Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? - Entertainment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? (50038 Views)

Top 5 Ugliets Babes On Nigerian Television/entertainment Scene. / Would You Rather Give Up Music Or Television For A Month? / What Kind Of Television Programmes Do Nigerians Enjoy And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Tos87(m): 12:39pm On May 04, 2013
super Ted,Wiliwili,jagwa,things fall apart,danjer mouse,Village headmaster etc...lovly days free from Boko Haram.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 04, 2013
OK_2_NV:

Sorry but it will take another 30 odd years for Televisions to be invented tongue tongue tongue
IN NIGERIA MAYBE. I WAS BORN IN CHINA IN 1905. WE HAD TELEVISION SINCE 1902 cool
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 04, 2013
Algers 90 nations cup and Italian 90 world cup. Before we bought this TV we were using one 14inches O Tautung TV in my house then. Good old days when Chika Obi's daughter was Joy soap ambassador. Ah mumsy sunday rice and stew with local chicken used to take us to cloud nine A.K.A seventh heaven then. Oh!!! I love the days of National TV(black and white),FAN and Iron. Today's children una dey miss sweet things joor. Life was rossy then I confess

2 Likes

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by ujoatu(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2013
samanja coolsamanja
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by supaeagles(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2013
obadiah777: IN NIGERIA MAYBE. I WAS BORN IN CHINA IN 1905. WE HAD TELEVISION SINCE 1902 cool
Chei......China??......at that time even Chinese president no get radio sef........hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Tropilo(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2013
Technology changes and improves with time.

We used to have a more modernized version of that telly. Ours was with a very sensitive touch button for changing chennels and if you shut the right door the telly went off. We also had d panasonic video machine that was a big as a photocopying machine.

Now 3D and HD tellies are here. Nawa!

Only GOD knows what will become of our present tellies in the future.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by ITbomb(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2013
I hate to watch Voltron on this TV.
You wont know the colors of the various parts coming to join and form voltron.
Then my favorite club was Real Madrid, cos when they play with their white jersey, u will always know

Bro Godfrey come use colour destroy him TV, sotey we no dey like go him house again as one side turn red and the other side blue
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by jhydebaba(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2013
chiover: Algers 90 nations cup and Italian 90 world cup. Before we bought this TV we were using one 14inches O Tautung TV in my house then. Good old days when Chika Obi's daughter was Joy soap ambassador. Ah mumsy sunday rice and stew with local chicken used to take us to cloud nine A.K.A seventh heaven then. Oh!!! I love the days of National TV(black and white),FAN and Iron. Today's children una dey miss sweet things joor. Life was rossy then I confess
sorry sir, na una suffer joor. I culd remember how u use to hit that TV when it fvcks up and how u ve to wait for NEPA before u can put it on cheesy today's children rocks joor.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Owanlen: 12:47pm On May 04, 2013
BodyKiss: Tales by Moonlight, Willi-willi, Voltron, Danger mouse. Invisible man, Robin hood (The very first version... i guess). Damn, this looks so much like our tely back then. lol
grin grin I tell you!
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by slap1(m): 12:48pm On May 04, 2013
Atlanta '96, Jaguar and Nchele, Willy-Willy, Masquerade, Tales by Moonlight, 7 Lucky Kids. . .they are here! Yeeeeaaaaahhhh!, etc.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by holysina(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2013
Andy okereke part 1 and part 2 grin
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 04, 2013
Old school swags. Walkmans were the smart phones of the past. so many were stolen, borrowed and never return.

and to save battery we rewind the tape using pencils. Nothing like vinyl scratches or CD skipping. If a tape went bad we repaired it our self, edited it with cellotape and if we got bored of a collection we simply dubbed on it. Bootlegging era. I remember owing WOW mix tapes, Freshwave mix from ojuelegba and the other guy at Yaba (cant remember) and Jimmy jart tapes from Obalende.

A GOOD mix required a good tape. The ultimate being Denon Chrome Tapes!

Old school baby.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by whitedove(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2013
wow! arelu,another life,Indian films,kessingsheen hit show with Mustapha Amego etc
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by elviszzz: 12:49pm On May 04, 2013
Fadeyi oloro
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by supaeagles(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2013
ITbomb: .....Then my favorite club was Real Madrid, cos when they play with their white jersey, u will always know....
grin grin grin
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Ivoo(m): 12:50pm On May 04, 2013
Yes, we still have it and functioning well. I ll show u whenever I travel home.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by naptu2: 12:50pm On May 04, 2013
Tropilo: Technology changes and improves with time.

We used to have a more modernized version of that telly. Ours was with a very sensitive touch button for changing chennels and if you shut the right door the telly went off. We also had d panasonic video machine that was a big as a photocopying machine.

Now 3D and HD tellies are here. Nawa!

Only GOD knows what will become of our present tellies in the future.

Do you remember Betamax?

1 Like

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 04, 2013
naptu2:

Do you remember Betamax?

believe it or not in the north they still watch old indian films it. Betamax was better than VHS when it came to tape duration.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by magnificentsk(m): 12:53pm On May 04, 2013
Tv oni kpoko re , haA this is moneey, any one with useful info should contact this firm pls asap,ghanamstyle@gmail.com
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by braine(m): 12:53pm On May 04, 2013
You people are sooo ancient! Jesus! I've never seen this in my life. shocked
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by naptu2: 12:54pm On May 04, 2013
OK_2_NV: Old school swags. Walkmans were the smart phones of the past. so many were stolen, borrowed and never return.

and to save battery we rewind the tape using pencils. Nothing like vinyl scratches or CD skipping. If a tape went bad we repaired it our self, edited it with cellotape and if we got bored of a collection we simply dubbed on it. Bootlegging era. I remember owing WOW mix tapes, Freshwave mix from ojuelegba and the other guy at Yaba (cant remember) and Jimmy jart tapes from Obalende.

Old school baby.

We used to call that "surgery". My brother was the chief surgeon. Our implements were pencils, biros, cellotape and razor blades.

I also remember that there were these gigantic cartridges. The radiogram and the stereo-set in my brother's room had cartridge players.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by churific(m): 12:54pm On May 04, 2013
At least you had a television. Growing up in Nigeria, we watched a radio...mainly because my dad had forbidden us to touch it.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 04, 2013
supaeagles:
Chei......China??......at that time even Chinese president no get radio sef........hmmmmm
grin grin grin
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by jude33084(m): 12:55pm On May 04, 2013
Every_LadY:

yes,I remember Hotel the Jordan also.

My aunt use to lock her own with key wink

Until she comes back from the market no tv cheesy
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Fidelcruiz(m): 12:58pm On May 04, 2013
Every_LadY: Let me start,Things fall apart, the new masquerade,the cozby show...
We use those once wey dey dance Indian dance wen light don reduce.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by MrFord1: 12:58pm On May 04, 2013
Thing ring do your thing.
G-force
Rent-a-Ghost
Frank Spencer
Dr Who
Simon Templar
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 04, 2013
naptu2:

We used to call that "surgery". My brother was the chief surgeon. Our implements were pencils, biros, cellotape and razor blades.

I also remember that there were these gigantic cartridges. The radiogram and the stereo-set in my brother's room had cartridge players.

Then came the ultimate sound box; 5 CD Changer, one vinyl player, 2 tape players, radio tuner, amplifier and equlizer with 4 huge speakers.

Then my walkman died cry

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Owanlen: 1:01pm On May 04, 2013
eagle,eye:
I can remember when our own started giving wahala.... it will up its volume without anyone touching it. Then if you want to bring down the volume you will slap the TV on top or by the side.
If there was a visitor and the volume raises by itself, my sister will or any older sibling will call me (being the last) I will stylishly go close to the TV and slap it without the visitor being the wiser. And if you look for my trouble I will simply close the doors to the TV.

grin grin yeah we used to slap ours too. And my dad would lock the TV door to keep us away from it, but we would unlock it with a nail that was hammered flat at one end.
On hearing popsy coming, we would quickly lock the TV and pretend as if we had been good kids all day. grin
We also had a pendulum clock. When we don't feel like going to school (primary 4 afternoon session) we would climb up and catch the pendulum to a halt. When daddy returns at about 4 pm and is mad why we didn't go to school, we would point to the clock and say its not yet time grin grin
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by naptu2: 1:01pm On May 04, 2013
And I remember the video games. We had this binatone console (late '70s/early '80s). The only game we had on it was tennis (it was in black and white). You watched a white dot go back and forth over a net.

Then we got this atari console (early/mid '80s). I loved it! We had "Maze Craze", "PacMan", "Spiderman" (which was my favourite) and a "Superman" game that nobody understood.

1 Like

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by jude33084(m): 1:04pm On May 04, 2013
OK_2_NV: Old school swags. Walkmans were the smart phones of the past. so many were stolen, borrowed and never return.

Old school baby.

Definitely you are over 30yrs of old smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Forbes 10 Richest Musicians In Africa (Don Jazzy @ No 2) / Meet The Most Talented African Kid : Check Out Her Photos / Quilox Shut Down By Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.