace: what has it led to in our church life?

1. Baby Christians: Believers who can't think for themselves but must depend on laws of do's and don'ts; or depend on a Pastor's thus saith the Lord.

2. Restoration of a new levithical priesthood: Men of God!

3. Prosperity gospel: when believers are not assured of an eternal security, they secure a temporal one for themselves.

4. Preoccupation with irrelevance: revivals and programs without end.

5. Biblical illiteracy: believer who do not know their bible. Who cannot divide the word rightly

6. Miracle seeking: and the consequent vulnerability of the church to quacks and false prophets. Case in point: T B Joshua.

7. A death of knowledge of church history: believer who do not know what led to the Reformation; stories of the great awakening; Wesley, Whitefield, Spurgeon, and even our own CAC apostle Babalola; etc.

Cafetaria christian.

You love yashua and Paul but you dont obey them

Obedience is the key.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 2:53pm On May 24, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol.

2. If the law of Moses is not for Christians, none of it will be found when we become spiritual.

Common guy, so you mean without the law of Moses we can't but murder and commit adultery Remember Joseph overcame adultery temptation from potipher's wife over 500years before the Law of Moses. If you have the life of Christ we will manifest it by the Spirit and it will be without the law. This thing is too obvious bro.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 24, 2013
ayoku777:

Common guy, so you mean without the law of Moses we can't but murder and commit adultery Remember Joseph overcame adultery temptation from potipher's wife over 500years before the Law of Moses. If you have the life of Christ we will manifest it by the Spirit and it will be without the law. This thing is too obvious bro.

The exact same point where shdemidemi is stumbling all over the issue. smiley

You know, it would be lovely if you guys recognized that once the Foundation is the same, we will only eventually agree. If you understood this, then we could really discuss.

I asked shdemidemi what the law of Moses was. If you'd been following that discussion, you'd have learned by now that I ask questions for a reason. Perhaps you should try to answer that question for yourself.

However, I will repeat to you what I've already said here on this thread: the Law that Moses received from God in the desert did not start existing there in the desert. It is Eternal. Have I not already said that to you specifically in different words?

The Law is Christ, it has never changed and it will never change. Joseph was responding to it when he chose to reject Potiphar's wife's offer, Abel was responding to it when he built an altar to the Lord and offered a sacrifice of blood. Job was responding to it as well when he made sacrifices for sin and took care of the poor and needy. That Law is spiritual and all men have dealt with it from the beginning and will do so until the end.

But something definitely changed after our Lord ratified the New Covenant. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I ask you to think and tell me what you think it was that changed. It's pretty easy to find in the Scriptures especially in the letter to the Hebrews which was specifically written to explain to Hebrew believers what had happened to Moses because of the Death and Resurrection of our Lord.

I am ready and willing to pursue as full an understanding of this issue as the Lord grants us now if you are too. If you're not right now, too bad.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:37pm On May 24, 2013
^^ok
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2013
Ihedinobi:

The exact same point where shdemidemi is stumbling all over the issue. smiley

You know, it would be lovely if you guys recognized that once the Foundation is the same, we will only eventually agree. If you understood this, then we could really discuss.

I asked shdemidemi what the law of Moses was. If you'd been following that discussion, you'd have learned by now that I ask questions for a reason. Perhaps you should try to answer that question for yourself.

However, I will repeat to you what I've already said here on this thread: the Law that Moses received from God in the desert did not start existing there in the desert. It is Eternal. Have I not already said that to you specifically in different words?

The Law is Christ, it has never changed and it will never change. Joseph was responding to it when he chose to reject Potiphar's wife's offer, Abel was responding to it when he built an altar to the Lord and offered a sacrifice of blood. Job was responding to it as well when he made sacrifices for sin and took care of the poor and needy. That Law is spiritual and all men have dealt with it from the beginning and will do so until the end.

But something definitely changed after our Lord ratified the New Covenant. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I ask you to think and tell me what you think it was that changed. It's pretty easy to find in the Scriptures especially in the letter to the Hebrews which was specifically written to explain to Hebrew believers what had happened to Moses because of the Death and Resurrection of our Lord.

I am ready and willing to pursue as full an understanding of this issue as the Lord grants us now if you are too. If you're not right now, too bad.

Ok, if the Law of Moses is the same as the 'Law' of Christ, then which law was Paul talking about in 2Cor 3v7, which he referred to as the ministration of death, written and engraved in stones, which glory was to be done away? Please be direct, don't dance around semantics. Purity of heart and motive is needed to understand scripture and I need you to use both to answer this. What law was engraved in stone and done away with?

1 Like

Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 24, 2013
DrummaBoy:

OK. I believe I got you wrong there. But It could still correctly be said that while you do not take prisoners on "certain condition", you will take prisoners on some other conditions - like in a case where you feel anyone is detracting from the person of the Lord. If not you would probably have stopped commenting here. My point in the above statement does not change, I believe your position on Law and grace detract from the person of Jesus and that is why the contention still remains.

It's not very nice discussing with people who appear intent on misunderstanding you. To take no prisoners means, in this case, metaphorically, to fight to kill rather than give one's opponent an opportunity to change and be of use to you as prisoners of war can be.

I fight like that when people attack the Person of Christ. And proof of it is that I pass judgment on them and never relate again to them regarding Christ until I see that they have repented their foolishness.

Have I passed judgment here? I'm sure you do not know. You may ask frosbel, truthislight and boomark, yes, and okeyxyz, whether I have. They know what I do to pass judgment on anyone. On this thread, I am laboring. I am fighting for the very people who are shooting at me. I do not want them dead so my effort is not to shoot to kill, but to do my best to capture them. If that were not my intent, I would have ended this already and closed this discussion with you guys.

Now, whatever you may think, I know that those who kick against the Law are not necessarily attacking Christ. I have listened to you people and I know what some of you are fighting for and that's why I approach you differently. Those of you I treat differently are people I perceive to not actually be fighting the Law although they think they are but who are doing their best to defend the Cross. Now my effort is to show them a fuller meaning of the Cross so that they better discern its real enemies and the evil alliances that they have formed through ignorance that have surreptitiously caused them to make disguised attacks on the same Cross that they are defending.

It would have been good to answer my question straight away rather than betray pious arrogance with whether I have stamina or not. If I do not have stamina and you do, why don't you show it. I mean, by now we would all have been disciples of Ihedinobi if your stamina (for arguing) was than incredible.
But that said; I want to know how you can decipher whether an individual is shouting or not, when we are all limited here by electronic writing? And to use your medicine against you (a penchant for questioning) could you qoute any of my post anywhere on NL where I was "outraged". My style does not allow for the back and forth argument you seem to relish with the likes of demi and Boomark; that is why I make my point and leave it to your conscience to see whether it is true or not. But you have succeeded in making me change my style now and must say well done on that.

When I first answered you, I thought it was christemmbassy I was answering. When I realized it was you I decided to leave my comment because it still applied even if not as much as with christemmbassy.

Now, how does stamina equate to winning disciples, my friend? I was only stating that I don't want you to start something you do not intend to finish. You had to take offence because I mentioned stamina, outrage and shouting? smiley

Anyway, one can tell from the choice of words a given person uses to express themselves in writing whether they are outraged and/or shouting.

There would have been no need for us all to discuss this grace issue if Paul did not teach against cirmcumcision (Acts15:1,2; Galatians 2:4-6)

And you know very well that the circumcision I said Paul spoke against was circumcision of the flesh done with human hands. Of course, he showed us that the circumcision that means anything to God today is the one done in the heart. Like the working of God's Spirit in men's heart. The same way the laws are written on our hearts and the same way it is totally absurd to think that the bases for paying tithe is bc a written code in Moses laws command paying tithe. If we would follow the logic of how circumcision in the flesh has now translated to circumcision in the heart; so also a code of paying tithe and offering has now been translated to "giving as every man purposeth in his hearth" 2 corinthians 9:7. To teach any other thing from this is to teach false doctrine and it is to detract from Jesus' gospel

First of all, I knew that you were talking about physical circumcision, but I also knew that you did not know that you were. Another thing that I knew was that you did not know that it wasn't today or in this "dispensation" that God first demanded circumcision of the heart. See Deuteronomy 10:16.

Paul never taught against circumcisiom. Rather he insisted that the circumcision of the flesh by human hands mattered nothing and did not justify anyone. It was a carnal commandment that was permitted under the Old Covenant because of the stiffneckedness of the people. What God had always wanted and illustrated with the carnal commandment was the circumcision of the heart. And it became possible by the Cross of Christ.

There are other carnal commands. It is the law of externals and the obligation of the law that have passed away, my friend, not the spiritual law which was illustrated by the law of externals.

You find the offence of the cross related to circumcision in Galatians 5:11. And no wonder some folks are mortally offended if anyone insinuates Christians must not pay tithe.

There is a reason that I asked that you state exactly what the offence of the Cross is. What you have up there does not satisfy it at all.

To your credit you have not. But when you ally with those who do, one can assume that you do also.

If that is so, why exactly am I not assuming that you don't hold the Lord Jesus to be Almighty God become Man considering that you are "allied" with those who do not receive Him as such? Or are you one of those who think that Jesus is not God Almighty?

So far will I go with my appraisal of your last post to me.

Not sure what you're saying here. But all I said is that you are only required to judge what I have said and see whether or not Christ is in it.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 24, 2013
ayoku777:

Ok, if the Law of Moses is the same as the 'Law' of Christ, then which law was Paul talking about in 2Cor 3v7, which he referred to as the ministration of death, written and engraved in stones, which glory was to be done away? Please be direct, don't dance around semantics. Purity of heart and motive is needed to understand scripture and I need you to use both to answer this. What law was engraved in stone and done away with?

Where did you get the bolded?

The law engraved on stones was the Testimony recorded in Exodus 20-31.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Danfo(m): 11:37pm On May 24, 2013
DrummaBoy:

The mystery behind the great danfo is revealed. He is Roman Catholic. He can loose his salvation. See where pentecostals got there doctrine from... Catholics. No wonder the morbid hatred for Paul; will Roman Catholics not hate him forever who through his writting delivered the church from the reign of Popery 1600 years after his death.

And some of these neo-Judaizers are trying to return us back, not to bondage to the Pope but to little popes called general overseers.

You make me laugh...I'm no Catholic. If I was one I would not be so bold in demystifyinmg Paul as I have done to your utter horror.

I am a simple believer in Jesus and I worship wheresoever the name of Christ Jesus is honoured.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 4:48am On May 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

kindly show me where I have twisted anything from my response.
ok i will.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 4:49am On May 25, 2013
obadiah777: JUDAZ ISKARIATTTTTT SMDH
grin oga..dey vex
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 5:48am On May 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

You infer too much and wrongly sometimes, don't force the scriptures to say what you want.
grin isn't it funny that you are the one twisting and distorting this particular scripture to say paul meant a young man and not a child? even a pry skool kid knows the difference between a child and a young man.If you have a concordance bible read 2tim3:15 you will see it connecting with 2 tim 1:5 i don't just read a particular scripture and infer it. i connect scriptures with scriptures and the concordance has made it easier for all Christians..infact you are the one inferring that particular scripture ok..i gave you other translation with enough backings with strong concordance.the onus is on you to prove me wrong.
The man still refers to Timothy as a young man even until he wrote to Timothy about how he should conduct himself in church (and this was about when he was killed)
grin this does in NO WAY explain how timothy metamorphosed from a child to a young man over night..abi na magic? Jesus was a child when he knew the torah at the age of 12..He was a young man when he fulfilled his ministry at 33..so can you see the difference don't forget timothy's grandmother lois was a jew..so nothing wrong in skooling her grandchild in the torah.

Timothy's father was a greek and that did not stop Paul from circumcising timothy.so is knowing scriptures about Christ through the old testament wrong again? Even before paul received the mandate to preach to gentile nations..there are other believers who were preaching about CHRIST to the gentiles long before paul came on the scene..God is no respecter of persons. Don't just argue blindly go read the bible again..let me even quote it for you sef..

Paul came also to Derbe and Lystra. A disciple was there, named Timothy, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer; but his father was a Greek. He was well spoken of by the brethren at Lystra and Iconium. Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him; and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews that were in those places, for they all knew that his father was a Greek. Acts 16:1-3

Well, Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9, "To the Jew I became as a Jew; to the Greek I became as a Greek.and concerning moses paul quoted copiously from the law God gave to moses..i think you should read hebrews instead of these unpleasant accusations against moses as if it wasn't the same God that spake through moses speaking through paul.The simple statement Paul is making that YOU ARE FAILING TO SEE IS THAT CIRCUMCISION IS NOT NECESSARY TO BE SAVED.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Boomark(m): 9:05am On May 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol.

Inconsistency!

1 When he said said you must keep all the laws of Moses(stoning to death inclusive) as a Christian, you switched over to your question(1). What law have been advocating all this while on this thread?

2 So are we keeping the laws of Moses now that we are Christians in the new covenant which include stoning people to death? We cannot keep half and leave half and be under curse, Gal 3:10, James 2:10-12.

Can you explain James 2:10-12, especially v12? That is to keep speaking and acting as those who will be judged by the law of free people.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2013
My brother, I won't argue much about this issue. All I would say to you is that you are missing a lot from the scriptures.
Paul went to the Jews first and then to the gentiles. The book of Hebrews was written to differentiate between the tradition of the Jews and the grace in the power of Christ.

If your argument is that Timothy knew the scriptures before Paul taught him (although you could not prove it but you could be right). The bible say in Hebrews chapter 6

6 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Now what does that mean? Well you don't just stay there, those are elementary principles, and you don't stay in the elementary, you move on.

There was a man named Apollos, who teaches as well but was oblivious to this gospel of Christ's resurrection, therefore he taught from the old.
Acts 18:25

"This man (Apollos, a Jew) was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

A certain Aquila and Priscilla updated this man with the gospel they have been taught by Apostle Paul.

therefore, knowing the old scriptures is not wrong but mixing it with the gospel of Christ dilutes it and makes it false. Judaism, legalism, Temple worship, Covenant promises coming out of the Old Testament for the Nation of Israel is not part of the gospel of Christ.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Boomark(m): 9:17am On May 25, 2013
obadiah777: JUDAZ ISKARIATTTTTT SMDH

grin
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Boomark(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2013
ayoku777:

What they are doing is making the law of Moses superior to the law of the spirit.

If Christ existed from the beginning, then the law of the spirit existed from the beginning. The law of Moses was given to the Israelites in preparation for Christ to be made manifest so we can walk according to his law(law of the spirit) not the law of Moses which is of the flesh.

One cannot be in the spirit and still be under the law guiding the flesh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Pastor Digs Up Charm In Anambra. Nigerians React / Father Mbaka Speaks On Onitsha Fire: Don't Blame Hausas, Obiano Should Resign / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.